Text Size

No Holds Barred

Five Question Friday 4/30/2010

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Five Question Friday 4/30/2010

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:29 pm

1. Now that April's ending, what's the best thing that happened to you this past month?

2. If you had to write a 20-page paper on the topic of your choice, what would you write about?

3. If you plan on having kids of your own (or already have), what is (was) the one thing you vow(ed) to do better than your parents/guardians did?

4. If you could live in any country in the world, what would it be and why?

5. What was your favorite field trip in school?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Five Question Friday 4/30/2010

Unread postby Squints » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:13 pm

1. Daughter #2 born on the second.

2. I'd recycle my research paper in college, "Aquatic Therapy/Gait Cycle/Post-stroke" in a nut-shell. I know, I fell asleep as I typed it. But seriously, I would pick something that I am interested in like baseball.

3. My dad was busy developing his business when I was the same age my oldest daughter is now. I vowed to spend more time with her than my dad did with me, take her places on my own, without my wife. Took her to 2 Cavs game this year, just her and I, she watched the entire game. It was fun. However, I must say my parents were good parents.

4. Mexico, if I could live right on the beach.
Ireland, have been there, it was very cool. Could learn to drive on the left and English is th primary language.
For some odd reason, I've always wanted to live in Sweden too.

5. Italy junoir year of high school
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:17 pm

skatingtripods wrote:1. Now that April's ending, what's the best thing that happened to you this past month?

2. If you had to write a 20-page paper on the topic of your choice, what would you write about?

3. If you plan on having kids of your own (or already have), what is (was) the one thing you vow(ed) to do better than your parents/guardians did?

1. Sex.

2. The Roman Republic/Empire (before they adopted Christianity).

3. Not planning yet, but my parents were great and I don't think I could do a better job.

4. Germany, in my heart I know it's where i'm supposed to be.

5. Natural History Museum and COSI.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:21 pm

skatingtripods wrote:1. Now that April's ending, what's the best thing that happened to you this past month?

Bout damntime Adam! Been waiting all day. ;-)

1. I got a kegorator.

2. Eyeeyeo - when schoolyard bullies graduate to the interwebs

3. When you f up as a parent, fess up and admit it. Let them know you aren't perfect.
Apologize when you are wrong.

4. I have no effing idea. I guess the USA if we could split the whole thing along the lines of normal Ohio and Ohio Classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr3ftmvO ... re=related

5. 7th grade, Ohio history museum.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:25 pm

1. Now that April's ending, what's the best thing that happened to you this past month?

Booked trip to Amsterdam. took 2 beautiful ladies to 2 operas (separately of course)

Anything involving Nazi Germany or music

I can't even think about kids right now

4. If you could live in any country in the world, where would it be and why?
Rio De Janiero - Brazil
here's why
Or Obersalzburg or even anywhere around the Bavarian Alps

Spain
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:00 pm

I'm dominating my fantasy league vs all my college buddies

Conservatives vs liberals

Show more interest in my kids' lives outside of schoolwork. My parents never really knew any of my friends or girlfriends. They're lucky I was never friends with any troublemakers.

I'd pick the USA but if not here then probably Switzerland.

St Augustine, FL
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:10 pm

Start of baseball season I guess. It's been an uneventful month.

Either something about Hitler and his mistake on going in to the Soviet Union or something about the benefits of legalizing sports betting and taxing it, potentially as part of the state lottery.

Not make up for my mistakes by giving my kid money.

Canada. In the wilderness. With a frozen pond, a lot of food, a cabin, and my fiance. Away from everyone.

Probably Niagara Falls in 8th grade.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:23 pm

1. 2 more checkups at the baby doctor with the wife. Both were clear of any problems/issues, which is always very positive.

2. Plastic production and the various fruit/produce shaped options for molding.

3. Can't lie, my parents were pretty spot on with the whole child raising experience.

4. Mexico. They're all coming up here anyway, just as soon fill in the gaps.

5. Potato chip factory. It was a game-changer for me.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm still alive and kickin and pissing people off

lol...write 20 pages........ Seriously tho.... I'd write about my experiences as an infantry medic in Vietnam. I can remember 275 days from that 362 day period

I have no complaints. Got 3 sons, 2 grandsons 11 & 3, a grand daughter 5/another one comming in just a few weeks. My sons are all better men than me, married to beautiful young women and the only one who is single is just a stones throw from a Phd in mathmatics

Tahiti

Blocks' Pool Hall, every day after school from 8th thru 12th grades : )
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby hebner20 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:17 pm

1) my dad got out of the hospital today after 5 weeks.
2) the lack of business ethics which led to the financial meltdown in a post enron/sarbanes oxley world.
3)no kids but i am happy with how my parents raised me
4)USA, preferaby in the south east which may happen...
5)Field trip? No field trips for Hebner.

Off topic, that you tube link that JB posted upthread is dubious. Cuyahoga county has been run by dems for decades and is the laughing stock/arm pit of Ohio only tied by Y-town. The dude is funny but his premise is questionable at best. in my anonymous internet opinion
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:18 pm

I didn't get laid off
The truth about public education, and what needs to be done to fix it
Be more involved in their interests
Any island in the south pacific. Toes in the sand, drink in my hand
The one I went on last year, to the beach
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:13 pm

I got attached.

The 1980 NFL Season.

Hopefully I'd be a little more demanding. Then again they had four kids and enough work getting us through childhood intact. So I am not judging.

United States. Manhattan or the Loop.

AP History, Junior Year (1991-92) train trip to Chicago. We had to get our names drawn out of a hat to go, and mine got drawn. :cheers:
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby jordan kramer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:38 pm

1. my girl

2. BCS system. did a big presentation about it last semester, it was surprisingly easy. i love college football

3. put a baseball in his left hand the second he's out of the womb

4. Monte Carlo

5. ceder point
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby jack_tors » Sat May 01, 2010 8:48 am

-The weather was warm enough for me to relax outside.

-Any military leader with preference to pre-Korea military. Wrote a 25 page paper on James Doolittle in college and it was an excellent learning experience.

-My parents were great parents but I would try to instill more emphasis on planning, especially in high school. I am not saying to have your life/career planned by age 12 but just keep an eye on the road ahead cause you are on it 10 times quicker than you expect to be.

-USA, Savannah, Georgia. Prettiest place I have been, close to the beach, and I would own a nice home in the historic district which is in walking distance to all I need.

-The Cleveland Natural History Museum
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby waborat » Sat May 01, 2010 10:54 am

Selling enough work to keep my guys busy through September already

Do fortune cookie predictions have a deadline?

Don't dress the lil bastards in goofy clothes for special occasions (ex. Easter)

USA in Whorehouse Meadow, Oregon....why not?

Cleveland Zoo in 4th grade...gave my tray of sardines to a lil redheaded girl to feed the seals and she kissed me on the cheek...first kiss ever & afterwards I was horny for life...although a field trip to Whorehouse Meadow might have been more fun
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby General » Sat May 01, 2010 12:13 pm

Lost 10 pounds...

I hate writing papers

Can't really think of anything that needs correcting

Sicily

Natural History Museum and Cleveland Orchestra
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Return to No Holds Barred