Text Size

No Holds Barred

Raise the retirement age already

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: Raise the retirement age already

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:29 am

Ziner wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I just want to know where the Tea Party folks where from 2003-2008.

Probably the same place the war protesters are hanging out now.

Yes the (D) infront of Barry's name had something to do with it, I can't or won't deny that. But you know damn well it's a big motivating factor for the Tea Party folks, Bush spent ALOT of money, i've heard many here say he wasn't a true Conservative, and if that's what the TP wants, they're a little late to the party (no pun intended), no?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:55 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Ziner wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I just want to know where the Tea Party folks where from 2003-2008.

Yes the (D) infront of Barry's name had something to do with it, I can't or won't deny that. But you know damn well it's a big motivating factor for the Tea Party folks, Bush spent ALOT of money, i've heard many here say he wasn't a true Conservative, and if that's what the TP wants, they're a little late to the party (no pun intended),
no?

Don't disagree at all, if McCain won there would be no Tea Party.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 pm

Ziner wrote:

Touche, Mr Mackey.

Touche
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:56 pm

If the Tea Party folks had been out there from 2003-2008, would you have been in favor of them, or against them?
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:01 pm

jfiling wrote:

If the Tea Party folks had been out there from 2003-2008, would you have been in favor of them, or against them?

I don't even know that what I consider to be the TP is partisan. I do know that at their core their is an irrational and visceral hatred of Obama. But for me it is far less about partisanship, and far more about the fuckin' entitlement whining and intellectual dishonesty that is outright hypocracy. About all the common ground I have with them is that the issue of the deficit is crushing. But I haven't heard a single rational solution proposed tied to any of 'em.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:12 pm

jb wrote:
jfiling wrote:

I don't even know that what I consider to be the TP is partisan. I do know that at their core their is an irrational and visceral hatred of Obama. But for me it is far less about partisanship, and far more about the fuckin' entitlement whining and intellectual dishonesty that is outright hypocracy. About all the common ground I have with them is that the issue of the deficit is crushing. But I haven't heard a single rational solution proposed tied to any of 'em.

Really. You haven't heard a single rational solution. Maybe opposing the Obama "stimulus" that was the impetus for the Tea Party rallies in the first place would be a good start. Maybe opposing "health care reform" that isn't going to do anything but force every working citizen in the nation to but insurance from private insurers.

But yeah, there really haven't been any rational solutions to combat Obama's historically insane escalation of the national debt.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:34 pm

J, the health care bill cuts the deficit, remember.

:lmfao:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:48 pm

jfiling wrote:

Same stance as I have now, since i'm not opposed to spending (stateside, not on a dumb war with no end) or health care reform. But the point is moot since they weren't there, nor would they've been, because they're hypocrites, cuz Brainless II was "keepin MURRICA safe from them damn dirty 9/11 terrorist in Iraq, and gettin that oil, son". FTR i've never taken part in a single anti war protest, nor would I.

Really. You haven't heard a single rational solution.

Nope not one. "boo Taxes", "boo big goverment!", "boo healthcare (unless it's theirs)!", and " Damn Communist Hitler Tyrant guy!" aren't solutions. Saying what you would do to combat the recession and to reform healthcare are. Instead all we get is the Sickle and Hammer and people yelling about wanting "Their country back, a euphemism for a white Republican in charge. Simply opposing something isn't a solution.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Really. You haven't heard a single rational solution

Well, duh?
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus