Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Chef Jam '10

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Chef Jam '10

Unread postby waborat » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Anyone else thinking about going to this?

http://rockhall.com/event/chef-jam-2010 ... and-food-/

Seems like a heck of a deal...

$50 per ticket gets you into the R'nRHOF, Todd Rundgren concert, Food samples from 26 top local restaurants, Open Bar...

Greenhouse Tavern, Momocho, Bar Symon, Blue Canyon, Crop, Sushi Rock, Dantes and many more are all selecting a rock band/individual to use as atheme for their food selections...The menu looks awesome on the link...

For selfish reasons, I love seeing that Symon selected Van Halen and is making Cabo Wabo ice cream sandwiches...killer!

Also, sponsored by Maker's Mark, where the chef's will be using the bourbon in their dishes as well :thumb up:
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Chef Jam '10

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Wabo did you go to this? I saw a couple news reports on it but they never went into detail on any one dish.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby waborat » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Went to it and I'd do it again...

It was set up inside the RnRHOF, with all the restaurant tables and bars in the basement or on the 3rd floor...Main floor was one bar, sponsor tables and the stage setup...The entire HOF was open to walk around...

The food was incredible to say the least and you could eat as much of it as you wanted...I hit 23 of the 26 tables and my stomach ached from all of it and the 7-8 bottles of Sam Adams they served...Oh yeah, they had half-a-dozen different types of Adams plus wine & liquor (unfortunately, you had to pay for the liquor, but not the beer & wine)...

It was sold out, so it did get kinda crowded around certain places...You had to try and be smarter than the herd and move to areas before they did...

Todd Rundgren came on around 9:00 and jammed the place with some cool covers and original stuff...

My personal faves for chow were:

-Greenhouse Tavern's grilled short ribs, the au jus was amazing
-Melange's wings, these had some kind of Thai sauce on them and were some of the best I've ever eaten
-Blue Point Grille's Oysters Vindaloo, you could tell a lot of peeps didn't care for raw oysters due to the short line
-Grovewood Tavern's wild boar hot dogs, had a great combination of spicy mustard and raspberry creme fraiche

Best desserts went to Bistro on Lincoln Park's black peppercorn ice cream w/ balsamic reduction & Caruso's after midnight coffee shakes

Well worth the $50, hoping they do it again next year
waborat

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:15 am

Thanks for the update. I wanted to go but the wife isn't as adventurous food wise as I am and we found out that she has #2 in the oven she couldn't take advantage of the free beer. I'm sure she wouldn't want to spend $50 to watch me eat and drink like it was my death row meal. Hopefully this becomes a yearly event, I'd definitley make my way down there next year, might have to drag my bro in law down.

Was wondering what Rudgren would perform. Did he do his "hits" or throw out obscure tunes that the general public wouldn't know? Any New Cars material? ::doh::
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby waborat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:44 pm

No New Cars material...

He just played with Cream Of The Crop which is Crop restaurant's in-house band...Pretty much a bunch of jam tunes (kinda like Moe) which were cool...No "Hello It's Me" hit stuff...They did play Love Is The Answer from Utopia...They also did some Doobie Bros covers

Congrat's on #2!!!
waborat

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry