Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Dwyer Chimes In

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Dwyer Chimes In

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:40 pm

Maybe not as brutal as as Woj but every bit as indicting.

And yeah, because I'm lost and confused and wandering in my head, I'm looking for affirmation that others saw what I saw and feel the same way.

http://yhoo.it/a47BXw
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Dwyer Chimes In

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed May 12, 2010 1:55 pm

My question to all this is...

Is James getting fed all this stuff? Are his "boys" telling him, "Dwyer said this about you and Wojo thinks you just gave up. You dio know your boy Windy totally trashed you on the radio." Or are they shielding him from all this, letting him believe what he spewed in the press conference last night, that they played hard in this game and game 4.

I'd like to believe that somehow he's channeling his inner Jordan or Bird, reading the clippings and preparing to take over.

Or he could be sitting back, waiting for todays lunch delivery from Chili's in Fairlawn, watching Sponge Bob w/ the kids
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed May 12, 2010 1:55 pm

yeah, thats pretty much what I thought, too. Honestly, Im not even in the anger phase yet....still shocked and flabbergasted and wondering why.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:05 pm

The worst take on this? http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... eland-fans

Give me a fucking break Abbott.

I've criticized the crowds, but because they were quiet. Not for booing. And to read that garbage with no understanding of the entirety of Cleveland sports and specifically the context of LBJ and his FA flirtations for 7 years? Bullshit.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:07 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:My question to all this is...

Is James getting fed all this stuff? Are his "boys" telling him, "Dwyer said this about you and Wojo thinks you just gave up. You dio know your boy Windy totally trashed you on the radio." Or are they shielding him from all this, letting him believe what he spewed in the press conference last night, that they played hard in this game and game 4.

I'd like to believe that somehow he's channeling his inner Jordan or Bird, reading the clippings and preparing to take over.

Or he could be sitting back, waiting for todays lunch delivery from Chili's in Fairlawn, watching Sponge Bob w/ the kids

He's hearing it. You can bet your ass that a guy as image/legacy-conscious as he is hearing it.

And you know what? The fact he's hearing it and watching 7 years of building all of it go up in vapors might be the only chance the Cavs have to account for themselves tomorrow night.

It's not just here. It's not just a hack like me writing a column about it. It's respected people who do this for a living both in the print and electronic media who are laying waste to his reputation.

He'll survive it either way. Whether he comes out tomorrow night with a brick on his shoulder or whether he goes quietly into the good night. He's just that good. But make no mistake: he hears it and to a guy with that kind of ego it's ringing in his ears.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby JCoz » Wed May 12, 2010 2:17 pm

I'm thouroughly enjoying the pile on right now.

I was pissed that he didn't get more of that after game 4, when I hardly thought he played better at all.

Hopefully he's taking it all in.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby RedDawg » Wed May 12, 2010 2:56 pm

aoxo1 wrote:The worst take on this? http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... eland-fans

I've criticized the crowds, but because they were quiet. Not for booing. And to read that garbage with no understanding of the entirety of Cleveland sports and specifically the context of LBJ and his FA flirtations for 7 years? Bullshit.

The Boston fans were shredding the C's when they were getting their asses whipped. I didn't see anyone bitching about their fans after - instead, the C's came out and took care of business. They knew they deserved it.

The theories are fascinating:

1. LeBron's elbow is pretty bad.
2. LeBron is pissed at Mike Brown and is pouting.
3. LeBron wilts under intense pressure
4. Mike Brown is a shitty coach.
5. There isn't much talent other than LeBron.

How about...

6. The Celtics are healthy, playing great and are a bad matchup for the Cavs.
RedDawg

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Rapistberger

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:13 pm

RedDawg wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:The worst take on this? http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_ ... eland-fans

The Boston fans were shredding the C's when they were getting their asses whipped. I didn't see anyone bitching about their fans after - instead, the C's came out and took care of business. They knew they deserved it.

The theories are fascinating:

1. LeBron's elbow is pretty bad.
2. LeBron is pissed at Mike Brown and is pouting.
3. LeBron wilts under intense pressure
4. Mike Brown is a shitty coach.
5. There isn't much talent other than LeBron.

How about...

6. The Celtics are healthy, playing great and are a bad matchup for the Cavs.

SD:

How about the Celtics are playing like men while the Cavs play with their pussies.

The Cavs handed the Celtics their worst home loss in the storied Celtic franchise history on their home floor.

Only a Jackass or the worst Lebron enabler or a bunch of pantsy ass Cavaliers wouldn't be ready for that onslaught even a moron had to know was coming.

Result the Celts walk away Tuesday night not only with a Victory but revenge after handin the Cavs their biggest ever home game playoff loss.

Lebron was reduced to a role playa on his own home court in perhaps the most pivotal game of his career.

In the NBA even your role playas respond at home , while too often disappearing away .

For your MVP of the league to shrink in broad daylight like the wicked witch of the west after Dorothy spilled water on her raggedy ass is unpardonable , for James to flip us off as we're just spoiled fans ledging over naught is a sucka play.

Fuck him for not showing up Tuesday and Fuck him twice again for not owning up to that shit bomb he layed in center court.

Course you and JB can keep rowing down DEE Nile preachin about how nice the emperors new clothes look and how all is well .

But Nekid and nasty is the picture I see.

SoulDawg
Last edited by SoulDawg74 on Wed May 12, 2010 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoulDawg74

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed May 12, 2010 3:16 pm

peeker643 wrote:Maybe not as brutal as as Woj but every bit as indicting.

And yeah, because I'm lost and confused and wandering in my head, I'm looking for affirmation that others saw what I saw and feel the same way.

Usually I'm not a big ESPN talking head fan - most of their "personalities" are just too interested in hearing themselves. But I have been listening today and they are all just as bewildered and amazed as we are....

Greenberg
Golic
Wilbon
Bucher
van Pelt
Russilo
Gottlieb

All of them. Most of the commentary goes something like - "Have you ever seen anything like that before?" "Me neither"
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 3:27 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:My question to all this is...

He's hearing it. You can bet your ass that a guy as image/legacy-conscious as he is hearing it.

And you know what? The fact he's hearing it and watching 7 years of building all of it go up in vapors might be the only chance the Cavs have to account for themselves tomorrow night.

It's not just here. It's not just a hack like me writing a column about it. It's respected people who do this for a living both in the print and electronic media who are laying waste to his reputation.

He'll survive it either way. Whether he comes out tomorrow night with a brick on his shoulder or whether he goes quietly into the good night. He's just that good. But make no mistake: he hears it and to a guy with that kind of ego it's ringing in his ears.

I heard Gilbert sent Tim Misney over to motivate him.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 12, 2010 3:49 pm

mattvan1 wrote:

Usually I'm not a big ESPN talking head fan - most of their "personalities" are just too interested in hearing themselves. But I have been listening today and they are all just as bewildered and amazed as we are....

Greenberg
Golic
Wilbon
Bucher
van Pelt
Russilo
Gottlieb

All of them. Most of the commentary goes something like - "Have you ever seen anything like that before?" "Me neither"

Maybe it was just a horrid abortion of a game on LBJ's part, and he'll redeem himself tomorrow night?

I bet Skip Brainless is loving it. Like a pig in shit.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Greenberg
Golic
Wilbon
Bucher
van Pelt
Russilo
Gottlieb

Maybe it was just a horrid abortion of a game on LBJ's part, and he'll redeem himself tomorrow night?

Shit.

Skip is no different than the 90% ers that just ran in here overnight hatin'.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed May 12, 2010 4:16 pm

jb wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Greenberg
Golic
Wilbon
Bucher
van Pelt
Russilo
Gottlieb

Shit.

Skip is no different than the 90% ers that just ran in here overnight hatin'.

SD:

Thats where your wrong Skip Batless been hatin on Bron forever , been calling him Prince james longer than i been bustin your chops .

and For the record.

Everybody who is in shock over Brons turd of a series ain't hatin .

Even allowing for that elbow being injured there is more to this story than we all know right now.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby JCoz » Wed May 12, 2010 4:58 pm

mattvan1 wrote:

Greenberg
Golic
Wilbon
Bucher
van Pelt
Russilo
Gottlieb

Shhhh. Don't tell JB. He thinks it was just one little off night fo tha Kang.

Just messing with you JB.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 8:40 am

JCoz wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Greenberg
Golic
Wilbon
Bucher
van Pelt
Russilo
Gottlieb

Shhhh. Don't tell JB. He thinks it was just one little off night fo tha Kang.

Just messing with you JB.

You might end up being right Coz. But it sure as fuck ain't due to the nonsense the 90% ers and hatas are spewing on this forum or nationally with pent up inexplicabe venom. Maybe it comes from being a 4 ' 10 " 300 pound wannabe who is compensating and projecting for being picked last his whole grade school life but loved hoops and secured a writing job. Wagsta with a keyboard. If Bron this shitty on a consistent basis, and this passive, he's hurt man. He already told us games ago that there are o excuses. If he can't contribute on O he said he needs to do other things to help, like D up or decoy.

The more I think on it, the more I think Cass has a point about overdependance, but for mostly the wrong reasons. The team is deflated becasue they know he can't save them as he's always done, and they have no mojo. Bron is crushed becasue he has literally never been hurt before. Since he's been 9 years old he's been invincible and indestructable on a court. And now, when he's a "global icon" , all the FA focus, this being annointed "teh year' by everyone in and out of town, he can't go.

How should he react for you buddy? What should he be doing to impress you? What does he owe you?
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:47 am

JB man, you need to lay off the press a bit here.

Guy deserves this beating and the people who are beating him are either hoops purists who feel they were raped and lost the chance to see what was supposed to be the most beautiful evolution on the court ever or the guy who has eat slept and lived w/ LBJ since high school in Windy and has no axes to grind beyond knowing the guy and his crew better than everyone else.

There is no excuse for shit effort.

It don't mean he's done in my mind, but it means instead of this being the playoffs that was supposed to seal his deal as the baddest meffer around he's back to being an undefined enigma.

And for effort to be the root cause of the evolution not happening is just unfathomable to most. All of the greats play through injuries and do it fine, they don't go T-Mac. This playoffs is one data point, sure, but that data point points in a glaringly different direction than the last two years had.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 8:49 am

Oh and Nashty was draining threes to clinch a sweep w/ one eye just last series. LBJ isn't even bothering to play D because his elbow hurts.

That glaring reality is what people are having trouble coming to terms w/.

I'm not ready to go Cass but you also need to take a few steps out of the corner and accept the reality a bit.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 8:57 am

e0y2e3 wrote:JB man, you need to lay off the press a bit here.

Guy deserves this beating and the people who are beating him are either hoops purists who feel they were raped and lost the chance to see what was supposed to be the most beautiful evolution on the court ever or the guy who has eat slept and lived w/ LBJ since high school in Windy and has no axes to grind beyond knowing the guy and his crew better than everyone else.

It don't mean he's done in my mind, but it means instead of this being the playoffs that was supposed to seal his deal as the baddest meffer around he's back to being an undefined enigma.

And for effort to be the root cause of the evolution not happening is just unfathomable to most. All of the greats play through injuries and do it fine, they don't go T-Mac. This playoffs is one data point, sure, but that data point points in a glaringly different direction than the last two years had.

Hear me Lee.

There is no excuse for a shit effort. Concur.

Criticize the game. Criticize the effort. Criticize much of the series.

But the career judegements that include character assasination this close to the ocurrence without adaquate perspective or all the facts is just not a fair accounting. It is mediot hysteria for a headlines arms' race.

And dude, this is coming from ME. Think about that.

And for anyone who actually followed this franchise over the years, and I don't mean the schrill forums blowhards like Tree and SD , who haven't watched a cavs' game this season until post season, to suggest they want Bron gone so we can go back to what was in place before.... I got less of an explanation for that than I do Bron's play buddy.

BTW - I never had an encounter with LBJ. So I don't know from him. But i did with Windhorst, and he was an arrogant man in that moment. I give him no quarter and no pedistal. If he were writing for the Griz toiling away, he's not getting ESPN run now. But he is if he nails Bron in the calves. I am jaded away from any perspective he's objective. And no, it didn't involve alcohol. LOL.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 13, 2010 9:45 am

I'm with Peeker in that LBJ sees and hears this, IMO LBJ is product of his era in the sense that he goes looking to read what people are saying about him. He wakes up wanting to know what was said on TV/radio, IMO that is a weakness to a point.

However it doesn't mean he cannot overcome.

JB I am not so sure what career judgments you refer to. I see a lot of projections of what he career will be like either b/c of this little spell or if it were a trend. Those judging his career up to now are blind or dumb and have very short memories, those takes are lacking validity to a point IMO, selective remembering with an agenda.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:52 am

Your whatever feelings about Windhorst aside (I treat reporters like athletes, if they have skills they can fuck all the crack addled hookers they want) I don't see why you are writing such strong things on the media (I get the absurdity of Herm's take, but I just shrugged that off because Herm has turned into a caricature that is only capable of taking and defending the most single sided aspect of all takes, he's quit trying to analyze and find the truth; same w/ Doug).

Woj questions whether all of the other stuff is going to get in the way, which is fair.

Dwyer writes like a Cleveland fan that just had his child stolen. The hoops purist in him is crushed by what he's witnessed this series. Guy is showing legit pain.

Windhorst is just at a complete loss as is LBJ's posse according to him (I don't see him making this up).

I mean these guys are writing the truth.

Sure I haven't turned on ESPN radio to listen to the all informed ramblings of Mike and Mike or Bayless, but they don't count for anything anyway. Going to listen to Russillo's Inside The NBA podcast from yesterday today though, as I do respect his hoops takes a lot.

But EOD this series has meant one thing, we don't yet know what LBJ is and right now there is a small possibility of a T-Mac gene being out there. Nothing is set in stone, but it's kicked off a-whole-nother side to this summer. It's a new data point and something that is going to be worth watching damned close. When Nashty is playing hurt and killing peeps and the giant that is LBJ cannot even be bothered to defend, make quick decisions, or board people are going to be crushed.

Going to be real fun watching all the rationalization about how bad he sucks should he leave though. Man, is the riot outside the witness bill-board going to be awesome. I say we commission Rich to drop a TCF live cam on that spot the day before FA starts.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:52 am

jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:JB man, you need to lay off the press a bit here.

Hear me Lee.

There is no excuse for a shit effort. Concur.

Criticize the game. Criticize the effort. Criticize much of the series.

But the career judegements that include character assasination this close to the ocurrence without adaquate perspective or all the facts is just not a fair accounting. It is mediot hysteria for a headlines arms' race.

And dude, this is coming from ME. Think about that.

And for anyone who actually followed this franchise over the years, and I don't mean the schrill forums blowhards like Tree and SD , who haven't watched a cavs' game this season until post season, to suggest they want Bron gone so we can go back to what was in place before.... I got less of an explanation for that than I do Bron's play buddy.

BTW - I never had an encounter with LBJ. So I don't know from him. But i did with Windhorst, and he was an arrogant man in that moment. I give him no quarter and no pedistal. If he were writing for the Griz toiling away, he's not getting ESPN run now. But he is if he nails Bron in the calves. I am jaded away from any perspective he's objective. And no, it didn't involve alcohol. LOL.

C'mon. I've defended the guy as much or more than anyone. Often times I defended him in the face of a comment you made JB.

I can't defend him this series. How do I separate the effort or the game from the guy who chose not to give the former and therefore effed up the latter.

Not saying he's not a great player or that he can't overcome. He is and can. The league has never seen a combination of the size, speed and skill set he brings.

But he quit Tuesday and he's not been engaged for much of the series at all. That's what it is, what it was and what it will be barring a recovery starting tonight. Why? Dunno.

All I know is I never saw Quit coming. Not from that guy. It was disappointing and shocking. Maybe guys were sitting and waiting for him to stumble so they could take their long awaitied shots. Maybe there is animosity and resentment. Maybe they were in the clock tower with thsites squarely on his head for years.

But they took legit shots. He quit, they saw it, they hammered him for it. Deservedly.

He quit.

For me? Rightly or wrongly I felt like I was betrayed by the guy. And once that goes down there are trust issue.

I know. Dude owes me nothing, I see what's going to be said on that. And that's true. But he owes his teammates and his owner something.

That's all. Like I said, the road to redemption is always just a game away bro. But what's sticking in my head right now is there is actually a question as to what guy shows up tonight. The guy we all thought he was or the guy from pretty much this disappointing series?

You know for sure? You ever, EVER think you'd have to question that?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 13, 2010 9:59 am

But what's sticking in my head right now is there is actually a question as to what guy shows up tonight. The guy we all thought he was or the guy from pretty much this disappointing series?

That is exactly the question now when talking about LeBron James in the present post season.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:55 am

Why Dwyer is the best in the biz (follow-up to yesterday):

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba,240810
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 13, 2010 12:07 pm

That guy is on his game, Dwyer. Biggest concern I have had with LeBron is his 3-4 second lull in deciding his choice of attack, that has always bugged me. It works for him most times, it is his style to a point, I get that, but as the article suggests, change it up if not just for the sake of keeping the defense guessing and on their heels.

Nobody can truly guard LeBron but one thing virtually every defender can do is count on the fact that LeBron will not catch and _____ quickly. That gives the defense a lot of help right there.

FUDU

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Thu May 13, 2010 12:24 pm

As Dwyer pointed out in that piece, and as Simmons and Barkley have been trying to hammer home for years - the Cavs and LeBron must pick up the pace, particularly against a team like the Celtics.

There's a reason the Celtics blew something like 25 double digit leads this year. Its because they're old and run out of gas quickly. The Cavs have been playing right in to their hands with these slow-ass half court sets all series. Those 5 additional seconds where LeBron sizes up the D gives KG et al more time to catch their breaths.

This is the wrong thread for this, but there's just too many to keep track of. Shaq was brought to this team for one reason and one reason only - Dwight Howard. (Well maybe the Lakers too.) Using him in this series, despite his bug numbers in the last game, has been counter productive. He is exactly what the C's need to sloooow the game down.

No I'm not advocating Z get more PT, and I dont want a complete roster overhaul either. But like Simmons tweeted before the series even began, the Cavs best lineup to use against this particular team is Mo-West-LBJ-Varejao-Hickson. Dont give the geriatrics time to breathe.
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!

Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 12:29 pm

FUDU wrote:
But what's sticking in my head right now is there is actually a question as to what guy shows up tonight. The guy we all thought he was or the guy from pretty much this disappointing series?

That is exactly the question now when talking about LeBron James in the present post season.

See, I'm not.

I'm expecting him to play like as if he's Denzell DC and someone just kidnapped his client's daughter.

I'm just not swayed by an aberration.

BTW - Any of you listening to Rizzo's reports from the Boston shootaround on the RBS this AM?

Summary - Players loosey goosey and ready to go, staff and FO have tigher bungholes than daophins right now.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Thu May 13, 2010 12:31 pm

See, I'm not.

I'm expecting him to play like as if he's Denzell DC and someone just kidnapped his client's daughter.

I'm just not swayed by an aberration.

BTW - Any of you listening to Rizzo's reports from the Boston shootaround on the RBS this AM?

Summary - Players loosey goosey and ready to go, staff and FO have tigher bungholes than daophins right now.
Wouldn't surprise me in the least, but again, now we don't know which one we'll get, that was not an issue before, not nearly to the extent it exists now live in this series. He goes off tonight and we win, still scared of game 7. We need a new series 0-0 fresh start to bring back confidence. Christ sake do it for Adrian.

FUDU

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu May 13, 2010 12:34 pm

jb wrote:

I don't care how they are during shootaround. When the lights are on, what's gonna happen? Did they shake hands with each other? :hide:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:35 pm

JB the team was also loosey goosey and ready to go before game 5.

We saw how that ended.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Again, hear me, Lee.

I don't have it in for Windhurst. I merely think that these guys, as anyone, have agendas and biases. I also don't think they are always the best people and question their motivations, and in this one case I had a less than zero encounter of uncalled for rudeness. End of any issue/hangup. So I guess I look at these guys like you. Conduits in some ways, but with massive salt grains. want to impress me? Get the people he says looked dismayed to go on record with their takes so i can hear their own words.

I think the overall blastage that Bron doesn't love the game enough to sacrifice what it takes for a title is interesting, but perhaps unfair in its totality of judegemnt. Certainly if this is the logitudinl issue it is, it seems in bad form to kick a man on the canvas as he's slipped.

I get your take on what Bron did hustle-wise, and BMcP's , and maybe I , too, should be more damning like a judgemental version of Claire Bee. I just can't bring myself to do that given the body of the man's work, the realistic reation I have to the need to exert Pete Rose-esque hustle in a clearly lost cause 48 hours away from game 6 ( Channel AI: garbage time? man, we're talkin' garbage time. Not game on the line time. not the game I love. I mean we're talkin' a Kevin Ollie special. ) and the fact that truely, this ain't over. I know after trhe last game it looks uber bad. I know we're Cleveland fans and ready to have, as Cass put it, battered wife syndrome - Bron lays and egg on the way out the door. So we're ready to destroy our own as if he's a Saddam Hussein statue. But I'm just not there broham.

If Bron were to mail in 48 and have a Boshtastic post game reaction, save a seat for me on the hatawagon -- maybe. I don't know how I'd react.

Just not there yet.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:42 pm

Here is the thing JB, I'm not out the door, I am just lost and hurt.

Dwyer isn't out the door.

Windy isn't out the door.

Peeks isn't out the door.

You're projecting Herm and Doug onto us, which is clouding your takes. Instead of reading between the lines and looking at the game for what it is you are defending accusations that are not there from us.

I'm just watching hopelessly. My mom got hit by a car in front of my on Tuesday, tonight may be my Dad or it may be an episode of reincarnation.

That said, Dwyer, Peeks, me, we have all handed you ways he could have impacted the game even w/ a worst case elbow injury. You've just ignored them because you're too hung up on the Herm's of the world.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 12:48 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:JB the team was also loosey goosey and ready to go before game 5.

We saw how that ended.

Not what I heard. celts were; we were tight.
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 12:51 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Here is the thing JB, I'm not out the door, I am just lost and hurt.

Dwyer isn't out the door.

Windy isn't out the door.

Peeks isn't out the door.

You're projecting Herm and Doug onto us, which is clouding your takes. Instead of reading between the lines and looking at the game for what it is you are defending accusations that are not there from us.

I'm just watching hopelessly. My mom got hit by a car in front of my on Tuesday, tonight may be my Dad or it may be an episode of reincarnation.

That said, Dwyer, Peeks, me, we have all handed you ways he could have impacted the game even w/ a worst case elbow injury. You've just ignored them because you're too hung up on the Herm's of the world.

Meh. I give. Ijust try to read your words carefully. I don't see much of a dif in the ire and cocnlsuions, except Jesse is usallly off the reservation extreme that he makes even me look lobotomized. ;-)

None of it matters in about 10 hours, so fuck it all anyway.

"Never surrrender, no matter what the odds. Ain't no way. Never surrender."
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:54 pm

The difference is long term.

One lost game isn't going to ruin LBJ for me.

It already has for how many here? How many people have run him out of town and already have their "good luck w/ the choker/quitter" takes written for when he "leaves?"
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 12:57 pm

jb wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:JB the team was also loosey goosey and ready to go before game 5.

We saw how that ended.

Not what I heard. celts were; we were tight.

LeBron in a high-energy, good mood this morning. For whatever that is worth. #cavs

Windhorst, May 11th, 11:38AM.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 1:10 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The difference is long term.

It already has for how many here? How many people have run him out of town and already have their "good luck w/ the choker/quitter" takes written for when he "leaves?"

Well, they've already posted them.

Look, there has always been a strange bron-hatta undercurrent I can' fully explain going back to gloria's Hummer. I don't pay much mind to the webernets crazies, but I put conclusions down to 2 things: crazy hate cued up looking for an outlet and overreaction.

Cavaliers basketball dies the day that young man leaves AFAIC.

I regret what I heard was a verbal report about the team. Was listening to t RBS that day. No citation.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:12 pm

As I said elsewhere, the Cavs will be the Sonics if he leaves.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Thu May 13, 2010 1:13 pm

Nice. Really thorough. We're all racking our brains, and like was said, in 10 hours we'll know a lot more. Here's one more thought.

One more "data point:" the left handed foul shot in the Chi. game. As has been noted, that game wasn't over and that point could have been crucial. But LB chose to make a point about how injured he was, what a hero he'd been during the game. It was partly diva, but it's also arrogance. Like I've mentioned before, Clevelanders have a hard time understanding LB because LB thinks like a winner - he assumes he's going to win in every situation, and in his life in general.

So, he takes the night off in game 5 bec his arm hurts and he's shooting like crap, bec he's arrogat, totally confident, either that he can still come back and win the series, or, if he doesn't, bec he will be fine in the long run and win titles in the future.

Yeah, this doesn't jibe completely with the white hot rage he showed walking off the court in Orl. last year, but maybe he's grown a bit since then. And we'll see tonight. But, as JB might say, he's just a different cat. He doesn't think like we do. Hopefully, the fire is also still there.
Frank Duffy

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Hargrove

Unread postby JCoz » Thu May 13, 2010 1:15 pm

jb wrote:

Look, there has always been a strange bron-hatta undercurrent I can' fully explain going back to gloria's Hummer. I don't pay much mind to the webernets crazies, but I put conclusions down to 2 things: crazy hate cued up looking for an outlet and overreaction.

I regret what I heard was a verbal report about the team. Was listening to t RBS that day. No citation.

Where are you talking about? RE:Bron hater undercurrent....on this forum?

I was surprised to see more than one person post a "don't let the door hit you" post.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 1:26 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Why Dwyer is the best in the biz (follow-up to yesterday):

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_d ... nba,240810

I dig this sentance:

It's only to say that, when you've seen someone act as weird as he has, it has to be considered as an option. However unlikely.

That's how far I go. I can buy in.

Liked the rest as well.

OTOH, I sense some disingenuousness in Dwyer's "why? moi?" tude.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=15510

Like I wrote.

Agandas.
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 1:30 pm

JCoz wrote:
jb wrote:

Where are you talking about? RE:Bron hater undercurrent....on this forum?

I was surprised to see more than one person post a "don't let the door hit you" post.

Of course Coz. Some here, some out in the owrld.

People root for this kid to lose it and when he slips there's more than a bit of crowing.

It is what it is.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu May 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Agenda, naw.

KD just always has and always will get apocalyptically upset when players act entitled and they didn't win a ring.

Not a great piece, but not one that I even actually care about as it doesn't deal w/ hoops.

KD hates LBJ not being what LBJ could be and that piece reads as someone who is pissed that LBJ called himself a King when he still hasn't realized his own potential on the court. Own the court then own the rest.

But if you want to hiccup the best analysis on this series because of that be my guest, Herm.

I read the guy every day and he's been talking up LBJ every day for years.

He's let down, especially now.

He was the first nationally to full embrace LBJ as TBPotP.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Thu May 13, 2010 1:35 pm

I guess so, I spend alot of time in OSU forums so I'm used to a thread after every bad game or missed last second shot slamming LBJ.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Thu May 13, 2010 1:38 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Agenda, naw.

KD just always has and always will get apocalyptically upset when players act entitled and they didn't win a ring.

Not a great piece, but not one that I even actually care about as it doesn't deal w/ hoops.

KD hates LBJ not being what LBJ could be and that piece reads as someone who is pissed that LBJ called himself a King when he still hasn't realized his own potential on the court. Own the court then own the rest.

But if you want to hiccup the best analysis on this series because of that be my guest, Herm.

Yeah, I used to get pissed at the same thing myself. Then I thought he really carried the team in last postseason even as we lost.

I will say that tonight may do oneof three things for me: leave me bewildered, get me on the hatawagon with you, and peeker and Herm ( vb ;-) ) , or have me goin' Ea$t Side on everyone. Ummm, but over a win.

Not sayin' KD has it out for LBJ, only that he's not really a fan neither. I just watch this stuff to shape my takes on take, not discredit, knowwhatImean?

I thnk we've done this to death today. When the F is tip off. I'm rather worthless, snacking on nails like bron himself.
jb

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu May 13, 2010 1:57 pm

I've never particularly cared for the kid on a personal level, Eeyore. LeBron, that is. Just so you know. I think I've made that clear enough over the last year or so. He rubs me the wrong way with the constant attention whoring, the flirting with New York and basically how he's jerked this city around for the last seven years like a hot girl dating a guy who knows he's punching above his weight.

I think he's a douchebag. I don't believe I'm the only one among this fanbase who thinks that way either. I think there's been an undercurrent of dislike for LeBron among the fans for some time now, maybe going back to the 2007 ALDS. There's awe for the man's skills, but next to zero in the way of real affection. I don't think people trust him or relate to him for the most part, even though he's a local.

As long as he gets the job done on the court his BS is tolerable. If he isn't- and he isn't in this series- the knives will come out, and people have been brandishing them for a while. Frankly, I have. I've been waiting for the opportunity to jump LeBron's shit and now I have it.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:00 pm

jb wrote:
JCoz wrote:I was surprised to see more than one person post a "don't let the door hit you" post.

People root for this kid to lose it and when he slips there's more than a bit of crowing.

It is what it is.

Really? People are surprised that there are emotional responses in this forum? You fucking kidding me? ;-) ;) :wink:

JCoz responds emotionally to most posts. Yeah, I have the ability to recognize such things and I come by it honestly. It'll kill him not to do it on this specific one (check- your move :nanner: ) but now he really can't :salute: .

JB- You still swearing off the Browns fandom and their philosophy/process like you were for 90 glorious minutes after the TJ Ward pick was announced? :bag:

But we'll keep score on this one?

Alrighty then. :thumb up:

Y'all want a fan's perspective you deal with the shit said in the heat of the battle. Y'all want perspective than give it a few days. We get there. You guys should know that shit better than anyone.

Fuck, it was some of you who told/taught me to keep it rational after years of calling out the douchebags who tell me the Tribe's fucked when the Carmona's first pitch of the game is high and wide.

I'm not apologizing for calling out what I see as an issue of a guy quitting after watching 95% of the total minutes this team has played this season. Stand by it. Separate the wheaty analysis from the emotional chaff boys.

You know better.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby JCoz » Thu May 13, 2010 2:07 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:
JCoz wrote:I was surprised to see more than one person post a "don't let the door hit you" post.

It is what it is.

Really? People are surprised that there are emotional responses in this forum? You fucking kidding me? ;-) ;) :wink:

JCoz responds emotionally to most posts. Yeah, I have the ability to recognize such things and I come by it honestly. It'll kill him not to do it on this specific one (check- your move :nanner: ) but now he really can't :salute: .

JB- You still swearing off the Browns fandom and their philosophy/process like you were for 90 glorious minutes after the TJ Ward pick was announced? :bag:

But we'll keep score on this one?

Alrighty then. :thumb up:

Y'all want a fan's perspective you deal with the shit said in the heat of the battle. Y'all want perspective than give it a few days. We get there. You guys should know that shit better than anyone.

Fuck, it was some of you who told/taught me to keep it rational after years of calling out the douchebags who tell me the Tribe's fucked when the Carmona's first pitch of the game is high and wide.

I'm not apologizing for calling out what I see as an issue of a guy quitting after watching 95% of the total minutes this team has played this season. Stand by it. Separate the wheaty analysis from the emotional chaff boys.

You know better.

I can't tell exactly what you are saying about me here.
JCoz

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:18 pm

JCoz wrote:I can't tell exactly what you are saying about me here.

People can run hot when reacting to these teams we follow. React passionately and analytically in the same post and sometimes differentiating between the two can be tough. You do, I do, JB does.

That's all.

I no more want James gone because of Game 5 or a bad series than any other rational human being who is a resident of the area and/or a fan of the Cavaliers. But that doesn't mean I don't think he quit Tuesday night.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 13, 2010 3:43 pm

hermanfontenot wrote: I think he's a douchebag. I don't believe I'm the only one among this fanbase who thinks that way either. .

No not at all. I said I didn't like him off the court in the Browns forum during the whole Braylon Punch-Gate. Got lectured for it too.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu May 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Speaking of chiming, here is the arrogant and rotund Jason Whitlock's take on LeBron Saga 2010.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebr ... ock-051310
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA