Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

NBA Finals

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

NBA Finals

Unread postby Cease » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Lakers v Celtics. Just before tip and I'm callin' Celtics. I think Bynum and Gasol will melt down to size and be lesser factors against the physical Celts. Kobe has great games, but Celts pull it out with confidence. Yeah, I think it's Bynam and Gasol who have to show up for Lakers to win it.

Please note, I'm a bad forecaster of series.

Have at it.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Re: NBA Finals

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:03 pm

Celtics will murder them, but what do I know?
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:44 pm

I watched Dazed and Confused instead.

That's L i v i n not watching my championchip parade ruined, so I'm not the fan Eyesore is.

0 % er once the Cavs die.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby dmiles » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:57 am

jb wrote:I watched Dazed and Confused instead.

That's L i v i n not watching my championchip parade ruined, so I'm not the fan Eyesore is.

Yep, I appreciate getting takes from guys who watch a bunch of games because once the Cavs went I find myself not that interested. My majors team qualified for all the post-season stuff so we have games Sat/Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri. Other than Sat, that cuts into my watching finals games, so at least I don't feel like I am avoiding but damn flipping it on will be tough.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:27 am

Yeah. LA vs Boston? Who gives a shit. No Cavs, fuck it.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:28 am

jb wrote:I watched Dazed and Confused instead.That's L i v i n not watching my championchip parade ruined, so I'm not the fan Eyesore is.

What channel was that on? Missed that one. Need my fix of Wooderson and Randall "Pink" Floyd. Party at the Moon Tower.

What I watched of game 1, the C's looked flat. They got out hustled and out muscled. Never would have thought that the C's would get pushed around like they were. KG drank form the fountain of youth against the Cavs (+ bad defensive matchup) but he looked slow against Disney and even slower last night. Pau is trying to make up for being embarrassed in '08. Boston doesn't steal game 2 than I don't see them hanging another banner.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:20 am

Here was a game synopsis:

Laker shot, miss, rebound, basket by Lakers, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, foul, free throw, free throw, Lakers shot, miss rebound, basket by Lakers, foul, foul, foul,

Some of those guys sat more last night then they have the entire playoffs. Very closely called game.

ZenMaster has never lost a series after his team has won game one, unreal stat.
If Gasol and Bynum play like they did last night, it's over for Boston, quickly.
Artest should also get some props for locking up Pierce.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:28 am

On another board I frequent, some Celtic fan was trying to hype this game up because of "the rivalry" between the two teams, and how historic it is and all this garbage.

and then, I turn on sportscenter a few days ago to find pretty much people on both sides not even giving a shit about the rivalry. :lmfao:

Yeah, I gurantee if you went into the locker room in late november, you would not hear the same thing from TOSU or meatchicken.

Nope sorry, Larry Bird is not suiting up for the Celtics, 'nor Magic for the Lakers, we're stuck with a Deathstar full of dicks on each side, be it from the fans (lake show fans are unbearable, and the chowds are assholes), or to the players,do I even need to say why I don't want to see someone like Kevin Garnett get a ring?

If you want a real rivalry, wait 'till football season starts and it starts getting into october and november, not this trash.

not even going to watch one second of this series.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby papacass » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:42 am

I'm surprised how easy it is to tune this stuff out. I haven't watched one second of basketball since the Cavs were eliminated. I haven't touched much baseball, either. I've visited the national sports sites only a handful of times, and only to check on a specific story.

I have read very little about the LBJ free agency soap opera in recent weeks. I keep my thumb on the big-picture pulse, but in terms of keeping track of what every talking head is saying about it, I'm not. I'll pay attention to what LBJ himself says, but the dudes on TNT and ESPN? Couldn't care less if I tried.

This is the first time since early elementary school that I'm not really paying much attention to sports. It's kind of a weird feeling. There is not a ton out there that interests me right now, and I'm not really all that hyped about the future of any of the three teams in this town. Maybe the Browns will change that, but not yet.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Cease » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:04 pm

Shuttlesworth is in the building. 6-6 from 3 in first half.
Cease

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:30 pm

Shuttleworth 7-8. Unfuckingbelievable. And THAT is the one of the big 3 on the trade block.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:40 pm

Two years ago when the Celts beat us in seven and Ray Allen no-showed the entire series, I thought he was done. Celts had the same thoughts this year at the deadline when they almost dumped him. He's still as pure as ever, as much as it pains me to say that.

Big finish to the 1H for LA though. They needed that. That baseline reverse by Gasol was filthy.

Lets go LA. Lesser of two evils.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:01 pm

3 of the 4 foul calls on Kobe - horrible calls. Refs are callin a lot of ticky tack tonight. Let these guys play, Jesus. Both teams exerting so much effort, skill level in this series so high. Let em go for Christs sake.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cease » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:31 pm

swerb wrote:3 of the 4 foul calls on Kobe - horrible calls. Refs are callin a lot of ticky tack tonight. Let these guys play, Jesus. Both teams exerting so much effort, skill level in this series so high. Let em go for Christs sake.

GIVEN THE SOURCE, but I found Tim Donaghy's analysis of Game 1 officiating kind of interesting. http://deadspin.com/5555622/watching-the-watchmen-tim-donaghy-breaks-down-the-officiating-in-game-1?skyline=true&s=i

Overarching theme was that the refs are officiating the score more than the game. Yes, it's what I can see already- but getting an ex-ref's take is interesting (even if he's Tim Donaghy). The score from Game 1 would presumably be even more lop-sided if the refs weren't keeping C's in the game.
Cease

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:53 pm

Rondo takes over. Just like in the recurring nightmares I've had these past few weeks.

Refs also apparently determined to make this a seven game series.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Is it just me, or is Doc Rivers' hair spray painted on his head?? You can even see the tape lines!

"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Glenn Davis is made of douche, saw his ugly ass mug on espn.

am thankful I've not watched a second of this series, it was like trying to force yourself to watch the 08 AFC CG.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Thought last night's game was shaping up to be Kobe's latest coronation after back to back to back threes in the third. Big Baby and Nate Robinson prove to be the difference in the fourth quarter and now the series is tied at two. Even if you don't like the two teams, the physical toll it's taking on them should please most. It looked like LA was a lock to win this series but if Bynum can't go more minutes, this could go down as Anything is Possible, part deux.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby pup » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:06 am

fundamentals wrote:Thought last night's game was shaping up to be Kobe's latest coronation after back to back to back threes in the third. Big Baby and Nate Robinson prove to be the difference in the fourth quarter and now the series is tied at two. Even if you don't like the two teams, the physical toll it's taking on them should please most. It looked like LA was a lock to win this series but if Bynum can't go more minutes, this could go down as Anything is Possible, part deux.

No way. Kobe is the best player in the league. Unless he can't beat Boston single handily. Or, even without Bynum, about 5 players who are playing better than any other Cav did against them.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Cease » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:58 am

The Kobe pout was in full effect with every error made by his supporting cast. I was kind of surprised he let us see him sweat. He should be steadier than that, IMO.
Cease

Unread postby Spin » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Apparently Kobe can't beat Boston by himself either... :pop:
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:12 pm

eh, I had Boston in six on another site. The way they are playing as a unit... Speaks for itself.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Cease » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:22 pm

Well, here it is- Finals Game 7 w/ no Cavs. On the bright side, we Clevelanders didn't have to sweat through another month of gut-wrenching hoops hypertension.

If you can stomach watching, this might be a classic.
Cease

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Can't time stamp it here, but I was calling a Boston win...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:56 pm

Orenthal wrote:Can't time stamp it here, but I was calling a Boston win...

You're safer not having time stamped it.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:33 am

Kardashian sisters on quite the roll.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:08 am

Tell me how my mutha fuckin' ass tastes

Ouch.

Mannix twitter

Kobe Bryant on what this title means to him: "It means I have one more than Shaq."
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:59 am

I don't know about anyone else, but I just watched two teams the Cavaliers could have handled had their superstar not white-flagged it two rounds ago.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby dmiles » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:18 am

You know there is some hatred for Andy on these boards but.... Does anyone else besides me just hate watching Pau Gasol play? Fuck me I can't stand it. The way he flails excessively after any contact just smacks of a guy who grew up playing "another sport".

Don't get me wrong KG turns my stomach for different reasons, but I just can't stand watching this guy, and to see him playing in game 7 of the NBA finals makes me thing the game is passing me by. I admit to not watching every one of these games mostly because I have baseball with the kids to tend to and tonight I got back in the 3rd quarter.

I saw him abuse Z one night at the Gund (before moving TMLP came aboard) and I remember being both marveled by his youthful skill and pissed at the same time. Compared to the typical big man he seemed to on his pivot moves...while maintaining the dribble legally....take 3-4 steps to get himself in position. I remember wondering if the guy was traveling but I am guessing if you are maintaining a dribble you can do whatever the hell you want to with the feet. I don't see that quite as much on TV these days but it basically looked like he traveled back in the day.

How does he match up in the late 80's early 90's NBA? Does a Laimbeer type guy match up better than one-legged KG?
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA