Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Rich Buicker (sp) claims 95% probability Bron resigns

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Rich Buicker (sp) claims 95% probability Bron resigns

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:46 pm

Thats the latest news from Collin Cowturd .

Bron won't walk away and leave $30 million on the table he blows by signing somewhere else.

If this is true , the only way to stop the madness is to bring in a Coach who has a ring and can tell Bron which way is up.

and we need a closer until Bron understands he has to develop an intermediate jump shot.

Way past time the lunatics stop running the asylum.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Re: Rich Buicker (sp) claims 95% probability Bron resigns

Unread postby JCoz » Fri May 14, 2010 12:52 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong (not you SD, other credible NBA people who will look at this thread), but if LeBron never considers signing for more than 3 years, there is actually little or no money left on the table apples to apples.

So Rich can wipe his ass with that little theory, IMO.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Coz, w/ the new CBA up and the fact that the financial landscape of the league is going to VASTLY change there is no way in hell LBJ only reups for three years.

And there is still money left on the table since the % raises are larger for the Cavs. There is a thread like 3-5 pages back where WhackPhisto did all of the calculation on this. Feel free to go find it.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Fri May 14, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 12:55 pm

We really dont need a new thread over ever knob's prediction. I think that is the point of the main LBJ FA thread, but it has never stopped you before.

JCoz, I am 99% you are correct, don't have the exact number. Maybe MacPhisto will make a rare appearance with the full break down of numbers.

Edit: there is money left on the table, just not 30 mil.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Fri May 14, 2010 1:00 pm

Bucher also says Dirk will go back to Dallas, DWade will return to Miami, and Pierce will return to the Celtics, the only guy he says will be gone is Bosh to Chicago and he thinks we should go after Ray Allen, I'm assuming he meant if Lebron stays. Grain of salt to all that, he's not really breaking much of anything.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:02 pm

The diff between a 6 year max with the Cavs and a 5 year with another franchise is nearly 30 mil. Cavs can offer ~125 over 6 years while another team can offer ~95 over 5 year. Of course, most of that 30 mil is on the extra year, so that argument is so stupid unless a guy is not going to get another max contract at the end of this one. Bron is young enough to think he will follow a 5 year deal with another max deal. So the real difference is only about 1.5 mil per year for 5 years, or 7.5 mil.

Exact #'s may be slightly off.

edit: of course, if the new CBA curtails salaries to such an extent that he will be far short of the 21-22 mil he would get in that last year, he loses whatever the diff is. So maybe he loses 7.5 for the next 5 years, and then another 5 on the 6th year.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Fri May 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Is it just me or does SD start a new thread everytime he has a thought?
Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby Tree » Fri May 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Soul...I don't think he's going anywhere. Fans are nervous though, and they have a right to be as LeBron could have made a verbal committment at any time to staying in Cleveland. Maybe his agent has told him not to make such a verbal committment, as a negotiating ploy to get the best possible payday. I'd be impressed if LeBron came out Bernie Kosar style and said, get me some players, I'll take a paycut. I'd be floored by that, but it ain't happening.

I also agree a coaching change is in order. I've tried to support Mike Brown, but just never could get totally behind him. After years of watching Lenny Wilkins coach a Cavs team that had a lot less talent imo than the team we have now, and getting maximum effort and performance from that squad, I just couldn't get "Down with Brown."
Wilkins' teams never showed any quit. Opposing point guards never had career days against us like we saw PGs have against Mo Williams and others all year.

The only thing that stopped Lenny was Michael Jordan. The Wilkins' Cavs teams played as a team. I don't know wtf I could call what I've seen out of Brown's team. Perhaps Brown is merely Doug Collins in disguise.

The Regular Season, shows that with the Cavs having the best record in the past couple of seasons, that they do have talent on the team. Is it enough? Well...the only way to prove that is to win a title.

The Post Season with Mike Brown in contrast to the regular season shows that when he faces teams with like or better talent, he is getting outcoached.

I really don't know how to make it any clearer.

Lenny Wilkins would have ran circles around the Celtics with the lineup Brown had this season. Wilkins ran plays to get his best players wide open. Brown's team just looks like they play street ball. Let's hope that Ferry and Gilbert can find a coach that knows X's and O's and how to run an offense that doesn't rely soley on one great player to carry an entire team.

I don't think James is going anywhere, but I am pretty sure he is frustrated and disillusioned now. I also feel that he has expressed subtly at times, that he doesn't care for Browns' rotations or coaching style. I think a big part of LeBron staying and resigning actually would have something to do with who they are going to land as the next coach. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was discussed behind the scenes and in private, as a way to reassure LeBron that Gilbert was going to spare no expense to build a championship team. One has to wonder if Calipari is in the mix somehow, or for that matter who else is on the short list.
Last edited by Tree on Fri May 14, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tree

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:05 pm

To just add, I don't know why the hell these guys care about missing out on a few mil if they really want to leave. All things being equal, sure, take the extra money.

But he has so much money that making more isn't about money. It's about piling up life points and measuring dicks.
aoxo1

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:07 pm

Yes Tree you effing moron. LBJ heard from his agent that the Cavs would not give him a max deal unless he acted like a bore for 7 years.

Do you have a single neuron firing, or is your ass in complete control of your mouth at this point?
aoxo1

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 1:07 pm

Shadow Scars wrote:Is it just me or does SD start a new thread everytime he has a thought?

It isnt just you.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 14, 2010 1:09 pm

The next deal after 5 years, starts with a % increase of the final year of the deal. It does start to add up, but I am with aoxo if a guy wants to leave it doesn't seem enough...

Edit: The problem is people start adding content to the prose, and it snowballs into a decent thread. Just look the other way...
Last edited by Orenthal on Fri May 14, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby fundamentals » Fri May 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Why is Calipari seen as "The Answer?"
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Tree » Fri May 14, 2010 1:11 pm

aoxo1 wrote:Yes Tree you effing moron. LBJ heard from his agent that the Cavs would not give him a max deal unless he acted like a bore for 7 years.

Do you have a single neuron firing, or is your ass in complete control of your mouth at this point?

So apparently you think LeBron not making a verbal committment means he is leaving? I simply think he wants to see what the market is going to be for his contract, so he didn't commit. Some team's gonna offer him a lot of jack, and the Cavs will simply top it, but LeBron isn't going to simply say, yah, I'm reupping.

So what part of my comments would you like me to delete, so as to make you feel more comfortable? Oh....the whole thing? Sure....whatever you say. I bow down to your superior intellect.

If you think my comments don't merit any discussion, ignore them. I'm not here to stir crap up. I am a Cavs fan, and am doing nothing more than discussing my thoughts. If maybe they aren't as well thought out as your one liners, then I do sincerely apologize.

Stay classy.
Last edited by Tree on Fri May 14, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tree

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:11 pm

JCoz wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong (not you SD, other credible NBA people who will look at this thread), but if LeBron never considers signing for more than 3 years, there is actually little or no money left on the table apples to apples.

SD:

Why would he re-sign or sign with anybody for less than the Max , the situation would really really really have to be totally untenable and even then business would still have to be consummated on a path which makes sense.

If push came to shove he'd orchestrate a sign and trade minimum sighting irreconcilable differences .

Yeah I know the Cavs sid they aren't down , however

Gilbert would have to bite , if Nike made his outside deals so lucrative with a package to a Chicago lets say it more than made up for the cash difference.

All these players coming available at the same time is no accident .

Wade Bosh Dirk Johnson Lebron and others have created a feeding frenzy to extort the max out of these franchises.

To even consider your idea that any of these guys let alone Lebron would level the playing field , for the owners is ludicrous , never mind the presumptive arrogance
of your tone and continence .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 14, 2010 1:12 pm

fundamentals wrote:Why is Calipari seen as "The Answer?"

fund that is what I fail to understand. The guy was a complete flop in his last NBA gig. However the guy is an excellent salesman, and the type of recruiter that would tell LeBron everything he wants to hear, and LeBron loves that as we can see...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:13 pm

To clarify aoxo, Tree's ass is in control of his fingers, not his mouth.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri May 14, 2010 1:16 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
SD:

Why would he re-sign or sign with anybody for less than the Max , the situation would really really really have to be totally untenable and even then business would still have to be consummated on a path which makes sense.

If push came to shove he'd orchestrate a sign and trade minimum sighting irreconcilable differences .

Gilbert would have to bite , if Nike made his outside deals so lucrative with a package to a Chicago lets say it more than made up for the cash difference.All these players coming available at the same time is no accident .

Wade Bosh Dirk Johnson Lebron and others have created a feeding frenzy to extort the max out of these franchises.

To even consider your idea that any of these guys let alone Lebron would level the playing field , for the owners is ludicrous , never mind the presumptive arrogance

SoulDawg

His Nike contract extention does not have any type of elevator clause that gives him more money for going to a larger market. He'll make the same from them whether he plays in Clev or NY/Chi

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/174610
Some Cavaliers fans may be wondering whether LeBron James' recently signed Nike contract extension will have any bearing on his decision as a free agent. However, according to multiple sources, the new deal does not have any bonuses for James to play in a larger market such as New York, Chicago or Los Angeles. There has been some speculation that such clauses in endorsement deals may have been something for James to consider when he becomes a free agent in July. Instead, James will continue to focus on winning, which is helping shoe sales. The current version of James' signature shoe, the Zoom LeBron VI, has been the best-selling version of the shoe.
Last edited by Larvell Blanks on Fri May 14, 2010 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:18 pm

Orenthal wrote:

fund that is what I fail to understand. The guy was a complete flop in his last NBA gig. However the guy is an excellent salesman, and the type of recruiter that would tell LeBron everything he wants to hear, and LeBron loves that as we can see...

SD:

Just say no to another Lebron enabler , especially Rich Kotite.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Tree wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:Yes Tree you effing moron. LBJ heard from his agent that the Cavs would not give him a max deal unless he acted like a bore for 7 years.

So apparently you think LeBron not making a verbal committment means he is leaving? I simply think he wants to see what the market is going to be for his contract, so he didn't commit. Some team's gonna offer him a lot of jack, and the Cavs will simply top it, but LeBron isn't going to simply say, yah, I'm reupping.

So what part of my comments would you like me to delete, so as to make you feel more comfortable? Oh....the whole thing? Sure....whatever you say. I bow down to your superior intellect.

If you think my comments don't merit any discussion, ignore them. I'm not here to stir crap up. I am a Cavs fan, and am doing nothing more than discussing my thoughts. If maybe they aren't as well thought out as your one liners, then I do sincerely apologize.

Stay classy.

It doesn't matter what you think. The NBA has something called max contracts and LeBron could get one from any team far enough under the salary cap. There is no such thing as "exploring the market" for a player of his stature. He gets the maximum, that's that. And everyone has known it since the 4th quarter of his 1st game in the association.

If you can't be bothered to understand the most basic of facts about the NBA, don't vomit out 5 paragraphs of repeating shit over and over again.
aoxo1

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Exploring the market to see what kind of deals are out there. that is some funny shit Tree. I can't believe you dont have a better reputation with classic insight like that.

I bet it was embarrassing to ride the short bus everyday.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Tree » Fri May 14, 2010 1:27 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
Tree wrote:

Stay classy.

It doesn't matter what you think. The NBA has something called max contracts and LeBron could get one from any team far enough under the salary cap. There is no such thing as "exploring the market" for a player of his stature. He gets the maximum, that's that. And everyone has known it since the 4th quarter of his 1st game in the association.

If you can't be bothered to understand the most basic of facts about the NBA, don't vomit out 5 paragraphs of repeating shit over and over again.

I fully understand what the Cavs can offer LeBron as opposed to other teams. They can outbid any team for him according to the CBA. What is the Max that can be offered James? Is there an actual number? If there is, I've never seen it mentioned. I never claimed to be an NBA capologist. Maybe instead of being a dick, you could educate me a bit...I mean...that's how people have civil discussions...at least...that's what I was told at one time.
Last edited by Tree on Fri May 14, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tree

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
SD:

Gilbert would have to bite , if Nike made his outside deals so lucrative with a package to a Chicago lets say it more than made up for the cash difference.All these players coming available at the same time is no accident .

SoulDawg

His re-upped Nike contract does not have any type of elevator clause that gives him more money for going to a larger market. He'll make the same from them whether he plays in Clev or NY/Chi

SD:

Unlike the NBA marketing contracts can be torn up and revamped,
hell he could get a suborned deal if something came afoot which effected the China market .

As one analyst succinctly pointed out the true target market is the $300 million ballers in China.

Not NYC , currently Kobe is the biggest star in China way more than Lebron because of CHAMPIONSHIPS.

A Championship tied to the Lebron logo is worth Billions especially sense he's now retired his 23 number and will net millions of new sales as soon as 36 hits the market.

Add the ring to that marketing corp and its well worth """his teams""" interests
not the Cavaliers persay , to place him in the best situation which will insure that happens .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Tree wrote:
I fully understand what the Cavs can offer LeBron as opposed to other teams. What is the Max that can be offered James? Is there an actual number? If there is, I've never seen it mentioned. I never claimed to be an NBA capologist. Maybe instead of being a dick, you could educate me a bit...I mean...that's how people have civil discussions...at least...that's what I was told at one time.

The number is based on the cap.

Since I can't speak for aoxo, I would assume he was a dick because you rambled on about something acting as if you are some genius when you have basic simple things completely incorrect.

Kind of like SD saying that Pierce had to leave to get a ring.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:31 pm

Yeah, that is standard Tree.

Posts like he has a clue what he is posting about even though he knows nothing then pulls a "WHO ME!!!" when he gets called on it.

And he's never once been bothered to look up anything on his own before posting.

Tree, meet the glock. Fucking hilljack.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Tree wrote:I fully understand what the Cavs can offer LeBron as opposed to other teams. What is the Max that can be offered James? Is there an actual number? If there is, I've never seen it mentioned. I never claimed to be an NBA capologist. Maybe instead of being a dick, you could educate me a bit...I mean...that's how people have civil discussions...at least...that's what I was told at one time.

Read the thread before you post. I already posted it.
aoxo1

Unread postby Tree » Fri May 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Ziner wrote:
Tree wrote:
I fully understand what the Cavs can offer LeBron as opposed to other teams. What is the Max that can be offered James? Is there an actual number? If there is, I've never seen it mentioned. I never claimed to be an NBA capologist. Maybe instead of being a dick, you could educate me a bit...I mean...that's how people have civil discussions...at least...that's what I was told at one time.

The number is based on the cap.

Since I can't speak for aoxo, I would assume he was a dick because you rambled on about something acting as if you are some genius when you have basic simple things completely incorrect.

Kind of like SD saying that Pierce had to leave to get a ring.

I'm not a genius. I actually would like to learn a bit more about the NBA. I'm a fan, but never got into the contract thingy. I don't care too much for it.

I was just posting my thoughts on Soul's topic. If I rambled on, it's because well, that's the way I am sometimes. Never meant anything by it. So, if I am the board's village idiot I suppose, it's the hat I must wear, but I am not here to beat my chest and tell everyone what a genius I am, and also concurrently tell everyone else that they don't have an effin neuron firing in their brains.

I've tried to lookup that "number" never seen it. Maybe I should have looked harder. What is it?
Tree

Unread postby Tree » Fri May 14, 2010 1:44 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
Tree wrote:I fully understand what the Cavs can offer LeBron as opposed to other teams. What is the Max that can be offered James? Is there an actual number? If there is, I've never seen it mentioned. I never claimed to be an NBA capologist. Maybe instead of being a dick, you could educate me a bit...I mean...that's how people have civil discussions...at least...that's what I was told at one time.

Read the thread before you post. I already posted it.

Thanks, at the time I replied my first reply, your comments were not there. Had I read that, I probably would have not made the comments I made to the degree I made them.

So I learned something today. The 30 mill Soul was talking about is the additional money and additional year according to the CBA that that Cavs can offer James. I originally was under the impression that this number wasn't set. I've not participated in salary cap threads regarding the Cavs before.
Tree

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri May 14, 2010 4:25 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:As one analyst succinctly pointed out the true target market is the $300 million ballers in China.

SoulDawg

Do you think he might ask Gilbert to move the team to Seattle so that it's a more China-friendly time zone for him???!1!!!1!!????
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 14, 2010 4:33 pm

This forum is becoming unreadable.

"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Damn straight CDT.

I'm out for awhile, have fun w/ Tree, SD, Spin and Pros.

Fucking hell.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 4:59 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Damn straight CDT.

I'm out for awhile, have fun w/ Tree, SD, Spin and Pros.

Fucking hell.

Haha, at least keep us updated with anything from Rich Buicker's twitter. :lmfao:
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby OldDawg » Fri May 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Shadow Scars wrote:Is it just me or does SD start a new thread everytime he has a thought?

OD

What do you mean?

OldDawg

:hide:
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby FUDU » Sat May 15, 2010 12:06 am

B/C he doesn't like to hold practices?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby waborat » Sat May 15, 2010 9:17 am

Tree wrote:
Wilkins' teams never showed any quit.

BS...

You need to go back and rewatch the '93 playoffs...

Pretty damn close to what I watched this past week
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat May 15, 2010 9:25 am

OldDawg wrote:

OD

What do you mean?

OldDawg

:hide:

Stop signing your posts
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby JCoz » Sat May 15, 2010 11:33 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Coz, w/ the new CBA up and the fact that the financial landscape of the league is going to VASTLY change there is no way in hell LBJ only reups for three years.

And there is still money left on the table since the % raises are larger for the Cavs. There is a thread like 3-5 pages back where WhackPhisto did all of the calculation on this. Feel free to go find it.

Right, and I will go find it, but can you expand on why he would sig long term in this landscape?

I mean, with the economy where it is and the cap going where it is, why would it make more financial sense to sign long term? Unless it was with the cavs, off his current deal, without opting out?

Wouldn't it make more sense to sign for three and see where the financial landscape is in three years?
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Sat May 15, 2010 11:49 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
JCoz wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong (not you SD, other credible NBA people who will look at this thread), but if LeBron never considers signing for more than 3 years, there is actually little or no money left on the table apples to apples.

SD:

Gilbert would have to bite , if Nike made his outside deals so lucrative with a package to a Chicago lets say it more than made up for the cash difference.

SoulDawg

SD, I'm not trying to be overly dickish about this, but your ideas about the Cavs and getting rid of saleries and signing or aquiring Bosh demonstrated an extreme lack of understanding on how these things work.

Hence my dig that someone else should correct my logic on this.

That's as nice as I can be regarding that.

Anyways, I'd like to understand the difference this time in signing max years as opposed to last time he was approaching FA.

Any pointing to signing a max deal for money reasons has to consider the difference between extending off his current deal as opposed to opting out. Meaning, if maxing dollars was the goal, there is no way you should opt out at all. And what would be the benifit of signing max year without a sign and trade as opposed to signing for 4 with an opt out clause as he did this time?

I probably should go find that Phisto thread.
JCoz

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:49 am

JCoz wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Coz, w/ the new CBA up and the fact that the financial landscape of the league is going to VASTLY change there is no way in hell LBJ only reups for three years.

Right, and I will go find it, but can you expand on why he would sig long term in this landscape?

I mean, with the economy where it is and the cap going where it is, why would it make more financial sense to sign long term? Unless it was with the cavs, off his current deal, without opting out?

Wouldn't it make more sense to sign for three and see where the financial landscape is in three years?

All the speculation about the new CBA is that max contract length and payout will both shrink.
aoxo1

Unread postby JCoz » Sat May 15, 2010 12:00 pm

Thank you.

Now I'd love to know exactly what money is there for extending off his current deal with no opt out, max deal after opt out with the cavs, and max deal with another team with no sign and trade help.

That is probably in that other thread.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Sat May 15, 2010 12:02 pm

BTW, I had not heard that about the new CBA. I thought the league was NOT interested in reducing the advantage for home teams to keep thier stars??? That isn't in the leagues best interest IMO.
JCoz

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun May 16, 2010 12:07 pm

JCoz wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

SD, I'm not trying to be overly dickish about this, but your ideas about the Cavs and getting rid of saleries and signing or aquiring Bosh demonstrated an extreme lack of understanding on how these things work.

Hence my dig that someone else should correct my logic on this.

That's as nice as I can be regarding that.

Anyways, I'd like to understand the difference this time in signing max years as opposed to last time he was approaching FA.

Any pointing to signing a max deal for money reasons has to consider the difference between extending off his current deal as opposed to opting out. Meaning, if maxing dollars was the goal, there is no way you should opt out at all. And what would be the benifit of signing max year without a sign and trade as opposed to signing for 4 with an opt out clause as he did this time?

I probably should go find that Phisto thread.

SD:

You have to opt out to trigger the max .

It allows the Home team to give him more than any other bid.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Mon May 17, 2010 10:42 am

Orenthal wrote:

He's The Answer as far as his agent's wildest financial dreams.

That's all that matters guys, but I'm guessing you learned this lesson a long time ago. We can't put our values in these men.

Just accept, and be pleasantly surprised if a mirical happens. Unless yer herm and Doug, then go kick a dog.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA