Text Size

The Rumble Room

Mayweather/Mosley

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Mayweather/Mosley

Unread postby swerb » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Call your shots.

I'm expecting a dominating performance by Floyd and a unanimous decision win. 117-111, 117-111, 116-112 type win.

You know what you're going to get from Floyd. Mosley - a little tougher to figure out. Before the dominating effort vs Margarito, which is hard to gauge cause Margarito may not be the Margarito we thought he was without loaded gloves ... Shane's last real quality win was in '03 over DelaHoya, a fight Shane was on roids for. Two fights before that Margarito fight were a unanimous decision loss to Cotto and a very uninspiring win over a shot Ricardo Mayorga ...a fight he was actually down on one of the cards before a 12th rd KO.

Is Shane the guy that annihilated Margarito? Will his size and strength be a factor against Floyd, who has fought a lightweight and a junior welter in his last two fights ... and narrowly defeated an over the hill DelaHoya in his last (only?) fight against a legit fighter coming into the ring at a solid 147 lbs or greater?

Nothing would make me happier than to see Floyd lose. Not happening here though. Floyd will win comfortably, dodge Manny, and fight one of the guys at 140 lbs next. Maybe Khan if he beats Paulie. Prolly not enough money in a fight against the winner of Bradley/Maidana. Margarito could be a wild card next opponent if he looks impressive in his comeback fight. Seems unfathomable, but he brings more dollars to the table than some of the much more worthy aforementioned candidates.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Mayweather/Mosley

Unread postby pup » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 am

Might as well watch Dancing With The Stars.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:46 pm

Mayweather's going to be too quick for Mosley. I'm not even sure Mosley lasts for a decision.

I wish it wasn't so damn expensive, cause I think it'd be a waste of money to pay for it. I expect a one-sided fight or a fight where Mosley dances to save his pride and go the distance.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:28 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Mayweather's going to be too quick for Mosley. I'm not even sure Mosley lasts for a decision.

I wish it wasn't so damn expensive, cause I think it'd be a waste of money to pay for it. I expect a one-sided fight or a fight where Mosley dances to save his pride and go the distance.

Let me call a friend and see if I can get you a link where you can stream it live from the web. We do it here for good UFC PPVs so I don't have to give Dana White any money. We hook his laptop right up to the big screen.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:55 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Let me call a friend and see if I can get you a link where you can stream it live from the web. We do it here for good UFC PPVs so I don't have to give Dana White any money. We hook his laptop right up to the big screen.

I'm sure I'll be able to find it on Justin.tv somewhere, but quality is another question.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 01, 2010 11:03 pm

Shock the world Shane ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 01, 2010 11:22 pm

Both guys in amazing shape. Please let this not be a typical boring Mayweather unanimous decision. Find a way to get to this asshole Shane.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 01, 2010 11:39 pm

Round one tough to score. SLight nod to Floyd.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 01, 2010 11:44 pm

Wow ... Shane hurt him.. First time I've ever seen that. Roger Mayweather, most overrated trainer in boxing FINALLY gets tested here.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 pm

Floyds round. 29-28 Mayweather, though round one was a total tossup.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Mosely has one of the sports best trainers. Mayweather has his thug uncle. Interesting to see how this plays out.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Shane not throwing any jabs. Looking for kill shots. Needs to establish a jab.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 01, 2010 11:50 pm

Another Floyd dominated round. 39-37 Floyd.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Fight is getting away from Mosley. 49-46 Mayweather.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby DarNoor » Tue May 04, 2010 10:52 am

Looks like the Mayweather and Pacquiao talks will be heating up. Pacquiao says that he is willing to do the drug test, but the cut off is 24 days before the fight. I hope it happens. I want to see Mayweather get his butt kicked.
~D~
DarNoor

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue May 04, 2010 12:06 pm

I thought I read something yesterday saying that Manny agreed to unlimited urine tests, blood tests up to 14 days before the fight, and blood tests immediately following the fight. I'll try to find where I read that and link it when I get a second.

These guys just need to get it done at this point. The sport is built on Super Fights, and this is the only potential one out there that the common sports fan gives a shit about. If they can't get it done, both of their reputations have a gray cloud over it (regardless of who is at fault).
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Return to The Rumble Room