Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Will you watch?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Will you watch?

Unread postby jb » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:48 pm

DiminishingSkills wrote:
jb wrote:I hear you John. And not that I can't claim guilty as charged. I just think it is different now and this region has taken too many body blows economically to support all big 3 anymore. Very different world demographically since softballs rained from the Terminal Tower. The NBA has always been a distant third in our collective affections in NEO, and I don't know if another nadir can be supported. I do agree TMLP is the X Factor.

I'm not trying to take your passion away from you. Makes you fun to read, for sure. If Bron announces he's staying, Ralphie on Christmas morning five seconds after opening the Red Ryder BB gun will have nothing on you.

Don't want to threadjack, so maybe sit on this until sometime after the decision (excuse me, The Decision), but ... really, is the world THAT different? Cleveland's industrial economy was in the crapper then, and it is today. And I'm not convinced that our region as a whole is worse. You've got huge (and growing) healthcare and legal markets here, but that story never seems to play as well as the grainy, black-and-white images of rusting smokestacks.

If anything, I think we're seeing good old democracy for two of our three sports teams. In most markets, if you put out a good product, people will come to your door ... if you don't, they won't. And that's as it should be. The Indians not drawing isn't a symptom of the region being unable to support a third sports team ... it's a symptom of them sucking shit, and being perceived as a blundering team that will continue to suck shit, and playing in a sport that is organized to keep all but the top few sucking shit. The Cavs have drawn very well when they've put winning teams on the court. They haven't when they haven't. Blah blah blah "Occam's Razor" blah blah blah.

As for the Browns ... well, that gets into a whole 'nother realm of the fan psyche.

That's enough for now ... like I said, we can put this on ice till a time when it doesn't have a fairly major story pushing it out of the way.

Doesn't matter!

He's staying!
We're seelling out for 6 more years and winnning 3 maybe 4 titles!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:51 pm

BTW tip for those of you who have to know the decision MFASAP, watch it on an old fashioned non HD analog set up, the signals arrive at your set faster. You'll have a head start on the official he said _____ thread.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:50 pm

My apologies, JCoz. I underestimated LeBron's capacity for sheer, utter cluelessness.

I think that this sums it up:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/07/08/lebron.decision.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

In Cleveland, the immediate reaction was predictably filled with outrage. Television images showed at least one fan burning James' No. 23 wine-and-gold jersey.

"I can't get involved in that," he said. "I wanted to do what was best for LeBron James ... At the end of the day, I feel awful. I feel even worse that I wasn't able to bring an NBA championship to that city.

"To my real fans out there, I hope that you'll continue to support me all the way to Miami."

Who the FUCK is a fan of LeBron James over the Cleveland Cavaliers?

We were your fans because you played for our team. Now that you don't, Fuck You.

Only a Tool of LeBron's order is a fan of that dude first. Maybe some 14 year olds will "continue to support him in Miami".

Now you will understand the meaning of the phrase "You can never go home again."
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA