Text Size

College Sports Arena

Linebackers

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Linebackers

Unread postby furls » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:11 pm

Well, it is all speculation at this point, but so far word on the street is that our starting linebackers next year are going to be:

OLB: Laurinaitis
MLB: Kerr/Homan
OLB: Freeman

The only lock in that group I would say is Laurinaitis based largely on the fact that he appeared to be the first option to replace Carpenter at the end of last year. I think Jon Kerr has started this year as the apparent leader for the MLB position, but I am not sure that it will stick. Ross Homan is really turning heads and frankly this is a chance for the Buckeyes to get a little younger in the LB corps.

Kerr is a 5th year senior, either the Buckeyes will look forward and play Homan extensively or rely on Jon Kerr to provide some leadership on the defense. Personally, I would prefer to see the Buckeyes go young at the LB position.

Laurinaitis and Homan are exceptionally young and talented and we would have each for at least 3 years (Laurinaitis is a sophomore next year, Homan is a frosh).

Don't count Larry Grant out either, he has received some pretty fair reports also.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby yargs7 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:57 pm

Good info Mike. I think that's a very solid group. I am really looking forward to seeing Freeman out there.

What about D'Andrea? That poor kid has had a rough go of it at OSU. I keep hearing about them using him as a rush D-end, but he keeps getting hurt.

What ever happened to Freddie Lenix?
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby furls » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:50 pm

Freddie Lenix never signed with OSU. He ended up at "the nati".

As for D'Andrea, I don't think he is totally out of the mix for some play time, but I think the team would be a bit hesitant to put all of their hopes on him. I am very sure that he will see the field (if healthy) because if for no other reason, JT is a big loyalty type of guy. D'Andrea has the size to do the whole rush end thing.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena