Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

I think the Cavs should give Cedric Jackson another shot.

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

I think the Cavs should give Cedric Jackson another shot.

Unread postby statmasta » Fri May 14, 2010 11:24 pm

a real opportunity this time, not just some small contracts while we wait for an injured guy to come back

I've always thought he's been like a poor man's Rajon Rondo. In 2008-2009 he was one of only like three or four guys to average 10+ ppg, 5+ rpg, and 5+ apg.

And in the NBDL he averaged 16.4 ppg, 7.4 apg, and 5.6 rpg. He's lightning quick like Rondo, he's a great distributor with good vision, and a tenacious competitor, which you see in both the rebound totals and his defense (Horizon League Defensive Player of the Year in '08-'09). And also like Rondo, his jump shot is embarrassingly awful.

But the only real problem he's ever had is confidence. If he gets a shot in the NBA and has a coach in his ear at all times telling him to stay aggressive and keep attacking the hoop and to demand the ball, he can be very good. If he gets a good opportunity, I think he can be the type of PG the Cavaliers need. He'll never be Rajon Rondo, or anything close to an all-star, but I think he has the skills to really help the team.

DO IT, CAVS

(and dump Mo)

But then again, maybe I'm just a biased Cleveland homer. I mean, when's the last time a player from the NBDL has made an real impact in the NBA? I can't remember any NBDL guys doing well in the NBA. So this idea is probably kind of dumb. Oh well.

Thoughts?
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Re: I think the Cavs should give Cedric Jackson another shot.

Unread postby jfiling » Fri May 14, 2010 11:31 pm

statmasta wrote:But then again, maybe I'm just a biased Cleveland homer. I mean, when's the last time a player from the NBDL has made an real impact in the NBA? I can't remember any NBDL guys doing well in the NBA.

FWIW: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Develo ... A_call-ups
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby statmasta » Fri May 14, 2010 11:34 pm

jfiling wrote:
statmasta wrote:But then again, maybe I'm just a biased Cleveland homer. I mean, when's the last time a player from the NBDL has made an real impact in the NBA? I can't remember any NBDL guys doing well in the NBA.

FWIW: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Develo ... A_call-ups

Wow, how did I completely forget about Jamario Moon? LOL. And Matt Barnes, he's pretty good.

And JJ Barea, Andray Blatche, Aaron Brooks, Jordan Farmar, Marcin Gortat. Some pretty decent players there. Thanks.
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby waborat » Sat May 15, 2010 9:07 am

statmasta wrote:But then again, maybe I'm just a biased Cleveland homer. I mean, when's the last time a player from CSU has made an real impact in the NBA? I can't remember any CSU guys doing well in the NBA. So this idea is probably kind of dumb. Oh well.

But at least Frankie Edwards got to play a whole season once ;-) ;) :wink:
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA