Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Lebron the image the reality

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Lebron the image the reality

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu May 13, 2010 10:42 am

:fu: , thats for anybody wants to bust the your not a fan Bullshit.

Reality check gentleman , does the 25 year old get it or not.

There is no doubt he packed it in , childishly assuming he had a game to give , well now the rubber has met the road , the extra pressure he helped create is piling on by the truckload.

Would Magic have played like that , would Jordan , would Bird have stood around while Rome burned.

This is Cleveland , this ain't the Sang Fran Gucci whine and tea set , one thing we can respect and recognize is effort , and one thing we won't abide is some sucka playing us for fuckin fools.

Lebron has been taken aback by the criticism , he is genuinely shocked that he of all people would be brought to task for that stinker of a performance , why the very nerve of Cleveland fans to question only his third bad game in seven years .

Who the Fuck do they think they are paying customers or somethin.

The nerve of the owner to get upset at the the team getting pummeled at home , while losing
$25 million a year even though he has the biggest star of basketball.

The nerve to question his Legacy , , why he's just getting started .

I say Bull Fuckin shit.

The rubber has met the road Mr. James , .

You either understand that recognize and step up , or tarnish all you have built with more of your bullshit.

Tonight its more than wins and losses butt how you play the game .

We can handle a loss if you give us all you got , although we'd rather you lead us on to Victory .

But don't even think you can play us close Mutha Fucka , Cleveland fans are fools in love witb our stars , but we ain't nobodies suckas.

Come back carrying the shield or be carried on it.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Re: Lebron the image the reality

Unread postby RedDawg » Thu May 13, 2010 10:59 am

Or, LeBron is worried that he has nerve damage to his elbow and that he jeopardize his career if he hurts it further.

We just don't know. We probably won't know until a week or so after the Cavs' season ends, if ever.

I was pissed watching him play too, but being scared about an injury makes more sense than the other twenty or so explanations I've seen floated out there.
RedDawg

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Rapistberger

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:13 am

RedDawg wrote:Or, LeBron is worried that he has nerve damage to his elbow and that he jeopardize his career if he hurts it further.

We just don't know. We probably won't know until a week or so after the Cavs' season ends, if ever.

I was pissed watching him play too, but being scared about an injury makes more sense than the other twenty or so explanations I've seen floated out there.

SD:

More too it than that Red .

If your that injuried you can't play or shouldn't , but its more than that pat built in excuse .

You don't alternately turn it on and off shuffle thru the motions , then tell the fans their spoiled after you stink the fuckin joint up.

You own it .

The nonchalance during the game and afterward in the press conferences is the scorcher.

Mike Brown goes spastic after the first loss and Bron laughs it off and says it ain't that big a deal I 've been there before and its just another game , like he actually done won something.

The sense of entitlement permeates this team and their play starting with their leader, but somebody forgot to tell the Celtics who rally don't give a shit about Lebron and the Cavs destiny.

Arrogance without the performance equals and asshuppin.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:22 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
RedDawg wrote:Or, LeBron is worried that he has nerve damage to his elbow and that he jeopardize his career if he hurts it further.

SD:

More too it than that Red .

If your that injuried you can't play or shouldn't , but its more than that pat built in excuse .

You don't alternately turn it on and off shuffle thru the motions , then tell the fans their spoiled after you stink the fuckin joint up.

You own it .

The nonchalance during the game and afterward in the press conferences is the scorcher.

Mike Brown goes spastic after the first loss and Bron laughs it off and says it ain't that big a deal I 've been there before and its just another game , like he actually done won something.

The sense of entitlement permeates this team and their play starting with their leader, but somebody forgot to tell the Celtics who rally don't give a shit about Lebron and the Cavs destiny.

Arrogance without the performance equals and asshuppin.

SoulDawg

SD's right. It's not about the why. It's about the do-or-die.

Look, he quit. Maybe he quit because he's like a fish that's been smacked in the head over the severity of an elbow injury. Okay, fine. He's legtimately hurt.

Know what? I don't give a shit. He quit knowing that he's the engine to that team. Knowing that if he goes out and balls like a mutha even if he can't lift his wing then that inspires a team, a home crowd and everyone in Cavalier land.

He quit. He didn't give us Willis Reed. He gave us Donte Stallworth.

He didn't d up, block a shot with his left, keep Pierce quiet, hustle for a loose ball, coax or cajole his mates, nothing. He fuckin' quit.

Hopefully he heard about it. Hopefully his legacy building managers heard about it. I don't what inspires him to play tonight as long as he does. Another night like Tuesday, regardless of whether he's hurting or not, and yes, it's fuck him and don't let the door hit ya.

I'll buy the elbow. I'll grant that he's hurt. I'll give him the mulligan for tonight.

But if he quits on that team or the people who follow them tonight....
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby RedDawg » Thu May 13, 2010 11:22 am

We just don't know SD.

The reality is, he's a young man that's never played through a serious injury on the biggest stage of his life. If the injury is more annoying than dangerous, then its mental. For a guy who has been able to dominate at every level his entire life, being limited at all is an alien experience.

The elbow is bothering him mentally or physically more than we know...

OR

He's a pretender.

History suggests the former.
RedDawg

Unread postby RedDawg » Thu May 13, 2010 11:54 am

Peek,

I didn't see quit early. I saw him trying to get his teammates going. I saw intensity. He also realized his shot wasn't there and he stopped taking shots he normally would take. Either he was just off, or the elbow was bothering him more that night.

I really think he was hoping that the other guys could do enough that he didn't have to carry this team by himself and put up 40. When he finally realized that it wasn't going to work - it was already too late.

Maybe that "quit" look on his face was more like, "Damnit, trying to let these posers do their part today was a dumb plan." Of course he can't SAY that in a press conference, but he might be thinking it. Especially if it was Mike Brown's idea, and LeBron realizes that throwing him under the bus doesn't do anything good right now.
Didn't LeBron look more like he was disappointed, then like he was quitting?

Maybe the other guys KNOW LeBron's is really hurting so they need to step up - and are shitting their pants with the added pressure. The confidence of playing with the MVP is gone if they know he's a shell of himself, no?

Or maybe they even know that he is risking permanent damage in his elbow and are sincerely worried about it, resulting in a lack of focus.

We just don't know. But the elbow would be the most logical root of WTF is going on. Game 3 had to be the result of getting a shot and feeling pretty good about it. Game 4-5 might be that his elbow isn't getting better or is getting worse. And worrying about it.
RedDawg

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:58 am

RedDawg wrote:Peek,

I didn't see quit early. I saw him trying to get his teammates going. I saw intensity. He also realized his shot wasn't there and he stopped taking shots he normally would take. Either he was just off, or the elbow was bothering him more that night.

I really think he was hoping that the other guys could do enough that he didn't have to carry this team by himself and put up 40. When he finally realized that it wasn't going to work - it was already too late.

Maybe that "quit" look on his face was more like, "Damnit, trying to let these posers do their part today was a dumb plan." Of course he can't SAY that in a press conference, but he might be thinking it.

Maybe the other guys KNOW LeBron's is really hurting so they need to step up - and are shitting their pants with the added pressure. The confidence of playing with the MVP is gone if they know he's a shell of himself, no?

Or maybe they even know that he is risking permanent damage in his elbow and sincerely worried about it, resulting in a lack of focus.

We just don't know. But the elbow would be the most logical root of WTF is going on. Game 3 had to be the result of getting a shot and feeling pretty good about it. Game 4-5 might be that his elbow isn't getting better or is getting worse. And worrying about it.

Maybe Dawg. I hope you're right and it would explain a lot of things. But I'm saying that elbow or no elbow he has to exert some will and provide something of substance for them to get over on the Celtics.

He can't be just a guy on the court. Regardless of hurting or not he has to be a difference maker in some regard.

We get anything else and it's done.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Tree Dawg 74 rant /

I thought for the most part the small forum had a culture that was away from the cartoon character nonsene, but I see even the esteemable peeker has fallen into the chest thumping.

Is Kobe Bryant a quitter? Did he quit vs the Suns in 2007?

Or is he an icon as he's been the last 2 seasons?

I'm going to put Tree dawg and his tamtrums on ignore on this forum as he's npot a follower of the NBA nor the cavs, but for those of you capable, tell me exactly when and how Bron "quit", and when he did, whether or not teh rest of the team should be likewise criticized, or becasue he is god in nikes 95% of the time it's just his ass.

In the first half I saw a typical Bron half: defer and get his struggling teammates involved to build confidence coming off a rough loss. He had what? 4 assists in qyarter one? And yet bunnies were missed, TO's aplenty, and a whole group of lolligaggers in the fornt court turned 50 - 50's inyo 80 -20's. And then ethere is the every ass kicked back court.

half two never really got underway. It was a blitzkrieg an dthe whoel shit house came down. Is thaat when he "quit"? Down 15? Down 20? Down 30? Is that when he was in sio? Is that when he didn't do enough so the Wojo's and 4 ' 10" 300 pound beat writers could call him out for being a cereer failure? When thegame was hopeless?

And I'll ask one final time: how do any of you know his health status and what he is and isn't capable of on the court?

I ask this as some of you are taking time on the work closk to answer. Aren't you "quitting" on the job? ;-) ;) :wink: No, seriously, I have issues, but that game was just gone by 5 minutes from quarter 4
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:19 pm

No agression JB.

Not playing defense (the biggest indicator).

Not crashing the boards.

Going Bruce Bowen.

Those are all indications that he quit or mindfucked himself out of impacting the game.

Especially his D, which was BLAH x infinity.

And you really should read the Dwyer piece I just dropped in the Dwyer thread, because he is right, you can impact the game a LOT w/ a tore ligament.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 12:24 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:No agression JB.

Not crashing the boards.

Going Bruce Bowen.

Those are all indications that he quit or mindfucked himself out of impacting the game.

And you really should read the Dwyer piece I just dropped in the Dwyer thread, because he is right, you can impact the game a LOT w/ a tore ligament.

Now we're talkin'.

Lee, did you see thaat from the whistle? Baecasue honsetly, I only watched that abortion once and not on dvr, but I saw noram bron in qtr one, cold / shitty Bron in qtr 2, and then the whole team impoaded in half two almost immediately, Bron included.

I didn't see a player who quit at the opening play.

If you (or Ziner, or axao or Cass, or Peeker, GML, etc. you know, a credible poster - sorry to any of the bedrock I missed) tell me I'm looking onto a bong instead of a TV and HOW and WHEN I am, I'm open minded. Would also like to see the Hnatter come in for a drive by take.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 13, 2010 12:26 pm

but for those of you capable, tell me exactly when and how Bron "quit", and when he did, whether or not teh rest of the team should be likewise criticized, or becasue he is god in nikes 95% of the time it's just his ass.
That is part of the confusion, when and why?

I'll go with somewhere between Bath, Ohio and One Center Court Cleveland, Ohio...roughly between May 1st and May 11th.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Starting out slow is fine, but it's not like he played good D from the first whistle. Also when LBJ starts off trying to get his teammates involved he also builds his own impact on the game. He tends to hit a chase down block, grab some huge boards, do something to push momentum. When LBJ exerts his get my teammates invovled start typically you still always feel like HE IS IN CHARGE OF THE GAME, THE PACE, AND THE EFFORT. Did you honestly feel that in game 5?

I watched the game in a bar due to Bullshit prior commitments and didn't have it in me to go over the DVR. I noticed what looked like a lost LBJ from the start. In game 3 LBJ took over JB. He got his team interested while flexing his muscles and pushing his will on the other team. It is possible to do both.

The other fact that you keep ignoring and/or missing is that in the past LBJ has single handily shifted momentum on his own accord in the second half of tight games. He typically does so w/ an epic effort. This game he went Bruce Bowen. He's already led one 20+ point comeback against the C's and almost led another in Game 2. Where was the effort to even try that?

It also is possible to stop getting killed on the boards. It also is possible to not let Pierce get hot for the first time all series.

He looked lost.

Shoals thinks it was fear and not quitting.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/05/13/when ... all-learn/

I just don't know.

Know this, I'll be DVRing and watching tonights game at least twice. Assuming I don't throw my TV out the window.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:34 pm

jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:No agression JB.

Not crashing the boards.

Going Bruce Bowen.

Now we're talkin'.

Lee, did you see thaat from the whistle? Baecasue honsetly, I only watched that abortion once and not on dvr, but I saw noram bron in qtr one, cold / shitty Bron in qtr 2, and then the whole team impoaded in half two almost immediately, Bron included.

If you (or Ziner, or axao or Cass, or Peeker, GML, etc. you know, a credible poster - sorry to any of the bedrock I missed) tell me I'm looking onto a bong instead of a TV and HOW and WHEN I am, I'm open minded. Would also like to see the Hnatter come in for a drive by take.

SD:

JB if you wasn't acting like the kids mutha and had some objectivity you could see the same shit ray Charles can see from the cheap seats.

Big games require your best from your best .

You can't be just another guy.

The man has averaged 29 points in the playoffs hs career and damn near a triple double .

Tuesday he had 15 points on a 2 fer 15 night more turnovers than you can count , didn't take his first shot until the third quarter was totally detached from the scene and was water when the team needed a spark.

Now i ask ya , can your best playa peform like that at home in a series like that , like he just came off a seven day back to back west coast road trip.

His head and his heart wasn't in it .

Simple as that .

Go head tell me he did his best , tell me he layed it all on the line from second one .

Pull your head outta your ass and believe your own lieing eyes and lets move on.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:36 pm

jb wrote:Now we're talkin'.

Look, here's the thing: I'm wobbling right now. I'm still stunned and searching. As others have said, LBJ's effort didn't pass the eye-test. I'm not Hubie Brown but this is what I said upthread before you asked for specifics (and no, the irony of our previously established takes and defense/criticisms of James are not lost on me ;-) ;) :wink: ). And to be fair I said this before the Dwyer link was presented and read:

He quit. He didn't give us Willis Reed. He gave us Donte Stallworth.

He didn't d up, block a shot with his left, keep Pierce quiet, hustle for a loose ball, coax or cajole his mates, nothing. He fuckin' quit.

No, he didn't come out to start the game like he was already gone. Neither did the Hawks at any of their tips against the Magic. But they quit too.

I'm willing to be wrong JB. I'm willing to believe it was an anomaly or even a mirage. And I'm admitting that I was so taken by surprise over that game and that performance that I'm still trying to get the license number of what truck hit me.

We can all be right here. There can be an element of blitzkrieg and 'Nothing you can do in that perfect crap storm' and him laying down for whatever reason. Maybe you can even justify the layng down after the blitzkrieg in order to preserve the legs and the elbow for Game 6.

But what I saw wan't just a rare bad performance. It was way more than that because it was way less than that.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 12:55 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Starting out slow is fine, but it's not like he played good D from the first whistle. Also when LBJ starts off trying to get his teammates involved he also builds his own impact on the game. He tends to hit a chase down block, grab some huge boards, do something to push momentum. When LBJ exerts his get my teammates invovled start typically you still always feel like HE IS IN CHARGE OF THE GAME, THE PACE, AND THE EFFORT. Did you honestly feel that in game 5?

I watched the game in a bar due to Bullshit prior commitments and didn't have it in me to go over the DVR. I noticed what looked like a lost LBJ from the start. In game 3 LBJ took over JB. He got his team interested while flexing his muscles and pushing his will on the other team. It is possible to do both.

The other fact that you keep ignoring and/or missing is that in the past LBJ has single handily shifted momentum on his own accord in the second half of tight games. He typically does so w/ an epic effort. This game he went Bruce Bowen. He's already led one 20+ point comeback against the C's and almost led another in Game 2. Where was the effort to even try that?

It also is possible to stop getting killed on the boards. It also is possible to not let Pierce get hot for the first time all series.

He looked lost.

Shoals thinks it was fear and not quitting.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/05/13/when ... all-learn/

I just don't know.

Know this, I'll be DVRing and watching tonights game at least twice. Assuming I don't throw my TV out the window.

Just unplug it from the box first.

You do love you some bloggers, brah.

Again, I saw a cold LBJ, and a little out of synch. CLEARLY, of of his shittiest games. But I saw what I thought I saw, and yeah, I did see fedinand the Bull in garbage time. No quarter asked.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:56 pm

Bloggers that get paid more than you and me aren't really bloggers, they are the real deal.

Just sayin'
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 1:12 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Bloggers that get paid more than you and me aren't really bloggers, they are the real deal.

Just sayin'

You sure love you some newfangled internets reports that stack more chedda n you.

( How's that? ;-) )
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:18 pm

There ya go.

To be fair Dwyer is my only no matter what must read. I sort out the other articles I hit via Twitter.

Douche.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA