Text Size

No Holds Barred

Just Another Night on the Job

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Just Another Night on the Job

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:57 pm

Killers probably outdrew this pair of overaggressive, hard-ass cops.

Keep in mind this is just CNN and probably not the true story from more legitimate sources that will tell us how the cops were manhandling the chick and the dude just defended her honor.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/29/flo ... tml?hpt=T2

Officer Jeffrey Kocab was pronounced dead at a Tampa hospital after the incident about 2:15 a.m. Tuesday. Officer David Curtis was pronounced dead later, although police said he would remain on life support for a few hours, as his family had chosen to harvest his organs. Both officers were 31, according to the department.

Kocab's wife is due to give birth next week, while Curtis leaves behind his wife and four sons, ages 9, 6, 5 and 8 months.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafe ... 105674.ece
Hours after the deadly encounter, the wife of one of the slain officers went into labor with the couple's first child.

Sometimes you just pull over an oft-misunderstood young man like this:

The path of Dontae Rashawn Morris has crossed those of countless police officers, who have pulled him over for traffic violations and arrested him 17 times in the state of Florida on charges ranging from cocaine possession and sales to attempted murder.

Morris was first arrested at 16 on charges of disturbing the peace on a school campus. As a juvenile, he was also charged with vehicle theft, battery on a school employee, drug possession and the possession of a weapon at school.

Court files state that he completed school to the 11th grade. He was in a juvenile detention center in Oct. 2003 when a fight broke out. He and another juvenile were watching the fight when, for no apparent reason, Morris punched the juvenile, records show. He pleaded guilty to the battery and was sentenced to time served.

According to Steve Hegarty, spokesman for the Hillsborough County School district, Morris bounced around several different schools between time behind bars.

He began at King High School in 1999, but also spent time at Chamberlain, Armwood and the Richard Milburn Academy, a charter school that closed in 2006. Morris left the charter school about two months before it closed.

On Feb. 15, 2004, a Tampa Police Officer saw Morris getting out of an SUV that had been reported stolen three days prior, the arrest report says. As the officer approached Morris in a marked patrol car and ordered him to stop, Morris ran. The officer caught him five blocks away.

Morris said he gave a Puerto Rican $200 worth of crack cocaine for the car three days earlier. Once taken into custody, police said they found a small baggie with four white rocks in his possession.

In 2006, a jury acquitted him on charges of attempted first-degree murder, aggravated battery with a firearm, attempted robbery and possession of a short-barreled shotgun. Police said Morris tried to rob 50-year-old James Harvey Wright. When Wright said he didn't have any money, a man shot him in the left arm.

On Tuesday, Wright said he still bears the physical and mental scars of that night. He now has three video cameras keeping watch at his home, he said.

"I wanted to see that guy behind bars five years ago," he said. "I'm lucky to be alive."

On March 18, 2008, Tampa Police were searching for an auto theft suspect when they observed a group of 10 men, including one that matched the description of the suspect.

When police approached him, Morris immediately fled through backyards, records show. He was caught after a brief foot chase and officers learned he had five outstanding warrants. He pleaded guilty to obstructing or opposing an officer without violence.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Just Another Night on the Job

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:50 pm

How did he get aquitted of all those charges? Was the guy he shot not able to ID him?

Fuckin shitty story, man. I hope they send the shooter to "Ride The Lightning" in 'ol Sparky.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Guy probably only gets a fair trial in Utah...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Orenthal wrote:Guy probably only gets a fair trial in Utah...

Might not need one if he ain't slow with his hands when they find him.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Clearly a failuire of charter schools. This is what happens when you needlessly siphon money from public education.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Guy had multiple vop's. I thought that was a pretty cut and dry offense that would require extended jail time, no? Senseless tragedy.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:39 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Guy probably only gets a fair trial in Utah...

Might not need one if he ain't slow with his hands when they find him.

He is still on the run? Skimmed through and missed that. 100% guy never sees a trial...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Prayers go out to the shooter in the hopes his rights aren't violated either while they're looking for him or when they find him.

And if he doesn't get a 17th second chance it'll be another travesty of justice.

Jesus, they better not tase that human being if and when they catch up to him.

Still, I wonder what those cops did to justify him protecting himself to that extent.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:49 pm

Doesn't that guy that went hunting for Bin Laden need something to do?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:07 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/01/flo ... l?on.cnn=1

A man suspected of fatally shooting two Tampa, Florida, police officers is a suspect in another homicide and is sought for questioning in two others, Police Chief Jane Castor said Thursday.

All the homicides have taken place since Dontae Morris was released from prison in April, Castor told reporters.

"We just want to make the public aware of who we're dealing with here in Dontae Morris," she said. "... he's a cold-blooded killer."

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:57 am

jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:03 am

They got him j. Now you can get excited about his rights potentially being violated and the fairness of the trial. Was there a dashcam??

OMG- There was.

If there wasn't you'd be doubting the validity of how it all went down. Now that there is you'll say, "How convenient they had one in this case."

They buried the poor bastards who answered the call this weekend too. I know that doesn't concern you but I figured I'd throw it out there. Quite a scene apparently.

Missed ya in this thread bud.

And not sure I understand your only post in it from 3am. Prolly because you're way too smart for most of us or the shitty weed you bought kicked in and you're not sure either. Or maybe your tin foil hat didn't have the reflective side to the sun yesterday and that baked your noggin. Shit, maybe you like choking animals. One possibility is as valid as the next really. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:14 am

That's his version of a "Sex Kitten"
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:49 am

peeker643 wrote:They got him j. Now you can get excited about his rights potentially being violated and the fairness of the trial. Was there a dashcam??

OMG- There was.

If there wasn't you'd be doubting the validity of how it all went down. Now that there is you'll say, "How convenient they had one in this case."

They buried the poor bastards who answered the call this weekend too. I know that doesn't concern you but I figured I'd throw it out there. Quite a scene apparently.

And not sure I understand your only post in it from 3am. Prolly because you're way too smart for most of us or the shitty weed you bought kicked in and you're not sure either. Or maybe your tin foil hat didn't have the reflective side to the sun yesterday and that baked your noggin. Shit, maybe you like choking animals. One possibility is as valid as the next really. ;-) ;) :wink:

Honestly, McPeek, I don't give a shit. I wish you'd quit obsessing over me though, as it's becoming pathetic.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:26 am

jfiling wrote:Honestly, McPeek, I don't give a shit. I wish you'd quit obsessing over me though, as it's becoming pathetic.

I mentioned you after you posted fukstik.

Not once before.

The thread is about the killing of a couple officers in cold blood. You wanna weigh in then weigh the fuck in. You wanna post your feline auto-erotic asphyxiation photos do it on that site where you go for that.

Jesus, you're a paranoid/vain MFer. Want me to play some Carly Simon for ya?

Hey- You're not sitting on a large supply of 'fireworks' requiring fertilizer and det cord are ya j ?

FTP Forever bro.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:29 pm

It's not You're So Vain without Mick doing the background, just isn't.

But thanks dick, I've been saving that to use on somebody else.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:48 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jfiling wrote:Honestly, McPeek, I don't give a shit. I wish you'd quit obsessing over me though, as it's becoming pathetic.

I mentioned you after you posted fukstik.

Whatever, McPeek. You gave it away here:

My real take is these were two young officers taken down by a career criminal who deserves at best life imprisonment.

EDIT: I can't be responsible if you've never heard of Longcat. Not really sure how you thought that had anything to do with choking a cat.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:29 pm

jfiling wrote:Whatever, McPeek. You gave it away here:

My real take is these were two young officers taken down by a career criminal who deserves at best life imprisonment.

Missed ya as in didn't see ya in the thread j. Not in the sentimental way. Woulda been interesting to see if one officer died and the other tased the shooter where this would have gone and how quickly you woulda shown up. ;-) ;) :wink: :hide:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Return to No Holds Barred