Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Ferry Quits

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Ferry Quits

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:27 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-ferrycavaliers060410

Cleveland Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry is close to parting ways with the franchise less than two weeks after the dismissal of coach Mike Brown, triggering a dramatic reshaping of the team’s brain trust as it desperately tries to retain LeBron James(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Granted it's sources saying this and Asst GM Grant would take over but where does this leave the Cavs?
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Ferry looking to walk?

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Bout time.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Cleveland Transplant » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:55 pm

PDcavsinsider

This was a late development. As of a few days ago Ferry was still intending to re-sign if a contract could be worked out.
8 minutes ago via web
Reply Retweet

PDcavsinsider
The decision to part ways was mutual
9 minutes ago via web

PDcavsinsider
Assistant GM Chris Grant will replace Ferry, whose contract was set to expire at the end of June.
9 minutes ago via web

PDcavsinsider
Danny Ferry tells the Plain Dealer he has resigned as general manager of the Cavs.
10 minutes ago via web
Cleveland Transplant

Unread postby BruceK » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:55 pm

BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Wow. I'm actually not real happy with that.

I've got nothing though on what it means regarding the future...

Calipari?
Last edited by JCoz on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby dpdad » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:58 pm

...where does this leave the Cavs?

Better off, IMO. Ferry is replaceable. Just in the past year, my issues with Ferry are; making the Shaq deal one year too late, and putting too high a value on JJ Hickson, quashing any chance of getting Stoudamire from the Suns.

And yes, even though it isn't his fault that he wasn't an all-star player, I'm still pissed about the Cavs trading Ron Harper and TWO number one picks for him back in '89.
dpdad

Unread postby Spin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:01 pm

It just came out, Danny Ferry stepped down.

http://www.espncleveland.com/
http://www.cleveland.com/
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Cease » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:03 pm

I liked Ferry as a GM. Maybe could have done better this last year enforcing an identity instead of reacting to perceived playoff match-up needs- but that's a philosophy decision on his part.

Ferry's dad was a GM for about 30? years- maybe Danny walks away from the role entirely. Would be surprised if he took GM gig anywhere other than San Antonio (if he's still loyal to them).

Where does this leave Cavs? Could they be twisting in the wind any more right now? Dan Gilbert's gonna have to pull off one heck of a organizational reconstruction.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Now Lebron can pick the GM and Coach so we have that going for us.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:19 pm

Ziner wrote:Now Lebron can pick the GM and Coach so we have that going for us.

Well not really. The Assistant GM is replacing him.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Ziner wrote:Now Lebron can pick the GM and Coach so we have that going for us.

Well not really. The Assistant GM is replacing him.

I took that as him replacing him for the time being, I would have to imagine they will be interviewing candidates for the GM job. You don't just hand this job to Chris Grant, especially if LeBron resigns.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:25 pm

dpdad wrote:
...where does this leave the Cavs?

Better off, IMO. Ferry is replaceable. Just in the past year, my issues with Ferry are; making the Shaq deal one year too late, and putting too high a value on JJ Hickson, quashing any chance of getting Stoudamire from the Suns.

And yes, even though it isn't his fault that he wasn't an all-star player, I'm still pissed about the Cavs trading Ron Harper and TWO number one picks for him back in '89.

I've read multiple times that this isn't the case. It was the Suns. That's what I thought anyway.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Ferry Quits

Unread postby Spin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:27 pm

The interview questionaire for potential GM's.

Question #1 "Define POINT GUARD"

Question #2 "Name the top ten point guards in the league, their contract status, and what the team they are on needs."

Question #3 "List the top five point guard free agents, in order."
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Doesn't sound like, at this moment, Grant is an interim GM. Haven't heard that term once yet.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Doesn't sound like, at this moment, Grant is an interim GM. Haven't heard that term once yet.

I read it already, think it was in the Yahoo article.

Assistant GM Chris Grant is taking over for Ferry. Grant had previously turned down the Atlanta Hawks’ GM job two years ago to continue working under Ferry.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-ferrycavaliers060410
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:58 pm

JCoz wrote:Wow. I'm actually not real happy with that.

Calipari?

I'm probbaly overthinking this, but here's what I think this could mean.

Option One: Very good behind the scenes progress has been made in terms of Bron taking a lude and staying. Butt ths comes with even more power and control, including his own hand picked FO team and/or coach. Dan says to himself "freak this" not unlike Dwight Clark's reaction to Butch Davis grabbing personnel power and since life is too short, he hits the road of his own valition.

Option Two: Gilbert thinks Bron is gonzo and the long-rumored back room deal with Larry Brown coming into a part ownership + GM situation is going down now. I can't see ron and Brown co-existing. Brown actually thinks playesr should play and coaches should coach. That ain't workin' with LRMR.

What I don't think happens is bumping along status quo (duh).

If this is option II, I am intrigued if this means there will be a blow up and re-load situation or an impatient Gilbert will try to keep a post-Bron , low seed , meaningless playoff appearences Zombie Cavs stumbling along.

As much as Bron is getting on my nerves as a fan, I'm still pulling for Option One.

I wonder if Ferry was just being kept around to try to lure Coach K and yesterday's affirmation for Duke by Coach K results in this?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:Doesn't sound like, at this moment, Grant is an interim GM. Haven't heard that term once yet.

Placeholder. The title is "interim". Gilly ain't going small time unknowns AFAIC this time around. Been there, done that, let down.

I expect a big name. Needs one to jump start the post Bron Era.
jb

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:01 pm

Listening to Rizzo and Reghi who agreed that based on the statement made by Ferry, it sounded like Gilbert wants to make a coaching move that Ferry disagreed with. At this point, its all speculation but wanted to pass it along.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:03 pm

jack_tors wrote:Listening to Rizzo and Reghi who agreed that based on the statement made by Ferry, it sounded like Gilbert wants to make a coaching move that Ferry disagreed with. At this point, its all speculation but wanted to pass it along.

Cal?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:05 pm

jack_tors wrote:Listening to Rizzo and Reghi who agreed that based on the statement made by Ferry, it sounded like Gilbert wants to make a coaching move that Ferry disagreed with. At this point, its all speculation but wanted to pass it along.

Isn't that the real obvious take though? Thats what I mean with Calipari. Everyone was saying if Calipari is hired then Ferry wont be the one who hires him....

Not saying that is correct, just that Rizzo and whoever are just spitballing with the rumormill material IMO.....
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:06 pm

jb wrote:

Calipari?

Option One: Very good behind the scenes progress has been made in terms of Bron taking a lude and staying. Butt ths comes with even more power and control, including his own hand picked FO team and/or coach. Dan says to himself "freak this" not unlike Dwight Clark's reaction to Butch Davis grabbing personnel power and since life is too short, he hits the road of his own valition.

Option Two: Gilbert thinks Bron is gonzo and the long-rumored back room deal with Larry Brown coming into a part ownership + GM situation is going down now. I can't see ron and Brown co-existing. Brown actually thinks playesr should play and coaches should coach. That ain't workin' with LRMR.

If this is option II, I am intrigued if this means there will be a blow up and re-load situation or an impatient Gilbert will try to keep a post-Bron , low seed , meaningless playoff appearences Zombie Cavs stumbling along.

As much as Bron is getting on my nerves as a fan, I'm still pulling for Option One.

I wonder if Ferry was just being kept around to try to lure Coach K and yesterday's affirmation for Duke by Coach K results in this?

Option 2 is pretty damn interesting....
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:10 pm

JCoz wrote:
jb wrote:

Calipari?

Option 2 is pretty damn interesting....

My biggest irratiojnal fear is that Gilbert backed up the Brinks truck to..... Tom Izzo. :gah:
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:12 pm

Where are you getting that idea JB? Are you spit balling or has Izzo been mentioned lately?
JCoz

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:20 pm

This shit is getting very interesting, suddenly.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:28 pm

My biggest irratiojnal fear is that Gilbert backed up the Brinks truck to..... Tom Izzo.

Izzo's a better coach than Calipari. Izzo can coach, all Calipari can do is recruit. Couldn't even make it to the Final 4 with 4 lottery picks while I can't even remember the last lottery pick that came from Michigan State (Z. Randolph maybe? J-Rich?).
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Crash Davis » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Like in the case of the Mike Brown firing maybe this is more about LeBron than anything else. ESPN's Bill Simmons tweeted a little while ago: "Prediction for next few days: we'll learn that LeBron's camp was much more disenchanted with Ferry than anyone realized."

http://twitter.com/sportsguy33/statuses/15435176605
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
Crash Davis

Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Unread postby daddywags » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:54 pm

Random thoughts:

- I think this means that Gilbert is allowing LeBron to have more sway than Ferry would like and that Gilbert would hire LBJ's chosen coach if that's what it takes to keep him. Ferry would never go for that. Chris Grant, OTOH, doesn't have as much choice - he needs "GM" on his resume so he goes along with whatever Gilbert wants.

- I still hate the Larry Brown idea and don't understand why people want him here. The guy has been in the NBA for a million years and has one championship - and a whole lot of pissed off players - to show for it.

- If Tom Izzo coached anywhere other than Michigan State he wouldn't even be considered. But, just as sure as LeBron is a Yankee fan Dan Gilbert is an "everything Michigan" fan.

- The odds on Calipari being in the coach's chair come October sure went up today.
daddywags

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:59 pm

daddywags wrote:
- I still hate the Larry Brown idea and don't understand why people want him here. The guy has been in the NBA for a million years and has one championship - and a whole lot of pissed off players - to show for it.

List the living, actibe coaches who have won NBA titles:

- Jackson
- Popovich
- Doc

and........?

now list those that might actually come here sans LBJ based on persistent rumors besides Brown.

(crickets' chirp)

That's why, my man.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:01 pm

JCoz wrote:Where are you getting that idea JB? Are you spit balling or has Izzo been mentioned lately?

Nada but TMLP's MSU affiliation and a perception he might want a guy whose made champions from overachievers, like the 2004 Piston team he'd love to emulate.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Darrell Ruiter is reporting that the "interim" has been removed.

Is this an indicate that cost cutting may be coming with a Dolan model if Bron leaves?
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:11 pm

jb wrote:Darrell Ruiter is reporting that the "interim" has been removed.

Is this an indicate that cost cutting may be coming with a Dolan model if Bron leaves?

That's not the option Gilbert prefers, I'll tell ya that. It smells to me like a player and a coach are going to have much more personnel power with a malleable GM and that Gilbert would rather sell to that devil than lose $100million of value from his franchise.

Gilbert is a different breed. He's smart and he's willing to make money even if it means selling a piece of his soul to do it. He's not going this route to clear the decks IMO.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:12 pm

jb wrote:Darrell Ruiter is reporting that the "interim" has been removed.

STFU with that shit right now JB, lol.

Jeez is that about the most depressing thought you can surmise from this development? :pb:

I'd bet it is. That is the opposite of a silver lining....

Is there already a snappy term coined for that?
JCoz

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Source: Chris Grant is Cavs GM in title only. Gilbert trying to clear way for big name to be prez of basketball operations & coach. #cavs

per amico's twitter.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby daddywags » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:32 pm

jb wrote:
daddywags wrote:

List the living, actibe coaches who have won NBA titles:

- Jackson
- Popovich
- Doc

and........?

now list those that might actually come here sans LBJ based on persistent rumors besides Brown.

(crickets' chirp)

That's why, my man.

Well, if that's the sole criteria then he's the only possible choice (Phil Jackson has won, what, something like 10 of the last 18 NBA titles; so that tends to shorten the list quite a bit I suppose). So, if that's where you're coming from I understand completely. (I don't agree, but I understand.)
daddywags

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:33 pm

Triple-S wrote:
Source: Chris Grant is Cavs GM in title only. Gilbert trying to clear way for big name to be prez of basketball operations & coach. #cavs

per amico's twitter.

Can someone explain to me what the #cavs means?
JCoz

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:50 pm

JCoz wrote:
Triple-S wrote:

per amico's twitter.

Twitter designation that flags the post as related and lists it under a Cavs-specific title.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:52 pm

JCoz wrote:
Triple-S wrote:

per amico's twitter.

Refers to the Mel Turpin Era. :dingle:
jb

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:55 pm

I'm kinda on the fence. On one hand, he didn't deliver the sausage. On the other hand, when the organizational philosophy from on high is 'make the potential $100 million drop in franchise value happy,' then he's kinda stuck between a rock and the unemployment line.

As for talk of Wanderin' Larry, I refer back to Windy's Q&A from last Sunday where the question was answered in one line: 'Larry Brown is currently under contract to the Charlotte Bobcats.' There's no there there.

There was no mention of Tom Izzo, however.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:There's no there there.

Sorry man, but I didn't get this...what do you mean? No possibilities?
JCoz

Unread postby Yinzer Hater » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:14 pm

Especially with the latest news in the past 48 hours down at UK with the Bledsoe controversy about his eligibility this sets up Calipari to duck and run once again. At the very least I think Gilbert will gauge his interest.
Definition,Yinzer : A person who lives in a trailer off government money,drinks iron city beer,has limited intelligence,follows the Steelers, and refuses to accept the fact that their team is actually piss yellow and not gold.
Yinzer Hater

Favorite Player: Shin-Soo Choo
Least Favorite Player: Worthlessberger

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:22 pm

Windy just hinted at a fairly strong likelihood of a deal going down before the draft... one that includes a starter... interesting. Said it would involve a lottery pick... Brand and number 2?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:22 pm

JB think some sort of combination of your option 1 & 2.

Remember the whole we've only got 3 years to win it before LeBron leaves crap, well we might be saying that exact same thing except with Larry Brown.

They can coexist, Larry knows talent, knows basketball. While he might be old school and not care if LeBron stays or goes and as you say believe in players playing/coaches coaching, but he isn't Alzheimer's old school. He would love to have a LeBron to coach.

LeBron will figure it out and realize he needs to concede some basketball mojo to somebody eventually, which will lead him to deal with this IMO. This is going to happen IMO, Larry Brown (in some capacity) and LeBron together in Cleveland.

The plus side of a Larry Brown signing if LeBron leaves is we have a nice foundation to start building the org post LBJ, even if he were to live upstairs.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Yinzer Hater » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Ziner wrote:Windy just hinted at a fairly strong likelihood of a deal going down before the draft... one that includes a starter... interesting. Said it would involve a lottery pick... Brand and number 2?

You may be on to something...Who would you want at #2 assuming Wall goes to the Wizards???

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... ith_brand/

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... -no-2-pick
Definition,Yinzer : A person who lives in a trailer off government money,drinks iron city beer,has limited intelligence,follows the Steelers, and refuses to accept the fact that their team is actually piss yellow and not gold.
Yinzer Hater

Unread postby OrangeElf » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:45 pm

FUDU wrote:JB think some sort of combination of your option 1 & 2.

Remember the whole we've only got 3 years to win it before LeBron leaves crap, well we might be saying that exact same thing except with Larry Brown.

They can coexist, Larry knows talent, knows basketball. While he might be old school and not care if LeBron stays or goes and as you say believe in players playing/coaches coaching, but he isn't Alzheimer's old school. He would love to have a LeBron to coach.

LeBron will figure it out and realize he needs to concede some basketball mojo to somebody eventually, which will lead him to deal with this IMO. This is going to happen IMO, Larry Brown (in some capacity) and LeBron together in Cleveland.

The plus side of a Larry Brown signing if LeBron leaves is we have a nice foundation to start building the org post LBJ, even if he were to live upstairs.

Larry Brown leaving Charlotte ain't happenin' Larry Brown loves Carolina and loves working for MJ. When he took the job he said it was his last job in college or pro.
"On the Brown and Orange bandwagon since 1972 and never gettin' off"
OrangeElf

Favorite Player: Gene Hickerson
Least Favorite Player: Any in Black~n~Gold

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:50 pm

Larry Brown leaving Charlotte ain't happenin' Larry Brown loves Carolina and loves working for MJ. When he took the job he said it was his last job in college or pro
Yes he enjoys Charlotte, loves MJ, but has hinted at never leaving a place before. Plus he had some interest in the Philly job due to his family. Bottom line is Larry Brown likes money like everybody else and also likes some control and is interested in a FO job with ownership possibilities, not to mention his long track record of picking up and leaving at a moments notice.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:53 pm

Reghi talking about a deal with Golden State... I hate having to listen to this ass clown
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Yinzer Hater wrote:
Ziner wrote:Windy just hinted at a fairly strong likelihood of a deal going down before the draft... one that includes a starter... interesting. Said it would involve a lottery pick... Brand and number 2?

You may be on to something...Who would you want at #2 assuming Wall goes to the Wizards???

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... ith_brand/

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... -no-2-pick

Evan Turner

ain't even that close.

Worst case you have a good player to build around if bron leaves, keep the buckeye homers happy, best case you may give LeBron a young player to build up.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:18 pm

1. Ferry wanted to keep Mike Brown. Enough to cause to not let him in on the selection of the next coach.

2. Ferry wasn't working. 5 years and never built a team that could get further than his first one. The best GM's involve their star, but don't use it as an excuse once things don't work, and I believe he back channeled all of the local comments about giving LBJ what he wanted in player acquisitions.

3. Derrick Favors over Evan Turner.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Yinzer Hater » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:19 pm

FUDU wrote:
Larry Brown leaving Charlotte ain't happenin' Larry Brown loves Carolina and loves working for MJ. When he took the job he said it was his last job in college or pro
Yes he enjoys Charlotte, loves MJ, but has hinted at never leaving a place before. Plus he had some interest in the Philly job due to his family. Bottom line is Larry Brown likes money like everybody else and also likes some control and is interested in a FO job with ownership possibilities, not to mention his long track record of picking up and leaving at a moments notice.

Larry Brown took his last coaching job when he took the Bobcats job. He was all set to retire and if not for the Bobcats being near his home and Carolina being close to his heart he wouldn't be coaching anywhere right now. Big pipe dream
Yinzer Hater

Unread postby Crash Davis » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:21 pm

pup wrote:1. Ferry wanted to keep Mike Brown. Enough to cause to not let him in on the selection of the next coach.

2. Ferry wasn't working. 5 years and never built a team that could get further than his first one. The best GM's involve their star, but don't use it as an excuse once things don't work, and I believe he back channeled all of the local comments about giving LBJ what he wanted in player acquisitions.

3. Derrick Favors over Evan Turner.

Favors hands down over Turner and Cousins
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
Crash Davis

Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA