Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 14, 2010 12:11 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who is Wine & Gold?

Supposedly works for the org in some manner, or is otherwise very close to the team. Usually his info is pretty reliable...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:14 am

Orenthal wrote:

Supposedly works for the org in some manner, or is otherwise very close to the team. Usually his info is pretty reliable...

He hasn't given up any real info since the Ben Wallace deal. He is a talking piece used to feed the fans info that is mean to push them in one direction or another, typically that info is centered around spin jobs.

He is no more a real source of information than Cavs.com at this point and that is why I quit bothering to read him.

BTW: for years he has posted the exact opposite of what was dropped above. The complete and utter exact opposite w/ plenty of 100% promises.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby noles1 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:15 am

Bron talking about having the "right mindset" heading into the off-season "Festivities"

Hey Bron, where was the right mindset for this series?

Overall though, the interview was blah. Nothing to deduce from it other than it was significantly different in my eyes from his demeanor this year to last year's.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 14, 2010 12:15 am

I just cannot get myself too worked up over some guy. He may be the King and I have huge respect for him as a player, but for some reason it just doesn't bother me if he leaves. I won't wait in line, and I just don't worry about what these, media whore type people do...

No hate, don't know if that makes sense to anyone...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 14, 2010 12:15 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
Orenthal wrote:

He hasn't given up any real info since the Ben Wallace deal. He is a talking piece used to feed the fans info that is mean to push them in one direction or another, typically that info is centered around spin jobs.

He is no more a real source of information than Cavs.com at this point and that is why I quit bothering to read him.

BTW: for years he has posted the exact opposite of what was dropped above. The complete and utter exact opposite w/ plenty of 100% promises.

So you're sayin he really don't knwo any more than rest of us?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 14, 2010 12:16 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
Orenthal wrote:

Okay I stopped paying attention to him around the 2009 trade deadline, almost shaq deal, thanks for the heads up.

Too hard to deal with RCF...
Last edited by Orenthal on Fri May 14, 2010 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:16 am

noles1 wrote:Overall though, the interview was blah. Nothing to deduce from it other than it was significantly different in my eyes from his demeanor this year to last year's.

That is what is sticking w/ me more than even the loss.

WTF happened there?

It's beyond puzzling and the first thing that has made me think he may actually be gone.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:18 am

Let's put it this way, this summer he says Eyenga was the best player he had ever seen when considering that he had only been playing hoops for a couple of years.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby CP » Fri May 14, 2010 12:18 am

The only thing he did during that interview of note was throw Brown under the bus for his failure to maneuver and adjust in-game. Gilbert officially has 45 days to bring in a head coach that will convince LBJ that he can win here.
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 14, 2010 12:19 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Let's put it this way, this summer he says Eyenga was the best player he had ever seen when considering that he had only been playing hoops for a couple of years.

lofl.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:20 am

CP wrote:The only thing he did during that interview of note was throw Brown under the bus for his failure to maneuver and adjust in-game. Gilbert officially has 45 days to bring in a head coach that will convince LBJ that he can win here.

This opens a whole nother can of worms.

You cannot hire a coach w/ out LBJ in tow and you cannot get LBJ in tow w/out a coach.

This is going to be a dog chasing its tail situation and I'm not looking forward to it.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:20 am

W&G is a disgrace and all those dopes over at RCF are effin morons for treating him like they do.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:21 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
CP wrote:The only thing he did during that interview of note was throw Brown under the bus for his failure to maneuver and adjust in-game. Gilbert officially has 45 days to bring in a head coach that will convince LBJ that he can win here.

This opens a whole nother can of worms.

You cannot hire a coach w/ out LBJ in tow and you cannot get LBJ in tow w/out a coach.

This is going to be a dog chasing its tail situation and I'm not looking forward to it.

Nah. You just get em both in the same room with the contracts on the table.
aoxo1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:21 am

Yeah but how do you find the guy LBJ wants w/out him on board?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 12:22 am

Judging by W&G's record I think it was the best thing he could say.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby noles1 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:25 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
noles1 wrote:Overall though, the interview was blah. Nothing to deduce from it other than it was significantly different in my eyes from his demeanor this year to last year's.

WTF happened there?

It's beyond puzzling and the first thing that has made me think he may actually be gone.

The difference between Game 3 Lebron and the rest of this series was literally the most drastic change in a player I have ever seen. Any sport.

The more I look back at it, I wonder if it actually had more to do with Jay-Z being there then anything else?

I mean, that sounds INSANE but the more thought I give, it's the most plausible explanation I can come up with. He played 5 other "blah" games really except for when Hova was there.

The guy has become a full-fledged enigma in the span of 10 days. More so then he ever was in the past.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Unread postby CP » Fri May 14, 2010 12:25 am

e0y2e3 wrote:This opens a whole nother can of worms.

Yeah, hopefully the organization has already laid the behind-the-scenes groundwork for this. This will be an excruciating offseason where Chicago and Cleveland will most obviously be fighting for the same player/coach combination.

The question the Bulls will have to answer for LBJ is where the rest of the roster is going to come from. He'll be the 8th guy under contract for that team if he just signs a FA deal, which is why I think the Bulls' best chance is to sign Wade to a max deal and somehow work a sign & trade with Cleveland for LeBron's services.
CP

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 12:28 am

We have enough threads, I hate starting new ones on days like this. I feel too much like Souldawg when I do that.

So....

Worst decision of the Lebron era

1. Boozer

2. Hughes/Marshall/Amon Ones

3. Lowballing the shit out of GS when we were interested in Stephen Jackson when he was available

4. Not firing Roker after Orlando last year

(I am assuming we did all we could with Amare and Shaq was the best we could do with the expirings)

I really cant make up my mind.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 12:28 am

CP wrote:

Yeah, hopefully the organization has already laid the behind-the-scenes groundwork for this. This will be an excruciating offseason where Chicago and Cleveland will most obviously be fighting for the same player/coach combination.

The question the Bulls will have to answer for LBJ is where the rest of the roster is going to come from. He'll be the 8th guy under contract for that team if he just signs a FA deal, which is why I think the Bulls' best chance is to sign Wade to a max deal and somehow work a sign & trade with Cleveland for LeBron's services.
Larry Brown will be getting a phone call before Monday morning. Trust me.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby CP » Fri May 14, 2010 12:29 am

Has to be Boozer decision. That caused the cap room and subsequent maneuvering for #2 and #3.
CP

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:29 am

Letting Wally expire for nothing was epically bad.

I mean epic.

The way this team is and was constructed you cannot just burn one of your three roster manipulation devices.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:30 am

noles1 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:

WTF happened there?

The difference between Game 3 Lebron and the rest of this series was literally the most drastic change in a player I have ever seen. Any sport.

The more I look back at it, I wonder if it actually had more to do with Jay-Z being there then anything else?

I mean, that sounds INSANE but the more thought I give, it's the most plausible explanation I can come up with. He played 5 other "blah" games really except for when Hova was there.

The guy has become a full-fledged enigma in the span of 10 days. More so then he ever was in the past.

I don't think I'll ever understand this series unless somehow W&G is right and LBJ just quit on the team and coach while dreaming of NYC of Chicago.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:31 am

Luke Jackson.
Jiri Welsch.
aoxo1

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 12:31 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Letting Wally expire for nothing was epically bad.

I mean epic.

The way this team is and was constructed you cannot just burn one of your three roster manipulation devices.

But the CHEMISTRY!!!
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 14, 2010 12:33 am

aoxo1 wrote:Luke Jackson.
Jiri Welsch.

Fuckin A.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:35 am

Side note: I hate following athletes on Twitter but have made an exception for KD. He's pretty amusing and he just said he wouldn't want LBJ on the Thunder.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:35 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Letting Wally expire for nothing was epically bad.

I mean epic.

Fuck, forgot about that.

Good pull and spot on the last particular point there. The way we set this roster up, you cannot afford to NOT trade chips and peices.

Any possibility that JJ could be sign-and-traded for a valuable peice? Not sure that there's anything to move with.
noles1

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 12:35 am

The other possible angle is the Calipari stuff and his agent being present IIRC, was that Windy that brought up that whole thing? Implying LeBron was put in a very uncomfortable position.

?

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:38 am

Cal has been one of WWWes' best friends forever, him being there means between nothing and nothing.

That's why LBJ shows up at every other home Kentucky game and why everyone though Wall would sign w/ his group (even though he ultimately and shockingly spurned them)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:38 am

What e0y said. I can't and don't understand it.

Still.

10 minutes left in what was a winnable game and he still had a 1,000 yard stare. The press conference was gloom and doom in a way unrelated to the series. Like he was uncomfortable about having to tell his kids the dog died. Even in there he had a presence that was almost shame and it wasn't shame in how that series went down.

It reeked of resignation.

I don't want to think about the immediate or long term future of this club with that guy gone elsewhere. I don't want to think about the long term effect on the city and potentially other sports franchises.

Call it whistling past the graveyard, but I'm hoping that over the next seven weeks cooler heads prevail and some rational thought is thrown down on all sides. Most of all, I can't stand to hear the noise for the next seven weeks.

You think losing this series and this season like they did was unbearable? Just wait and see how miserable the next couple months are. There will be no escape short of taking off and spending the summer in some cabin in remote British Columbia.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:40 am

I don't know if you realize this peek, but they got the internet in Canada now.
aoxo1

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 12:41 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Cal has been one of WWWes' best friends forever, him being there means between nothing and nothing.

That's why LBJ shows up at every other home Kentucky game and why everyone though Wall would sign w/ his group (even though he ultimately and shockingly spurned them)

That's why I asked, didn't know much about that situation.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 14, 2010 12:42 am

FUDU wrote:The other possible angle is the Calipari stuff and his agent being present IIRC, was that Windy that brought up that whole thing? Implying LeBron was put in a very uncomfortable position.

?

Drennan has been going on and on about how tight Calipari and LBJ are.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri May 14, 2010 12:43 am

peeker643 wrote:What e0y said. I can't and don't understand it.

Still.

10 minutes left in what was a winnable game and he still had a 1,000 yard stare. The press conference was gloom and doom in a way unrelated to the series. Like he was uncomfortable about having to tell his kids the dog died. Even in there he had a presence that was almost shame and it wasn't shame in how that series went down.

I don't want to think about the immediate or long term future of this club with that guy gone elsewhere. I don't want to think about the long term effect on the city and potentially other sports franchises.

Call it whistling past the graveyard, but I'm hoping that over the next seven weeks cooler heads prevail and some rational thought is thrown down on all sides. Most of all, I can't stand to hear the noise for the next seven weeks.

You think losing this series and this season like they did was unbearable? Just wait and see how miserable the next couple months are. There will be no escape short of taking off and spending the summer in some cabin in remote British Columbia.

'Tis true that LBJ skipping town is a blow, but this city's sports conscious was alive and well before LBJ showed up, and it will be alive and well after he leaves.

Sucks he's gone.

Life goes on.

Go Browns.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:44 am

FWIW: my blind aunt that doesn't exist could see that blank stare on LBJ's face this series and the withdrawn actions that became his shadow. That's why I put about as much faith in W&G actually knowing something as I do SSS having watched a Cavs game before 2003.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Fri May 14, 2010 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby daddywags » Fri May 14, 2010 12:45 am

FUDU wrote:
CP wrote:

Larry Brown will be getting a phone call before Monday morning. Trust me.

I thought LeBron and Larry Brown didn't get along from their days on the 2004 Olympic team?
daddywags

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 14, 2010 12:49 am

Still.

+ alot

Pretty much sums it up for me. As long as the team stays, i'm good.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:50 am

Hikohadon wrote:

Still.

'Tis true that LBJ skipping town is a blow, but this city's sports conscious was alive and well before LBJ showed up, and it will be alive and well after he leaves.

Sucks he's gone.

Life goes on.

Go Browns.

The city doesn't have a sports conscious, they bandwagon two teams when the going is good and follow a franchise run about as horribly as a professional franchise could be into the fire for no good reason annually.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri May 14, 2010 12:54 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Still.

Sucks he's gone.

Life goes on.

Go Browns.

The city doesn't have a sports conscious, they bandwagon two teams when the going is good and follow a franchise run about as horribly as a professional franchise could be into the fire for no good reason annually.

Exactly. That's the city's sports conscious.

That's how we'll somehow "survive" LBJ's defection.

The Cavs & Injuns come & go. For better or for worse, this is a football town.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Fri May 14, 2010 1:30 am

Simply don’t believe he was afraid. Maybe he was conspiring to tank to grease his exit, but couldn't he do that just as easily with a championship in his pocket, or a balls to the wall failed effort? Only thing that makes any sense is he was hurt. He shot beautifully in game 3, smooth and confident. He could barely hit the rim in game 5.

He's still not off the hook, though. If he could have put up an effort like tonight at home in game 5, instead of looking shell shocked and sullen, he there was a better chance of the rest of the team stepping up at home than tonight on the road. We might have won at home with him at 60% like tonight. Did he hurt much more Tues.? He owes us an explanation, but of course, only if he leaves. If he stays, I'll be much more willing to forgive and assume it was the elbow. Also, why no Cortisone or Lidocaine shot if the elbow really wasn't structurally worse than he said. Again, I'd like to know.

I can't believe he goes to Chi, and is forever in MJ's shadow. He dreams of MSG, and he wears a Yankee hat. Chi just doesn't make sense.

Ok, and finally, could this team win with a healthy LB. You all know what I think of Ferry and the current roster. But with LB, who knows? Does LB? Say he doesn't think we're good enough. What drastic action can be taken?

Well, how about strong arming Miami or Toronto. How about LB telling Wade or Bosh or Joe Johnson or Boozer, I’m staying, and I want to play with you. Tell your team either work a sign and trade with Cle, or that you walk to NY. Period. Then LB could really claim to be a tycoon on the Buffet level. Details could be worked out, expirings, draft picks, 3d party teams. Put a gun top their heads and see what happens. Would Ferry pull it off? Of course not.
Frank Duffy

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Hargrove

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Fri May 14, 2010 6:14 am

I cannot believe the lack of fight the Cavs put up not just in this game but especially last night.
There was never a heightened level of intensity or a sense of urgency from anyone, mainly because there was such apathy and lethargy from LeBron, I think his seemingly lack of interest and poor effort infected the rest of the team who feed off him.
Some leader you are LeBron. I even clocked him moaning at his team-mates for his own mistakes.

What another waste of a season.
Cavs didn't look like the Cavs of this year in this series.
They weren't dynamic, moving the ball well, fast paced or cohesive.

They looked broken up and in games 5 and 6 like a team already beaten, going through it's death throes.

I'm quite disgusted and it's plain to see the coaching staff needs a massive overhaul and we need a young dominant big like Bosh. (If LeBron does stay that is)
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Fri May 14, 2010 6:17 am

Hikohadon wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Still.

Sucks he's gone.

Life goes on.

Go Browns.

You only have Cleveland sports mediocrity to lament about if LeBron leaves

I've got West Brom fighting relegation in the Premier League next season and England's guaranteed loss on penalties in the semis of the World Cup this summer

I need LBJ more than anyone lol
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Cleveland Transplant » Fri May 14, 2010 6:34 am

I think Ferry has did what all he could do. I still liked the Shaq and Jamison moves this year. We played well against the Magic, Lakers, and Celtics this season. Even that loss to the Celtics in April - we still nearly beat them with 3 of our starters out. This team, as it was built, can win it all.

I don't agree with Garnett's assessment on loyalty and youth. The difference between here and Minnesota is that we have an owner driven to win and has put his money where his mouth is. Nobody can't say that this owner doesn't care and hasn't done everything in his power to treat LBJ and his family right, and to win a championship. Jordan, Bird, Magic...they all had loyalty and they all won.

But this team doesn't show up in the playoffs. And for the past two weeks, LBJ's behavior is been inexplicable. It's bizarre, even. This team quit this series. I don't know if LBJ has checked out or is injured that badly, I don't know if there's a mutiny against Mike Brown, or if this team doesn't have the mental toughness to win in the playoffs.

I can handle losing to a better team. I give the Celtics all the credit for being hungry and the world class defense they displayed. But I know this team can, at the very least, compete with the Celtics and the rest of the league. What I CAN'T handle is quitting. And this team, and LBJ specifically, quit on us.

If he goes, he goes. I'm resigned to that now. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but as a native Clevelander, you tend to get used to it. LBJ has brought this all on himself - the good, the bad, and the ugly. It would be a relief to all parties if he would just stop with the circus and attention whoring and make his intentions clear. Just end it because, I'm sick of it. And if he's going to quit on us - then good riddance. Cleveland might be a lot of things - but one thing I know for certain growing up there that it is not a town of quitters.

There's going to be a lot of major reconstructioning whether or not LBJ stays or goes. So lets do it so we can start to move on - with or without LBJ.

/random 6:30 am thoughts
Cleveland Transplant

Unread postby waborat » Fri May 14, 2010 7:01 am

Hikohadon wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Still.

Sucks he's gone.

Life goes on.

Go Browns.

IF he does take off this summer then this will be the first time since the early 70s that all 3 of our sport's teams will really suck together (other than a year here and there)...

We would then have to put all of our trust into a dude who doesn't even play the game on the lakefront...

Could be some of the darkest days ahead in this town
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Fri May 14, 2010 7:07 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:

I've got West Brom fighting relegation in the Premier League next season and England's guaranteed loss on penalties in the semis of the World Cup this summer

We know the US will get hosed if they get anywhere near the knockout round...but at least the guaranteed 6 points for Stoke makes me feel better...thanks.
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Favorite Player: Howard Baldwin
Least Favorite Player: the Prom Queen's ego

Unread postby Cleveland Transplant » Fri May 14, 2010 7:18 am

waborat wrote:Could be some of the darkest days ahead in this town

Remember just 3 short years ago how everything was looking up in Cleveland sports? Indians one win away from the World Series, Browns in the playoffs, Cavaliers in the Finals....

Depressing.
Cleveland Transplant

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:

We know the US will get hosed if they get anywhere near the knockout round...but at least the guaranteed 6 points for Stoke makes me feel better...thanks.

hahahahaha
cheeky Americano

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Fri May 14, 2010 7:33 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:
hahahahaha
cheeky Americano

Need I remind you that City legends Gordon Banks, George Eastham, and Tony Waddington all plied their trade in Cleveland?
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Favorite Player: Howard Baldwin
Least Favorite Player: the Prom Queen's ego

Unread postby papacass » Fri May 14, 2010 7:34 am

Ziner wrote:We have enough threads, I hate starting new ones on days like this. I feel too much like Souldawg when I do that.

So....

Worst decision of the Lebron era

1. Boozer

2. Hughes/Marshall/Amon Ones

3. Lowballing the shit out of GS when we were interested in Stephen Jackson when he was available

4. Not firing Roker after Orlando last year.

5. Deciding to not show up against Boston in the playoffs.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Fri May 14, 2010 7:54 am

I'm just gonna save a lot of time and just say that I'm melting. I'm melting the fuck down. Nothing about this series made sense to me all the way down to how Lebron walked off the court. Puzzling to say the least. At this point, I'm just assuming that LBJ is gone but hoping against hope that he makes me a liar. God I hope he does. Lebron was suppose to break the curse but instead he just added one of the most depressing chapters to it on his way out the door (possibly).

Get ready for a NBA/Star Wars take. This reminds me of when Obi Wan cut off Anakins legs and screamed, "You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. You were to bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness!" but instead it's Dan Gilbert throwing all his money at LBJ and Lebron still walking away and Ferry yelling, "You were the chosen one! It was said that you would destroy the Celtics, not join the Nets. You were to bring championships to the Cavs, not lay an egg on your way out!"

Yea I know. I'm sorry lol.
Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA