Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

LeChoke?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

LeChoke?

Unread postby DrPoove » Tue May 11, 2010 11:28 pm

I stay out of the Cavs forum normally because basketball is by far the sport I am least comfortable in discussing. I defer to Herm, Cass, Burnsy and, yes, even e0y2e3 (he may be surly but he does know hoop) but holy crap WTF...

Cass may be right on the nose with the "LBJ just might not have 'IT' when it comes to being a winner" take.

Has any "superstar" been so small in a series and look so disinterested at the same time BUT have the ability to be THE game changer a la Game 3.

I mean, if you throw it out there on the line and lose, so be it. Anyone who thought the Celtics didn't have any pride and were going to roll over was kidding themselves. But holy, motherf#cking sh#t, it looks like the man either does not care or has no idea what to do, and he is not seeing anything he hasn't seen before.

You finally have Shaq back into form and your #1 is MIA.

Coach Roker isn't helping. Regular Season Mo isn't helping. But if LBj would just show up, the Celtics don't have an answer for the Cavs.

A huge LeChoke, IMHO.

My only hope is this...
Christ, 7 years of Cavs b-ball down the drain...
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Re: LeChoke?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue May 11, 2010 11:49 pm

Like LePoove, I normally stay outta here.

But alcohol makes me wanna say:

Goodbye, Z. Your last game in CLE. You played some good minutes, at least.

Goodbye, Shaq. You were a hired gun, but I'm saying goodbye to your body of work as a whole, cuz I have to figure that you're done (unless you take the vet min to back up Bynum).

Goodbye LeB? Maybe. I kinda doubt it, especially if that's what's supposed to be your swansong in CLE. I'd hope that your shame at your effort would keep you from leavin'. But you might.

And then my girlfriend said "He'll just go win a Championship somewhere else."

Where?

Where the Fuck is he gonna go where he'll be on a Championship team right away?

Miami? Please.

New York? New Jersey? Starting from Fucking Zero.

Chicago? Maybe. At least they have a good PG. But LeB trying to live up to MJ? That's just a train wreck waiting to happen.

The only way LeB is winning a Championship is if he takes less and goes to Orlando or Los Angeles. And he ain't. He's THE KING. He's 25. He ain't ready to be "Witness Protection". He ain't ready to be second fiddle for the interest of "the ring". Maybe someday he'll be the equivalent of Karl Malone in LA, but not yet.

His best bet is to stay in Cleveland and try try again.

If he goes, que sera sera. I'm not stressing about a guy leaving. Haven't for years. If he goes, the Cavs have a lot of dough to spend, they still have some pieces, and they'll be a 7 seed next year.

And I might actually enjoy watching them. 2007 was a helluva lot more fun than 2009 and 2010.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby jfiling » Wed May 12, 2010 12:12 am

DrPoove wrote:Has any "superstar" been so small in a series and look so disinterested at the same time BUT have the ability to be THE game changer a la Game 3.

I asked my wife this same question, except the descriptor I used for LeBron was "MVP" instead of "superstar". I really can't think of a regular season MVP ever giving as gutless of a performance in a playoff game, although my gut tells me that if it did happen his name rhymes with "Jilt Gamberlain".
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:14 am

I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby jfiling » Wed May 12, 2010 12:17 am

aoxo1 wrote:Image

Interestingly, in that picture I see a name that rhymes with "Jilt Gamberlain".
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby papacass » Wed May 12, 2010 12:33 am

One thing I'm certain of is that the Cavs are way too reliant on LeBron as an organizational foundation.

Of course, you're going to build a team around your superstar. But if you have built a team that succumbs to LeBron's every slump and emotional tilt, that's a big problem.

Teams are supposed to pick each other up. Instead, it looks like the Cavs, from the ownership box to the towel boys, are LBJ's marionette now more than ever.

I know the widely-held belief is that the the Sun will go supernova if LBJ leaves. The Cavs will be calling St. Louis or Seattle home within five years. But I'm starting to really wonder if Dan Gilbert -- if he's willing to pony up in red for another couple of seasons -- could construct a better team (in the true sense of "team") without LBJ. A team that can finally master the concept of five-man basketball.

I still want LeBron back, and even with this disaster, I still think odds are he'll come back. It's bad business to leave the Cavs' high-offer money on the table to sign elsewhere. And apparently, going elsewhere won't increase his title chances anytime soon.

But honestly? The Cavs have been kissing LeBron's ass and catering to his every whim for seven years, believing that all of the New York flirting and diva-acting will be worth it when he brings home the NBA title. But they've turned him from the best player on the team to something in the neighborhood of Lord and Savior. When he's helping them win, it's golden. When he craps out, the flaws in how the Cavs have deified LBJ are exposed in a truly glaring fashion. The whole organization turns to Swiss cheese.

The Cavs have battered wife syndrome when it comes to LBJ. He screws with them, they keep coming back for more. This is not a healthy relationship. Can it get healthy? I don't know.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed May 12, 2010 12:37 am

Agree 1000% Cass. No other team tolerates this bullshit or caters to a player like LeBron.

Look at Riley in Miami. Basically said to D-Wade, "Fuck you. If you won't sign an extension, we're not committing to years of deficit spending."
aoxo1

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 12:40 am

papacass wrote:The Cavs have battered wife syndrome when it comes to LBJ.

Nice.
Hikohadon

Unread postby papacass » Wed May 12, 2010 12:47 am

aoxo1 wrote:Agree 1000% Cass. No other team tolerates this bullshit or caters to a player like LeBron.

Look at Riley in Miami. Basically said to D-Wade, "Fuck you. If you won't sign an extension, we're not committing to years of deficit spending."

What's also forcing Riley's hand in Miami is that the owner of the Heat also owns Carnival Cruise Lines, which has been hemorrhaging money like the rest of the tourism industry in this economy. Heat ownership has basically been pulling a Larry Dolan, demanding across-the-board spending cuts. So Riley's only recourse has been to clear the decks and try to make a big splash this summer.

I'd still rather be in Gilbert's shoes and able to spend. But I agree that I like the stand the Heat have taken with Wade a heck of a lot more than the way the Cavs have worshipped LeBron.
papacass

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 12, 2010 12:51 am

Difference is Miami is well...

and Cleveland is...

A lot better chance Lebron leaves C-town than Dw-yane leave Miami.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 12:55 am

Ziner wrote:Difference is Miami is well...

and Cleveland is...

A lot better chance Lebron leaves C-town than Dw-yane leave Miami.

Bullshit.

Chicago looks a lot like snow-hell as well, and MJ stayed there for a year or two.

Players go where they think they can win Championships. If LeB wants to go, it won't be because the summers in that freakin' hellhole Miami are 95 degrees.
Hikohadon

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 12, 2010 12:58 am

Chicago winter is cooler/better than Cleveland, the extra $$$ makes it not as painful. Just saying Miami is a hell of a lot more fun of a city for a young mid 20's NBA player than Cleveland. Care to debate that?

Miami has the ability to call Dwyanes bluff, Gilberto and C-town doesnt.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 1:04 am

Ziner wrote:Chicago winter is cooler/better than Cleveland, the extra $$$ makes it not as painful. Just saying Miami is a hell of a lot more fun of a city for a young mid 20's NBA player than Cleveland. Care to debate that?

Yeah, and NY or LA is a hell of a lot more fun of a city for a young mid 20's NBA player than Miami.

I know we want to crucify LeB right now, but he's never struck me as a guy that needs to go someplace "fun". I think he's more concerned with a Championship. He's very concerned with his own legacy, and if Miami ain't the best place to realize that (it ain't), then he won't give a damn about how fun it is.

PS - I've been in Chicago plenty of times in the winter, and never once did I think to myself "Dag! This shit is like Rio compared to Cleveland!"
Hikohadon

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 12, 2010 1:17 am

Hikohadon wrote:
Ziner wrote:Chicago winter is cooler/better than Cleveland, the extra $$$ makes it not as painful. Just saying Miami is a hell of a lot more fun of a city for a young mid 20's NBA player than Cleveland. Care to debate that?

Yeah, and NY or LA is a hell of a lot more fun of a city for a young mid 20's NBA player than Miami.

I know we want to crucify LeB right now, but he's never struck me as a guy that needs to go someplace "fun". I think he's more concerned with a Championship. He's very concerned with his own legacy, and if Miami ain't the best place to realize that (it ain't), then he won't give a damn about how fun it is.

PS - I've been in Chicago plenty of times in the winter, and never once did I think to myself "Dag! This shit is like Rio compared to Cleveland!"

Haha, never thought that either when I had the wind whipping in my face on Adams st. My point is if you are going to be in a northern city of shitty winter in the winter, chicago ain't the worst. It still has plenty going on to keep one busy.

btw, if Lebron is really concerned about his chips he would sign with OKC.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed May 12, 2010 1:30 am

Ziner wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Haha, never thought that either when I had the wind whipping in my face on Adams st. My point is if you are going to be in a northern city of shitty winter in the winter, chicago ain't the worst. It still has plenty going on to keep one busy.

btw, if Lebron is really concerned about his chips he would sign with OKC.

True (Chicago has more going for it than Cleveland).

True (OKC would be a smart place for him to go).

But no way is LeB leaving to go someplace to be (potentially) someone else's second fiddle. He might be that in OKC (and deservedly so). He might be that in Miami (and deservedly so).

No, he'll go somewhere with either a great PG or a great Center, so that the "great" player in question ain't messin' with his positional "greatness".

The best fit for him is, indeed, Chicago, cuz they got Rose and the two of them wouldn't necessarily "clash for greatness". I mean, honestly, after seeing Rose and Rondo just own his team to one extent or another, he has to be thinking "find me a great PG".

Now, if he jumps to Chicago, God have mercy on his soul, since the pressure on him there would make Cleveland look like a day in Amsterdam and the NBA ain't doin' no drug testin'.

But I think he thinks he's the Second Coming, and I'm sure CHI would welcome him with open arms (at least until he fails).

Despite my want to disbelieve, I think there's a good chance he bolts, and here's why:

Since HS, he's had two things as a constant: NE Ohio, and his girlfriend, the mother of his 2 kids.

And he refuses to commit to either.
Hikohadon

Unread postby waborat » Wed May 12, 2010 7:00 am

LeChoke?

LeBust?

LeQuit?

Yeah, I like that last one...

I couldn't believe what I saw last night like everyone else...

Not sure if LeFail was even seen on the tube in the first half becasue all the guy did was walk up the court and stand 6' behind the arc and watch his teammates try and execute...

Absolutely no lift to his legs when he would take a shot about every 5 minutes and the clanking off the front of the rim time and time again says it...

Loved how he took off the arm band in the 4th like that was gonna do something?

Not sure what's up with the guy and I'm sure that he has an entire organization wondering the same thing this morning
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed May 12, 2010 7:17 am

First post after watching what has to be one of, if not, the most puzzling performance I have ever seen by a "superstar". I thought they would win this series, the next one, and the next one. Still not over yet. But, here's the deal. The guy is the biggest egomaniac walking and talking on planet earth. The regular season and playoffs are oceans apart with regard to preparation and it looks as though all of the jerking around these guys do with the photo opps. and other crud is coming back to bite them in the behinds.

Play with focus. Play with a purpose. And, presently the Cavaliers have neither. People can blame Mike Brown for what is going on, but ultimately you better have some guys who are going to take the floor that want to win rather than watch "The King" bail them out. He is not Christ. He is not the Savior, dude is a human being and a selfish one at that, as we all are. If you think he's going to assume blame for what transpired last night, you is crazay.

There's been tons of guys on here lauding the play of Mo, Moon, Parker, SSB, Shaq, all year long that have jumped off the bus now. MJ had BJ Armstrong step up, Craig Hodges step up, Paxson step up, Cartwright, etc..... Who else is stepping to the forefront of this series to help out? Jesus Shuttlesworth, stepping up, Tony Allen, stepping up, etc......

Peeks said it a long time ago, we are sports fans and those guys don't give two shakes for what we think/feel. But it begins and ends with LBJ. And for the guys who now say that you hope he walks out on this team when it's over. Be careful for what you wish for, as you will be first in line to buy his #6 jersey.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 8:05 am

papacass wrote:One thing I'm certain of is that the Cavs are way too reliant on LeBron as an organizational foundation.

Of course, you're going to build a team around your superstar. But if you have built a team that succumbs to LeBron's every slump and emotional tilt, that's a big problem.

Teams are supposed to pick each other up. Instead, it looks like the Cavs, from the ownership box to the towel boys, are LBJ's marionette now more than ever.

I know the widely-held belief is that the the Sun will go supernova if LBJ leaves. The Cavs will be calling St. Louis or Seattle home within five years. But I'm starting to really wonder if Dan Gilbert -- if he's willing to pony up in red for another couple of seasons -- could construct a better team (in the true sense of "team") without LBJ. A team that can finally master the concept of five-man basketball.

I still want LeBron back, and even with this disaster, I still think odds are he'll come back. It's bad business to leave the Cavs' high-offer money on the table to sign elsewhere. And apparently, going elsewhere won't increase his title chances anytime soon.

But honestly? The Cavs have been kissing LeBron's ass and catering to his every whim for seven years, believing that all of the New York flirting and diva-acting will be worth it when he brings home the NBA title. But they've turned him from the best player on the team to something in the neighborhood of Lord and Savior. When he's helping them win, it's golden. When he craps out, the flaws in how the Cavs have deified LBJ are exposed in a truly glaring fashion. The whole organization turns to Swiss cheese.

The Cavs have battered wife syndrome when it comes to LBJ. He screws with them, they keep coming back for more. This is not a healthy relationship. Can it get healthy? I don't know.

EC - we've missed you broham. Come back more. Hope all is well.

Look, this thread is the biggest overreaction POS I've ever read. And that's ME talking fellas. Me. The true King of overreaction.

Put down the bottle and hookahs, get some rest, and come back with some perspective. Bron is human, not a deity. He's one hell of a player, the best thing that's happened here in pro sports for years, and is amazingly grounded given his circumstances in a day and age where 18 year old preppies with schollies to ND can't control themselves by dying being drunken louts.

And fwiw here's Wilt's shitty playoff stats.

http://www.nba.com/history/players/cham ... stats.html

Russ had a TEAM. A dynsaty chock full of HOFers. Wilt had Hal Greer. That's how the game has ever been, that's how it is now.

When Bron has a bad game, this is what happens. Why? Becasue there's not enough aound him.

Not blaming Ferry, but it adds up. The Boozer collossal fuck up haunts us.

The Juri missed opportunities haunt us.

No draft pick in the DF era is in the top playoff rotation.

Medicore FA signings of roll players.

Tawn being a consolation prize that didn't do enough and spent out last wad.

Shaq being a super-sized washed up Ben Wallace.

But becasue Bron rolls out a clunker instead of playing like the deity he HAS to to beat a demi-contender that has a team full of talent when healthy and he doesn't give you the requsite humility you all demand, let's rip the shit out of a good kid and manufacture a theory he is the cancer of the organization.

Beam me up Scooty.

Now I was one of the few to suggest he has underperforming issues around his teams in the biggest of game going back to St VM , but I also saw game 3 this year, I recall his one man gang efforts vs the magic, and Detroit in 07.

It's not fucking Bron. This is such an Occum razor's issue. The guys around him are two bit suckas he props up. The organization hasn't been able to get it done, regardless of fault or circumstance or reasons.
Last edited by jb on Wed May 12, 2010 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 8:16 am

Hikohadon wrote:

Chicago weather does suck, but duh cats. Chitown is a world-class city loaded with money ad C-town is a rust belt struggling so-so city.

Miami has weather, Chicago has what NYC has.
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 8:30 am

Now, if he jumps to Chicago, God have mercy on his soul, since the pressure on him there would make Cleveland look like a day in Amsterdam and the NBA ain't doin' no drug testin'.

Yep.

And that is NOTHING, NOTHING compared to what he'd get if he did that in MSG.

Bron should have a long, long talk with Dave Winfield soon.
jb

Unread postby swerb » Wed May 12, 2010 8:37 am

Bron will never go to Chicago. If he can't handle the pressure of an over the hill Celtics team in the second round, living in Jordan's specter will turn him into Harold Miner.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed May 12, 2010 8:39 am

papacass wrote:One thing I'm certain of is that the Cavs are way too reliant on LeBron as an organizational foundation.

The Cavs have no choice - all through fault of there own.

Perhaps if they wouldn't a been about the worst GD organization in sports from their inception till' Lebron got here, they'd have some more cards to play.

As it stands, if Lebron goes, there's a good chance the Cavs go a few years later. And we'll MF him till the cows come home, but really, this situation ain't his fault. Fault lies with 30 years full of colossal blunders.

Of course yesterday's loss was his fault - just like all the wins are to his credit. Therein lies the problem.

So, Cass is correct the relationship is not ideal from an organizational standpoint - but it's crystal clear how it became this way.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby DrPoove » Wed May 12, 2010 9:09 am

I hear you Jim and Mike, but come on, the man has to be accountable for coming out looking disinterested, unmotivated and emotionless. That's not on the org, the coach or his teammates. That's on him.

He should act like a leader because he IS the leader.
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Unread postby jb » Wed May 12, 2010 9:18 am

DrPoove wrote:I hear you Jim and Mike, but come on, the man has to be accountable for coming out looking disinterested, unmotivated and emotionless. That's not on the org, the coach or his teammates. That's on him.

He should act like a leader because he IS the leader.

He did lead them in all looking shell shocked.

Meh.

He leaves and it all adds up then.

I can't control it. I do sense overreaction. And I know overreaction.
jb

Unread postby DrPoove » Wed May 12, 2010 9:24 am

jb wrote:I can't control it. I do sense overreaction. And I know overreaction.

There always is but IMHO LBJ hasn't been passing the eye test.
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed May 12, 2010 9:34 am

I don't know why we are surprised by this. Seriously. I honestly don't think the guy gives a rat's rear end about anyone else other than himself. Wants to match titles accumulated by MJ? Laughable. Gonna win more rings than Kobe. Ummm, probably not.
I don't think the guy wants to stay here. I posted it yesterday; if the Cavaliers win it all, he has to say. Should they lose, he's free to leave the baggage behind. Everyone keeps saying he's not going anywhere and yet in a strange way, the guy is feeding that he will, by the way he is playing, almost as if he wants this attention. He loves it. Money and his name are more important to him than winning a trophy. IMO.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:13 am

aoxo1

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed May 12, 2010 10:20 am

Good read!

This stands out

This wasn’t the night to feel bad for himself. There’s been enough pity for him in this series. As much as anything these past two years, the Cavaliers have taken on James’ persona: Entitled, arrogant and expectant that the sheer divine right of his greatness will win them a ring. Only, the Celtics are proud, old champions arisen out of the rubble and on the brink of closing out the Cavaliers on Thursday night at the Boston Garden. No one saw this coming on Tuesday night, the surgical removal of the Cavaliers’ hearts surrounded with a stunned silence that devolved into the debris of boos
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:20 am

fundamentals wrote:I don't know why we are surprised by this. Seriously. I honestly don't think the guy gives a rat's rear end about anyone else other than himself. Wants to match titles accumulated by MJ? Laughable. Gonna win more rings than Kobe. Ummm, probably not.
I don't think the guy wants to stay here. I posted it yesterday; if the Cavaliers win it all, he has to say. Should they lose, he's free to leave the baggage behind. Everyone keeps saying he's not going anywhere and yet in a strange way, the guy is feeding that he will, by the way he is playing, almost as if he wants this attention. He loves it. Money and his name are more important to him than winning a trophy. IMO.

SD:

Bitch was about as interested in winning that game as a 50 year old marriage partner is interested in making sure here husband gets his sexual appetite satisfied.

At home in a pivotal playoff game 5 with the series tied 2-2 LBJ was content to play as a role player .

Fuck him and Mike ignoratnt ass Brown tooo.

In big games your stars have to step up , no ifs and or butts .

SoulDawg

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed May 12, 2010 10:31 am

I think the feeling is going from anger to indifference, in a way I might be smiling if he falls on his face again in Game 6, but in order to fall on your face I guess you have to exert some kind of effort first.

Oh, and what happened to 40 games in 40 nights being greater than the NCAA Tourney, the playoffs have been a festival of shit.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed May 12, 2010 10:40 am

aoxo1

Unread postby scott » Wed May 12, 2010 10:46 am

Windhorst on 850 right now. Really interesting.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed May 12, 2010 10:49 am

scott wrote:Windhorst on 850 right now. Really interesting.

Could you share? Thanks in advance. :pop:

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby scott » Wed May 12, 2010 10:50 am

I will when it's done. Figured I'd post this now so anyone can jump on if they want.
scott

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed May 12, 2010 10:51 am

aoxo1 wrote:

This video, if you can sit through 4 minutes of this guy's voice, further clouds this bizarre situation.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed May 12, 2010 11:22 am

So, LBJ is Dominique Wilkins.

No more, no less.

The only big difference being The Human Highlight Film played in the NBA glory days vs better competition.
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed May 12, 2010 11:22 am

fundamentals wrote:

This sums it up

Windy had some very harsh words about LBJ.
-He noticed in the locker room last night that people close to LBJ they all had dead looks in their eyes, as if they had no idea what the hell was going on. It wasn't a normal party attitude that is there after losses that has been there in years past.
- The Kobe-LeBron debate is over as of now.
-He also stated that LBJ will forever be known as a quitter and a loser if the Cavs lose this series and James goes out with a whimper as he's done in these past 2 games. Windy emphasized this part. Especially if he runs away from Cleveland to another city.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Ziner » Wed May 12, 2010 11:28 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:-He also stated that LBJ will forever be known as a quitter and a loser if the Cavs lose this series and James goes out with a whimper as he's done in these past 2 games. Windy emphasized this part. Especially if he runs away from Cleveland to another city.

That is huge. There are two different types of losers. You can be a loser when the other person rips it from you (Elway vs Kosar) in which case you arent really a loser in any sense but the game itself.

However I am not even sure I have a analogy to compare this loser rep that Lebron would get if he doesnt pull a miracle out his ass. A lack of desire and the inability to show up in the biggest moments would brand him a huge loser of the worst kind.

And I cant really get my mind around it. The guy who willed us past the Pistons with one of the most amazing games I have ever seen, is the same guy who just didnt show up. Amazing.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed May 12, 2010 11:32 am

Ziner wrote: The guy who willed us past the Pistons with one of the most amazing games I have ever seen, is the same guy who just didnt show up. Amazing.

That Cavaliers team could have been considered an "underdog" in that series, as if he had nothing to lose.

Fast forward to last year and this year, they are the favorite to win the East and/or Finals, and there's more onus on him to get it done. When he has been in that role, he has failed miserably, thus far.

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby scott » Wed May 12, 2010 11:36 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:
fundamentals wrote:

This sums it up

Windy had some very harsh words about LBJ.
-He noticed in the locker room last night that people close to LBJ they all had dead looks in their eyes, as if they had no idea what the hell was going on. It wasn't a normal party attitude that is there after losses that has been there in years past.
- The Kobe-LeBron debate is over as of now.
-He also stated that LBJ will forever be known as a quitter and a loser if the Cavs lose this series and James goes out with a whimper as he's done in these past 2 games. Windy emphasized this part. Especially if he runs away from Cleveland to another city.

it was supposed to start at 10:30, I didn't listen until almost 10:45, but this is what I heard too. Reghi was saying this is exactly what LeBron needs to walk away from Cleveland and start over in NY. He can say the team wasn't built around him to be successful. Brian arguing that he can't go out this way or he will be labeled a quitter and LeBron won't want that stigma.

Also Brian saying he doesn't really know what to think, and he doesn't think Bron does either - no one saw it going down like this, it would either be a successful season, or the team failing to get LeBron over the finish line, and both of those ending have an obvious end result, but this is entirely different territory, and no one should think they have an idea what it means.

Windhorst putting it all on Bron's shoulders talking about how he was disinterested last night, not engaged with team, etc.

My comment - if this really is about the team being pissed at MB - get the fuck over it and deal with that after the season.
scott

Unread postby scott » Wed May 12, 2010 11:41 am

This is the best take I've read this morning -

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvMHG0_oss9ShxooOF7hTBM5nYcB?slug=aw-lebroncavs051210

"Who is he to be indignant after he gave a playoff game away? What’s he ever won to be so smug to the masses? That’s what drives the Celtics crazy about James. Eventually, he will understand his greatness isn’t measured on the hit-and-runs through NBA cities across a long season. It’s measured now, in the teeth of the battle, when a tiny guard, Rajon Rondo(notes), has stolen his stage and nearly a series."

"Yet make no mistake: James has enough around him. This team isn’t perfect, isn’t assured of beating the Los Angeles Lakers, but it has no business losing in the conference semifinals – never mind failing to even compete. And, yes, as much as ever, this is on James."

I know this isn't an original thought around here, but here you go LeBron - are you LeNiqe or LeMike, Game 6&7.
Last edited by scott on Wed May 12, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
scott

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed May 12, 2010 11:41 am

not really saying anything new, but that was just an embarrassment last night.

I mean at least with 1997 and Jose Mesa you couldn't blame one guys screw up for the rest of the team, they played hard and seemed like they almost had it, Or hell, even the Steelers wildcard game, I don't think anyone expected the Browns to come away with the w, but Kelly Holcomb lit up the skies and at least almost had the victory in toe.

This is just worse, and I never thought anything would be more humbling as a fan of a cleveland team than to watch the beat downs handed to us by the Steelers in back to back years, but this has done it. Still not worse than "the move", but I think you guys get it.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby jordan kramer » Wed May 12, 2010 12:51 pm

wasn't able to get on till now due to my marathon bender. still drunk, no sleep. let that be my disclaimer.

i am no longer a fan of Lebron James. i have defended him for 7 years against haters and had complete faith in him that he would be the chosen one and bring balance back to cleveland sports. years of heartbreak and misfortune would be redeemed by years of championships all because of our king. no longer. i will never dawn my wine n gold 23 sitting in my closet. i have no respect for the man. he doesn't care about us. not one tenth of one percent does he care about us. the fans. the city. last night was one immense middle finger to northeast ohio. he spat in our faces. he pissed all over us. in his mind he believes he can't win here, and this series is when he figured it out. its not his elbow. you are an imbecile if you think his elbow has anything to do with his performances this series. he doesn't care anymore. he has thrown up his hands and said "fuck it, i'm outta here." if you think there is even a remote chance he resigns and comes back to this team, you are beyond insane. and you know what, i don't want him back. he has finally shown his true colors, and they are not wine and gold.

i came to this realization sometime in the 2nd quarter, halfway through a case of silver bullets. Lebron James is a piece of shit. he made fools out of all of us. he played this town like a fiddle, and will now walk his merry way to new york and the bank. and what a beautifully tragic final act it was. Shakespeare himself couldn't have wrote a better one. this is my farewell to our former king, goodbye Lebron enjoy the big lights. asshole
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby papacass » Wed May 12, 2010 12:52 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:So, LBJ is Dominique Wilkins.

No more, no less.

The only big difference being The Human Highlight Film played in the NBA glory days vs better competition.

The problem is, LBJ ISN'T Dominique Wilkins. Wilkins was a great scorer who could get into some pretty epic duels, but he reached his pinnacle getting outlasted by Larry Bird in the second round.

LeBron James is the most gifted player to ever lace up basketball sneakers. And he's pissing it all away by playing like John Starks with Reggie Miller in his ear.

If LBJ tried half as hard as Nique did against Boston in the '80s, this series would be over already.
papacass

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:29 pm

jordan kramer wrote:wasn't able to get on till now due to my marathon bender. still drunk, no sleep. let that be my disclaimer.

i am no longer a fan of Lebron James. i have defended him for 7 years against haters and had complete faith in him that he would be the chosen one and bring balance back to cleveland sports. years of heartbreak and misfortune would be redeemed by years of championships all because of our king. no longer. i will never dawn my wine n gold 23 sitting in my closet. i have no respect for the man. he doesn't care about us. not one tenth of one percent does he care about us. the fans. the city. last night was one immense middle finger to northeast ohio. he spat in our faces. he pissed all over us. in his mind he believes he can't win here, and this series is when he figured it out. its not his elbow. you are an imbecile if you think his elbow has anything to do with his performances this series. he doesn't care anymore. he has thrown up his hands and said "fuck it, i'm outta here." if you think there is even a remote chance he resigns and comes back to this team, you are beyond insane. and you know what, i don't want him back. he has finally shown his true colors, and they are not wine and gold.

i came to this realization sometime in the 2nd quarter, halfway through a case of silver bullets. Lebron James is a piece of shit. he made fools out of all of us. he played this town like a fiddle, and will now walk his merry way to new york and the bank. and what a beautifully tragic final act it was. Shakespeare himself couldn't have wrote a better one. this is my farewell to our former king, goodbye Lebron enjoy the big lights. asshole

SD:

Errp you misspelled Chicago , other than that RAC your self.

The drama Queen playing her Court .

Fucking lame ass Bitch playin the suckas.

If it was football , rest assured it was booked ,

Just because this ball is round don't mean a damn thang different.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby tired » Wed May 12, 2010 1:42 pm

The more and more I read I think it's mostly about LeBrown. M. Brown has no control and it's in disarray !!!
Going blind, out of reach, somewhere in the vasoline.
tired

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Doc » Wed May 12, 2010 1:43 pm

Boy, I’m glad I watched Lost last night.

Thank god that LeBron didn’t show up last night, or I wouldn’t have had any entertainment at work this morning. Is LeBron saying he’s had 3 bad games in 7 years, or that he’s had 3 bad games in this 7 game series? That’s rhetorical, obviously, but I’m more confused than ever right now. And without having seen the game, I don’t want to comment too much. But this sounds like he just doesn’t care. Like he’s given up. How does that even happen? I guess it doesn’t matter now.

It’s been a fun ride, and I’ll be hoping that something changes between now and tip-off tomorrow night. I guess that an uninspired LeBron (and an uninspired Cavs team as a whole) losing by 32 at home in a very important game just doesn’t leave me thinking that we really have a shot in Boston tomorrow. I’m not mad at anyone. It’s just a game. But, I can’t help but feel disappointed. Congratulations, LeBron. You had a whole city devoted to you. You could do no wrong. Even after game 4, as uninterested as LeBron played, I still hated myself for blaming 23 for the loss. Not anymore. No more LeBron can do no wrong. Oh well, I hope he proves me wrong. After the last 2 games, though, I’m not sure he will. I hope he proves me and everyone else wrong, but for the first time ever, I’m not sure he wants to prove us wrong. I guess we’ll find out tomorrow. Suffice to say, Thursday night and all through the weekend will probably make this forum pretty entertaining, and frankly, I’m excited to watch this place melt. Prove me wrong LeBron, or don’t. I’m going to be entertained either way.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed May 12, 2010 1:49 pm

jordan kramer wrote:wasn't able to get on till now due to my marathon bender. still drunk, no sleep. let that be my disclaimer.

Without the nicks and cuts of a blade. Rack the young buck.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Unread postby Lubber » Wed May 12, 2010 2:14 pm

So it appears that he may just be Le-Injured, not LeChoke

http://www.fearthesword.com/2010/5/12/1469084/rumor-lebron-james-has-torn-elbow
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed May 12, 2010 2:20 pm

So had the shot before game 4? That means he hadn't had it in a week before game 3? The game he shot well?
aoxo1

Next

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA