Text Size

No Holds Barred

Calling JFil - we agree on a taser case

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Calling JFil - we agree on a taser case

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:43 pm

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/a ... 60261.html

Fired, Sued, beaten in the streets by JFil with a sack of doorknobs. Don't care what happens to the asshole who did it or anyone in the room that could have stopped it.

The tactical situation was daunting; at this point, the police had only a 10-1 advantage over a subject who — according to Duran’s official report — had taken an “aggressive posture” in her hospital bed. The sacred imperative of “officer safety” dictated that the subject be thoroughly softened up in order to minimize resistance.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Calling JFil - we agree on a taser case

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:16 pm

Christ, that's terrible. Seriously. Do you think it really went down like that?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:34 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:Christ, that's terrible. Seriously. Do you think it really went down like that?

Looks like a civil suit (which often read way better than most fiction writers). But if it's in any way true those humps need to face criminal charges.

Alleges they stepped on her oxygen line as well?

Again, careful of reading only the plaintiffs allegations in a civil suit. Just as careful as you might be listening to some hillbilly, redneck sheriff give just his side.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Hey what about this hump? Personally, I hope they castrate him in the street with a rusty AIDS infected knife. Or something like that.....

"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jfiling » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:25 am

peeker643 wrote:
Motherscratcher wrote:Christ, that's terrible. Seriously. Do you think it really went down like that?

Looks like a civil suit (which often read way better than most fiction writers). But if it's in any way true those humps need to face criminal charges.

Alleges they stepped on her oxygen line as well?

Again, careful of reading only the plaintiffs allegations in a civil suit. Just as careful as you might be listening to some hillbilly, redneck sheriff give just his side.

More info from the police report (link is here: http://carlosmiller.com/wp-content/uplo ... Varner.pdf )

If she indeed pulled a knife on the arriving officer, he got served a shit sandwich the moment he arrived. From his report, she was out of her mind and there wasn't any way for the EMTs to treat her until she was disarmed. Unlike most of the taser cases I've bitched about, it seems like in this case it really was the last resort to resolve this situation.

Plus, the LewRockwell.com writer is vehemently anti-cop (quit laughing) and has some of the basic facts wrong in his story (she wasn't in a hospital bed, it was a bed in her living room; plus he neglects the issue of the knife).
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby General » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:34 am

Maybe she didn't have a good healthcare plan.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:46 am

So, 10 posts later we come to the same 'ol usual conclusion....

Flip the switch and taze the bitch cuz she had it commin' like all the rest

Rack it up as just another bad day for cop haters.
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby dem425 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:35 pm

by Ziner » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:43 pm
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/a ... 60261.html

Fired, Sued, beaten in the streets by JFil with a sack of doorknobs. Don't care what happens to the asshole who did it or anyone in the room that could have stopped it.

+1..............Unfortunately, the obvious bias of the "Blogger" tends to overshadow what may really have been gross negligence/criminal behavior on behalf of the police.

HEY CDT:

If that video is the incident in it's entirety, castration is a light sentence. Let the girl's daddy have a few minutes of me time with that POS.
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Triv is talking about this now. He and his staff come down the same way I do: situation sucks, but what the hell else could the officer do? Like I said, the officer was served a shit sandwich as soon as he arrived at the call.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:53 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Hey what about this hump? Personally, I hope they castrate him in the street with a rusty AIDS infected knife. Or something like that.....

Just saw today that after two hung jury trials prosecutors are dropping the charges against this officer.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/423123_schene10.html
"This is the end of the case," said Schene's attorney, Peter Offenbecher, on Friday. "We are gratified that the Prosecutor's Office has made a sound decision...We think it was the right decision to make."

Schene, Offenbecher said, is happy about not facing a third trial. But he said his client, who was fired as a deputy as a result of the incident, and his family have suffered the emotional strain of going through two trials.

"Frankly, I'm not sure he's even interested in being a police officer anymore."

Definitely more important to focus on the emotional cost of these trials on this officer and his family, instead of the pain he inflicted kicking the shit out of a 15-year-old girl. It's a shame he's lost his love for the job, though.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby dem425 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:47 pm

Definitely more important to focus on the emotional cost of these trials on this officer and his family, instead of the pain he inflicted kicking the shit out of a 15-year-old girl. It's a shame he's lost his love for the job, though.

The good news is hopefully he will never wear a law enforcement uniform again. I am certain the punitive damages the girl will be awarded in the forthcoming civil suit will help to alleve some of that inflicted pain.

However, I have a funny feeling that the ass-kicking she received was neither her first nor her last........

Weird though............Hung jury 11-1 guilty on the first trial and hung jury 11-1 not guilty on the second. Why the 180?
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:09 pm

dem425 wrote:

The good news is hopefully he will never wear a law enforcement uniform again. I am certain the punitive damages the girl will be awarded in the forthcoming civil suit will help to alleve some of that inflicted pain.

However, I have a funny feeling that the ass-kicking she received was neither her first nor her last........

Weird though............Hung jury 11-1 guilty on the first trial and hung jury 11-1 not guilty on the second. Why the 180?

Agreed on the first paragraph, you're probably right on the second, and totally agree on the third. I found the jury results the strangest aspect of the case, and wonder if the defense had a better strategy the second trial, or the prosecutor threw the case the second time, or what happened.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Return to No Holds Barred