Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

It's Izzo?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: It's Izzo?

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:54 am

I hate having to be to work early. I don't think I have anything else to say, we disagree on approach. Time to let the beast play out...

Once that buzzer sounds for the end of the finals things should pick up. Only 7 days till the draft, let's see if any of those rumors Windy was talking about happen. No team will care about his street cred when they cut him saving over 4 million of their cap. Liked the correlation though... :thumb up:
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:22 pm

davemanddd wrote:what's funny is that miami has treated dwyane wade the exact opposite than how the cavs have coddled lebron as the heat have not gone out of their way one iota to do anything to persuade wade to stay there and have actually done a lot of things that probably pissed wade off and yet that's exactly where he's still going to stay simply because of their market.

talk about a double-standard.

Wade has a ring already
Miami has room to sign a top tier FA to play next to Wade
South Beach

compared to
No rings
No cap space, no trade assets
East 4th

In comparison, Wade's situation is ideal.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby papacass » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Looks like no one has to worry about Michael Malone anymore. Windy Tweeting that Malone is set to join Monty Williams' staff in NOLA.

I don't know who takes this job without a commitment from LeBron. And I don't know how you convince LeBron to come back to a team that doesn't have a coach.

Meditate on that riddle, grasshopper.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:41 pm

The Nets got Avery Johnson, I'm sure there's someone out there willing to take the job.

Granted, the list may be down to 63-121, Brian Shaw, Kelvin Sampson, and Dick Motta but someone will take it before long.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby OldDawg » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:38 pm

OldDawg wrote:
jonne99 wrote:What is the style of offense that the michigan state spartans use?

Izzo is known for running a billion set plays. They may run a different set every time down the floor. Although, many of the sets have similar action... if you defend a set a particular way, they run a similar, but different, set to counter how you defend it.

That was the adjustment at Kent State when Stan Heath (a Michigan State guy) came over and replaced Gary Waters. Gary ran some sets, but was primarily a motion offensive coach where players were to be aggressive in transition offense, and then make pass/cut/drive reads off reading each other and the defense. There was much more freedom in Waters' system. Heath's system choreographed most of their offensive movement. Initially players did not like it at all. However, as that year progressed, they bought in and found that the sets Heath had in put KSU's best players in position to do what they do best. It also allowed them to play a shallower bench, which allowed their studs to be on the floor longer.

MSU is consistently physical. They set back-breaking screens. They execute with precision. They are the best rebounding team in the country (or at least he is the best rebounding coach in the country -- often one of the top statistically in nation annually).

All that being said, I don't know how any of that translates to the NBA or this particular team.
Sorry to bring this back up, old news and all. But I thought I would follow this up. The number is 83!! I heard the other day from another Division I head coach that Mich State had 83 set plays last year. Now I am sure they didn't have all 83 on the play sheet for every game. They probably had a featured set of set-plays for each opponent. But..
83!!
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA