Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

LeChoke?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: LeChoke?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:24 pm

Lubber wrote:So it appears that he may just be Le-Injured, not LeChoke

http://www.fearthesword.com/2010/5/12/1469084/rumor-lebron-james-has-torn-elbow

SD:

Bull Fuckin Shit.

You can take a local more than once every 10 stinking days .

Who the fuck you trying to fool
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Meh.

I hated last night's game and game four as much as anyone, but all this thread does is prove to me that Bron is right about us being spoiled. Especially with the invasion of the 90% er's since last night.

I guess I remember Ricky Davis too much.

And Windy is FOS. No one is going to say Bron's legacy is that of a loser running out of town except for some provincial NEOers. If he leaves some city will feel like they alll won the sports' powerball. The rest of the nation will just see this as the latest installment of a joke that's been running since 1970, and blame the cavs' struggles on a losing city in a losing state, and that includes Bron's precious Akron.

The rest of the nation loves Jim Thome FWIW.

Nothing mitigates last night, but all reason and perspective has been lost. Bron leaves and we're the pacers without Danny Granger/
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 3:23 pm

jordan kramer wrote:wasn't able to get on till now due to my marathon bender. still drunk, no sleep. let that be my disclaimer.

i am no longer a fan of Lebron James. i have defended him for 7 years against haters and had complete faith in him that he would be the chosen one and bring balance back to cleveland sports. years of heartbreak and misfortune would be redeemed by years of championships all because of our king. no longer. i will never dawn my wine n gold 23 sitting in my closet. i have no respect for the man. he doesn't care about us. not one tenth of one percent does he care about us. the fans. the city. last night was one immense middle finger to northeast ohio. he spat in our faces. he pissed all over us. in his mind he believes he can't win here, and this series is when he figured it out. its not his elbow. you are an imbecile if you think his elbow has anything to do with his performances this series. he doesn't care anymore. he has thrown up his hands and said "fuck it, i'm outta here." if you think there is even a remote chance he resigns and comes back to this team, you are beyond insane. and you know what, i don't want him back. he has finally shown his true colors, and they are not wine and gold.

i came to this realization sometime in the 2nd quarter, halfway through a case of silver bullets. Lebron James is a piece of shit. he made fools out of all of us. he played this town like a fiddle, and will now walk his merry way to new york and the bank. and what a beautifully tragic final act it was. Shakespeare himself couldn't have wrote a better one. this is my farewell to our former king, goodbye Lebron enjoy the big lights. asshole

Did the Easter Bunny stiff you this year jordan?

No Giannios?
jb

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 12, 2010 3:32 pm

jb wrote:Nothing mitigates last night, but all reason and perspective has been lost. Bron leaves and we're the pacers without Danny Granger/

We have nowhere near enough white guys to be the Pacers.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:35 pm

jb wrote: but all reason and perspective has been lost.

Really not feelin' ya here. He quit. Plain and simple. On his team, on his coach, on his fans. Maybe he has a great reason. Maybe he has none. I don't really care.

All I know is what I saw.

At least Mesa was trying.........
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed May 12, 2010 3:36 pm

jb wrote:
jordan kramer wrote:wasn't able to get on till now due to my marathon bender. still drunk, no sleep. let that be my disclaimer.

i am no longer a fan of Lebron James. i have defended him for 7 years against haters and had complete faith in him that he would be the chosen one and bring balance back to cleveland sports. years of heartbreak and misfortune would be redeemed by years of championships all because of our king. no longer. i will never dawn my wine n gold 23 sitting in my closet. i have no respect for the man. he doesn't care about us. not one tenth of one percent does he care about us. the fans. the city. last night was one immense middle finger to northeast ohio. he spat in our faces. he pissed all over us. in his mind he believes he can't win here, and this series is when he figured it out. its not his elbow. you are an imbecile if you think his elbow has anything to do with his performances this series. he doesn't care anymore. he has thrown up his hands and said "fuck it, i'm outta here." if you think there is even a remote chance he resigns and comes back to this team, you are beyond insane. and you know what, i don't want him back. he has finally shown his true colors, and they are not wine and gold.

i came to this realization sometime in the 2nd quarter, halfway through a case of silver bullets. Lebron James is a piece of shit. he made fools out of all of us. he played this town like a fiddle, and will now walk his merry way to new york and the bank. and what a beautifully tragic final act it was. Shakespeare himself couldn't have wrote a better one. this is my farewell to our former king, goodbye Lebron enjoy the big lights. asshole

Did the Easter Bunny stiff you this year jordan?

No Giannios?

Eff Giannio's and their Chocolate Cardinal Mooney fountains they ride in ;-) ;) :wink:
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed May 12, 2010 3:49 pm

I'm curious, if our assumptions are correct, what level of villain does this place LBJ at?

Does he near the level of Arthur B. Modell in abandoning his hometown team to becoming an abyss of suck again, or is he more of a Jim Thome "Wife is my rock" sort of guy?

also, will people even care about the Cavs anymore following his exit? and don't give me the "Well the diehards will" answer, we all know how uninterested people were prior to the ping pong ball landing our way, read that chapter in windy and pluto's book. The end game for the Cavs doesn't exactly look well in a future without LeBron, in fact, I could see them easily moving a few years down the road.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 3:51 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
jb wrote: but all reason and perspective has been lost.

Really not feelin' ya here.

Back atcha.

I saw Bron being Bron trying to defer and get everyone involved in half one, and I'm thinking he's saving it up.

The first half was close, and then the start of the 3rd quarter was like Stonewall arriving at Chancellorsville. A strange unmitigated disaster wher ethe entire team just got rolled and embarrassed. I have no fuckin' explanation. I'm as vexxed as you broham.

But I also saw the lakers roll the Celtics in 84 and Bird look like a quitter before they came back and won. Ditto the Celts laying n LA in a game in 85.

If Bron plays Thursday night the way he did Tuesday, I'll bandwagon with you. Right now, I just don't know.

But i don't know what the big deal is, really. The whole team, including Bron, shows a "cavalier" attitude. bada ging.
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 3:51 pm

BTW - how fucked financially is Dan Gilbert if Bron skates?
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Triple-S wrote:I'm curious, if our assumptions are correct, what level of villain does this place LBJ at?

Does he near the level of Arthur B. Modell in abandoning his hometown team to becoming an abyss of suck again, or is he more of a Jim Thome "Wife is my rock" sort of guy?

also, will people even care about the Cavs anymore following his exit? and don't give me the "Well the diehards will" answer, we all know how uninterested people were prior to the ping pong ball landing our way, read that chapter in windy and pluto's book. The end game for the Cavs doesn't exactly look well in a future without LeBron, in fact, I could see them easily moving a few years down the road.

He's not a villian yet. That happens if we don't win and he bolts.

It's not like he was making baskets for the Celtics, dissing Mike Symon, and took a shit on a Browns shirt.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Triple-S wrote:I'm curious, if our assumptions are correct, what level of villain does this place LBJ at?

Villian?

He'd be manny. never said he was staying, always said he'd explore FA.
jb

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed May 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Worse than Modell IMO.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby DrPoove » Wed May 12, 2010 5:05 pm

jb wrote:BTW - how fucked financially is Dan Gilbert if Bron skates?

Estimated Franchise Value drop of over $100M.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby JCoz » Wed May 12, 2010 5:09 pm

jb wrote:

Villian?

For me personally? I agree.

For the vast majority of NEO? What herm said....
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Jumbo » Wed May 12, 2010 9:11 pm

jb wrote:

Villian?

JMHO, it terms of actual, not deserved, hatred:

Modell > Belle = Lebron > Thome = Boozer > Manny

(BTW, Belle didn't deserve the vitriol he got from the Cleveland fans - but it was a different era, especially for the bandwagon.)
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby TevScale » Wed May 12, 2010 10:03 pm

To me there would be two big differences between LeBron leaving and Manny leaving: Manny didn't grow up in the area, and Manny left for more money, while LeBron would be leaving for less (in other words, leaving for no other reason than he preferred to be somewhere else). Both of those would bump him up on the villain scale.

Not anywhere close to Modell, though.
TevScale

Unread postby Lubber » Wed May 12, 2010 10:18 pm

TevScale wrote:To me there would be two big differences between LeBron leaving and Manny leaving: Manny didn't grow up in the area, and Manny left for more money, while LeBron would be leaving for less (in other words, leaving for no other reason than he preferred to be somewhere else). Both of those would bump him up on the villain scale.

Not anywhere close to Modell, though.

By your logic, there would be no difference between LeBron and Modell as Art did not grow up in this area and he left for more money too
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby TevScale » Wed May 12, 2010 10:28 pm

Lubber wrote:
TevScale wrote:By your logic, there would be no difference between LeBron and Modell as Art did not grow up in this area and he left for more money too

I think you meant between Manny and Modell. And the fact is, had Modell just left to retire to Florida or whatever, I'd have no problem with him. It's the minor fact that he took the whole damn team with him that puts him in a class all by himself.
TevScale

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Thu May 13, 2010 2:02 am

Here's what I wrote to friends Tues. night:

If LB already got the shot before game 3 and it wore off, we're toast. If he refuses to get a shot bec. he thinks there's a chance it will increase his chance of a more serious injury, we're toast. If he wasn't in pain and just gave up, we're toast. Only chance is he's injured and gets a shot before Thurs.

As to the internet rumor linked above, it makes sense to the extent it says the injury is serious. I can't agree with brother Kramer yet, I still have too much belief in LB. It just is hard to believe he gave up. It is true he could have played more D, and been more of a decoy. Maybe he was shellshocked. He was quoted as saying he's never had to deal with an injury like this before.

Also, the rumor seems off in its discussion of a shot of "painkiller." As was said, it sure didn't work if it was before game 4. And why only once a week? If it's just a painkiler? Cortisone can only be given once every 4 months, but it lasts at least for weeks. So, unless the final tear happened in game 3, maybe there's still hope for a shot, or another one.

Bottom line, a serious injury is the only thing that makes sense, and if it is, I don't think it's the game changer this summer everyone fears. And I haven't thrown out my LB secret decoder ring and wall poster yet.
Frank Duffy

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Hargrove

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 7:51 am

JCoz wrote:
jb wrote:

Villian?

For me personally? I agree.

For the vast majority of NEO? What herm said....

Point.

Maybe.
jb

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu May 13, 2010 8:08 am

Not the sharpest tool in the shed but why would he hoist threes during practice yesterday and allegedly make many of them? Wouldn't you want to rest it or are you still trying to hide it from the media?
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 8:24 am

fundamentals wrote:

Not the sharpest tool in the shed but why would he hoist threes during practice yesterday and allegedly make many of them? Wouldn't you want to rest it or are you still trying to hide it from the media?

Creatures of habit, or maybe the needle made it feel better for a while? Old adage if you can't practice you can't play.

Point is, I have no idea.

How did achilles react when he looked down and saw the arrow in his ankle the first time? Did he run for a corpsman, or scoff at the unfamiliarity of the situation?
jb

Unread postby RedDawg » Thu May 13, 2010 9:38 am

jb wrote:
fundamentals wrote:

Creatures of habit, or maybe the needle made it feel better for a while? Old adage if you can't practice you can't play.

Point is, I have no idea.

How did achilles react when he looked down and saw the arrow in his ankle the first time? Did he run for a corpsman, or scoff at the unfamiliarity of the situation?

I think you are on to something JB. I've got a scenario in my head. Give it a listen...

One thing that would explain his perplexing performances is that he is extremely worried about this strange injury. There is no way he wants to sit, because he wants this title as bad as anyone in NEO. Personally I think its primarily for selfish reasons, i.e. build his legacy, but I think he also really wants to be the Golden Boy that brings a title home.

Deep down the injury is worrying him. It fits what we are seeing. His play suggests that he may think that he could be doing PERMANENT damage to the elbow by getting too many injections or whatever, or just playing through it could affect him long term.

I also think that his plan was to win it all this year and leave. Going out like a chump screws that all up, and the fear that it will go down that way is showing.

Fans booing is irrelevant. This isn't Tim Couch or Derek Anderson desperately seeking respect. The man has a 10 story deified image of him outside his home arena.
Boston got booed off their court in Game 3 because they deserved it. If he's so thin-skinned that a crowd booing one of his 3 bad performances in 7 years makes him want to skip town after the nearly 500 games he's been cheered like the Second Coming, then he's mentally fragile and will never win championships without other stars propping him up.
RedDawg

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Rapistberger

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu May 13, 2010 12:27 pm

With the collective shit the Cavs dropped on the chests of all the fans in Game 5, I propose that in the next montage of Cleveland sports heartbreaks this game shall be known as "The Cleveland Steamer".
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby JCoz » Thu May 13, 2010 3:22 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:With the collective shit the Cavs dropped on the chests of all the fans in Game 5, I propose that in the next montage of Cleveland sports heartbreaks this game shall be known as "The Cleveland Steamer".

Sounds fair.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA