Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Breaking Bad - Season 3

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Breaking Bad - Season 3

Unread postby waborat » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:15 am

Starts this Sunday...

IMO, THE best show since The Wire...

Intelligent writing, great drama and maybe the best acting in television right now...

How did HBO pass on this one? Oh well, AMC's gain...

If you haven't watched this yet, go out and get or queue up season's 1 & 2...

No disappointment here
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Breaking Bad - Season 3

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:58 am

The first two seasons were great. I'll be watching but this show is actually hard for me to watch anymore. Makes me uncomfortable for some reason lol.
Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby waborat » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:49 pm

So only 1 dude watches it?

And he gets uncomfortable watching it??

And many of you still watch 24 religiously and write and read reviews on it???

You guys are boobs
waborat

Unread postby swerb » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:14 pm

What's the premise? Never even heard of it. Still trying to get started on catching up with Mad Men.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby waborat » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:40 pm

swerb wrote:What's the premise? Never even heard of it. Still trying to get started on catching up with Mad Men.

Season 1 started with a high school chemistry teacher who finds out that he has terminal lung cancer...He has a wife and handicapped son at home with a new daughter on the way...He has no nest egg to take care of his family when he is gone, so he comes up with a scheme to make meth...He enlists a former student of his that semi-knows the drug trade and the rest of the season is their new endeavor...Did I mention that the teacher's BiL is a DEA agent?

Season 2 was them getting deeper & deeper into the business and having to deal with badass dealers and his wife getting more curious on how the money is coming in...All of this while he is going thru chemo...

It stars Bryan Cranston (father from Malcom in the Middle) as the teacher, Walt White (He's won the emmy for best actor for both seasons) and Aaron Paul (Sara's boyfriend in Big Love) as his partner...

There's no doubt that you'll love it Rich...It's pretty original, but if I had to compare it to something I'd say it's a hybrid of The Wire, Weeds, Fargo & Scarface...every episode leaves you hanging and waiting for the next one
waborat

Unread postby biggie4 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:54 pm

I've watched it from the beginning and agree that it is certainly one of the very best things on television. Granted, it may be a little too dark for some but the acting is superior and the dark humor is top notch. Quite frankly I think it is a better show than Madmen, which is a show on the same network that I like and is more "mainstream," so to speak.

Cranston is a brilliant actor, as our several others in the cast. I particularly like the young man who plays Jesse, Cranston's "partner in crime," who also appears on "Big Love" on HBO.

I'll say again that this show may not be for everybody, but even so, by not watching you're missing out on some bravura performances and quite possibly "Black Comedy" at its very best.
biggie4

Favorite Player: Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: Pedro Martinez

Unread postby Cease » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:21 pm

Caught my first full episodes during the marathon on Friday Night. Excellent show, could see myself enjoying full seasons.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby waborat » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:04 am

For some reason, those 2 new bad guys/cousins remind me of Vincent & Jules from Pulp Fiction?

Mannerisms & eye looks, I guess?

First episode opened up all kinds of questions and now Walt's wife knows what he does/did? What does Gus do now? Does Jess stay a mess?

Previews for the upcoming episodes look interesting as well with the lawyer now having a full time gig
waborat

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Sun May 02, 2010 11:09 pm

Holy shit. Last few minutes of the latest episode was playoff basketball tense. The whole backstory with the twins and how the head of action figure was dropped to the ground just like that hollow point bullet was brilliant. Those writers use images so poetically.
metalhead9x9

Favorite Player: Schaudenfraude
Least Favorite Player: Jeffrey Maier

Unread postby waborat » Mon May 03, 2010 6:20 am

metalhead9x9 wrote:Holy shit. Last few minutes of the latest episode was playoff basketball tense. The whole backstory with the twins and how the head of action figure was dropped to the ground just like that hollow point bullet was brilliant. Those writers use images so poetically.

Haven't watched last night's yet, but this season has been just as good if not better than the previous two...

I think this show has now surpassed The Wire & The Sopranos as my favorite drama of all time...

Powerful stuff each week that keeps you on the edge of your seat
waborat

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri May 07, 2010 3:51 pm

Finally caught up on the latest episode last night. You guys are right about the last few minutes. As he was sitting in his car I said to my wife "This show is going to give me a heart attack." What a great show.

And Aaron Paul (Jesse). He is just absolutely phenominal. I've remarked a bunch of times what an awesome actor he is but last night was just...wow. Dude needs to win an award.

Love that fuckin' show.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri May 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Cease wrote:Caught my first full episodes during the marathon on Friday Night. Excellent show, could see myself enjoying full seasons.

You need to go watch every episode. You will not regret it. It is a moral imperative.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby waborat » Fri May 07, 2010 4:24 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:Finally caught up on the latest episode last night. You guys are right about the last few minutes. As he was sitting in his car I said to my wife "This show is going to give me a heart attack." What a great show.

And Aaron Paul (Jesse). He is just absolutely phenominal. I've remarked a bunch of times what an awesome actor he is but last night was just...wow. Dude needs to win an award.

Love that fuckin' show.

I compare watching that last scene to viewing Jaws when I was 8...

You knew something was gonna happen, but you had no friggin clue when it was gonna happen...

Another great, great, great season...

I agree on Aaron Paul
waborat

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:

The whole cast does an amazing job. It's always great when character actors who you see all the time in movies and TV show are given a chance to shine. Breaking Bad's writers make solid contact, but the actors knock it outta the park.
metalhead9x9

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Bump. Gotta keep honkin this show, damn near every episode this season looks like a masterpiece of television to me. The opens are always so striking and the way the song "Windy" was used for the prostitute montage on the last epi was brilliant. Can't get that song outta my head now, especially 'cause they keep playing that Brad Garrett-7 Up ad on radio.

The finale's gonna be epic. Previews showing the badass return of Heisenberg with Walt donning the sunglasses and top hat again. Heisenberg vs. El Generalissimo. Who gonna win???
metalhead9x9

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:28 pm

I've seen a lot of TV, and I think this is probably the best show I've ever seen. I can't think of one better at this point. It is just absolutely phenomenal right now.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:30 pm

SPOILERS!!!!!

At the end of the last episode I about fell out of my chair. I wasn't all that surprised to see Walt run those guys down. But when he walked up to that dude and shot him in the head my jaw hit the floor. So awesome.

This show surprises me every week. I just can't say enough about it.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby waborat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:16 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:I've seen a lot of TV, and I think this is probably the best show I've ever seen. I can't think of one better at this point. It is just absolutely phenomenal right now.

I just said this again to my wife a few weeks ago...

THIS is the best show ever!!!

It's like watching one long, great movie and every episode gets better and better...

The originality of it is superb and just when you think you can't be shocked anymore, they do it again
waborat

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:22 am

dudes flyin like bowling pins lol. Gotta love the double tap.
Shadow Scars

Unread postby tastybrownies » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Cannot wait for the season finale tonight, I am pumped!!! (inlove)
Matt Underwood - "And the Indians have left a small village on base."
tastybrownies

Favorite Player: Johnny Manziel
Least Favorite Player: Miguel Cabrera

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:12 am

Intense and incredibly sad ending to the season. Not the least of which was the revelation of Walt's intentions. I thought his saving Jesse in the penultimate epi was his attempt at some kind of redemption for what he did to Jane. Killing the two gangbangers looked like a way to proclaim himself the bad guy and keep blood off of Jesse's hands.

But (*spoiler*) forcing Jesse to cap Gale ruined that theory. Walt's just looking for a way to stay alive, which is so ironic since the premise of the show started with his cancer predicament and needing to provide for his family after his death. Not that Gale didn't entirely deserve his fate--when you involve yourself in meth production, you can't expect zero repercussions. Knowing Walt actively sought out this kind of collateral damage and seeing Jesse's face at the end reinforces Jesse as the moral center of the show, not Walt. Heisenberg's wheels were spinning and it looks like he finally has a degree of control. Can't wait for next season.
metalhead9x9

Unread postby waborat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:00 am

Hell of a cliffhanger!!!

So many questions left unanswered until next season...

What you'd expect from this great show...

Gotta think there's another Emmy for Cranston after this awesome season
waborat

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:00 am

I really hate season finale cliff hangers. Shit. Walt has completely gone to the dark side now. I use to feel for him but now he's just as bad as any of them. God I love this show.
Shadow Scars

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 am

AMC is playing the entire series on wednesday nights starting the 8th. The pilot is airing at 12:30 AM (so I guess it's actually thurday). the first 2 episodes are airing back to back.

I can't stress enough how much I recommend this show to those who haven't been watching. And now is your opportunity to jump in from the beginning. In the age of DVRs there is absolutely no reason not to give it a try.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this might end up being my favorite show of all time by the time it is finished.

Mark it dudes.

Edit: Just to be clear, this is the series starting with season 1.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:27 am

motherscratcher wrote:AMC is playing the entire series on wednesday nights starting the 8th. The pilot is airing at 12:30 AM (so I guess it's actually thurday). the first 2 episodes are airing back to back.

I can't stress enough how much I recommend this show to those who haven't been watching. And now is your opportunity to jump in from the beginning. In the age of DVRs there is absolutely no reason not to give it a try.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this might end up being my favorite show of all time by the time it is finished.

Mark it dudes.

Edit: Just to be clear, this is the series starting with season 1.

Saw them advertising this and I'll definitely take advantage. Like most people I just can't watch shows that I didn't watch from the beginning and specifically avoided this show and Mad Men after all the glowing reviews because of that. In other news I just got my Mad Men season 1-3 Blu-Rays so it's going to be a nice long holiday season with AMC.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture