Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

ABsolutely No Stats....Purely Emotional Fan Response

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

ABsolutely No Stats....Purely Emotional Fan Response

Unread postby dem425 » Sun May 09, 2010 7:03 pm

I will attribute Monday's Pistol Whippin' to MVP hangovers. Though inexcusable in the playoffs, I will grant them a pass.......IF

They come back Friday night and play like the Champions they aspire to be...........

They DID!..........Excellent overall effort!!!

Today was a 180 degree change from Friday. Today, they could have given Orlando and probably LA notice that the juggernaut was coming.....

They DIDN'T....................

True Cleveland Sport Fans will live and die emotionally over the next 7 days. Kicked in the balls..........shit, we're use to it.........
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Re: ABsolutely No Stats....Purely Emotional Fan Response

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Sun May 09, 2010 7:11 pm

I'm not that worried about it. They did what they needed to do in Game 3. We can talk about being a juggernaut and the like, but ultimately the other team tries too and being dominant in the first two rounds meant nothing last season.
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Favorite Player: Howard Baldwin
Least Favorite Player: the Prom Queen's ego

Unread postby FUDU » Sun May 09, 2010 7:20 pm

RIBrownsFan wrote:I'm not that worried about it. They did what they needed to do in Game 3. We can talk about being a juggernaut and the like, but ultimately the other team tries too and being dominant in the first two rounds meant nothing last season.

If I am reading you correctly you seem to put an awful lot of value on the concept of adversity? Playing through adversity can have a positive impact on a team but @ the EOD the idea of HAVING to deal with adversity is overrated. What is wrong with not going through adversity? Put yourself in position to not have to deal with adversity sounds like a pretty good way to go to me. Plus let's not assume a team like Orlando is not dealing with adversity this post season. Howard is their most important player and he has had plenty of performances that are pedestrian, he's been on the bench with foul trouble a lot. That gives rise to the rest of their "supporting cast" to have to play with out him on the floor, not the ideal situation for that Magic team.

I think b/c of what happened to us last year we over value something like adversity as if we NEED it, like it is a requirement, hogwash. Just play good and win, put people away when you can, the rest takes care of itself. Plus last year was last year, has little to nothing to do with this year, right?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sun May 09, 2010 7:25 pm

PDcavsinsider
LeBron wears a Yankees cap into press conference.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby OldDawg » Sun May 09, 2010 7:25 pm

I value adversity in that an opportunity to grow comes through adversity. It teaches lessons. If you learn from those lessons, it can be a good thing, and you grow. If you don't, it was wasted. Game two was a teachable moment for the Cavs. They responded in game three. However today's effort in game four tells me they never really learned from the game two lesson. Why do you have to keep learning the same lessons?
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby RIBrownsFan » Sun May 09, 2010 7:27 pm

No, I'm just saying that this wasn't any sort of must win. Boston executed down the stretch, and the Cavs didn't. It would be nice if the Cavs had finished off Game 4, but the Celtics had a lot to do with them not succeeding. In my opinion, you can live with it, given the Cavs accomplished what they needed to do on Friday night.
"I feel very strongly that the name Whalers is synonymous with Connecticut hockey. The Cleveland Browns should always be the Cleveland Browns."

-Howard Baldwin
RIBrownsFan

Favorite Player: Howard Baldwin
Least Favorite Player: the Prom Queen's ego

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun May 09, 2010 7:30 pm

aoxo1 wrote:PDcavsinsider

ABC/ESPN/MLB thanks him from the bottom of their Sunday Night Baseball pocketbook.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Sun May 09, 2010 8:34 pm

aoxo1 wrote:PDcavsinsider

Doesn't bother me tonight since they're playing the red sox.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA