Text Size

No Holds Barred

Detroit PD Shooting of 7-year old......

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Detroit PD Shooting of 7-year old......

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun May 23, 2010 9:39 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:I think its more or less that he continues to modify his position in regards to police officers/authority figures because his lame reasoning keeps getting blown up by his prior postings.

His position is the antithesis of reverence, and is being lambasted just the same. The added personal attack, misguided in an attempt to support his point, has made it all the worse.

You weren't driving around being that f'd were you?

No we had a DD. Only retards drive drunk.
[quote]

I don't drink much or do much of the other shit you do, but would have killed to be the DD on that trip.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun May 23, 2010 9:41 pm

It's tongue in cheek CDT.

No it's not. From time to time it gets tossed around like it's the fucking gospel.

And no, the thread was started to expound on what he said elsewhere, over and over and over, time and time again. And it was started by an ex-LEO who justifiably took offense with it after dedicating his life to the profession and watching guys walk the edge every day for 20+ years

Like I said, everyone on these boards knew what J was going to say before he said it. Dem has every right to take umbrage at his words, but it's like getting pissed at a skunk for smelling bad.

Under his avatar it says 'Old School Writer'. I'm thinking he's a lot more new school headline maker than any type of old school writer.

He did what he does, he justifiably (IMO) got a shitload of heat for it and he will again the next time he inevitably walks down that road.

That's fine. We all give people shit who we don't agree with. No problem there.

There's a difference between questioning authority and having an obvious lack of respect for it. There's an even greater disservice when you question the integrity of people who have actually done the job skillfully and admirably and for the greater good.

Agreed. But you knew it was going to happen.

To continuously go about it like he does, well, if it walks like an asshole and posts like an asshole....

There are assholes that prance around these boards.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun May 23, 2010 9:49 pm

Orenthal wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Orenthal wrote:I think its more or less that he continues to modify his position in regards to police officers/authority figures because his lame reasoning keeps getting blown up by his prior postings.

His position is the antithesis of reverence, and is being lambasted just the same. The added personal attack, misguided in an attempt to support his point, has made it all the worse.

You weren't driving around being that f'd were you?

No we had a DD. Only retards drive drunk.

I don't drink much or do much of the other shit you do, but would have killed to be the DD on that trip.

Nah i would've got you drunk as hell.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun May 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Not a single time has that ended up well... I need the puking emoticon...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Like I said, everyone on these boards knew what J was going to say before he said it. Dem has every right to take umbrage at his words, but it's like getting pissed at a skunk for smelling bad.

Under his avatar it says 'Old School Writer'. I'm thinking he's a lot more new school headline maker than any type of old school writer.

He did what he does, he justifiably (IMO) got a shitload of heat for it and he will again the next time he inevitably walks down that road.

That's fine. We all give people shit who we don't agree with. No problem there.

There's a difference between questioning authority and having an obvious lack of respect for it. There's an even greater disservice when you question the integrity of people who have actually done the job skillfully and admirably and for the greater good.

Agreed. But you knew it was going to happen.

To continuously go about it like he does, well, if it walks like an asshole and posts like an asshole....

There are assholes that prance around these boards.

Doesn't matter if I knew it was going to happen. I saw the post and responded according to my thoughts on the matter and with the argument that you let the facts play out.

Just like it doesn't matter that I know some yahoo will be calling for Colt McCoy after the 2nd quarter of the first exhibition game (if not before) and I'll respond to that when it happens.

What does happen here that you don't expect to happen and that doesn't generate responses?

And there are for sure assholes that prance around these boards. And they will continue to be called out for what they are (I hope).

I just finished my article after a long weekend of soccer and running around. I'm gonna go grab me a nice little drink made up of Wild Turkey and ice and watch what's left of the Lakers game. You have a good week. My 9 yr old plays in C'Bus next weekend (Daree Park in Dublin). Staying in Hilliard Hilton somewhere on 270. PM me with a cell # if you wanna try and meet for a beer or something.

Peace
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun May 23, 2010 10:34 pm

Staying in Hilliard Hilton somewhere on 270. PM me with a cell # if you wanna try and meet for a beer or something.

Yeah i think that's the Hampton Inn on Lyman drive you're talking about.

Try Iacono's pizza while your down here. (meatball subs are great too.)
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Staying in Hilliard Hilton somewhere on 270. PM me with a cell # if you wanna try and meet for a beer or something.

Yeah i think that's the Hampton Inn on Lyman drive you're talking about.

Try Iacono's pizza while your down here. (meatball subs are great too.)

Homewood Suites on Park Mill I believe.

I want to hit Schmidt's and Thurman's if I can.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun May 23, 2010 11:58 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Jfiling doesn't like cops.... And the sky is blue.

You think it's wrong to demand information and for events to play out for a cop killer (who soon after plead guilty) but immediately condemn a cop as a murderer for a horrific shooting that left a 7-year old dead?

I think both events should be allowed to play out facts wise.

It only goes one way?

Are you surprised for him it only goes one way? That's his MO, you know this.

Dude vehemently defended a guy who put four bullets in the brain of a cop who never unholstered his weapon, told everyone the absence of a dash-cam was his justification for his admittedly paranoid theory and then went on other boards defending the alleged killer's right to a fair trial.

I don't agree with his method, but asking why the Dashcam was not recording is a fair question. I don't know what went down on other boards. And he does have the right to a fair trial, just like the officer in this case if it comes to that.

Which is fine. Right up until you call a cop who shot a kid a murderer without any of the benefits that he cried for in an earlier thread. And then he whines about keeping it real in this thread. Sorry, your body of work here speaks. You build a history and reputation here honestly. Your words are your words. No one forced them out of you

This thread was started to get J to say what you already know he thinks. It was bait and he bit.

That's some hypocritical bullshit no matter whether you favor yourself a contrarian or distrustful of police or anything else.

Probably.

It's horse shit plain and simple.

Not sure why that's all that difficult to understand.

I'm not sayin it ain't horse shit. I just think it's hil-fuckin-larious for someone who thinks 90% of the people out there are morons to call someone else an asshole. If someone really believes in the 90% rule it would have to extend to everyone, including LEO. I don't agree with J's tone and approach but I don't think he's an asshole either. He's just a guy that doesn't like authority. Which everyone on these boards has known for a long time.

The 90% rule is horse shit. Steaming horse shit.

Crossed the line when he went back at Dem concerning the accident.

So yeah, he's an asshole.

And if you think that's hil-fucking-larious coming from me that's great.

This is the part of the post where I would explain how literally one should take the "90% rule," maybe I'd say it in third person....

Look, this has drifted far away from black and white. It's gotten a little deeper than jfiling not diggin' authority. That's why the bludgeoning. Plain and simple.

So, if your opinion of me ain't all that high because of "the 90% rule" or any other previous ramblings, well, nothing I can do about it. As the saying goes, "if everyone likes you, you're lyin' to somebody." I just give my opinion on these here boards. Not asking anyone to accept it, or change there own. And trust me, I know where I stand in the world. Elvis is dead and the world's still spinnin'

And, you are correct, this thread was a dangling carrot, and we'd probably all be better off without it, and, we all could predict what line it was going to take. That being said, while I respect your takes based on your history on these boards, I'm a bit puzzled as to why you seem to be a bit taken aback at how hard the hammer is being swung here. Again, not asking you to agree with a heavy handed stance, but certainly you can understand why it became so.

Lastly, the good thing that has come out of this is that I'm done with this topic on these boards. Not going to repeat the same shit. Next time an officer does something wrong and newsworthy, I'm not even ducking in. I'll just take solace in the fact jfiles is having a banner day and leave it at that.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon May 24, 2010 12:11 am

jfiling was just a cop hater until his comment to dem. When he alluded to that accident, that was a fucking dickhead move. Regardless of how you feel about police, that absolutely crossed a line.

If you can't see that, CDT, then I'm really sorry for you. And I say that as a friend.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby jb » Mon May 24, 2010 1:02 am

Thus endeth "Meanest week ever" on the tcf foura....
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 24, 2010 2:28 am

First off, I apologize to Lead, he didn't do anything to me to catch the shit I gave him. If i'm wrong you all will find i'm man enough to admit it. And I was wrong.

skatingtripods wrote:jfiling was just a cop hater until his comment to dem. When he alluded to that accident, that was a fucking dickhead move. Regardless of how you feel about police, that absolutely crossed a line.

If you can't see that, CDT, then I'm really sorry for you. And I say that as a friend.

I never said it was right or that I agree with it. It happens in a heated debate. People say things they shouldn't. I'm still not gonna call him an asshole, because I don't think he is one. Did he cross the line? Sure. But it's not the first time it's happened here and it's sure as hell isn't the last.

A week from now this will all be forgotten. (well until the next tasing/shooting)
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon May 24, 2010 8:37 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:First off, I apologize to Lead, he didn't do anything to me to catch the shit I gave him. If i'm wrong you all will find i'm man enough to admit it. And I was wrong.

skatingtripods wrote:jfiling was just a cop hater until his comment to dem. When he alluded to that accident, that was a fucking dickhead move. Regardless of how you feel about police, that absolutely crossed a line.

I never said it was right or that I agree with it. It happens in a heated debate. People say things they shouldn't. I'm still not gonna call him an asshole, because I don't think he is one. Did he cross the line? Sure. But it's not the first time it's happened here and it's sure as hell isn't the last.

A week from now this will all be forgotten. (well until the next tasing/shooting)

No need CDT.

As you stated above we all give people shit we don't agree with. No offense taken.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Ziner » Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 am

Shadow Scars wrote:This is getting crazy. I'll make it real easy for you. I don't like cops and I don't like dead things. Therefore, I don't like this thread. That's about sums it up. I'm not gonna go on and on here because this is a message board and nothing should ever be taken seriously on a message board so I'm going to walk away now and go to hell for being such an asshole. Have a good night.

Nice punt.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon May 24, 2010 11:39 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I never said it was right or that I agree with it. It happens in a heated debate. People say things they shouldn't. I'm still not gonna call him an asshole, because I don't think he is one. Did he cross the line? Sure. But it's not the first time it's happened here and it's sure as hell isn't the last.

Never implored you to call him an asshole.

It's most egregious error of crossing the line that I've seen on TCF. dem carries that burden every day of his life. The complete and utter insensitivity, heated debate or not, is despicable on jfiling's part. No matter how the Detroit case pans out, it was beyond unnecessary.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 24, 2010 6:58 pm

It's most egregious error of crossing the line that I've seen on TCF.

You must be new here.

dem carries that burden every day of his life.

Yeah I get that.

The complete and utter insensitivity, heated debate or not, is despicable on jfiling's part

It wasn't right, but it's not like we're known for sensitivity here on NHB, alot worse has been said.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon May 24, 2010 7:20 pm

lol

It was the best gang bang I've jumped in on in quite some time but, if this forum was a hot sauce it would be called Mild and not Ass in Space

juss sayin'
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred