Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Watt » Wed May 12, 2010 12:47 am

:bunny:
Watt
Talent On Loan From God

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Luis Valbuena

Re: Cavs/Celtics Game 6

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 12, 2010 12:48 am

103-78 Celtics. Good luck with the Magic old geezers. I fucking have class too. I need to decide whether to watch in class and get infuriated or watch at home per dvr and get drunk.
Last edited by Ziner on Wed May 12, 2010 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:52 am

I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 1:00 am

Boston wins. They put up about as much resistance against the Magic as Atlanta did.

LAL and PHX might actually be a good series, but I expect the Lakers to pull it out (since they aren't fucking pretenders like some teams).

Lakers-Magic... again. Whoooo! Thrilling.

The best you can hope for is for Dwight Howard to die.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed May 12, 2010 1:05 am

Hikohadon wrote:Boston wins. They put up about as much resistance against the Magic as Atlanta did.

Boston has the best defender of Dewey Howard in the league in Kendrick Perkins. They will put up a stout resistance against Orlando.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 1:07 am

hermanfontenot wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Boston wins. They put up about as much resistance against the Magic as Atlanta did.

Boston has the best defender of Dewey Howard in the league in Kendrick Perkins. They will put up a stout resistance against Orlando.

Yeah, gotta remember that BOS put up a much better fight against ORL last year than certain other teams.

ORL in 6.
Hikohadon

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 1:24 am

Cleveland can win. The Cavs have given up home court in pathetically embarrassing fashion twice, so why not Boston? They did lose to the f***ing Nets and Wizards at home this year. And beyond 2008, the post-season histories of Pierce, Garnett, and Allen haven't exactly been glory filled.

Don't want to think about a series with Orlando, but they can certainly get it back to Cleveland to potentially embarrass all of us a third time this series.
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Favorite Player: Howard Baldwin
Least Favorite Player: the Prom Queen's ego

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed May 12, 2010 1:28 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:Don't want to think about a series with Orlando, but they can certainly get it back to Cleveland to potentially embarrass all of us a third time this series.

We've lost our last two home games by a total of 50 points. Think that might be a nervous building Sunday?
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 1:34 am

hermanfontenot wrote:
RIBrownsFan wrote:Don't want to think about a series with Orlando, but they can certainly get it back to Cleveland to potentially embarrass all of us a third time this series.

We've lost our last two home games by a total of 50 points. Think that might be a nervous building Sunday?

F*** that building, frankly. I've never seen a more pathetic home crowd in the later rounds of a playoff series. The Canucks were getting destroyed by the Blackhawks tonight and their crowd was in it until late in the third period.

The Cavs can get up by 8 in the first half and you don't hear a peep from these a***holes.

We can cheer for the Browns when they're down 27-7 to San Diego but not for the team with the best record in the NBA when they're winning? F*** all of this cursed crap.
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 12, 2010 1:34 am

aoxo1 wrote:Image

Fuck yeah Mooninites.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 1:42 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:
hermanfontenot wrote:

F*** that building, frankly. I've never seen a more pathetic home crowd in the later rounds of a playoff series. The Canucks were getting destroyed by the Blackhawks tonight and their crowd was in it until late in the third period.

The Cavs can get up by 8 in the first half and you don't hear a peep from these a***holes.

We can cheer for the Browns when they're down 27-7 to San Diego but not for the team with the best record in the NBA when they're winning? F*** all of this cursed crap.

They cheer for the 1-11 Browns because they have no expectation of the Browns doing shit. Why the fuck not cheer? There's only 7000 people there, and it's damn cold.

They're silent as the Cavs melt down in Game 5 because the Cavs actually have a chance to win a championship, and they've seen this flick way too many times before.

The Cleveland Fan will always ALWAYS be naturally wary until one of their teams actually DOESN'T justify their fear.

Until then... get used to nervous crowds for teams that are (supposedly) realistically "in the hunt".
Hikohadon

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 1:48 am

Hikohadon wrote:
They cheer for the 1-11 Browns because they have no expectation of the Browns doing shit. Why the fuck not cheer? There's only 7000 people there, and it's damn cold.

They're silent as the Cavs melt down in Game 5 because the Cavs actually have a chance to win a championship, and they've seen this flick way too many times before.

The Cleveland Fan will always ALWAYS be naturally wary until one of their teams actually DOESN'T justify their fear.

Until then... get used to nervous crowds for teams that are (supposedly) realistically "in the hunt".

They were sitting on their hands before the shit went south. The same as they did in Game 2. Providing no home court advantage whatsoever is one way to contribute to that title drought being extended by another year.

Again, fuck this "The Cleveland Fan" crap. I was born there, and like everybody else on here, haven't seen any of these teams win jack shit. Still, I don't know when we turned into ridiculous imitations of Boston whiners. We're not entitled to win anything, and it would be nice if the fans helped the teams out in the limited ways that they can. Getting off of their fat asses and cheering being chief among those ways.

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed May 12, 2010 1:53 am

Ok. Fuck It.

Game 6

Cavs 98

C's 92

Gutcheck time.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 2:01 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Ok. Fuck It.

Game 6

Cavs 98

C's 92

Gutcheck time.

That's the spirit. Fuck these front running chowdaheads who will be crawling out of the woodwork now that their Bruins bandwagon has sprung a leak. Fuck front-running KG and Ray "we needed to jump ship to win a ring" Allen and the Wheelchair Diva "the C's never won more than 49 games in a season when I was the big dog" Pierce. And fuck that little green turd Rondo for good measure too.

They lose Thursday, they lose. But their opponents haven't proven it's a lock over the course of this season by a long shot.

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 2:03 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

They were sitting on their hands before the shit went south. The same as they did in Game 2. Providing no home court advantage whatsoever is one way to contribute to that title drought being extended by another year.

Again, fuck this "The Cleveland Fan" crap. I was born there, and like everybody else on here, haven't seen any of these teams win jack shit. Still, I don't know when we turned into ridiculous imitations of Boston whiners. We're not entitled to win anything, and it would be nice if the fans helped the teams out in the limited ways that they can. Getting off of their fat asses and cheering being chief among those ways.

Dude, I ain't makin' excuses.

I'm just sayin' that's the way it is.

That's the way that crowd feels.

They're nervous for Game 5 because they don't feel they should be in this position against the freakin' Celts in Game 5, but here they are, and another royal choke is closer than it appears in the rearview mirror.

They were nervous come 'bout 8 pm Sunday.

They were nervous all Monday.

They walked into that arena expecting the worse, and the Cavs showed them their panic was justified.

What was that that Cass said about Beaten Wives Syndrome?

It's a sad reality, and I wish it weren't so. But if you think that Joe Cleveland Fan is gonna enter his team's do-or-die situation without "die" being the operative subconscious domination, then you don't know Joe.
Hikohadon

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 2:18 am

Hikohadon wrote:Dude, I ain't makin' excuses.

They're nervous for Game 5 because they don't feel they should be in this position against the freakin' Celts in Game 5, but here they are, and another royal choke is closer than it appears in the rearview mirror.

They walked into that arena expecting the worse, and the Cavs showed them their panic was justified.

What was that that Cass said about Beaten Wives' Syndrome?

It's a sad reality, and I wish it weren't so. But if you think that Joe Cleveland Fan is gonna enter a do-or-die situation without "die" being the operative subconscious domination, then you don't know Joe.

I know that the "Joes" are making a choice to act like grade A jackasses, and I wish that they wouldn't drag the rest of us down with them.

The Cavs have been chicken shit a hell of a lot more often than they've been chicken salad. As pathetic as last night was, it was still only the sixth time in 40 years that they've even reached the fifth game of a conference semifinal. Think about that.

Whether LeBron leaves at the end of this season or ten years from now, this is the golden era of Cavs basketball, and people should be savoring it and giving the team all they've got, not peeing in their fucking pants because Marty played prevent in January of '87.

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 2:20 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:

It's a sad reality, and I wish it weren't so. But if you think that Joe Cleveland Fan is gonna enter a do-or-die situation without "die" being the operative subconscious domination, then you don't know Joe.

I know that the "Joes" are making a choice to act like grade A jackasses, and I wish that they wouldn't drag the rest of us down with them.

The Cavs have been chicken shit a hell of a lot more often than they've been chicken salad. As pathetic as last night was, it was still only the sixth time in 40 years that they've even reached the fifth game of a conference semifinal. Think about that.

Whether LeBron leaves at the end of this season or ten years from now, this is the golden era of Cavs basketball, and people should be savoring it and giving the team all they've got, not peeing in their fucking pants because Marty played prevent in January of '87.

Ah, if the human psyche were only so easy to manipulate...
Hikohadon

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 2:29 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:Whether LeBron leaves at the end of this season or ten years from now, this is the golden era of Cavs basketball, and people should be savoring it and giving the team all they've got, not peeing in their fucking pants because Marty played prevent in January of '87.

Actually, let me respond to that.

Unless you're over 50, there is no fucking "Golden Era".

One might argue that the "Golden Era" of the Cavs were the Price-Daugherty-Nance years, but you know what we all REALLY remember about that? Jordan hittin the shot over Craig fucking Ehlo.

And (unless you're over 50), the "Golden Era" of the Browns was The Drive and The Fumble. Not even one fukcing measly appearance in a Super Bowl.

The Tribe's "Golden Era" was the 90's, culminating in 2 World Series losses, one of which was more painful than gargling broken glass.

There is no fucking "Golden Era" here. If you think one token appearance in the NBA Finals and a bunch of fucking disappointing disasters thereafter should make me want to dance a fucking jig and wax poetic to my grandchildren about the fantastic "LeBron Years", then Fuck You.

Golden Era my ass.

Win a fucking championship and I'll call it a "Golden Era". Until then... 1964 Mutha Fucka.
Hikohadon

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 2:49 am

Hikohadon wrote:

One might argue that the "Golden Era" of the Cavs were the Price-Daugherty-Nance years, but you know what we all REALLY remember about that? Jordan hittin the shot over Craig fucking Ehlo.

And (unless you're over 50), the "Golden Era" of the Browns was The Drive and The Fumble. Not even one fukcing measly appearance in a Super Bowl.

The Tribe's "Golden Era" was the 90's, culminating in 2 World Series losses, one of which was more painful than gargling broken glass.

There is no fucking "Golden Era" here. If you think one token appearance in the NBA Finals and a bunch of fucking disappointing disasters thereafter should make me want to dance a fucking jig and wax poetic to my grandchildren about the fantastic "LeBron Years", then Fuck You.

Golden Era my ass.

Win a fucking championship and I'll call it a "Golden Era". Until then... 1964 Mutha Fucka.

Boo fuckin' hoo dude.

Sorry that you feel you "deserve" a championship and it hasn't happened for you. Again, given this only the seventh time ever that they've even gotten this far, I have no idea why you would feel that way. You can call it whatever the fuck you want, but it remains the best period of sustained success in Cavs history.

And however the LeBron era plays out, you will be wishing for these days back when the Cavs are back in their David Stern approved Pacers-Bucks first round and out if you're lucky place.

And again, be pissed off because LeBron played like he had a bruised vagina in Game 5, and not because the Browns once drafted Mike Junkin. Step away from the Bill Simmons columns and Dan Shaughnessy books and get some perspective.

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed May 12, 2010 6:29 am

Cavs win game 6, they win game 7

even though we've been blown away twice at home I just don't believe we will drop 3 of 4 games at the Q I just don't

but then again this team has been downright ugly
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Brantley // Irving
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed May 12, 2010 6:32 am

I hope Boston beat the Magic just so ESPN stops going on about how we're not as good as people think, or as our regular season suggests just because we're losing to a bunch of old guys and Rondo
disregarding the fact 3 are future HOFers, the team were champions 2 seasons ago and Rondo is a neglected superstar.

Mike Brown has to be fired after this series

2 seasons in a row we've had the best record 60+ wins

and he can't even get us to the Finals either time.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 6:40 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:I hope Boston beat the Magic just so ESPN stops going on about how we're not as good as people think, or as our regular season suggests just because we're losing to a bunch of old guys and Rondo
disregarding the fact 3 are future HOFers, the team were champions 2 seasons ago and Rondo is a neglected superstar.

I see where you're coming from, but of course a) the Cavs haven't been eliminated yet and b) nothing will excuse their gutless and pathetic effort in Game 5. There's just no acceptable explanation for it.

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby waborat » Wed May 12, 2010 6:51 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:They were sitting on their hands before the shit went south. The same as they did in Game 2. Providing no home court advantage whatsoever is one way to contribute to that title drought being extended by another year.

It's posts like this that effing slay me... :lmfao:

Sit on your couch or bar stool and rip the fans who were there...

The first sentence is so unbelieveable I don't know what to say?

Maybe turn up your TV volume if ya want to hear some cheering? IDK?

If you weren't at games 2 or 5 and didn't experience first hand, then STFU about the fans...No one turned on the team early and everybody was ready to go until the 3rd quarter massacre...

I love how it's the fans fault that 12 prima donnas can't get up for the occasion ::doh::
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 7:03 am

waborat wrote:
RIBrownsFan wrote:They were sitting on their hands before the shit went south. The same as they did in Game 2. Providing no home court advantage whatsoever is one way to contribute to that title drought being extended by another year.

If you weren't at games 2 or 5 and didn't experience first hand, then STFU about the fans...No one turned on the team early and everybody was ready to go until the 3rd quarter massacre...

I love how it's the fans fault that 12 prima donnas can't get up for the occasion ::doh::

I never said it was the crowd's fault that the Cavs played like shit. And I don't think you can suggest that myself or others have not crapped all over their performance, either.

I just don't understand the point of going mute at the first sign of adversity, as the crowd appeared to do in Games 2 and 5. And it's great that these sorts of posts slay you, but you seem to keep having to defend the crowd to multiple posters on this board.

It appeared to a large number of people watching that y'all wussed out. Sorry. Whether you guys did or didn't, let me clarify for you that in my mind the Cavs themselves were far more embarrassing either way.

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 7:18 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Golden Era my ass.

Boo fuckin' hoo dude.

Sorry that you feel you "deserve" a championship and it hasn't happened for you. Again, given this only the seventh time ever that they've even gotten this far, I have no idea why you would feel that way. You can call it whatever the fuck you want, but it remains the best period of sustained success in Cavs history.

And however the LeBron era plays out, you will be wishing for these days back when the Cavs are back in their David Stern approved Pacers-Bucks first round and out if you're lucky place.

And again, be pissed off because LeBron played like he had a bruised vagina in Game 5, and not because the Browns once drafted Mike Junkin. Step away from the Bill Simmons columns and Dan Shaughnessy books and get some perspective.

Please feel free to point out in large font and glaring color where I stated that I (or anyone) "deserves" anything.

I am simply stating for you the following:

1. The average Cleveland Fan is gunshy because his/her previous experience has always ended in disappointment. This is only natural.

2. While it is true that these Cavs are more pleasurable to watch than, say, the Shawn Kemp Cavs, to refer to these 4 or 5 years as a "Golden Era" shows that, to me, you are easily satisfied.

Do you think they'd call this a "Golden Era" in New York or Boston or LA? I'm a-guessin' no.

If you want to call it a "Golden Era" because it is good for Cleveland comparatively, then have at it. I just can't find it in my heart to start composing sonnets for a team that, ultimately, is a failure.
Hikohadon

Unread postby waborat » Wed May 12, 2010 7:24 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:
waborat wrote:

I never said it was the crowd's fault that the Cavs played like shit. And I don't think you can suggest that myself or others have not crapped all over their performance, either.

I just don't understand the point of going mute at the first sign of adversity, as the crowd appeared to do in Games 2 and 5. And it's great that these sorts of posts slay you, but you seem to keep having to defend the crowd to multiple posters on this board.

It appeared to a large number of people watching that y'all wussed out. Sorry. Whether you guys did or didn't, let me clarify for you that in my mind the Cavs themselves were far more embarrassing either way.

You did state that "it would be nice if the fans helped the teams out in the limited ways that they can. Getting off of their fat asses and cheering being chief among those ways."...

I agree with that if it was true...

Not sure WTF is going on with TNT and the crowd sound, but all I can tell you is the crowd was into it until they went south again...

Just love that we don't have enough to bitch about with the team, so we finger the fans who have been ready to support each and every game until TCFE hits as usual
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed May 12, 2010 7:38 am

I would have lost my entire life savings predicting the Cavaliers to win by 15 last nigh, but.................I think they win and cover game six. :hide:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed May 12, 2010 7:40 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:I hope Boston beat the Magic just so ESPN stops going on about how we're not as good as people think, or as our regular season suggests just because we're losing to a bunch of old guys and Rondo

I see where you're coming from, but of course a) the Cavs haven't been eliminated yet and b) nothing will excuse their gutless and pathetic effort in Game 5. There's just no acceptable explanation for it.

I should have put 'if we don't progress to the ECF' at the beginning

I still believe if we win game 6 then we should win game 7

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 7:45 am

Hikohadon wrote:
Please feel free to point out in large font and glaring color where I stated that I (or anyone) "deserves" anything.

I am simply stating for you the following:

1. The average Cleveland Fan is gunshy because his/her previous experience has always ended in disappointment. This is only natural.

2. While it is true that these Cavs are more pleasurable to watch than, say, the Shawn Kemp Cavs, to refer to these 4 or 5 years as a "Golden Era" shows that, to me, you are easily satisfied.

Do you think they'd call this a "Golden Era" in New York or Boston or LA? I'm a-guessin' no.

If you want to call it a "Golden Era" because it is good for Cleveland comparatively, then have at it. I just can't find it in my heart to start composing sonnets for a team that, ultimately, is a failure.

If you don't feel that you deserve a championship, then why are you so disappointed by this not even completed "failure" of a LeBron era?

We can agree to disagree on the relative lameness of those Cleveland fans who shrivel up in a ball when things go poorly. It certainly is not, however, the universal reaction of all Cleveland sports fans.

You can suggest that I am easily satisfied, but I will then simply suggest that you are being totally unrealistic in your expectations. You do realize that if the Cavs go out with a whimper in Game 6, they will still have won 16 playoff games the last two years. From 1977-2005, the Cavs won 20 of them. So I'm not sure how it makes any sense for you to totally dismiss the accomplishments of the LeBron era.

What they call a golden era somewhere else is totally irrelevant to our situation. Though why you would bring up New York, where they still masturbate to grainy footage of Willis Reed, I don't know. The simple truth is that the Cavs are never going to be the Celtics or the Lakers. Free agents are not going to flock here or be shepherded to our door by the league. And if LeBron bolts at the end of this year, they're not even going to have the pedigree of the Milwaukee Bucks.

I'm sure as hell not happy with that disaster from last night, nor do I think you should be. But good or ill, sonnets or none by you, these are the good old days.

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed May 12, 2010 7:45 am

Oh and Eye was spot on

I was wrong to blame Shaq mainly for a few awful hook shots and some bad play early in this series for the Cavs overall situation. He's been great for us since game 3

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 7:48 am

waborat wrote:
You did state that "it would be nice if the fans helped the teams out in the limited ways that they can. Getting off of their fat asses and cheering being chief among those ways."...

I agree with that if it was true...

Not sure WTF is going on with TNT and the crowd sound, but all I can tell you is the crowd was into it until they went south again...

Just love that we don't have enough to bitch about with the team, so we finger the fans who have been ready to support each and every game until TCFE hits as usual

I'm perfectly willing to concede this point after a few hours of sleep.

TNT could certainly minimize the crowd noise whereas the NHL doesn't necessarily do that on Versus.

LOL, indeed, sadly there was enough venom to go around for everyone.

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed May 12, 2010 7:54 am

Cavs need to play past paced basketball with the good ball movement, great defense I loved watching in the regular season. We're too profligate with possessions this series, too much settling for long range jump shots. Boston are really smothering us on D for long periods in the game forcing us to commit a lot of errors and turnovers.
Also where was JJ last night?? obviously he wouldn't have changed the result but I mean he's proved his worth this series, get him on the floor

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed May 12, 2010 8:26 am

Look at the OP, the magic man during the Tribe's '07 late season run.

See everyone back at the Q for game 7.

In Watt we trust
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 9:04 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:If you don't feel that you deserve a championship, then why are you so disappointed by this not even completed "failure" of a LeBron era?

Uh, because I WANT a Championship, and I'm sick and f-ing tired of never having experienced one. How does that have anything to do with "deserve"? Are you being deliberately stupid?

RIBrownsFan wrote:We can agree to disagree on the relative lameness of those Cleveland fans who shrivel up in a ball when things go poorly. It certainly is not, however, the universal reaction of all Cleveland sports fans.

Never said it was, nor did I say it was right. Crowds get nervous, especially when they get deja vu. But I do have a friend who's super-optimistic always and somehow is SHOCKED each year when the Cavs/Indians/Browns lose, so they're out there.

RIBrownsFan wrote:You can suggest that I am easily satisfied, but I will then simply suggest that you are being totally unrealistic in your expectations. You do realize that if the Cavs go out with a whimper in Game 6, they will still have won 16 playoff games the last two years. From 1977-2005, the Cavs won 20 of them. So I'm not sure how it makes any sense for you to totally dismiss the accomplishments of the LeBron era.

They had the best regular season record in the league the last two years.

This team was built for Championship or Bust.

And being unsatisfied with the results makes me UNREALISTIC?

Dude, I don't even understand you.

I'm not "totally dismissing" anything, but nor am I about to celebrate a team that consistently fell short (if they lose Game 6, tragically short this year) of its announced goal. Yes, you are obviously easily satisfied.
Hikohadon

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:05 am

Boy, I sure hope I can enjoy another Golden Era of crushing playoff losses and underachievement after the sun sets on this joy ride.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 9:18 am

aoxo1 wrote:Boy, I sure hope I can enjoy another Golden Era of crushing playoff losses and underachievement after the sun sets on this joy ride.

Odds are you won't, and you'll be bitching about how you wish you could, a la the fondness for the '85-'89 Browns, but whatever.

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 9:20 am

Biggest game in franchise history.

Literally no outcome would surprise me at all.

No prediction.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 9:24 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:

+ 1

We shoulda savored January 87 in retrospect, but I think we did.
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Wed May 12, 2010 9:27 am

jb wrote:Biggest game in franchise history.

Literally no outcome would surprise me at all.

No prediction.

Biggest game in franchise history?

Can you just keep pushing that back a game? And then if they win, will game 7 be the most important?

And then when they get trounced at home in game one of the ECF, will game 2 be the most important?

Also, which game will be important to Mr. James?

I guess this one, since he can't say, its only one game in a series anymore.

I wish I could predict that James will play like he gives a fuck on Thursday.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 12, 2010 9:29 am

As a fan myself I have 0 confidence we pull this out, and the team feels the same IMO. Yeah we can somehow snatch a win in game 6, I mean we have two wins on their floor already, but what leads one to think we win at home game 7? Why and where this all comes from is the bigger question.

BTW real quick, are we still going with the "adversity is good" schtick for an excuse round here?

For the life of me I cannot put my finger on WTF is going on with this team right now but most of it has to do with one Mr. LeBron James. When this series is all said and done I am curious to what he will say. Oh never mind he said some of it tonight. What is going on with this guys head, and where is HIS heart? For the past 3-4 days we've been hearing the MJ and Kobe comparison about killer instinct, we've heard his name mentioned with theirs for years now. Well can I say stop with all that. I could care less about if LeBron is MJ or Kobe right now, it's completely irrelevant, why, b/c LeBron isn't even being LeBron right now, not the LeBron that has been growing before our eyes the past 3 post seasons, not the LeBron that was focused and brought it for 82 straight games this regular season. Since the bone head pass to Andy in game 4 where has LeBron been? We've seen him perform some incredible magic before but we've never seen him disappear. Any of you in NY can you check & see if Lady Liberty is still standing out there?

Lots of thoughts run thoughts run through the mind in a spot like this.

It's all fixed?, don't laugh, especially in CTown that is a thought that crosses the mind and honestly there are not a ton of obvious more reasonable explanations so the it's fixed notion will exist. Let's just forget about that one though.

Is there something going on with him and MB? If so why is letting that override his on the court ability to play LeBron James basketball. LBJ is not a selfish player when on the court, he has proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt. However at some point just the competitive nature of a guy like him has to kick in to show up the opposition for even his own personal sake and for personal achievement. Frankly I cannot see how he could be blamed for an approach like that, but alas he still isn't coming on for even that reason.

Has he come to a decision on his future, or changed his mind on that, and is that ultimately effecting his approach to THIS team? My opinion has been that LeBron knows exactly what he is going to decide on this matter for a year or so, which was to stay. Has he suddenly swayed from that, has he seen something he suddenly doesn't like with this team or org? Has he sensed yet another year or two of getting the missing pieces. IOW are his bags mentally packed? Has he lost any patience for this process here?

It is all just so strange and truly so sudden when you consider that he just had an outstanding season of historical proportions that relied heavily on him bringing it every night. We've seen him take over quarters, halves and games before in the post season, he has had the Eye of the Tiger mentality for a stretch of play off games before.....yet he we are wondering why it feels like the guy is part of a second unit rotation.

JB I have to take issue with you suggesting "at least Bron gets that he peed the bed", no total BS. He doesn't get it. His comments last night allude to how clueless he is to exactly what has transpired.

LeBron: "I spoil a lot of people with my play. When you have 3 bad games in a 7-year career, it is easy to point that out."

He just thinks he had an off night, yeah he did, he took the night off. That is unacceptable.

In a weird way, maybe not so weird, this is worse that what went down with our Fumble/Drive/Shot crap b/c the scape goats of Ehlo/Byner played their collective hearts out when all that went down. Byner left every ounce of energy and heart he had on the field that evening. So much so that as a young fan I remember feeling as bad for Byner as I did for my selfish little ass as a Browns fan that day. LeBron is leaving his heart somewhere but it certainly isn't on the court.

I don't want to hear a word about this having to do with his elbow, that just doesn't wash, the proof of that is on the court.

There is just no solid answer for this right now, that is what makes this so difficult to watch and deal with. Is it the pressure, is he finally cracking to the unprecedented amount of pressure he has been given since day 1 of his career, let's be honest since he was 17 in HS.

I mean it seems too easy to call this a choke, and make no mistake about it up to this second it is.
Last edited by FUDU on Wed May 12, 2010 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cease » Wed May 12, 2010 9:31 am

The chips are down so I'm pushing all in. Cavs win in Beantown, come home to close.

As a fan, I've invested too much into too many seasons to turn tail now. I simply remind myself that every road to a championship is different, and maybe this is how the course of events is supposed to unfold. Why not us? Why not now?

I know there are empirical arguments to the above questions, but it's too late to acknowledge them between game 5 and game 6. Between hope and an ulcer, I'll take hope.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Wed May 12, 2010 9:31 am

Hikohadon wrote:
Uh, because I WANT a Championship, and I'm sick and f-ing tired of never having experienced one. How does that have anything to do with "deserve"? Are you being deliberately stupid?

Right, and because you've suffered sooooooooo long without one, you feel you've earned one. Or "deserve" one, you might say. Just like those Red Sox fans!

Hikohadon wrote:

I'm not "totally dismissing" anything, but nor am I about to celebrate a team that consistently fell short (if they lose Game 6, tragically short this year) of its announced goal. Yes, you are obviously easily satisfied.

Whatever dude, I'm easily satisfied and you bitch and moan about championships you deserve. We're all flawed. My original point was simply that what we have now is better than what we've ever had and almost certainly better than we will ever have again as far as the Cavs are concerned. So rather than just expect the roof to cave in, people should enjoy the ride as it's not going to last forever.

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 12, 2010 9:39 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:Look at the OP, the magic man during the Tribe's '07 late season run.

See everyone back at the Q for game 7.

In Watt we trust

Way too many people glossing over this fact.

Look, let's look to Game 6 and not back at Game 5 in this thread. There's another thread if you care to look in the rearview mirror at the family of five that's dead on the side of the road.

I saw it. It made me sick. I threw up in the column I wrote at 1am last night because I couldn't sleep.

I've never been more disgusted with a team in my life.

But with sports redemption is a game away. And as I said in the column it would not be stunning to see this team win tomorrow night. It wouldn't be stunning to see them lose by 20 either which is why I hate them...

But it's over. We can kill them Friday and for the rest of the sumer if they shit themselves tomorrow.

I;ve done all I could for Game 6 by begging Watt to start the gamethread. And I appreciate him doing so. Let's talk Game 6 in the Game 6 thread and out to bed the BS arguments about crowd noise.

I was there last Monday and I know waborat was there (again) last night. It was fucking loud. People were willing and able to get that way. And then the game happened.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby JCoz » Wed May 12, 2010 9:39 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Right, and because you've suffered sooooooooo long without one, you feel you've earned one. Or "deserve" one, you might say. Just like those Red Sox fans!

Hikohadon wrote:

Whatever dude, I'm easily satisfied and you bitch and moan about championships you deserve. We're all flawed. My original point was simply that what we have now is better than what we've ever had and almost certainly better than we will ever have again as far as the Cavs are concerned. So rather than just expect the roof to cave in, people should enjoy the ride as it's not going to last forever.

I think the biggest issue I have with this take is that you aren't taking into consideration the lack of effort.

I don't feel the same way as when we were down 3-2 in the ECF last year.

Even though we were equally as doomed.

I don't "deserve" a championship per say, but every invested fan does deserve effort. They deserve thier team caring, at least as much as professional atheletes can care.

So in short, I don't think a team that rolls over and quits is "better than its ever been" for cleveland sports fans.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 9:40 am

FUDU, I saw game 3 when all yall were coronating Bron just last week.

I don't conclude from a sample size of one. I don't conclude there is a soap opera. It was an off game that he acknowledged as such AFAIC until I see otherwise. He doesn't act like TO when he's god, so I don't expect him ti kow tow to me when he sucks.

YMMV.

I may be wrong. But I don't know enough yet.
jb

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 9:41 am

RIBrownsFan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Hikohadon wrote:

You, sir, lack a certain amount of reading comprehension.

I understand - it's hard to pay attention whilst being distracted by the glow of the Golden Era.
Hikohadon

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 9:43 am

JCoz wrote:
RIBrownsFan wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Hikohadon wrote:

I think the biggest issue I have with this take is that you aren't taking into consideration the lack of effort.

I don't feel the same way as when we were down 3-2 in the ECF last year.

Even though we were equally as doomed.

I don't "deserve" a championship per say, but every invested fan does deserve effort. They deserve thier team caring, at least as much as professional atheletes can care.

So in short, I don't think a team that rolls over and quits is "better than its ever been" for cleveland sports fans.

How they quit last night intrigues me.

One or two bad series ocurred an dthey just imploaded like the WTC. 2 turnovers, two treys, an dthey just crashed.

But I won't lable them "quitters" untyil I see hos they respond Thursday.

And J Coz, BTW, if they were to redeem themselves but lose in a close game Sunday, Thuirsday would stiill be the biggets game in franchise histiry. To end this season with two beat down quit efforts would rip the franchise asunder.
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Wed May 12, 2010 9:43 am

jb wrote:FUDU, I saw game 3 when all yall were coronating Bron just last week.

I don't conclude from a sample size of one. I don't conclude there is a soap opera. It was an off game that he acknowledged as such AFAIC until I see otherwise. He doesn't act like TO when he's god, so I don't expect him ti kow tow to me when he sucks.

YMMV.

The thing is game 3 is really the only game he has brought the real LeBron James to the party. Even game 1 & 2 he was lethargic, matter of fact that was the exact word used by 95% of the media the following day. It wasn't just last night, this series reeks of something going on somewhere, regardless of where, it ends up in that kids head come tip off.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby JCoz » Wed May 12, 2010 9:45 am

YMMV.

Dude, the sample size is NOT one game.

Games 2,4, and 5 were all bad games for Bron, each worse than the last. Each marked with even less fire and determination.

It ain't about his jumper being off. Dude has mentaly checked out of THREE games in one series.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 9:46 am

FUDU wrote:

YMMV.

The thing is game 3 is really the only game he has brought the real LeBron James to the party. Even game 1 & 2 he was lethargic, matter of fact that was the exact word used by 95% of the media the following day. It wasn't just last night, this series reeks of something going on somewhere, regardless of where, it ends up in that kids head come tip off.

Right.

Unless Bron plays on an 80 point plus pace for most ofthe game along with double diget boards and dimes, and we win by 20 + , the "real" Bron we expect every night doesn't show.

That's completely unrealistic. He is human.
jb

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA