Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

I give. He's gone.

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

I give. He's gone.

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 10:59 pm

That is all.

Post in August after what life there is goes on.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: I give. He's gone.

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:03 pm

The only question is whether he informed all of these guys in the huddle as the game wound down.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Doc » Thu May 13, 2010 11:06 pm

aoxo1 wrote:The only question is whether he informed all of these guys in the huddle as the game wound down.

Well, it sure looked like it. This really happened.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 13, 2010 11:08 pm

I need to think more before I make my decision on his decision
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby JoJo White » Thu May 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Windhorst said something cryptic towards the end of Simmons' podcast today, not exactly sure what he meant.

But Windy said he's working on another book and suggested it wouldn't have a happy ending.

If anything could be a book, it could be the whole Lebron to NYC saga, and maybe Windy is reading the tea leaves.

Or maybe I just believe in helicopters negra too much.
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu May 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Here we go brownies! Here we go! woof! woof!
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby RedDawg » Thu May 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Shaking the hands of the Boston fans.
Flipping his headband into their crowd.
Taking his Cleveland Cavalier jersey off as fast as he could.

Sure looked like he's decided to leave.
RedDawg

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Rapistberger

Unread postby Ziner » Thu May 13, 2010 11:19 pm

I can't wait until JJ Hickson gets his rightful spot on the TCF Rushmore.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu May 13, 2010 11:22 pm

Ziner wrote:I can't wait until JJ Hickson gets his rightful spot on the TCF Rushmore.

be careful what you wish for!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Ziner wrote:I can't wait until JJ Hickson gets his rightful spot on the TCF Rushmore.

Now that's fucking funny.

I'm gonna smoke another joint and down some Wild Turkey.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:29 pm

If he does, his legacy WILL be tarnished. This embarrassment is on 23 and stays with him with a bigger stink by him bolting. I can't imagine only Clevelanders will view him as a villain if he's off winning in NY and the franchise he left behind collapses.
metalhead9x9

Favorite Player: Schaudenfraude
Least Favorite Player: Jeffrey Maier

Unread postby daddywags » Thu May 13, 2010 11:44 pm

I want to know what the truth is about his elbow first. Maybe I'm delusional, but I really doubt that LeBron wants to walk away from the first goal he set as an NBA player without accomplishing it. He passed up jumper after jumper tonight, almost (but not quite) as bad as he did in game 5. Heck, several times he had an open jumper at the key and instead of taking it he threw the ball to a covered guy in the corner. I know he likes to get teammates involved in the offense, but when crunch time comes he's usually ready to shoot from pretty much anywhere on the court. Not tonight, for whatever reason.
daddywags

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Still not convinced he is gone, although I think the chances increased, but there are way too many unknowns. One thing is for certain this org. needs to react quickly to this sudden collapse and I think they just might.

I wouldn't be surprised if MB is fired before tomorrow morning or sometime tomorrow ASAP. Which leads to a question for those of you up to speed on these things, the next coach...has to be a top flight one for many reasons, most importantly b/c it could be the difference in LeBron staying or leaving. So I'll just say his name, Larry Brown. What is the deal with his situation? I know MJ loves him, but let's face it money talks and Larry is a notorious nomad. IMO his numbers don't back up his legacy as one might think, but bottom line is he can coach and has experience with big name players.

Gilbert has to have a plan B, right, even if it was contrived this week due to the recent fall out of this season. I would think part of that plan is to get a coach in here that can not only coach a basketball team but coach one with LeBron on it and fulfill LeBron's potential.

Next question, LeBron, is it possible he has not signed off on these roster "upgrades" the past few years but being the classy professional he is keeps his mouth shut? Meanwhile is he furious with these supporting casts that only Cleveland fans think is strong enough to get the job done. Is he looking at another 2 year window of missing pieces parts and saying WTF, I can go through this somewhere else? B/C let's face it folks it looks painstakingly obvious we are not that good from 2-12. Hubie Brown made the point on Rome today, and it is tough to argue, name one guy on this roster that would start for the Lakers (besides LeBron), name two that would start for Boston.

Lots of variables here and IMO a lot more angles in the mix due to the way this all crumbled.

Oh and did Andy just shoot the final shot of the season for us for the 3rd time in 4 post seasons? ::doh:; Fitting.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby papacass » Fri May 14, 2010 12:02 am

FUDU wrote:Still not convinced he is gone, although I think the chances increased, but there are way too many unknowns. One thing is for certain this org. needs to react quickly to this sudden collapse and I think they just might.

Question is, other than firing Roker, how do you react quickly to a collapse when the centerpiece of your organization, the guy you are now scrambling to keep, was one of the two main culprits in said collapse?
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:03 am

daddywags wrote:I want to know what the truth is about his elbow first. Maybe I'm delusional, but I really doubt that LeBron wants to walk away from the first goal he set as an NBA player without accomplishing it. He passed up jumper after jumper tonight, almost (but not quite) as bad as he did in game 5. Heck, several times he had an open jumper at the key and instead of taking it he threw the ball to a covered guy in the corner. I know he likes to get teammates involved in the offense, but when crunch time comes he's usually ready to shoot from pretty much anywhere on the court. Not tonight, for whatever reason.

SD:

The Elbow is just an out Daddy.

Convenient excuse to say he did his best as he sings Cleveland the swan song.

YMMV.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 12:07 am

papacass wrote:
FUDU wrote:Still not convinced he is gone, although I think the chances increased, but there are way too many unknowns. One thing is for certain this org. needs to react quickly to this sudden collapse and I think they just might.

Question is, other than firing Roker, how do you react quickly to a collapse when the centerpiece of your organization, the guy you are now scrambling to keep, was one of the two main culprits in said collapse?

Well that comes down to determining if their was tension between those two culprits, which IMO there was, judging from this week. Seems obvious now but as a fan we get caught up in the 6 game win streaks, player of the month after month stuff and HCA.

Something is up between MB and LBJ.

In the search for a new coach, a top flight one, does that then put Ferry at risk? I mean if a Larry Brown was interested, but wanted control, Ferry has to be gone right? Assuming LeBron has fully committed to staying if he was in the know.

FUDU

Unread postby ajunior148 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:11 am

Why are we making the assumption that he is gone, again?
ajunior148

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri May 14, 2010 12:13 am

The entire last seven years has felt like this segment in "Twilight Zone: the Movie" where the kid forces his family to be characters in his own personal video game.

I'm tired of the entire circus. I want to start over. If LeBron had a shred of decency he'd get us a S&T, but we know he doesn't and won't.

Build us a team of guys we can identify with and be proud of that isn't reviled and ridiculed and I'll get down with it.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 12:14 am

ajunior148 wrote:Why are we making the assumption that he is gone, again?

You talking about MB? I assume yes, here is why, coaches coach, players play. You have the most dangerous player in the game, most dominant when he is right, the difference maker. You have a coach that is average to good, rarely the difference maker. From a winning standpoint and a business standpoint you have to get rid of MB, again assuming if keeping MB is a threat to LeBron's future here.

FUDU

Unread postby CP » Fri May 14, 2010 12:15 am

We, as Cleveland fans, only can identify with losers. Why? Because that's all we have had for generations.

There is no maneuvering that can occur over the next 5 years that would make this team, sans LeBron, better than it is right now with him.
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 14, 2010 12:20 am

hermanfontenot wrote:The entire last seven years has felt like this segment in "Twilight Zone: the Movie" where the kid forces his family to be characters in his own personal video game.

I'm tired of the entire circus. I want to start over. If LeBron had a shred of decency he'd get us a S&T, but we know he doesn't and won't.

Build us a team of guys we can identify with and be proud of that isn't reviled and ridiculed and I'll get down with it.

I think this sums up why I don't really care if he leaves. Perfectly. The only place I differ from Herm is that I don't really lothe the guy personally, and would be happy if he stayed. But damn if that doesn't nail why I am not melting/ledgin' on the possibilty he leave, just so apethetic...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 12:21 am

Oh and mark my words, if LeBron does leave in his presser that day he will lay down some stuff that infuriates this fan base. He will either imply or straight shoot the fact that he felt let down or betrayed at the end of this run here. There is no doubt he will give Akron its love but as far as CTown he'll get a jab in there, b/c as he has said he has little allegiance to the city of Cleveland. I sensed this this week, in particular when he made the spoiled comments.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 14, 2010 12:22 am

All I care about is the Cavs staying in Cleveland.

I've watched them since I was a kid and I don't want to lose 'em.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby daddywags » Fri May 14, 2010 12:23 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
daddywags wrote:I want to know what the truth is about his elbow first. Maybe I'm delusional, but I really doubt that LeBron wants to walk away from the first goal he set as an NBA player without accomplishing it. He passed up jumper after jumper tonight, almost (but not quite) as bad as he did in game 5. Heck, several times he had an open jumper at the key and instead of taking it he threw the ball to a covered guy in the corner. I know he likes to get teammates involved in the offense, but when crunch time comes he's usually ready to shoot from pretty much anywhere on the court. Not tonight, for whatever reason.

SD:

YMMV.

SoulDawg

But why? If he wants to leave in free agency he can do that just as well after winning (or doing his best to win) a championship as not. If he's just mad at Mike Brown is he so mad at him that he's willing to intentionally piss on all those kids in Akron who went on bike rides with him over the years and played in his local basketball clinics? Bring me something that makes sense - not just that LeBron suddenly decided that he wanted to piss on all the local folks he's spent so much time cultivating as fans for 10 years, because that doesn't make sense. YMMV.
daddywags

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 14, 2010 12:24 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:All I care about is the Cavs staying in Cleveland.

I've watched them since I was a kid and I don't want to lose 'em.

Although Pros said these are the weakest takes...

+1,000,001 to CDT...

My take exactly!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri May 14, 2010 12:26 am

Good fucking lord I hope all the recent additions leave soon. They will eventually, but it may take awhile.

At least want them to leave before I end up fully embracing my inner Fear The Dear fandom.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 12:27 am

I understand what Herm, OJ and CDT are saying. My issue is, with the formula for winning a championship in this league the odds of us landing two stars with sufficient talent around them are astronomical. I mean everybody remembers how we got LeBron right? We know the list of big name players that have signed in Cleveland before and after him, right?

FUDU

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 14, 2010 12:28 am

Just have to treat all his threads and posts, like that gem he started about the last 2 minutes.
Orenthal

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri May 14, 2010 12:31 am

FUDU wrote:Oh and mark my words, if LeBron does leave in his presser that day he will lay down some stuff that infuriates this fan base. He will either imply or straight shoot the fact that he felt let down or betrayed at the end of this run here. There is no doubt he will give Akron its love but as far as CTown he'll get a jab in there, b/c as he has said he has little allegiance to the city of Cleveland. I sensed this this week, in particular when he made the spoiled comments.

I tend to think he's going to spin that he didn't have enough help- and people are going to buy it.

Windy is wrong. This won't be a permanent stain on his legacy. If he goes to another team and wins a title all this will be buried.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 14, 2010 12:32 am

FUDU wrote:I understand what Herm, OJ and CDT are saying. My issue is, with the formula for winning a championship in this league the odds of us landing two stars with sufficient talent around them are astronomical. I mean everybody remembers how we got LeBron right? We know the list of big name players that have signed in Cleveland before and after him, right?

I know all the logic and stuff, I just am not going to get in a tizzy over this guy, just will not happen, not today not ever... Worrying about the star athlete died in like the freaking 6th grade when they cut Bernie, it isn't worth the stress to my brain cells.

When the chips fall, I will look for and post what I feel are the best options for the team. That is all I care about, the team. I won't get to gassed thinking about what he may do between now and July 1st. Just too long for a single person, no one is worth that... IMO
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri May 14, 2010 12:34 am

hermanfontenot wrote:
FUDU wrote:Oh and mark my words, if LeBron does leave in his presser that day he will lay down some stuff that infuriates this fan base. He will either imply or straight shoot the fact that he felt let down or betrayed at the end of this run here. There is no doubt he will give Akron its love but as far as CTown he'll get a jab in there, b/c as he has said he has little allegiance to the city of Cleveland. I sensed this this week, in particular when he made the spoiled comments.

I tend to think he's going to spin that he didn't have enough help- and people are going to buy it.

Windy is wrong. This won't be a permanent stain on his legacy. If he goes to another team and wins a title all this will be buried.

Buried in the montage of other Cleveland moments. I'm starting to feel proud we have failed so epically so many times. No other city could pull that off. We win at losing.
Orenthal

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri May 14, 2010 12:36 am

hermanfontenot wrote:Windy is wrong. This won't be a permanent stain on his legacy. If he goes to another team and wins a title all this will be buried.

To be fair, Windy said that too. "This will be a permanent stain on his legacy... unless he wins a Championship."
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 12:37 am

I know all the logic and stuff, I just am not going to get in a tizzy over this guy, just will not happen, not today not ever... Worrying about the star athlete died in like the freaking 6th grade when they cut Bernie, it isn't worth the stress to my brain cells.

When the chips fall, I will look for and post what I feel are the best options for the team. That is all I care about, the team. I won't get to gassed thinking about what he may do between now and July 1st. Just too long for a single person, no one is worth that... IMO
I here ya.

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 12:39 am

FWIW I just got a text Mike Brown has been fired. Respectable source. Just sayin.

Keep ears open.

FUDU

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri May 14, 2010 12:39 am

FUDU wrote:I understand what Herm, OJ and CDT are saying. My issue is, with the formula for winning a championship in this league the odds of us landing two stars with sufficient talent around them are astronomical. I mean everybody remembers how we got LeBron right? We know the list of big name players that have signed in Cleveland before and after him, right?

Well, we just have to get shitty enough to get back in the Lottery, hope we don't come up with a bunch of Trajan Langdon-types and go from there.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Unread postby CP » Fri May 14, 2010 12:41 am

FUDU wrote:FWIW I just got a text Mike Brown has been fired. Respectable source. Just sayin.

Keep ears open.

Don't doubt that news is coming sooner rather than later.
CP

Unread postby CP » Fri May 14, 2010 12:42 am

For the record, if not for this whole LeBron free agency thing, the feeling of relief when Mike Brown is fired is almost going to equal the feeling of relief I got when Eric Wedge was canned.
CP

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 12:43 am

CP wrote:
FUDU wrote:FWIW I just got a text Mike Brown has been fired. Respectable source. Just sayin.

Keep ears open.

Not trying to be that guy, but my source has been telling me this all night, so I figured I'd share it, since some of you are good at finding this type of info better than I, or at least care to find it.

ETA: more stuff going round, sounds really bad, but not going to speculate any further until I hear the first rumor is substantiated.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri May 14, 2010 12:55 am

FUDU wrote:
CP wrote:

Keep ears open.

Not trying to be that guy, but my source has been telling me this all night, so I figured I'd share it, since some of you are good at finding this type of info better than I, or at least care to find it.

ETA: more stuff going round, sounds really bad, but not going to speculate any further until I hear the first rumor is substantiated.

For the record, I'm pretty sure most of have assumed the really bad for a while now.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 12:58 am

Keep ears open.

They just better do it by Monday cause my buddy will owe me a beer.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 1:09 am

If what I am hearing is true, this org. is moving at warp speed right now.

FUDU

Unread postby Hikohadon » Fri May 14, 2010 1:12 am

FUDU wrote:If what I am hearing is true, this org. is moving at warp speed right now.

Well maybe they can beam me up a beer, cuz I'm out.
Hikohadon

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:12 am

daddywags wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

YMMV.

SoulDawg

But why? If he wants to leave in free agency he can do that just as well after winning (or doing his best to win) a championship as not. If he's just mad at Mike Brown is he so mad at him that he's willing to intentionally piss on all those kids in Akron who went on bike rides with him over the years and played in his local basketball clinics? Bring me something that makes sense - not just that LeBron suddenly decided that he wanted to piss on all the local folks he's spent so much time cultivating as fans for 10 years, because that doesn't make sense. YMMV.

SD:

daddy I'll get flamed by the children for this , butt I'm gonna give ya my take on it the way I see it.

Somewhere this year the Title became secondary to Lebron's ambitions , winning the MVP allowed him to pull in his reins.

Its almost like Golf being a nuisance to Tigers real business, making money .

The Jersey change the marketing and all the outside stuff were more important to him than this series and the whole basketball world waiting on his free agency decision.

Look at his comments , I'm young my legacy has just started , so he has none of the sense of urgency us old farts have invested in this , he foolishly thinks it will allways be like this.

The last week of interviews were like viewing a lieing politician who can't look into the camera .

He said all the right thangs , but man there was not a bit of feeling behind any of it.

Ask yourself this , tell me in your heart of hearts the Cavs except for Shag wanted any piece of that sleeping giant in Orlando after demonstrating their sacless best feint in Boston.

Bron thru Brown under the bus after the first loss saying he overreacted to just another loss , and again tonight in post game interviews when asked about in game adjustments .

Dude is like a kid in a Candy shop with a fist full of dollars ,too much power too many options,
and an agenda that doesn't necessarily mesh with the Cavaliers best interests .

Lebron is for Lebron first second and third and the Cavs and fans are just a means to an end, he's held us hostage and we've been willing participants

I can't tell ya how bitterly disappointed i am to have to say that , I take no glee in telling this.

I too wanted to believe he was the one good guy .

Just been around too many politicians and seen too much stuff not to recognize game when i see it .

He can now leave us like Garnett and Pierce left their teams when they weren't good enough, yeah he didn't win a Championship as he promised , but ask yourself what $50 dollars worth of tin next to a billion dollar marketing exit strategy , especially if he goes to Chi Town with Bill Russels number instead of Jordans.

Then again maybe we got nothing to worry about and this was to Crucify Brown, and get his way like Kobe forced out Shack in LA.

Naw ................he wouldn't do that .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 1:13 am

I wish, I could go for a few....a few dozen.

FUDU

Unread postby CP » Fri May 14, 2010 1:14 am

FUDU wrote:If what I am hearing is true, this org. is moving at warp speed right now.

Anything more than the coaching stuff? (IE firing Brown and working on replacement?)

Ferry done too?
CP

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 14, 2010 1:17 am

FUDU wrote:I wish, I could go for a few....a few dozen.

C'mon down, just cracking open some new Wild Turkey. Got cold brews and smoe funky bud.

I plan on drinking into the mornign.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 1:18 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:He can now leave us like Garnett and Pierce left their teams when they weren't good enough

You wouldnt get flamed for the kiddies if you got your facts straight.

Garnett was traded.

Pierce was well... always a Celtic.

Other than that not nearly as shitty of a post as I figured it would be.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby FUDU » Fri May 14, 2010 1:19 am

CP wrote:

Anything more than the coaching stuff? (IE firing Brown and working on replacement?)

Ferry done too?
I won't speculate further b/c I am not that way.

Post game interview totally hints toward Bron being very upset, uncomfortable and leaving. His body language is telling, his eye contact is telling.

This sucks, I feel cheated, not in an entitled way but that we never got to see what could happen.

FUDU

Unread postby Ziner » Fri May 14, 2010 1:19 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

C'mon down, just cracking open some new Wild Turkey. Got cold brews and smoe funky bud.

If it wasnt a 18 hour drive I would be there if you invited me or not. I could use brews and bud.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri May 14, 2010 1:21 am

Ziner wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

If it wasnt a 18 hour drive I would be there if you invited me or not. I could use brews and bud.

I ain't gotta work adn it's gonna be one of tohse days i roll outta bed at 3 in the afternooon.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA