Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

24 Season 8

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: 24 Season 8

Unread postby mitch » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:23 pm

davemanddd wrote:i still don't see why the writers had to kill her off just when jack was seemingly about to find someone in his life again for the first time since audrey raines.

Because the writers are talentless douchebags without an ounce of imagination.

Not that I'm pissed or anything.
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:30 pm

mitch wrote:
davemanddd wrote:i still don't see why the writers had to kill her off just when jack was seemingly about to find someone in his life again for the first time since audrey raines.

Because the writers are talentless douchebags without an ounce of imagination.

Not that I'm pissed or anything.

Exactly. The writers did this because they thought it would be unexpected and surprising and all of that kind of stuff. If fact it was none of those things.

All they did was make the show less enjoyable and (more importantly) less interesting to watch. Why? They thought it added "shock value" or something. I'm having trouble thinking of a show in the history of TV with worse writing OR worse acting. That broad who plays Dana is unbelievably bad.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby jerryroche » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:35 am

Renee is dead, and I am pissed. So pissed that I only have one reason for even watching the rest of the season, that being that I haven't missed an episode since Hour 1 of Season 1. But this season has--by and large--been a waste of two good lives: mine and, now, Renee Walker's.

The only sensible rationale for the writers whacking Agent Walker is that Annie Wersching is preggers in real life, and she might be "showing" before production on the season wraps. (That's not a pass in my book, just a reason for the terrible plot twist.)

BTW, did you catch President Taylor's comment when the ex-President's name was first mentioned? "Logan!" A low voice, like Jerry Seinfeld realizing that "Newman!" was conspiring against him. "Logan!" I almost fell out of my chair laughing.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby radiantcar » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Actually, five hours or so before, Renee did have sex with the Russian guy, while Jack was on his way over pretending to be the German arms dealer. I'm gonna hope she managed to get a shower in while waiting around in Jack's apartment or something. Otherwise, eewwwww! Even with a shower, eewwwww. I guess Jack just forgot about that earlier episode; a gentleman would have given her at least a day to get over having to have sex with her former rapist. Anyway, I hope this means that Jack will now up the kill count, starting with Dana/Jenny. Mitch, could you bring back the milk carton? This day has been so convoluted it's hard for me to even remember who the hell was in the first few episodes.
radiantcar

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: le bron james

Unread postby radiantcar » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Without a doubt, Gregory Itzin stole the entire hour! Watching Pres. Logan slither his way into Pres. Taylor's brain and conscience was incredible. That whole scene, with Ethan, Logan and Taylor was some amazing acting, and the best presentation of moral ambiguity I've seen on the show, certainly in the past several seasons. And, I can't wait for the inevitable scene when Jack lets Mrs. Hassan know that the Russians she's sitting across the peace table from are the people who slit her husband's throat. And, the scene when Chloe joins Jack in roguedom and puts the full force of CTU at his disposal as he wreaks havoc on Renee's killers.('cause I just can't believe that Jack and Chloe end up as enemies, fighting each other -- though I kinda think that'd be an interesting thing to watch, now that I think about it.) And, when Jack and Logan face down --- yes! C'mon, Mitch, now that the white trash storyline, the stupid Kamistan daughter storyline and the "who's the mole" storyline are gone, can't you see a bit of intrigue sneaking back into your tv screen? Predictable scenes, yes, but don't you still want to see them play out?
radiantcar

Unread postby davemanddd » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:10 pm

boy i can't wait to see what happens when georgia frontiere, err, dahlia hassan finds out she's signing a peace agreement with the same people who killed her husband and the ones who covered it all up??? hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. i can see her now as a cross between imelda marcos and achmed the dead terrorist when she says "silence, i heel you!!!".
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby pup » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:15 am

davemanddd wrote:boy i can't wait to see what happens when georgia frontiere, err, dahlia hassan finds out she's signing a peace agreement with the same people who killed her husband and the ones who covered it all up??? hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. i can see her now as a cross between imelda marcos and achmed the dead terrorist when she says "silence, i heel you!!!".

Sounds like a movie plot to me...
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu May 06, 2010 9:40 pm

ding dong the wench is dead, the wench is dead, the wench is dead. ding dong the dana wench is dead!!!

dana, dana, bo-bana, banana-fana, mo-mana, fe-fi-fo-fana, dana.

it's about damn time they got rid of the most annoying character in "24" history and joy upon joys, it was jack bauer himself who got to do the honors!!!

:yes:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby jerryroche » Fri May 07, 2010 10:24 am

Well, after three months of undeniably hilarious rants against 24’s writing staff, it appears that Mitch has finally given up on the show. More power to you, Mitch.
The only people this season that were even remotely worth caring about were Jack, Chloe, Renee and Ethan Kanin. Turns out that Cole -- whose character could have been a great deal more -- is a putz. Even Logan, who was devilishly delicious in past seasons, was watered down.
Whatever happened to the good old days of fully-developed characters (no matter how minor their roles) like Bill Buchanan, Martha Logan, Tony Alameida, Michelle Dessler, Mike Novick, Audrey Raines and Aaron Pierce? I really miss Aaron. Instead we get a major story line featuring Dana Walsh (who should have been killed off in Hour 3) that drags out until almost the end.
Much as 24 was one of my favorite shows for the better part of seven years, this season was the epitomy of suckitude. I hope they get some real writers for the movie.
jerryroche

Unread postby DarNoor » Fri May 07, 2010 2:00 pm

davemanddd wrote:it's about damn time they got rid of the most annoying character in "24" history and joy upon joys, it was jack bauer himself who got to do the honors!!!

:yes:

No. The most annoying character in "TV" history is Jack's stupid ass daughter.
~D~
DarNoor

Unread postby davemanddd » Sat May 08, 2010 11:17 pm

oh where oh where has our little mitch gone??? oh where oh where can he be???
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby mitch » Sun May 09, 2010 12:28 pm

davemanddd wrote:oh where oh where has our little mitch gone??? oh where oh where can he be???

Crashed my motorcycle early last week, so I was out of commission (broken bone in my foot, sprained wrist. For sale; one slightly scratched up motorcycle).

Haven't seen the episode yet (and I'm avoiding reading any recaps), so I'll do what I've done before when real life got in the way; combine last week's episode and this week's on Wednesday.
mitch

Unread postby davemanddd » Mon May 10, 2010 12:09 am

mitch wrote:
davemanddd wrote:oh where oh where has our little mitch gone??? oh where oh where can he be???

Crashed my motorcycle early last week, so I was out of commission (broken bone in my foot, sprained wrist. For sale; one slightly scratched up motorcycle).

Haven't seen the episode yet (and I'm avoiding reading any recaps), so I'll do what I've done before when real life got in the way; combine last week's episode and this week's on Wednesday.

ouch!!! damn mitch, don't worry about it. the fact that you're even still alive after wrecking on a motorcyle is good enough for me. the way this season is going, i think it will probably cause you even more pain to have to write these recaps.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby wmurphyhh » Tue May 11, 2010 11:59 am

Using a Sprint Blackberry to set up a mobile hotspot to circumvent a secure network ? Wow...the iPhone doesn't even have an app for that.

The torture scene with the Russian sniper was classic 24. Wter boarding last week and now a good old torch to the body. I guess the writers aren't worried about crossing a line when they aren't being renewed for next year.

I do like the direction that Jack is going. Just shows that a man can only give up so much for others. I wonder if the movie will have Jack in exile after killing a former president.
Isn't it time something good happens in this town ?
wmurphyhh
"Murph"

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: Chris Johnson

Unread postby jerryroche » Tue May 11, 2010 1:03 pm

With the stomach-turning (that's a pun!) interrogation scene between Jack and the scummy Russian Monday night, the "24" writers are finally swinging for the fences for the show's final hours on TV. No holds barred, not even FCC standards and practices! It's about damn time!
jerryroche

Unread postby davemanddd » Tue May 18, 2010 1:48 am

holy crap!!! jack bauer was just flat out balls-to-the-wall tonite!!! he went all commando (or was it "predator"???) on charles logan's motorcade and then just tore the russian delegation to pieces, literally. dammit, the 2-hour finale next week can't get here soon enough. the question is, will jack kill president taylor, chloe or both??? you already know the russian prez is gonna be toast, although they didn't show who jack had the sniper rifle turned on, but that's who i would say it will be.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue May 18, 2010 6:31 pm

I just read through a whole shitload of recaps. I am so glad I did not watch anything past hour 4. It only became more ridiculous as the season went on... Pro Wrestling is more believable. Please God kill Jack already...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Wed May 19, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm loving the "Evil Jack" twist this season has taken. If only 4 hours were long enough to grow a goatee.
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby mitch » Wed May 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Commodore Perry wrote:I'm loving the "Evil Jack" twist this season has taken. If only 4 hours were long enough to grow a goatee.

I'd say it's been back to being enjoyable to watch ever since Jack plugged Lt. Starbuck in cold blood.

We've had a nasty assed killing at the end of each of the last three episodes.

Dana Starbuck.

The gutting of FakeEMTovich.

And now a fireplace iron through the chest cavity of Douchebagovich.

I'm hoping that Charles Logan is at the other end of that sniper rifle they're showing Jack weilding in the previews...but it's probably the Russian president.
mitch

Unread postby jerryroche » Thu May 20, 2010 11:38 am

by mitch » Wed May 19, 2010 3:43 pm

I'd say it's been back to being enjoyable to watch ever since Jack plugged Lt. Starbuck in cold blood.

We've had a nasty assed killing at the end of each of the last three episodes.

Dana Starbuck.

The gutting of FakeEMTovich.

And now a fireplace iron through the chest cavity of Douchebagovich.

I'm hoping that Charles Logan is at the other end of that sniper rifle they're showing Jack weilding in the previews...but it's probably the Russian president.

Welcome back, Mitch!

Here's hoping Jack continues the bloodbath through the series finale. President Cherry, ex-President Logan and BeadyEyes Pillar all deserve disembowelment. Agent Renee's twin sister showing up at some point before the final credits would be icing on the cake.
jerryroche

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Mon May 24, 2010 3:39 pm

I hope they don't kill off Jack in the finale tonight. Netflix recently put every season of 24 up online to watch. Its going to be less fun watching them if I know that Jack takes a round to the back of the head in the series finale.

If he does die though, I hope its after he brutally murders that awful she-president. Worst acting ever.
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby pup » Mon May 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Commodore Perry wrote:I hope they don't kill off Jack in the finale tonight. Netflix recently put every season of 24 up online to watch. Its going to be less fun watching them if I know that Jack takes a round to the back of the head in the series finale.

If he does die though, I hope its after he brutally murders that awful she-president. Worst acting ever.

Going to be tough to do a movie without him.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 24, 2010 4:31 pm

pup wrote:
Commodore Perry wrote:I hope they don't kill off Jack in the finale tonight. Netflix recently put every season of 24 up online to watch. Its going to be less fun watching them if I know that Jack takes a round to the back of the head in the series finale.

Going to be tough to do a movie without him.

You don't think Freddie Prinz and Chloe can carry it themselves? ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon May 24, 2010 4:48 pm

The radio spot promoting today's finale was over the top. Saying that with an understanding of 24, and its promos. It was that EXPLOSIVE AND LOUD AND YELLING!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby CP » Mon May 24, 2010 7:34 pm

Show's producers are on record as saying Jack doesn't die...
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby jerryroche » Mon May 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Tom Shales of the Washington Post predicted today, after seeing a screening of the 24 finale, that Jack would bite off BeadyEyes' ear. Doesn't look like it's gonna happen...
jerryroche

Unread postby jerryroche » Mon May 24, 2010 9:23 pm

HE DID IT! He pulled a Mike Tyson on BeadyEyes! Jack's really going out in style.
jerryroche

Unread postby Spin » Mon May 24, 2010 10:12 pm

Anyone else hear that NBC is considering picking up the series next year?
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby CP » Mon May 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Spin wrote:Anyone else hear that NBC is considering picking up the series next year?

I'm no insider but there was a rumor in late March that was quickly quashed as a long shot. That said, NBC did just dump its most expensive show (Heroes), just cancelled Law & Order, never replaced ER, etc. NBC's most popular shows at this point all seem to be comedies and reality shows.

I wouldn't mind them taking a year off, doing 24: The Movie, and using the ending of that movie to spin into Day 9 on NBC. That, however, is a pipe dream.
CP

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Colt McCoy

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Wed May 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Well, its a shame to see this show go out with a 2 hour wimper. You're going to ambush jack's ambulance and kill everyone else, but then pack him up and drive him to another location to off him. Really?

At its height, 24 was the best tv I've ever seen. You just can't keep something like that going this long.

They should have ended the series when jack was being shipped to china.
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby Stu » Thu May 27, 2010 6:37 am

Commodore Perry wrote:Well, its a shame to see this show go out with a 2 hour wimper. You're going to ambush jack's ambulance and kill everyone else, but then pack him up and drive him to another location to off him. Really?

You may be right but I thought the ambulance had crashed and jack fell out of the back. Sure they could have just put a bullet in him right away but no tv show in the history of television has ever done that.
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby radiantcar » Fri May 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Oh, man, I'm gonna miss you, Mitch! I live nowhere near Cleveland, could care less about the Cavs, etc., only found this site by following your 24 recaps. I actually liked the last 4-6 hours of this season, and certainly missed some of your regular features (the Milk Carton, the Body Count) when you got too bored with the show to give that much of a damn, but still your recaps were a key part of the 24 experience for me. Now, I'm going to have to find out what show catches your attention next year and try to get into it, just so I can keep up with your "humor."

Re the show, though, my favorite scene in the last episodes was when Pres. Taylor and Pres. Dahlia had it out. That Dahlia sure knows how to slam a door in your face, doesn't she? And, when Taylor goes to the dark side, she doesn't mess around, does she?

I predict that Logan will be back for the movie; if Jack can miraculously be cured from nuclear poisoning last season, surely Logan can miraculously recover from a bullet to the brain. I mean, it's 24!

Anyway, thank you for a great 3 years, Mitch. And, do us all a favor -- STAY OFF OF MOTORCYCLES! After all, you're not Jack Bauer, you know.

:cheers: :salute:
radiantcar

Previous

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture