Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Bosh & Wade Sign With Miami

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Bosh & Wade Sign With Miami

Unread postby p.b. fan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:39 am

WILL LEBRON JOIN THEM? if rummors true and lebron pissed why not. Source: mike and mike 7:15 AM.
p.b. fan

Favorite Player: marion motley
Least Favorite Player: yankees

Re: Bosh & Wade Sign With Miami

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:58 am

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:01 am

Poop
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby p.b. fan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:03 am

THE TV IDIOTS SAY JAMES TO KNICKS---YEAH RIGHT. chicago or cleveland. stay lebron--gilbert will do all you need.
p.b. fan

Unread postby p.b. fan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:10 am

Bosh refused to come here, lebron pushed hard.
p.b. fan

Unread postby CP » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:28 am

The irony is that Boozer is now potentially primed for redemption as the guy who now helped keep LBJ in Cleveland. I'd guess that he'd jump at a 6th yr and Utah wouldn't mind getting something back.
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:31 am

It is just good to see them pair up in Miami not Chicago. Teaming up in Chicago would have been awful for the Cavs.

Let's go get Al Jefferson.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:44 am

Says a lot about Bosh when he'd rather leave close to $30m on the table and play with a lesser player than help the team that drafted him get something back as he deserts them.

I know he's not obliged to consider Toronto when it's his career but still he would have done better for himself AND his former club by accepting a S and T here.

Dick head

I wanted Al Jefferson over him anyway
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:06 am

So much for the report that all the superstars were going to see where LeBron ended up before making their decisions. Looks like it's going to be the other way around wiht Amare, Bosh, and Wade all jumping in early.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:11 am

Some of those prognosticators are now wondering if LBJ will end up in Miami with those two. I say no way. Especially going in last of the three. He will not want to be viewed as a follower. If he could have committed to Miami first, maybe, but now, no way.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Unread postby CP » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:12 am

Prosecutor wrote:So much for the report that all the superstars were going to see where LeBron ended up before making their decisions. Looks like it's going to be the other way around wiht Amare, Bosh, and Wade all jumping in early.

He didn't tell them but he gave them the tea leaves to read. He drove the bus, they're just the ones shouting from the windows as it is driving.
CP

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 am

I'll wait until I hear it directly from Wade/Bosh. Another story where there are too much of

according to a person with knowledge of the situation.
through independent sources.
according to the source
the source said.

During this whole FA fiasco, there have been so many unnamed sources that have provided poor information. At least STAT and the Knicks came out and said, "Guess what?"

While I don't think it's not a strong possibility that Wade/Bosh are playing near Little Cuba, I want to wait until they're standing in front of the Heat logo actually saying it.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:25 am

Ya know, this Bosh/Wade news is the second worst news of the day for me...
This is the worst sports news of the day for me!
I won't sleep well for weeks now!
OldDawg

Unread postby jb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:42 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:Says a lot about Bosh when he'd rather leave close to $30m on the table and play with a lesser player than help the team that drafted him get something back as he deserts them.

Says more about D Wade leaving his kids in Chicago.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby p.b. fan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:42 am

i agree re unnamed sources, this one seems confirmed by multiple sources.
p.b. fan

Unread postby jb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:44 am

Broussard was in a tizzy on ESPN as if this is a huge game changer. He and producers really cranking up the "can't win in Cleveland" angles and saying what a huge blow this is to Cleveland's chances.

I don't get it.

wasn't this the probable scenario? Bosh joining Wade?
jb

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:45 am

p.b. fan wrote:i agree re unnamed sources, this one seems confirmed by multiple sources.
SI now has its sources in agreement:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/b ... index.html
OldDawg

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:46 am

jb wrote:Broussard was in a tizzy on ESPN as if this is a huge game changer. He and producers really cranking up the "can't win in Cleveland" angles and saying what a huge blow this is to Cleveland's chances.

I don't get it.

What's up with CB?
Dude was a high school beat writer for the PD not all that long ago. Now he throws us under the bus any chance he gets!
OldDawg

Unread postby jb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:52 am

OldDawg wrote:
jb wrote:Broussard was in a tizzy on ESPN as if this is a huge game changer. He and producers really cranking up the "can't win in Cleveland" angles and saying what a huge blow this is to Cleveland's chances.

I don't get it.

What's up with CB?
Dude was a high school beat writer for the PD not all that long ago. Now he throws us under the bus any chance he gets!

Meh. 12 hours ago he was all "he's stayin' in Cleveland" and "sentiment is winning out". He's all over the place.

Windhorst's latest twitter is far more disturbing.
jb

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:53 am

jb wrote:
OldDawg wrote:

I don't get it.

What's up with CB?

Meh. 12 hours ago he was all "he's stayin' in Cleveland" and "sentiment is winning out". He's all over the place.

Which is??
OldDawg

Unread postby jb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:55 am

OldDawg wrote:
jb wrote:
OldDawg wrote:

I don't get it.

What's up with CB?

Which is??

Suddenly it is clear to me. LeBron has changed. A new website. Starting Twitter. This announcement. This isn't the guy I know.
about 11 hours ago via web
jb

Unread postby CP » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:01 am

Windy's great as a reporter; his record with opinions and analysis is a bit more spotty. Not trying to sugar-coat but I think LBJ has been hell-bent on launching a brand for himself and making a spectacle of this no matter what.
CP

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:03 am

CP wrote:Windy's great as a reporter; his record with opinions and analysis is a bit more spotty. Not trying to sugar-coat but I think LBJ has been hell-bent on launching a brand for himself and making a spectacle of this no matter what.

Yeah I always said this meeting with teams and his whole 'come and woo me' campaign was purely perfunctory and that he'd always planned to stay put.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:12 am

I think this is great news. I don't think there's any way Lebron goes to Miami now. Either Miami signs Bosh/Wade outright as 2 max guys and then they'd have to S&T for Lebron which, I believe, Gilbert would refuse to do (especially with the crap-tastic group of players that Miami could offer) because he wouldn't enable Lebron to leave AND get the $30 million. Or if Miami does a S&T for Bosh, they'd have given up there only tradable assets (Beasley and Chalmers) to Toronto and wouldn't have any to acquire Lebron.

If Lebron and Bosh were adamant about playing together, Chicago would have been the natural fit and obviously that's not happening. And now I don't see Lebron going to Chicago without either of Bosh/Wade.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:42 am

per Hadisworld
UNTIL YOU HEAR CONFIRMATION FROM THE PLAYER HIMSELF. IT IS NOT OFFICIAL. I REPEAT. NOTHING IS OFFICIAL.
13 minutes ago via TweetDeck

He's with apoko group, a pr firm that works periodically w/ Bosh. Just as much a source as all the un-named sources out there.

FWIW
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:54 am

Uhm, ESPN scheduled the presser and every single source in the league has this as a done deal.

It's done Larvell.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:02 am

Just saw Windy's tweet reagrding the pc.

I wasn't holding onto a string hoping Bosh would see the light, just wanting confirmation from someone named, who's close to the situation.

Gonna be a fun time in South Beach getting players to fill out that roster. With Bosh and Wade, what's that make it, 4 players signed?

Looks like Gilbert/Grant will be hard at work on plan B to get someone next to LBJ.
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:06 am

Yeah, Wade and Bosh cannot pretend that they picked the best basketball option unless LBJ follows 'em, that's for sure.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:08 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Yeah, Wade and Bosh cannot pretend that they picked the best basketball option unless LBJ follows 'em, that's for sure.

That is for sure. Which makes me nervous that he is following them?

Is Wade such a prima donna that he had to get his by staying in Miami? If they were so intent on getting together, why wouldn't they both take a little less and go to Chi-Town? Why does Bosh have to give up some?

Makes me very nervous to hear of a trade of Beasley in the coming hours.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:10 am

Thought I saw on someone's twitter account that Toronto does want a do a S&T, Bosh called their bluff. Maybe I am making it up, but I swore I saw it somewhere. I dont think the S&T option is done.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:11 am

Yeah I doubt it is done as well.

That said, Miami has been trying to trade Beasley for a laundry bag for three + months and has found no takers. Be damn funny if Toronto ended up settling for him.

Not to mention that Beasley and Bargnani would make the worst defensive starting front court in the history of the NBA, which would fit on that team of Euro style non-defenders just beautifully.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:17 am

so the decision pretty much boils to down to something as shallow as "I like south beach, the girls and the club scene", over say, going to Chicago which has an NBA finals ready roster, or Cleveland in the fact that he could have made 30 more million, playing with LeBron, on a team that has Byron Scott, and has had the NBA's best record the past two years?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:19 am

p.b. fan wrote:WILL LEBRON JOIN THEM? if rummors true and lebron pissed why not. Source: mike and mike 7:15 AM.

NO
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:21 am

chrisbosh What's all the fuss about this morning? I woke up to a ton of emails, texts and missed calls.
15 minutes ago via Twitterrific

See, Bosh doesn't even know... ;-) ;) :wink:

Can't wait to see this documentry. This whole thing reeks WWE style. I wouldn't be surprised if Vince McMahon was consulted in the process.
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby jb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:22 am

pup wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Yeah, Wade and Bosh cannot pretend that they picked the best basketball option unless LBJ follows 'em, that's for sure.

That is for sure. Which makes me nervous that he is following them?

Is Wade such a prima donna that he had to get his by staying in Miami? If they were so intent on getting together, why wouldn't they both take a little less and go to Chi-Town? Why does Bosh have to give up some?

Makes me very nervous to hear of a trade of Beasley in the coming hours.

I'm not nervous at all anymore.

I just can not believe that with this on-air special thing that Bron is a big enough penis to roll the drive, the shot, the fumble, the mesa, etc into one giant kiss off. What would he do, lay out an hour special about all he's done and how Akron will always be his home and its just business? NFW. Also, IIRC, he has camp obligations in C-town the next week. No way he does this special and then hangs. The LeBrand would be forever destroyed.

I also think this will leak about mid day tomorrow latest due to production set up needs. Already, Rizzo says on TRBS that rumors are out there Bron will be broadcasting from St V / St M.
Last edited by jb on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:23 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:
chrisbosh What's all the fuss about this morning? I woke up to a ton of emails, texts and missed calls.
15 minutes ago via Twitterrific

See, Bosh doesn't even know... ;-) ;) :wink:

Can't wait to see this documentry. This whole thing reeks WWE style. I wouldn't be surprised if Vince McMahon was consulted in the process.

I'm feelin' a remake of the old Dean Martin Variety Show format. Allegedly, Ruth Buzzi was seen at CAK getting off Airtran.
jb

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:24 am

Just sayin', but so far Bucher's three for three with Boozer and Bron up in the air. If you're not following his tweets, you really should.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:25 am

I'll check the news later. Sitting down for my belgian waffles right now.
less than 5 seconds ago via UberTwitter

What's all the fuss about this morning? I woke up to a ton of emails, texts and missed calls.
20 minutes ago via Twitterrific

Bosh doesn't seem to have any idea what is going on.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby jb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:25 am

Triple-S wrote:
I'll check the news later. Sitting down for my belgian waffles right now.
less than 5 seconds ago via UberTwitter

What's all the fuss about this morning? I woke up to a ton of emails, texts and missed calls.
20 minutes ago via Twitterrific

Bosh doesn't seem to have any idea what is going on.

Sarcasm Bro.
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:27 am

difficult to read through text.

Triple-S

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:27 am

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Just sayin', but so far Bucher's three for three with Boozer and Bron up in the air. If you're not following his tweets, you really should.

It's like Buch and CB changed bodies this year. Traditionally CB is the accurate one that breaks far less and Buch the shit to wall guy.

That said, not going to hold anyone over the coals for reporting what they are told from this whole debacle. I got the feeling last night Windy himself was about to melt down trying to sort down which was was up.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:31 am

I don't know where Bosh will end up but it pretty much sounds like Miami is a lock.

What I DO know is that Bosh is an insecure, attention craving little bitch on the level of Lindsey Lohan.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:33 am

Triple-S wrote:so the decision pretty much boils to down to something as shallow as "I like south beach, the girls and the club scene", over say, going to Chicago which has an NBA finals ready roster, or Cleveland in the fact that he could have made 30 more million, playing with LeBron, on a team that has Byron Scott, and has had the NBA's best record the past two years?

No, IMO, Bosh realized he had to attach himself to the coat strings of Wade or LBJ to take his next step as a player in the league and Wade met him w/ open arms, whereas LBJ kinda strung him along and then had the audacity to try and sell him on NEOhio.

EOD: it was Wade's decision to go back to Miami, trust in that.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:34 am

jb wrote:I also think this will leak about mid day tomorrow latest due to production set up needs. Already, Rizzo says on TRBS that rumors are out there Bron will be broadcasting from St V / St M.

Are you sure about that? My sources have told me it's going to be Omaha.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Just sayin', but so far Bucher's three for three with Boozer and Bron up in the air. If you're not following his tweets, you really should.

It's like Buch and CB changed bodies this year. Traditionally CB is the accurate one that breaks far less and Buch the shit to wall guy.

That said, not going to hold anyone over the coals for reporting what they are told from this whole debacle. I got the feeling last night Windy himself was about to melt down trying to sort down which was was up.

This is where we disagree. If you forgive one you have to forgive them all. That goes for Windy, Bucher, Broussard, Screamin' A. Smith; all of them either get indicted or given a pass. There is absolutely no difference with this story for the last few weeks.

Throw past history out the window. These guys created content and concentrated on web/twitter hits and had no concern whatsoever for integrity.

Simple difference between confirming stories and creating them. None of them had the sources or the ability to actually say anything factual.

Maybe that's now their job and that's fine. But to paint it any other way is disingenuous IMO. They're all the same in whatever light you want to look at them.

YMMV.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am

Motherscratcher wrote:I don't know where Bosh will end up but it pretty much sounds like Miami is a lock.

What I DO know is that Bosh is an insecure, attention craving little bitch on the level of Lebron James.

LeBron just tweets less.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 am

You must have misread me Peeks, because I do forgive 'em all for this story.

I cannot imagine having to cover this w/ all of the BS flowing out there.

(and no, I don't forgive Screamin, he doesn't count)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:38 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
Triple-S wrote:so the decision pretty much boils to down to something as shallow as "I like south beach, the girls and the club scene", over say, going to Chicago which has an NBA finals ready roster, or Cleveland in the fact that he could have made 30 more million, playing with LeBron, on a team that has Byron Scott, and has had the NBA's best record the past two years?

No, IMO, Bosh realized he had to attach himself to the coat strings of Wade or LBJ to take his next step as a player in the league and Wade met him w/ open arms, whereas LBJ kinda strung him along and then had the audacity to try and sell him on NEOhio.

EOD: it was Wade's decision to go back to Miami, trust in that.

Its either "coat tails" or "apron strings".

:hide:
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:38 am

e0y2e3 wrote:

This is where we disagree. If you forgive one you have to forgive them all. That goes for Windy, Bucher, Broussard, Screamin' A. Smith; all of them either get indicted or given a pass. There is absolutely no difference with this story for the last few weeks.

Throw past history out the window. These guys created content and concentrated on web/twitter hits and had no concern whatsoever for integrity.

Simple difference between confirming stories and creating them. None of them had the sources or the ability to actually say anything factual.

Maybe that's now their job and that's fine. But to paint it any other way is disingenuous IMO. They're all the same in whatever light you want to look at them.

YMMV.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:39 am

RickNashEquilibrium wrote:
Motherscratcher wrote:I don't know where Bosh will end up but it pretty much sounds like Miami is a lock.

What I DO know is that Bosh is an insecure, attention craving little bitch on the level of Lebron James.

LeBron just tweets less.

That's actually what I was thinking, but Lindsey Lohan made me laugh and Lebron made me sad.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA