Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Great Lakes New One: Lake Erie Monster IPA

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Re: Great Lakes New One: Lake Erie Monster IPA

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:18 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:Just got home and found some Oberon in the fridge.

Just found it in the fridge? I wish I had a beer fairy that came and filled my fridge up with beer every night. That'd be sweet. How did you get yours?
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Ziner wrote:

Just found it in the fridge? I wish I had a beer fairy that came and filled my fridge up with beer every night. That'd be sweet. How did you get yours?

I took it from the pantry and put it in there this morning and "found" it was still there after work :thumb up:
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:25 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:
Ziner wrote:

I took it from the pantry and put it in there this morning and "found" it was still there after work :thumb up:

Damn, I was hoping it was the next Coors gimmick
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:17 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
RickNashEquilibrium wrote:Czechvar is available at almost all places that have a decent amount of imports. The problem is its a mediocre Pilsner who happens to be owned by Budweiser. Not saying its bad stuff, but its the most vanilla of all Czech lagers I've had.

It's not owned by Budweiser. They have an agreement with AB to market it here in the US, it's also not a pilsner either. And it's not mediocre. It's no Krombacher, Wartsteiner, Mahrs, or Krugbrau but it's still a really solid lager.

Pilsner Urquell is also really fuckin good.

Almost like becoming a beer fan is a cool/hipster thing to do

I'm no hipster. I'm a beer fan because I love beer. I love beer so much I went to Munich for Oktoberfest (and yes that makes me sooooooo fuckin awesome ;-) ;) :wink: ). I'm like you, I drink what tastes good, I never read reviews cause that's for jagoffs.

Just being a snide prick here, but technically there are really only 2 kinds of beers: Ales and Lagers (the types of yeast used in fermentation, top/bottom fermented respectively). A pilsner, hells lager, bock, marzen, dortmunder, etc fall into the latter while stouts, ambers, hefes, barleywines, dunkels, kolsch, most belgians are all ranges of ales.

As I type this, I'm about to crack open a a Brooklyner-Schneider Hopfen-Weisse (Weizenbock) which is a blend of a Schneider-Weisse Wheat then dry-hopped with Amarillo and Palisade hops.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby waborat » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:00 pm

RickNashEquilibrium wrote:As I type this, I'm about to crack open a a Brooklyner-Schneider Hopfen-Weisse (Weizenbock) which is a blend of a Schneider-Weisse Wheat then dry-hopped with Amarillo and Palisade hops.

Hmmm, sounds interesting...

I'm sipping on a Busch Light, which tastes like it was made with Gulf water & Hagfish placenta
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:31 pm

waborat wrote:
RickNashEquilibrium wrote:As I type this, I'm about to crack open a a Brooklyner-Schneider Hopfen-Weisse (Weizenbock) which is a blend of a Schneider-Weisse Wheat then dry-hopped with Amarillo and Palisade hops.

I'm sipping on a Busch Light, which tastes like it was made with Gulf water & Hagfish placenta

Doooods, sometimes aint's no thang wrong with dat if da time is write!

/My drunk ass, on Saturday for the 3rd of July, when my parents meet my GF's parents for the first time. Nothing long with a little pain, anxiety, and awfulness to down quickly so I'm thinking about something else. I'll put it this way - my parents are pretty small town (but worldy folk) and her folks are Swiss-Dutch nationals. Awesome.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:52 pm

RickNashEquilibrium wrote:

Just being a snide prick here, but technically there are really only 2 kinds of beers: Ales and Lagers (the types of yeast used in fermentation, top/bottom fermented respectively). A pilsner, hells lager, bock, marzen, dortmunder, etc fall into the latter while stouts, ambers, hefes, barleywines, dunkels, kolsch, most belgians are all ranges of ales.

Nah you're not a snide prick. I just have a powerful lust for Pils, which is a lager, but I just consider them two somewhat different things. Kinda like a shark and a walleye, sure they're both fish, but different in looks and taste.

I don't drink Ales, dark beer just doesn't fit my pallet.

I'm drinking Spaten Lager.... and it's goooood. (oh and my good friend Mr. Turkey is here as well)

"Good people drink good beer" - Hunter S Thompson

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

My drunk ass, on Saturday for the 3rd of July, when my parents meet my GF's parents for the first time. Nothing long with a little pain, anxiety, and awfulness to down quickly so I'm thinking about something else

I suggest hard liquor and Xanax lines.....
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:07 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm drinking Spaten Lager.... and it's goooood. (oh and my good friend Mr. Turkey is here as well)

"Good people drink good beer" - Hunter S Thompson

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

My drunk ass, on Saturday for the 3rd of July, when my parents meet my GF's parents for the first time. Nothing long with a little pain, anxiety, and awfulness to down quickly so I'm thinking about something else

I suggest hard liquor and Xanax lines.....

Wow - I wasn't even drunk when I wrote that. What I meant to say was nothing wrong with a little paint, anxiety, and awfulness to down quickly so busch light made sense. But seriously, I am going to be absolutely stupid on Saturday - good thing her parents, who live in Chardon, hang out only other Europeans for the most part. We're going to be having fun and shitfaced, so hopefully our parents hit it off well.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby jb » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:50 am

waborat wrote:

U at a NASCAR race?

Only excuse.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby waborat » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:43 am

jb wrote:
waborat wrote:

U at a NASCAR race?

Only excuse.

Tittie club...

Only other ;-) ;) :wink:
waborat

Unread postby jb » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:18 pm

waborat wrote:
jb wrote:
waborat wrote:

U at a NASCAR race?

Only excuse.

Tittie club...

You post from da scripts clubz? How ugly was she?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby waborat » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:41 pm

jb wrote:
waborat wrote:
jb wrote:
waborat wrote:

U at a NASCAR race?

Only excuse.

Tittie club...

You post from da scripts clubz? How ugly was she?

Ugly enough where when she walks into banks, they turn off the surveillence cameras
waborat

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:57 pm

Last Friday I drank a 4-pack of Monster. Good stuff. I followed that up with a couple Bud Lites and some 64 cal shit my cousin had. Tasted like water. Some family came in late Friday from PA. They had 4 cases of Yuengling. Good shit.

Why exactly don't they ship Yuengling to Ohio?
bucknutz94

Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:27 pm

bucknutz94 wrote:Last Friday I drank a 4-pack of Monster. Good stuff. I followed that up with a couple Bud Lites and some 64 cal shit my cousin had. Tasted like water. Some family came in late Friday from PA. They had 4 cases of Yuengling. Good shit.

Why exactly don't they ship Yuengling to Ohio?

If I drank a 4-pack of Monster I would be left trying to decide if the room spun less with my eyes open or closed.

I would then do the logical thing. Take the dog for a walk. I've taken the dog on drunken walks long enough that my wife got in the car to come looking for me.

True story.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:39 pm

bucknutz94 wrote:Why exactly don't they ship Yuengling to Ohio?

I asked a distributor in Erie the same question. Said they don't want to dilute their quality or their distribution methods by adding more states. They have a brewery in PA and FL apparently andfeel like they can cover where its available now without reducing quality.

Take it fwiw but I've had Yeungling in TX and MI so at the end of the day I don't know what to believe.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby waborat » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:49 pm

peeker643 wrote:
bucknutz94 wrote:Why exactly don't they ship Yuengling to Ohio?

I asked a distributor in Erie the same question. Said they don't want to dilute their quality or their distribution methods by adding more states. They have a brewery in PA and FL apparently andfeel like they can cover where its available now without reducing quality.

Take it fwiw but I've had Yeungling in TX and MI so at the end of the day I don't know what to believe.

Peek's right, they don't have the means to add any more states without sacrificing quality...

Only 2 breweries (PA & FLA), that are taken over by family members as the last ones retire/die...Anheiser's been trying to buy them out for a while so they can be called "the oldest in America"...

Only available in 11 states + DC: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, South Carolina, Alabama & West Virginia
waborat

Unread postby just another fool » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:26 am

Market Garden Brewery is open now, btw.

Stopped by real quick yesterday for a beer. They were out of their IPA and pale ale but had the Gordian Strong Ale and it was excellent. I'll definitely be going back soon.
just another fool

Favorite Player: tyrone hill
Least Favorite Player: tyrone hill

Previous

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry