Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

2010 Rumor Mongering thread

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: 2010 Rumor Mongering thread

Unread postby CP » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:03 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:In retrospect, we should've seen this coming.

- The megastars narrow their search and concentrate on mo' money.

- Teams that raped the roster for cap space only to find there won't be a Bron under the free agency tree start scrambling to fill the roster voids.

- As a result, other teams hoping to retain their own second/third tier stars like Rudy Gay and Joe Johnson throw the max at them to keep from having them leave for max contracts elsewhere.

- The remaining crap free agents make out like Ron Mercer and Larry Hughes.

- The owners cry poverty and overpaid contracts during next year's lockout.

Quite the vicious cycle, ain't it?
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:13 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
Bayou Tribe wrote:And holy crap was I hitting the pipe on my Rudy Gay take. I must not have been following the UFA class close enough, cause I didn't expect him to get max $$.

In retrospect, we should've seen this coming.

- The megastars narrow their search and concentrate on mo' money.

- Teams that raped the roster for cap space only to find there won't be a Bron under the free agency tree start scrambling to fill the roster voids.

- As a result, other teams hoping to retain their own second/third tier stars like Rudy Gay and Joe Johnson throw the max at them to keep from having them leave for max contracts elsewhere.

- The remaining crap free agents make out like Ron Mercer and Larry Hughes.

- The owners cry poverty and overpaid contracts during next year's lockout.

Is not more or less what I posted? Much ado-about nothing. Status Quo. Self-promotion, hot-air, and at the end of the day, the dust settles and we're back to where we started - people guessing about what happens to the FA class of 20XX.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby Sol Solis » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:45 am

I know that this has been discussed before, and has been generally regarded as pure speculation and wishful thinking, but I think it deserves some revisited discussion: What about a Chris Paul trade to Cleveland?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors#17114

You have to be an insider to read it, but basically it says that the Cavs would give up, West, Varejao, and Mo for Paul and Okafor. The biggest difference now is that the Cavs have Scott as their coach and he has strong ties to Paul. Granted, that doesn't necessarily mean anything but I think it certainly helps us. The rumor also says that when a superstar's name starts getting thrown out there in possible trades and they are actively stating that they are open to it, it generally becomes a reality.

Wishful thinking still? Absolutely. But it has to be a stronger chance to become reality now that the Cavs have Scott.
Sol Solis

Favorite Player: King Louie
Least Favorite Player: Sheed

Unread postby Sol Solis » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:50 am

Also from the same rumor thread in ESPN Insider: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors#17116

They talk a little about the Cavs play for Amare and Bosh (which was also covered by Windhorst). Basically they say that for teams like the Cavs, Suns, and Raptors that could potentially lose their star player, it makes sense to do a sign and trade just to get something in return. Even if that something in return is just a second-round draft pick.

What's interesting (to me at least) is that the Cavs are for sure being active players in the market. This reason alone makes me feel like Lebron on board or not, the Cavs will be able to be at least semi-competitive come playoffs next year. I just don't think that Gilbert will let this team fail.
Sol Solis

Unread postby CharacterIV » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:55 am

The Cavs getting Chris Paul in some kind of Godfather-esque deal leveraged by Paul's desire to reunite with Scott and hook up with LBJ has been the primary NBA fantasy I've held for this offseason (at least since Scott became a likely HC candidate), but even I consider it really unlikely to happen. New Orleans ownership takes an absolute bath in negative feedback, both for trading the face of their franchise and kowtowing to the trade demands of a player, and I just don't think that the Cavs could put together the most attractive offer. I really don't think that the Hornets are going to want Mo, who is under contract (even if it is relatively affordable) or Varejao, who is under an even longer deal, even if it lets them out from under Okafor's deal. West I think they'd take just because it's inevitable salary savings. Hickson also, possibly, so that can say they at least got something useful in a prospect from the deal. But that's about it. Even if you could switch in players to make the numbers workable, I think some other franchise would top that in a second, and I think NO would be more inclined to trade to a different team so as to save some face. "We'll trade you if you really want it, but we're going to trade you for the best deal, not where you tell us to."

Love if it happened, but I consider it exceptionally unlikely.
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Hometown Pride
Least Favorite Player: Wiggins Remorse

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:28 pm

The Knicks don't have a PG again w/ somewhat failed Euro PG Sergio Rodriquez going back to Real Madrid and Amare turned down a lot of money from the Suns. His logical replacement, why, Hakeem Warrick of course!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Sol Solis » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Bosh is ridiculous. Apparently he just signed a new contract with an agency company, and by doing this he was able to get them to film a documentary about this summer's free agency. So now apparently at all his meetings with team exec's he has a camera crew following him around. There's just no end to his media attention seeking.
Sol Solis

Unread postby Crash Davis » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:49 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The Knicks don't have a PG again w/ somewhat failed Euro PG Sergio Rodriquez going back to Real Madrid and Amare turned down a lot of money from the Suns. His logical replacement, why, Hakeem Warrick of course!

They need one but maybe getting Stoudemire helps land another "Max" guy. Knicks and Amar'e Stoudemire are making progress on 5 year, max contract, sources say. Framework of deal in place, talks continuing today.
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
Crash Davis

Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Unread postby OrangeElf » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:07 pm

Supposedly Dwayne Wade is in a NY state of mind right now.... hmmmm. Probably just trying to fleece the Heat for all he can get in addition to the MAX.
"On the Brown and Orange bandwagon since 1972 and never gettin' off"
OrangeElf

Favorite Player: Gene Hickerson
Least Favorite Player: Any in Black~n~Gold

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Supposedly D-Wade is leaning Chi-town.

I love supposedlies.

Either way, your PG of the Lake Show once D-Fish retires....

STEVE BLAKE BOY!!!!!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby OldDawg » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Sol Solis wrote:I know that this has been discussed before, and has been generally regarded as pure speculation and wishful thinking, but I think it deserves some revisited discussion: What about a Chris Paul trade to Cleveland?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors#17114

You have to be an insider to read it, but basically it says that the Cavs would give up, West, Varejao, and Mo for Paul and Okafor. The biggest difference now is that the Cavs have Scott as their coach and he has strong ties to Paul. Granted, that doesn't necessarily mean anything but I think it certainly helps us. The rumor also says that when a superstar's name starts getting thrown out there in possible trades and they are actively stating that they are open to it, it generally becomes a reality.

Wishful thinking still? Absolutely. But it has to be a stronger chance to become reality now that the Cavs have Scott.

CP putting the push on NO.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/b ... index.html

CP3 would make me smile
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:31 pm

This could be real effing good for us, only leaving the Russian as a threat:

RT @ChiTribuneLive: CSN has confirmed that Wade and Bosh are both currently at Henry Thomas' office with #Bulls management
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Oh and we aren't getting CP3, have nowhere near the assets the Knicks, Blazers or Nets have to get him.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:33 pm

I can't keep up with this shit. I thought Wade and Bosh were a lock in Miami. WTF.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Ha, no doubt.

Wade's agent said no signing imminent, so don't shit yourselves, but this is the first time, as far as I know, any of the big guys have scheduled their sit downs together. Chad Ford is also reporting that Wade is leaning Chicago and Woj seemed to infer as much.

I think Wade's sick and tired of trying to build something out of a roster of nothing in Miami.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:41 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I think Wade's sick and tired of trying to build something out of a roster of nothing in Miami.

Coincidental that its falling into place after the Heat management had their talk with Bron? "Yo Dwayne, it was a nice package but not really what I was lookin' for..."
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:42 pm

I dunno, I don't think Wade or Bosh ever though the threesome was a real possibility. I mean, Bosh freaking said as much.

I think Wade's home for the summer and just kept staring at the Bulls roster and got a little chubby. Combine that w/ Bosh following him around like a lap dog for the past two weeks and them sharing an agent and you end up w/ a double meeting.

Could mean nothing, but meh.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby CP » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Emotion aside, which situation would be worse going forward? Miami w/o Wade or Cleveland w/o LeBron? I submit that Miami would be the worst team in the league for 2-3 years. All that cap room and no one to max it out on.
CP

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:04 pm

Is anyone else completely fed-up with all of this bullshit after just one official day of free agency??

I have come to the firm belief that the media is just blowing-up every damn rumor and spinning every single comment into a story much bigger and deeper then it is. Every media outlet was reporting Thur/Fri that Wade was a Miami lock and that most teams thought it was a waste of time meeting with him and Chicago was just going through the motions. Now less then 6 hours later he is leaning or "committed to the Bulls". And this because he realized they have a potentially better roster and the ability to sign 2 max guys. WTF, none of this is new, Wade along with every idiot and their brother has been aware of this since the draft day trades. No way that was some huge relevation during Wade's meeting with the Bulls. No way the money or contract size was a huge deciding factor since everyone already knew he was a max guy. There can't be much else involved in their decisions then those 2 key factors.

Just a bunch of shit to get us to read their websites, watch their news programs multiplied by stars and agents also wanting to get their fame and attention. It makes me f'ing sick. No more watching for me until all the big decisions are completely locked-in and contracts signed. It's summmer too much else to enjoy.

F'em all I say.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:12 pm

If it upsets you that much, don't tune in...

We've had our fill of mock outrage for the day.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:58 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Ha, no doubt.

Wade's agent said no signing imminent, so don't shit yourselves, but this is the first time, as far as I know, any of the big guys have scheduled their sit downs together. Chad Ford is also reporting that Wade is leaning Chicago and Woj seemed to infer as much.

I think Wade's sick and tired of trying to build something out of a roster of nothing in Miami.

Wade ought to go to Chicago. How could anyone fault him after the shit Riley has put together since their title? Situation is different because of
a) Haven't been trying to win
b) Already won them a title
c) Chicago is his hometown

That said, only thing preventing that starting 5 from winning 70 is whether Rose and Wade can coexist (very open question) and their health (even more open as a question). I mean, holy shit. Noah and Deng are perfect compliments for 3 big time scorers and Bosh is so damn efficient he hardly needs any touches for those 20+.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:57 pm

Yahoo, you do realize everyone thought Wade was a lock because he said he wanted to stay in Miami, right?

and aoxo, don't tell CP that team is winning 70, trust me.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby CP » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:03 am

It doesn't matter whether that team could win 70 games because that team isn't likely to exist. Seems the Bulls' plan is to ship Deng for Dampier's non-guaranteed, expiring deal so they can afford two max guys.

If those two guys are Wade/Bosh, the question shifts to who will be on the wing. They'll have some of Dampier's money to address that question (along with the rest of the bench).

Of course, that blows up if Dallas gets something better for Dampier's expiring deal, and I think they can do way better than Deng signed through 2014.
CP

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:06 am

I wouldn't say it seems like anyone is getting shipped out in Chicago, at least not from what I have read. It seems like they are looking at a ton of avenues and we will see how it plays out from there. And, IMO, the odds of Dallas blowing that Dampier contract (which is the biggest asset any team has right now) on Deng's contract makes somewhere between zero and absolute zero sense.

And, not sure if you realize this or not, but Dampiers contract isn't expiring, it is non guaranteed. He can be waved in August w/ no buyout. The contract is pure genius,
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby daddywags » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:07 am

Clearing up earlier misinformation, Bulls did NOT meet with Wade/Bosh together. Wade at agent's office. Bosh met Bulls there, then to UC.

http://twitter.com/kcjhoop

KC Johnson, Bulls beat reporter.
daddywags

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:07 am

Yeah, just saw that. Also worth noting the timing was probably linked up due to the sharing an agent thing.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby CP » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:13 am

Cavs best chance right now might be blowing Toronto away with a trade offer on a S&T for Bosh and forcing Bosh to choose between 5 yrs w/ Wade in Chicago or 6 yrs w/ LBJ in Cleveland.

Trying to match up the numbers that Windy set forth earlier tonight in a tweet: Without getting into specifics Cavs have non-guarantees worth $5.3M & can structure multiple trades to save Raps $5-7M more in 1st yr alone.

Calderon/Bosh for Varejao/West/Telfair/Parker/Hickson looks close to working dollar-wise and probably forces Chicago to make some choices it doesn't want to make necessarily.
CP

Unread postby CP » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:19 am

For the record, Cavs right now have great flexibility toward the 2012 FA period if LBJ signs a long enough deal to make that relevant. At that point they'd only have LBJ & Andy signed to anything that wasn't an expiring contract. Mo & Boobie would total over $14 million in expirings. Hickson has a qualifying offer of $3.35 million.
CP

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:49 am

Is it incorrect in thinking that some of these proposed super teams could be bad for the NBA, or is that just my complete and utter cleveland sports homerism leaking out?

just seems rather Yankee like to me.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:15 am

Triple-S wrote:Is it incorrect in thinking that some of these proposed super teams could be bad for the NBA, or is that just my complete and utter cleveland sports homerism leaking out?

just seems rather Yankee like to me.

You ever see 'Heat' with DeNiro and Pacino?

Well, my guess is there's a big 'Heat' factor for whatever team that signs too many egos. Yeah, pretty much all NBA players have 'em (and most haven't done shit to warrant them) but when you get a collision of superegos in a locker or on a floor at win or wet the bed time, well, better be careful who you're putting together.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:11 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I dunno, I don't think Wade or Bosh ever though the threesome was a real possibility. I mean, Bosh freaking said as much.

Concur. Way, way, way too much money left on the table per Windy. Bosh & Bron would likely be paid less and each giving up $ 38 mil. Just doesn't happen with in-prime players.

Still down to us and Chicago.

Hometown, mo money & possibilities to win vs bets chance to win now.

And the beer.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:19 am

e0y2e3 wrote:This could be real effing good for us, only leaving the Russian as a threat:

RT @ChiTribuneLive: CSN has confirmed that Wade and Bosh are both currently at Henry Thomas' office with #Bulls management

Make for a crazy rivalry.
jb

Unread postby CP » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:06 am

@IraHeatBeat: Spoke with an agent who is very tuned in. He laughed off Wade departure concerns. "It's all a smokescreen," the reputable agent said.

Honest question: what is he smoke-screening? Is he trying to distract the Bulls during their LBJ presentation into something they can't perform, like a LBJ-Wade duo in Chicago? Are the Bulls that stupid?
CP

Unread postby jb » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:10 am

CP wrote:@IraHeatBeat: Spoke with an agent who is very tuned in. He laughed off Wade departure concerns. "It's all a smokescreen," the reputable agent said.

Honest question: what is he smoke-screening? Is he trying to distract the Bulls during their LBJ presentation into something they can't perform, like a LBJ-Wade duo in Chicago? Are the Bulls that stupid?

Pressuring Riles. Sick of losing.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:15 am

CP wrote:Cavs best chance right now might be blowing Toronto away with a trade offer on a S&T for Bosh and forcing Bosh to choose between 5 yrs w/ Wade in Chicago or 6 yrs w/ LBJ in Cleveland.

Trying to match up the numbers that Windy set forth earlier tonight in a tweet: Without getting into specifics Cavs have non-guarantees worth $5.3M & can structure multiple trades to save Raps $5-7M more in 1st yr alone.

Calderon/Bosh for Varejao/West/Telfair/Parker/Hickson looks close to working dollar-wise and probably forces Chicago to make some choices it doesn't want to make necessarily.

Here's the thing: Will they ever learn?

Best thing for Bron's legacy (e.g. his "brand" ) is to re-sign for 6 years. Then the Cavs FO needs to just play out 2011 and give this core one last year with a healthy Jamo and letting them gel with a non-Hurr - Durr post season HC .

Then, they need to actualy draft, develop, and have some serious coin in 2012 from their OWN expiring contracts and other players' faith in Bron being there for 5 more years to remake the team and add them selves a young stud FA and complimentary players a damn site better than Parker and Moon.

Time to stop letting other teams have the recipe for a title and stop band aiding. And to fianlly do what DF couldn't do: stop the excuses and execute to add a second star.
Last edited by jb on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby CP » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:16 am

I get that, although I doubt Riley needs added pressure. I think Heat has same problem as Chi-town here w/ ownership, only worse. Wade's been begging for real help for years and has gotten nothing. Who's to say that Heat ownership will spend anything more once they get Wade/Bosh or Wade/LBJ/Bosh under contract? They'll have all the interest they need and the place will sellout nightly, along with insane merchandising and brand sales.

I think Bulls have similar issue. Will have great core but I can't see Reinsdorf doing much more than maxing out Rose (probably unhappily) in 2013. Could be a bunch of min. guys surrounding that team.

Nets might have been the real threat here if they had gotten the arena deal done sooner and had not hired a guy who most agree is not a coach LBJ would like.
CP

Unread postby CP » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:18 am

jb wrote:Here's the thing: Will they ever learn?

Best thing for Bron's legacy (e.g. his "brand" ) is to re-sign for 6 years. Then the Cavs FO needs to just play out 2011 and give this core one last year with a healthy Jamo and letting them gel with a non-Hurr - Durr post season HC .

Then, they need to actualy draft, develop, and have some serious coin in 2012 from their OWN expiring contracts and other players' faith in Bron being there for 5 more years to remake the team and add them selves a young stud FA.

Time to stop letting other teams have the recipe for a title and stop band aiding. And to fianlly do what DF couldn't do: stop the excuses and execute to add a second star.

Spot on, of course. Only way to start that process is for LBJ to sign for all 6 years. Wonder how it will play if he signs for 6 yrs with ETOs after years 4 and 5. Saw that mentioned, not sure if they can legally do that under the CBA (multiple ETOs) but it could undermine them long-term.
CP

Unread postby jb » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:27 am

4 years would be fine. If he gives a 4 commit and we can't get it done, on Cavs not him.
jb

Unread postby CP » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:21 pm

Pure melting coming from the Screamin' A Smith twitter feed about all his predictions...

http://twitter.com/stephenasmith
CP

Unread postby Cleveland Transplant » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:25 pm

God Stephan A is the worst. Absolute worst.

"Folks! Remember all of this is like a Soap Opera. I'm just trying to give ya'll a play-by-play as things unfold. I don't care about the end"

Of course he doesn't care about "the end". Because that would require good journalism, credibility, and not trying to be the first to report something/anything.
Cleveland Transplant

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:12 pm

CP wrote:@IraHeatBeat: Spoke with an agent who is very tuned in. He laughed off Wade departure concerns. "It's all a smokescreen," the reputable agent said.

Never, ever, ever forget that this is as much about Q Rating as it is about anything else. The NBA is a 'Look at Me' league. Moreso than maybe any other league. These guys enjoy the sweaty palms and breathlessness of owners and fans.

It's working too.

Look at these threads and boards and imagine it across the country.

90% of all of this crap is crap.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:14 pm

All I know is that if you are a reputable reporter (like Stein and CB) don't you dare let your sources report something that supposedly isn't true or CP will call you desperate up and down the street.

And Peeker, you were the person that threw powder on the Cavs cars this morning, weren't you?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby CP » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Print shit you pretty much know is agenda-laden BS and it is what it is.
CP

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:20 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:All I know is that if you are a reputable reporter (like Stein and CB) don't you dare let your sources report something that supposedly isn't true or CP will call you desperate up and down the street.

And Peeker, you were the person that threw powder on the Cavs cars this morning, weren't you?

Where and what I powder is my own business thank you.

And who has the kind of money to buy enough powder for Escalades and Hummers? This site and the times posts are marked are pretty much for my alibi for anything else.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:24 pm

As if you don't have an IPhone.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:28 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:As if you don't have an IPhone.

As if I know how to actually use it. ;-) ;) :wink:

I'm pretty sure I can kill people with it if I take the time to read the instructions and functions.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby CP » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:36 pm

@WhitlockJason

Wade might end up n Chi. anonymous source saying Fri he's leaning Chi is fucking stupid & made no sense 2 report. This ain't 1st FA period
33 minutes ago via Echofon

Speaking of melting on Twitter... not sure Jason Whitlock's employers will be all that thrilled with him dropping F-bmobs via Twitter.
CP

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:39 pm

No they are thrilled about it. Whitlock is the single biggest side show in the world. Never read, think or consider him. He redefines knowing how to be an attention whore.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby CP » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:59 pm

Didn't see this but from earlier Sportscenter tonight, Broussard gave this as Bosh's choice:

1) w/ LBJ in any city but Cleveland (big markets)
2) w/ Wade in any of the big cities with cap room
3) S&T to Houston

Assuming LBJ stays and Wade goes to CHI, makes for interesting choice to Bosh if Cavs put enough of an offer to Toronto for them to tell Bosh that he only gets a S&T to Cleveland. Looks like in either scenario, Raps are looking at a young 4 (Jordan Hill or Hickson) and expirings. I don't know if any of Houston's expirings are non-guaranteed like Delonte.

I assume the 6th guaranteed year might be enough to motivate him but that may be a concern if Bosh really doesn't want to come here.
CP

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:03 pm

Did you see the offer Houston allegedly dropped for Bosh in an S & T?

Unmatchable.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA