Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

ferry probably gone too?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

ferry probably gone too?

Unread postby jb » Fri May 14, 2010 11:37 am

rampant speculation on rbs
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: ferry probably gone too?

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 11:40 am

Depending on the coach, yes. Top flight coach might, might want control, gotta give it to him, no?

If it is a Calipari hire then Ferry should just leave, that has used car salesman and hostage written all over it, no?

IMO I almost want to this become a Gilbert v LeBron saga, if Gilbert feels deceived he should, and he has money to put up a good fight.

Who gets the ring first Gilbert or LeBron, I like the sound of it.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri May 14, 2010 11:42 am

I think Brown is gone first and foremost. Than Gilbert and Ferry will sit down and decide what path is best to go down, along w/ James. If it's decided that the Spurs way is not working, expect Ferry to contact an real estate agent.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby noles1 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:43 am

Ferry may make one last ditch effort in a call down to Durham. (Where he will get a polite, "no, thank you")

That said, Danny's got too much class to ever think of doing it before Mike is gone. Not sure that his writing won't be on the wall after that so he maynot bother though.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 11:47 am

If Lebron leaves why bother? Doesn't matter who is coach or who is GM, its going to take a few years to even tear it down. Ferry built it up might as well let him tear it down. No reason to pay someone else to do the destruction. Hell really if Lebron doesnt come back you might as well keep Brown to save on the salary, maybe make up for the playoff game revenue I am sure Gilbert was banking on.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Fri May 14, 2010 11:49 am

jb wrote:rampant speculation on rbs

Good point made by Riz, calling into his own show. Lebron can leave the 30 mil on the table and make up for it with a couple new endorsements and this incident that was the second round is not going to be what defines him. I think if this happened in LA or NY then maybe it could, but since it happened here, it will be forgotten eventually. I personally don't think he cares about an extra 30 mil either. And the more I think of it, as much as he says he loves Cleveland, there's no way he's going to do a sign and trade, strictly for the power play. At this point I'm ready to move on without him, maybe the Q won't be a circus environment with some blowhard male cheerleader and fire being shot up like a WWE event, and the focus can be put back on the basketball, and the pre Lebron fans.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Fuck the sign and trade, if he wants to go, make him go with out his contract. U,nless he can somehow in one trade, manage to gut our roster and get us 4 lottery picks. Anything less he can kiss my ass. Make up the money endorsing Malnati's pizza.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Fri May 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Ziner wrote:Fuck the sign and trade, if he wants to go, make him go with out his contract. U,nless he can somehow in one trade, manage to gut our roster and get us 4 lottery picks. Anything less he can kiss my ass. Make up the money endorsing Malnati's pizza.

More than likely how it will go down, part of me would like to see Gilbert tell him to GFY if he comes to him with the sign and trade proposal, just so someone can finally say no to him.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:14 pm

Ziner wrote:Fuck the sign and trade, if he wants to go, make him go with out his contract. U,nless he can somehow in one trade, manage to gut our roster and get us 4 lottery picks. Anything less he can kiss my ass. Make up the money endorsing Malnati's pizza.

That would be beyond retarded Ziner, use your head.

The sign and trade would at least give us a big as trade exemption would could use to buy draft picks from teams trying to shed salary, ala the Presti Plan.

http://www.frontofficefans.com/2010/4/2 ... presti-the
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 12:22 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:

That would be beyond retarded Ziner, use your head.

The sign and trade would at least give us a big as trade exemption would could use to buy draft picks from teams trying to shed salary, ala the Presti Plan.

http://www.frontofficefans.com/2010/4/2 ... presti-the

Well obviously I was exaggerating, I get a 24 hour window to be irrational. I guess I didnt know the true benefits of the trade exceptions or how you obtain them. Thanks
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby daddywags » Fri May 14, 2010 12:26 pm

If LeBron leaves, I'd like to see Ferry get a chance to build a team from scratch the right way, when he doesn't have to worry about "win next year" or "win this year" at all costs. Somehow, I don't think that meshes well with his GM personality.
daddywags

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri May 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Interesting situation a brewing now that Brown is officially out.

Could the Cavs wait around and see if Phil Jackson will be leaving LA? There's only a 10% chance of that happening, but I believe if he came here, we would win a title that very year.

Coach K. ain't happening, he's probably very happy down in Durham and probably sees no need for it.

Calipari seems a viable option at this point, but, I believe we'll be third in line for his services. The Bulls being numero uno, who are a good team and could be contenders very soon, you add the fact that Rose is already there waiting for him there, and then you have the Nets who are probably most likely landing Wall in the draft. Why would he be third in line? Well, if LeBron hasn't commited to the idea of sticking around, why would he come here to potentially be foiled.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby jb » Mon May 17, 2010 10:11 am

The reality is that we can't do squat until Bron deems the org worthy of an answer.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA