Text Size

No Holds Barred

Where my 5 questions?

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby jb » Fri May 28, 2010 10:46 am

bitches.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri May 28, 2010 12:08 pm

Mine got one of the lowest responses totals so it's up to wabo this week.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby jb » Fri May 28, 2010 12:23 pm

Wabo get the F in the hizzy before 4:48. Things to do, peeps to see.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri May 28, 2010 12:58 pm

I got it if you fellas can wait till about 3:30 or so.

Eff it, let's do it right now.

1.) When you think of overrated movies, what's one title that always comes to mind?

Pulp Fiction

2.) If you could change the outcome of EITHER the 1986 or '87 AFC title games- not both- which one would you change?

1987. That was the best Browns team since the merger- and the Redskins were probably the worst team to rep the NFC in the SB during their 13-year winning streak. Cleveland would have had a great chance to win that game.

3.) Should the Browns retire #19?

Without question.

4.) So, what are your plans for this long weekend?

Hang out with my GF, drink, eat and get used to living in Strongsville.
5.) Blackhawks or Flyers- who do you like?

I'm rooting for Philadelphia. Love their uniforms, their history & their identity as a franchise- hard-nosed.
Last edited by hermanfontenot on Fri May 28, 2010 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby jb » Fri May 28, 2010 2:04 pm

Jesse - is this Official? I need to know if it is Official before I reply. ;-)
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri May 28, 2010 2:10 pm

jb wrote:Jesse - is this Official? I need to know if it is Official before I reply. ;-)


It's official unless,

a.) you can come up with 5 better questions

OR

b.) waborat gets off his duff and comes correct. ;-) ;) :wink:
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 28, 2010 2:22 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:I got it if you fellas can wait till about 3:30 or so.

Eff it, let's do it right now.

1.) When you think of overrated movies, what's one title that always comes to mind?

2.) If you could change the outcome of EITHER the 1986 or '87 AFC title games- not both- which one would you change?

3.) Should the Browns retire #19?

4.) So, what are your plans for this long weekend?

5.) Blackhawks or Flyers- who do you like?



1) Gladiator

2) Neither. They probably would've just gotten smashed by Washington or NY.

3) Yes.

4) Go put flags and wreaths at my dad's and uncle's graves.

5) Philly.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:
jb wrote:Jesse - is this Official? I need to know if it is Official before I reply. ;-)


It's official unless,

a.) you can come up with 5 better questions

OR

b.) waborat gets off his duff and comes correct. ;-) ;) :wink:


can we replace the hockey question with a question about the 500?

no disrespect intended towards the resident hockey fan on the board in adam.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6360
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 28, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm a hockey fan........
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby jb » Fri May 28, 2010 3:04 pm

I got it if you fellas can wait till about 3:30 or so.

Eff it, let's do it right now.

1.) When you think of overrated movies, what's one title that always comes to mind?

Forrest Gump

2.) If you could change the outcome of EITHER the 1986 or '87 AFC title games- not both- which one would you change?

Tough one.

We'd just beaten the Giants the year before and were better in 86, but the O was just humming by 87. I think we could have scored with the skins and held down Timmuh better then the Donks. 87.


3.) Should the Browns retire #19?

No.

4.) So, what are your plans for this long weekend?

Primitive camping with the fam on Saturday, picnic and some grillin/chillin on Sunday.

5.) Blackhawks or Flyers- who do you like?

Who cares. Freak hockey. I'm an American.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri May 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Triple-S wrote:can we replace the hockey question with a question about the 500?

no disrespect intended towards the resident hockey fan on the board in adam.


No, because hockey is actually a sport. Unlike driving. If driving is a sport, then I'm a world-class athlete.

1.) When you think of overrated movies, what's one title that always comes to mind?

The Pirates of the Caribbean series.

2.) If you could change the outcome of EITHER the 1986 or '87 AFC title games- not both- which one would you change?

I was a couple months old for '86. So neither one really matters to me.

3.) Should the Browns retire #19?

No. I think retired numbers should be reserved for Hall of Famers.

4.) So, what are your plans for this long weekend?

Cookout at my buddy Femur's house on Sunday. Packing/errands in advance of my Detroit/Windsor trip on Monday.

5.) Blackhawks or Flyers- who do you like?

Blackhawks. Too much talent, too much skill, home ice advantage, and they've played the better competition to this point in the playoffs.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri May 28, 2010 3:10 pm

skatingtripods wrote:No, because hockey is actually a sport. Unlike driving. If driving is a sport, then I'm a world-class athlete.


Pay no mind that these people are driving at like top speeds of 228 mph, and are actually risking their lives. ;).
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6360
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri May 28, 2010 3:14 pm

Triple-S wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:No, because hockey is actually a sport. Unlike driving. If driving is a sport, then I'm a world-class athlete.


Pay no mind that these people are driving at like top speeds of 228 mph, and are actually risking their lives. ;).


By waking up and doing something everyday, everybody in the world is risking their life. Maybe not to the extent of an Indy Car driver.

But Richard Zednik and Clint Malarchuk totally agree. :thumb up:
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 28, 2010 3:20 pm

Triple-S wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:No, because hockey is actually a sport. Unlike driving. If driving is a sport, then I'm a world-class athlete.


Pay no mind that these people are driving at like top speeds of 228 mph, and are actually risking their lives. ;).


Apparently you've never encounterd Asian drivers.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri May 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Triple-S wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:No, because hockey is actually a sport. Unlike driving. If driving is a sport, then I'm a world-class athlete.


Pay no mind that these people are driving at like top speeds of 228 mph, and are actually risking their lives. ;).


Apparently you've never encounterd Asian drivers.


Or black women on cell phones.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Triple-S wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:No, because hockey is actually a sport. Unlike driving. If driving is a sport, then I'm a world-class athlete.


Pay no mind that these people are driving at like top speeds of 228 mph, and are actually risking their lives. ;).

What is the mortality rate for Indy drivers? Or for all racers for that matter? I bet, at least for higher level racing, it is lower than your chance of getting killed driving to work.
hermanfontenot wrote:I got it if you fellas can wait till about 3:30 or so.

Eff it, let's do it right now.

1.) When you think of overrated movies, what's one title that always comes to mind?

2.) If you could change the outcome of EITHER the 1986 or '87 AFC title games- not both- which one would you change?

3.) Should the Browns retire #19?

4.) So, what are your plans for this long weekend?

5.) Blackhawks or Flyers- who do you like?

1) Scarface. Very good. But not canonical.
2) Doesn't matter.
3) Laugh. No.
4) Tearing out the kitchen floor (glued down wood on concrete; it's fucking terrible, if anyone has any tips beyond cut it up with a circular saw and use a wonder bar and sledge I'm all ears) and maybe, maybe putting down the new floor. BBQ tomorrow too.
5) Flyers.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby diminishingskills » Fri May 28, 2010 4:41 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:I got it if you fellas can wait till about 3:30 or so.

Eff it, let's do it right now.

1.) When you think of overrated movies, what's one title that always comes to mind?

2.) If you could change the outcome of EITHER the 1986 or '87 AFC title games- not both- which one would you change?

3.) Should the Browns retire #19?

4.) So, what are your plans for this long weekend?

5.) Blackhawks or Flyers- who do you like?


1. Anything by the Coen Brothers. I get them intellectually, but just don't find anything they do funny. I so wanted to like The Big Lebowski, but it did absolutely nothing for me.

2. I'll say '87, just because it would have been sweet to see them cap off one of the best comebacks in postseason history. (Most folks hate Byner for the fumble; I hate Mark Harper for giving up damn near every long pass that put the Browns in a position to need a TD at that juncture.)

3. No. Third-best QB in a four-team division. (Yes, I know that's provocative to say on a Cleveland sports board, but it's true.)

4. Zoo with the kids, get in some long training runs for Burning River, and otherwise just relax.

5. Don't care about hockey.
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
User avatar
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:32 am
Location: Brunswick, OH
Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Tearing out the kitchen floor (glued down wood on concrete; it's fucking terrible, if anyone has any tips beyond cut it up with a circular saw and use a wonder bar and sledge I'm all ears) and maybe, maybe putting down the new floor


Who the fuck glued wood to concrete? Depending on the adhesive used dry ice may help.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby diminishingskills » Fri May 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Triple-S wrote:Pay no mind that these people are driving at like top speeds of 228 mph, and are actually risking their lives. ;).


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk-2hs_XoXE

(Despite my earlier comment about not caring about hockey, which still stands, I'd never argue that it isn't a sport.)
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
User avatar
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:32 am
Location: Brunswick, OH
Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:19 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Tearing out the kitchen floor (glued down wood on concrete; it's fucking terrible, if anyone has any tips beyond cut it up with a circular saw and use a wonder bar and sledge I'm all ears) and maybe, maybe putting down the new floor


Who the fuck glued wood to concrete? Depending on the adhesive used dry ice may help.

I would love to blame it on the guy who was here before, who did a bunch of subpar work around the house that is in part necessitating a lot of work (part shoddy work, part shoddy materials, part lack of maintenance prob due to being a short sale for a year), but this appears to be from the original construction. Good craftsmanship, just was in bad shape because this guy's wife obviously stomped around on it in high heels.

Good call on the dry ice. I'll give it a shot, esp for the areas I can't swing the hammer much.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri May 28, 2010 5:22 pm

aoxo1 wrote:I'll give it a shot, esp for the areas I can't swing the hammer much.


Austin Carr thinks you should be able to throw the hammer down anywhere.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby waborat » Fri May 28, 2010 5:41 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:b.) waborat gets off his duff and comes correct. ;-) ;) :wink:


Sorry you boobs, I took last Monday off and didn't realize that it was already Friday before I went to work this morn...

Guess I'm a bigger boob
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:42 pm

jb wrote: Primitive camping with the fam on Saturday


Gonna spear a mastodon for dinner? Nothing brings the family together like spending 5 hours gathering firewood and then trying to light it with flint and dried leaves. :hide:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3632
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:59 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I would love to blame it on the guy who was here before, who did a bunch of subpar work around the house that is in part necessitating a lot of work (part shoddy work, part shoddy materials, part lack of maintenance prob due to being a short sale for a year), but this appears to be from the original construction. Good craftsmanship, just was in bad shape because this guy's wife obviously stomped around on it in high heels.

Good call on the dry ice. I'll give it a shot, esp for the areas I can't swing the hammer much.


Let me know what you put down. I tore up some of my kitchen today (engineered wood flooring on concrete, thin set adhesive). Mine came up easy, as it had water underneath it. (don't ask). Thinking of floating the new floor over the slab, no adhesive, no sub floor.

Any experience out there?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3632
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby waborat » Fri May 28, 2010 6:06 pm

1.) When you think of overrated movies, what's one title that always comes to mind?
Gotta go with JB's Forrest Gump answer...THE most disappointing flick I've ever seen

2.) If you could change the outcome of EITHER the 1986 or '87 AFC title games- not both- which one would you change?

I'll go with the "86 Drive...maybe if they win that one and go off to the SB then Ernie makes sure he hangs onto the piggie to be able to go again?

3.) Should the Browns retire #19?

No, but the Cavs should probably hang it from the rafters

4.) So, what are your plans for this long weekend?

Dinner tonight w/ friends, yard work Saturday, lamb roast Sunday, try to rest on Monday

5.) Blackhawks or Flyers- who do you like?

Blackhawks Down
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby waborat » Fri May 28, 2010 6:07 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I would love to blame it on the guy who was here before, who did a bunch of subpar work around the house that is in part necessitating a lot of work (part shoddy work, part shoddy materials, part lack of maintenance prob due to being a short sale for a year), but this appears to be from the original construction. Good craftsmanship, just was in bad shape because this guy's wife obviously stomped around on it in high heels.

Good call on the dry ice. I'll give it a shot, esp for the areas I can't swing the hammer much.


Let me know what you put down. I tore up some of my kitchen today (engineered wood flooring on concrete, thin set adhesive). Mine came up easy, as it had water underneath it. (don't ask). Thinking of floating the new floor over the slab, no adhesive, no sub floor.

Any experience out there?


You should be fine floating it Matt...

Just make sure that you put a vapor barrier down first
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri May 28, 2010 6:13 pm

1.) When you think of overrated movies, what's one title that always comes to mind?
The vast majority of Eastwood directed films. Mystic River sucked ass

2.) If you could change the outcome of EITHER the 1986 or '87 AFC title games- not both- which one would you change?
I was too young to make this call with any certainty.

3.) Should the Browns retire #19?
Love Bernie and his dedication to the city but no. Numbers should be retired in rare instances.

4.) So, what are your plans for this long weekend?
Some yard work, seeing the extended family, and taking in the epic Reminderville Memorial Day parade. Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade has nothing on us.

5.) Blackhawks or Flyers- who do you like?
Hawks big time
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
User avatar
jack_tors
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Reminderville, Oh
Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:23 pm

waborat wrote: You should be fine floating it Matt...

Just make sure that you put a vapor barrier down first


Thanks. Houses where I live are all slab on grade foundations. Which is less than ideal IMO.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3632
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:37 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
waborat wrote: You should be fine floating it Matt...

Just make sure that you put a vapor barrier down first


Thanks. Houses where I live are all slab on grade foundations. Which is less than ideal IMO.

I'm putting down a floating floor also as the replacement. Any need to glue the planks together, just for the kitchen?
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri May 28, 2010 6:53 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
waborat wrote: You should be fine floating it Matt...

Just make sure that you put a vapor barrier down first


Thanks. Houses where I live are all slab on grade foundations. Which is less than ideal IMO.

I'm putting down a floating floor also as the replacement. Any need to glue the planks together, just for the kitchen?


Not sure if you need adhesive these days. I have read about some engineered tongue and groove flooring that doesn't require glue. I need to find out a bit more, though.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3632
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 28, 2010 7:01 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
waborat wrote: You should be fine floating it Matt...

Just make sure that you put a vapor barrier down first


Thanks. Houses where I live are all slab on grade foundations. Which is less than ideal IMO.

I'm putting down a floating floor also as the replacement. Any need to glue the planks together, just for the kitchen?


Not sure if you need adhesive these days. I have read about some engineered tongue and groove flooring that doesn't require glue. I need to find out a bit more, though.

Do you mean in general (click lock) or specifically doesn't need it in a wet area? I have the click lock, and it's not glued anywhere else I've put it down or will put it down. Just concerned about spills getting through the seams even if cleaned up right away.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 28, 2010 7:15 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
waborat wrote: You should be fine floating it Matt...

Just make sure that you put a vapor barrier down first


Thanks. Houses where I live are all slab on grade foundations. Which is less than ideal IMO.

I'm putting down a floating floor also as the replacement. Any need to glue the planks together, just for the kitchen?


Not sure if you need adhesive these days. I have read about some engineered tongue and groove flooring that doesn't require glue. I need to find out a bit more, though.

Do you mean in general (click lock) or specifically doesn't need it in a wet area? I have the click lock, and it's not glued anywhere else I've put it down or will put it down. Just concerned about spills getting through the seams even if cleaned up right away.


No you don't need adhesive. My mom's house has tounge and groove hardwood all downstairs and they get wet every winter from the dogs tracking snow (and when they're out in the rain) in and she hasn't had a single problem, those floors are probably 6-7 years old.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri May 28, 2010 9:34 pm

DiminishingSkills wrote:1. Anything by the Coen Brothers. I get them intellectually, but just don't find anything they do funny. I so wanted to like The Big Lebowski, but it did absolutely nothing for me.



Hey man, If that's how you feel, you know, I'm OK, you're OK...That there's what it is.



1.) When you think of overrated movies, what's one title that always comes to mind?

Citizen Cane

2.) If you could change the outcome of EITHER the 1986 or '87 AFC title games- not both- which one would you change?

1987 - I'd like to take that burden off Byner.

3.) Should the Browns retire #19?

Absolutely - It's the Cleveland Browns and he's a Cleveland Browns Legend

4.) So, what are your plans for this long weekend?

Work tomorrow. Then beer, burgers, and good times with my kid.

5.) Blackhawks or Flyers- who do you like?

Flyers I guess, although I'm not militant about it.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7684
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri May 28, 2010 10:19 pm

1.) When you think of overrated movies, what's one title that always comes to mind?
Napoleon Dynamite

2.) If you could change the outcome of EITHER the 1986 or '87 AFC title games- not both- which one would you change?
Doesn't matter. Either would be fine.

3.) Should the Browns retire #19?
No

4.) So, what are your plans for this long weekend?
Recover from strep throat and 9 straight days of work with this 3-day weekend

5.) Blackhawks or Flyers- who do you like?
I dislike them both. I think the Blackhawks will win.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
User avatar
idoctribefan
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:35 pm
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri May 28, 2010 10:50 pm

Titanic

Feh

No

Visited some troops at Bethesda Naval Hospital this morning

Fuck hoekey
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri May 28, 2010 11:54 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
waborat wrote: You should be fine floating it Matt...

Just make sure that you put a vapor barrier down first


Thanks. Houses where I live are all slab on grade foundations. Which is less than ideal IMO.

I'm putting down a floating floor also as the replacement. Any need to glue the planks together, just for the kitchen?


Not sure if you need adhesive these days. I have read about some engineered tongue and groove flooring that doesn't require glue. I need to find out a bit more, though.

Do you mean in general (click lock) or specifically doesn't need it in a wet area? I have the click lock, and it's not glued anywhere else I've put it down or will put it down. Just concerned about spills getting through the seams even if cleaned up right away.


No you don't need adhesive. My mom's house has tounge and groove hardwood all downstairs and they get wet every winter from the dogs tracking snow (and when they're out in the rain) in and she hasn't had a single problem, those floors are probably 6-7 years old.


No adhesive these days, and you'd really have to leave water pool for quite some time to get a raise in the seams, or any other damage. One of the reasons this type of stuff isn't recommended for bathrooms isn't necessarily water, it's the humidity etc. associated with a "floating" floor.

The only carpet I have left in the house is upstairs, I resurfaced the original hardwoods on the main floor, have installed engineered flooring in the kitchen, a breezeway and a small bathroom. Have had zero issues, and man, about as easy a major project you could do. Stuff cuts clean and easy.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6505
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby Ziner » Sat May 29, 2010 12:04 am

1.) When you think of overrated movies, what's one title that always comes to mind?

Napoleon Dynamite

2.) If you could change the outcome of EITHER the 1986 or '87 AFC title games- not both- which one would you change?

87, that was the first game I can remember.... yep, you all are old.

3.) Should the Browns retire #19?

Why not, plenty of numbers, not many have the love he does.

4.) So, what are your plans for this long weekend?

Just found out I have free tickets to the Senior PGA Championship tomorrow. Gonna go check out Couples, Lehman, and Kite. Should be cool, first golf tourney I have been to. Sunday taking the wife to the Zoo. Monday is the Boulder Bolder 10K

5.) Blackhawks or Flyers- who do you like?

Still have affection for Chicago, go Blackhawks
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7051
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby General » Sat May 29, 2010 8:54 am

1.) When you think of overrated movies, what's one title that always comes to mind?

Mission Impossible

2.) If you could change the outcome of EITHER the 1986 or '87 AFC title games- not both- which one would you change?

1986...because I was there.

3.) Should the Browns retire #19?

No. No Rings.

4.) So, what are your plans for this long weekend?

Working. I am in the Resort Biz.
5.) Blackhawks or Flyers- who do you like?

Philly I guess
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
User avatar
General
 
Posts: 1846
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Pensacola
Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby waborat » Sat May 29, 2010 10:17 am

leadpipe wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
waborat wrote: You should be fine floating it Matt...

Just make sure that you put a vapor barrier down first


Thanks. Houses where I live are all slab on grade foundations. Which is less than ideal IMO.

I'm putting down a floating floor also as the replacement. Any need to glue the planks together, just for the kitchen?


Not sure if you need adhesive these days. I have read about some engineered tongue and groove flooring that doesn't require glue. I need to find out a bit more, though.

Do you mean in general (click lock) or specifically doesn't need it in a wet area? I have the click lock, and it's not glued anywhere else I've put it down or will put it down. Just concerned about spills getting through the seams even if cleaned up right away.


No you don't need adhesive. My mom's house has tounge and groove hardwood all downstairs and they get wet every winter from the dogs tracking snow (and when they're out in the rain) in and she hasn't had a single problem, those floors are probably 6-7 years old.


No adhesive these days, and you'd really have to leave water pool for quite some time to get a raise in the seams, or any other damage. One of the reasons this type of stuff isn't recommended for bathrooms isn't necessarily water, it's the humidity etc. associated with a "floating" floor.

The only carpet I have left in the house is upstairs, I resurfaced the original hardwoods on the main floor, have installed engineered flooring in the kitchen, a breezeway and a small bathroom. Have had zero issues, and man, about as easy a major project you could do. Stuff cuts clean and easy.


Lead's right, no glue because it needs to be able to move with the seasons, humidity, etc...

Also, it's THE easiest floor to ever keep clean...Spray, mop 'n done...

Did I mention it's pretty much scratch free? You can slide your appliances across it like shuffleboard and you're fine
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Where my 5 questions?

Unread postby jb » Sat May 29, 2010 11:05 am

But its way more fun with glue.

You'll see dead Indians inhabiting your soul.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward


Return to No Holds Barred

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests