Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs - Celtics Game 2

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Cavs - Celtics Game 2

Unread postby just another fool » Mon May 03, 2010 11:16 pm

also, excellent windhorst tweet

"Full beer bottle just came flying on court with Cavs down 20. But Celtics shouldn't be worried, I think it was aimed at Mo Williams."
just another fool

Favorite Player: tyrone hill
Least Favorite Player: tyrone hill

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:19 pm

just another fool wrote:also, excellent windhorst tweet

"Full beer bottle just came flying on court with Cavs down 20. But Celtics shouldn't be worried, I think it was aimed at Mo Williams."

Did Mo Williams shoot that too? Cause it didn't land anywhere near its target.
metalhead9x9

Favorite Player: Schaudenfraude
Least Favorite Player: Jeffrey Maier

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:24 pm

paulpierce34: YES Sirrrrrrr
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon May 03, 2010 11:30 pm

I can't stand how this team plays with an "on-off" switch.
We fight for HCA all year...
We take off the last two freaking weeks of the season to be ready for this...

And this is how we show up ready to play. BS. Absolute BS.
You are professional athletes. Get your fricking butts mentally ready to play the darn game...
Show up and compete!! Bust your ass!!

You know, we can go out and win the whole ball of wax, but there is still no excuse for this crap.
Show up. Bust your ass. Lay it all on the line. Get after it. From the opening tip.

Its a freaking war at playoffs boys. Put your damn pre-game vacation cameras away and put on your damn combat boots.

No excuse. No matter what. Don't tell me not to worry and that we'll be alright. Show up and play.
BS. All BS.

Tired of watching Shaq struggle to make a 2 footer.
Tired of hoping Mo is feeling it. He is still all freaking excited about his dunk last game. Aren't you special. Hoping that he can guard ANYONE.
Tired of watching Jamo being soft.
Give me Redz who will bust his balls.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:47 pm

I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Mon May 03, 2010 11:52 pm

Very disappointed in the crowd. I would figure season ticket holders were there, but maybe they sold their tickets to a slew of Dom Pérignon drinkers. There was no electricity at the start of the game, and the defense chants were artificial. An old Richfield crowd, might of willed the Cavs back into it, there in the third, but that is a pipe dream.

Doc Rivers ran circles around Mike Brown. I like Mike, and think he is an outstanding regular season coach, but he is the Lost in Space Robot during the playoffs. If Lebron doesn't go on one of his Moses waving his cane runs, we struggle like Mel Tillis reading Liturgy.

It is hard to stomach that kind of performance. Tums, glass of milk, and good night.
WarAdmiral

Unread postby jordan kramer » Tue May 04, 2010 12:34 am

its the same shit every year with the cavs. they need someone other than Lebron to step up, and they need to bring defensive intensity every night. they couldn't score or defend for shit tonight, and you gotta do at least one of those if you wanna have a shot. they came out completely flat, and didn't realize there was a basketball game goin on until there was 6 minutes left and fans were throwin bottles on the court. if you can't get up for a playoff game at home against your rival, why are you on the team? man i wish we had an intense coach who would get into these guys faces and challenge them game to game
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Tue May 04, 2010 2:02 am

Everything Jordan said is true, and you gotta blow off steam after that pos, but it's only one game. We sucked numerous times this year and lost games and then came back strong.

Not time to melt yet. With LB, all things are possible.

and just by the way, I've had a couple Cortisone shots in my elbow. The pain always came back after a month, (although it eventually healed,) but for a month after the shot I was invincible. Works overnight like magic too. Just saying.
Frank Duffy

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Hargrove

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue May 04, 2010 7:10 am

Brown's tactic of trying to establish Shaq early in the game has led to 2 slow starts to games and it's putting us in the whole early on. He's not the threat he was and Brown puts too much value on his ability to draw fouls for example. His once deadly hook shot is ghastly.
We need to substitute Shaq earlier in the game or maybe even consider not starting him at all.
Obviously I'm not just blaming Shaq for the whole of last night but we gotta rectify this situation from the beginning

Cavs are also wasting possessions. 3 pointers with 20 seconds on the shot clock being one that really irks me.
It's clear JJ needs more playing time, he's athletic, quick and troublesome for the C's especially when he's in there with AV who both caused them problems (especially in terms of fouling in game 1)

Boston are a great road team so losing one at the Q doesn't concern me (however the way we lost does)

In contrast WE are a great road and Boston have not made the Garden a fortress this season, they can be beaten there and will.

If Boston had a coach capable of seeing that if they turn to Ray Allen more often they could be in the Conference Finals by a week on Thursday we'd be toast.
Allen and Rondo crucify us. We need to neutralise one of them otherwise we're going down HARD
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Brantley // Irving
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue May 04, 2010 8:07 am

Shaq, though not playing well is only one of everyone that is missing early shots BP.

You're lying to yourself if you think it is just him and or he is the culprit for the slow starts.

I really want to know what happened to the LBJ - Jamo P&R.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue May 04, 2010 8:09 am

All I'm going to say is, while I'm concerned by the lack of intensity last night, I'm not concerned about the Cavs chances to take this series. It seems like people (not naming anyone here) who picked the Cavs to win the series 4-1, forget in order achieve that, they would have to take one game in Boston. Boston isn't exactly the greatest team at home (24-17) so I don't think it's gonna take too much to take back home court. However this team NEEDS to come out and establish the tempo early. Barkley and Simmons keep pointing it out. The Cavs need to go small and run. run, run against this Celtics team. Cleveland is sitting back waiting to see what Boston is doing and then adjusting(trying to at least) instead of being the agressor. You're the #1 seeded team, make everyone adjust to you.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue May 04, 2010 8:13 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Shaq, though not playing well is only one of everyone that is missing early shots BP.

You're lying to yourself if you think it is just him and or he is the culprit for the slow starts.

I really want to know what happened to the LBJ - Jamo P&R.

I clarified quite clearly that I did not think this
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Brantley // Irving
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue May 04, 2010 8:15 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Shaq, though not playing well is only one of everyone that is missing early shots BP.

How many bunnies has this team missed in the 2 1st qtrs alone? We have to be well into double digits. I mean Shaq, LBJ, Parker, etc are all guilty of this. Missed lay ins and free throws are KILLING this team. I expected the FT issues but not the easy looks.

I really want to know what happened to the LBJ - Jamo P&R

Amen. I mentioned this before the game that I hoped to see alot more of this and make KG work on the defensive end. I also hoped that after being successful a handful of times that it would demand a double team by Boston and free up either James/Shaq for a drive or an easy kick out to the wing. Someone in the locker room better find tape of this and play it sometime over the next 3 days.

Someone better figure out a better way to defend the double screen that gets Allen wide open looks.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue May 04, 2010 9:17 am

One thing bothering me is that Cavaliers have clearly been the beneficiary of the foul situation in both games and yet haven't really taken advantage of it. In the 2 games thus far,Boston has been whistled for 23 more fouls, including 15 more than the Cavaliers last night.

Getting to the foul line is paramount in being able to win games. Should the Cavaliers do that, this series isn't in jeopardy. Problem is now, it goes back to Boston and usually the refereeing assists the home team.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue May 04, 2010 9:23 am

fundamentals wrote:One thing bothering me is that Cavaliers have clearly been the beneficiary of the foul situation in both games and yet haven't really taken advantage of it. In the 2 games thus far,Boston has been whistled for 23 more fouls, including 15 more than the Cavaliers last night.

Getting to the foul line and actually making free throws is paramount in being able to win games. Should the Cavaliers do that, this series isn't in jeopardy. Problem is now, it goes back to Boston and usually the refereeing assists the home team.

Fixed it!
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue May 04, 2010 9:25 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:Fixed it!

Gracias amigo.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby davemanddd » Tue May 04, 2010 12:55 pm

FUDU wrote:FWIW I took care of the threat of a perfect game, 1 post, 2 minutes, poof gone.

confucius say "virgin like balloon - one prick, all gone". :sillies:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby davemanddd » Tue May 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Orenthal wrote:Hey Dave, isn't the blowout more demoralizing?

maybe for us fans, but as for the players themselves, we won't know until the next game. now if the cavs come back and take game 3 and take the homecourt advantage right back from the celtics, well then no, they were not demoralized hardly at all and i gotta believe that there will be a much different effort outta the cavs then. we can only hope. go cavs!!!

:cavs1:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby waborat » Tue May 04, 2010 6:45 pm

davemanddd wrote:either tnt's microphones are very bad at picking up peripheral sound, or the crowd at the "q" is rather dead tonite. my gawd, when they had the mvp ceremony, they seemed about as excited as a bunch of cpa's at a tax seminar. and it really hasn't gotten any better since the game started either.

:lame:

Nothing wrong with the crowd last night, other than for the 16 straight minutes when they were playing like pussies...

Especially loud during the MVP ceremony...

It chuckles me to hear peeps bitch about shit like the crowd when the entire team (sans JJ) decided to take off 2 hours w/ pay...

Although Peek's spit bottle was uncalled for ;-) ;) :wink:
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue May 04, 2010 7:16 pm

The Jamo P&R situation has an obvious answer. The Cavaliers do not have an identity other then LeIso. This has been beat to death all season, but we have no "go to" moves that we force the other team to stop, except in very rare instances, and then they are abandoned after a game or mere quarters. The team, and LeBron, have gotten so far off his raw talent that we do not develop any offensive sets.

Now I am a total plebe, but seems we have a defensive gameplan in terms of switching and such, but where is our Stockton/Malone, Price/NanceBradHotRod, Dewey/3pt Shooter? If our's is the LeIso, that is far to easy to defend. Drives me freaking nuts, of course I am probably ledgin'.

On Shaq, yes he is missing bunnies, shot 40% last night, but my gawd when he is out our interior defense and rebounding is beyond sad. This freaking offense needs movement, and to stop initiating the freaking offense 3 feet from the 3pt line with 12 seconds left on the shot clock.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue May 04, 2010 7:21 pm

Jamo and LBJ P&R... first play of the game for an open 10 footer for Jamo, while Shaq pinned the help-defense with his 400 lb frame. Then bye-bye.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Cease » Wed May 05, 2010 9:37 am

Orenthal wrote:This freaking offense needs movement, and to stop initiating the freaking offense 3 feet from the 3pt line with 12 seconds left on the shot clock.

...I thought you said we have no offensive identity.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:03 am

waborat wrote:
davemanddd wrote:either tnt's microphones are very bad at picking up peripheral sound, or the crowd at the "q" is rather dead tonite. my gawd, when they had the mvp ceremony, they seemed about as excited as a bunch of cpa's at a tax seminar. and it really hasn't gotten any better since the game started either.

:lame:

Nothing wrong with the crowd last night, other than for the 16 straight minutes when they were playing like pussies...

Especially loud during the MVP ceremony...

It chuckles me to hear peeps bitch about shit like the crowd when the entire team (sans JJ) decided to take off 2 hours w/ pay...

Although Peek's spit bottle was uncalled for ;-) ;) :wink:

A puke bottle would have been more appropriate for the second half effort.

Agree that the crowd was more than willing. It wasn't the fucking crowd. It was the fact that the team failed to come out of the locker room to start the game or to begin the second half.

Disappointing? Hell yes.

Apocalyptic? Only on these boards.

Used to it by now. I laugh to myself instead of calling anyone out. That takes too much effort. See me after Game 6 despite the ulnar nerve surgery and conspiracy theory posts.

God- Sometimes teams and individuals just blow on a given night. Regardless of how good/great the individual/team is.

If the shit hits the fan and they ever have to mandate old, beaten down dudes have to join the military I'm looking somewhere other than here for dudes to share a foxhole with. First car that backfired woud cause some folks here to shit themselves, cry and suggest that our governement and top generals were in cahoots with the Chinese.

Go Tribe.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed May 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Cease wrote:
Orenthal wrote:This freaking offense needs movement, and to stop initiating the freaking offense 3 feet from the 3pt line with 12 seconds left on the shot clock.

...I thought you said we have no offensive identity.

:thumb up:
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA