Text Size

No Holds Barred

4-20

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

4-20

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:06 am

:lmfao:

Just legalize it will ya

So much of this had me cracking up. I am currently attending the University of Colorado, best known for Hippies, Kordell Stewart's Hail Mary to beat Michigan, and of course 4-20. I think the picture below is all you need to know.

Image

So anyways I wanted to share the email I just received from the Chancellor concerning the highly anticipated day. Which the University completely disapproves of and he is sure to stress that, so much so that they let you know where you can park. ::doh::

While they want to discourage it seems more like an advertisement, isn't he legitimizing it by sending an email like this out?

Hope you find it as amusing as I did

TO: CU-Boulder Students

FROM: Office of the Chancellor

SENDER: Chancellor Philip P. DiStefano

DATE: April 15, 2010


SUBJECT: The 420 gathering at CU-Boulder on April 20, 2010

Dear CU student:

As another April 20 approaches, we again are faced with concerns from
students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, regents and community members
about the 420 gathering on the CU-Boulder campus.

As we said last year, we share these concerns. An unsponsored gathering of
thousands in the heart of our campus for the sole purpose of engaging in
what is still unlawful activity is not only contrary to what we stand for as
a university, it is a public safety challenge of the first order.

With this in mind, on April 20, 2010, please do not participate in unlawful
activity that devalues the reputation of your university and degree. At the
same time, encourage your fellow Buffs to act with pride and remember who
they really are - part of a dynamic environment of teaching, research,
learning, and service composed of outstanding faculty and proud students and
alumni.

Be advised that on April 20 the following safety parameters will be
enforced:

-Obey the instructions of public safety officials at all times in entering
and leaving campus, and act with concern for those around you, discouraging
dangerous behavior of any kind.

-Parking limitations similar to those during CU home football games will be
enforced. Parking on campus will be greatly limited, available only at
meters or for those holding CU parking permits. Traffic barricades will be
set up at Colorado Avenue and Folsom Street and on 18th Street to limit
traffic in the heart of campus. Please observe all parking regulations
within the City of Boulder.

-While police will be present on the Norlin Quad to support crowd safety,
individuals found using marijuana on their way to or from the 420 gathering,
or in other locations on campus, face a citation from CUPD. Likewise, no
alcohol will be permitted on the Norlin Quad or elsewhere on campus, and
intoxicated persons could be taken into custody or escorted to an alcohol
recovery center, or both
Yes, God forbid their be alcohol in a location 10,000 will be using an illegal drug :lmfao:

-CU students who violate the alcohol or drug provisions of the CU Code of
Conduct in the ways described above, or in other ways, are also subject to
penalties from CU-Boulder's Office of Judicial Affairs.
Uhhhhh.... like the 10,000 students participating??? Better have a big Judicial Affairs office, I bet they are very afraid of this threat



At the Norlin Quad, no vending of any merchandise or food will be permitted.
No buying and selling of marijuana will be allowed. No barbecue grills,
structures, slacklines, sporting or game apparatus, or large signs may be
erected.
Now there is a quick way to for me make about 10K in a weekend. Bags of Doritos and Funyuns for $5 a pop.

We want to re-emphasize that our intention in this communication is safety.
This is an unsanctioned event on our campus, but regardless, we all desire
it be carried out with no injuries to individuals and no damage to property.
We ask for, and expect, your full cooperation in achieving this important
goal.

Sincerely,

Philip P. DiStefano, Chancellor
Julie Wong, Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs
Deb Coffin, Dean of Students
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:18 am

There is nothing wrong with smoking pot, at all. It's illegal because of stupid laws passed by stupid people. Legalize it, tax the shit out of it and finance the deficit.

I'd be willing to bet RJ Reynolds and Phillip Morris both have plans already drawn up to start producing joints the second it's legalized.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Stu » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:09 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:There is nothing wrong with smoking pot, at all. It's illegal because of stupid laws passed by stupid people. Legalize it, tax the shit out of it and finance the deficit.

I'd be willing to bet RJ Reynolds and Phillip Morris both have plans already drawn up to start producing joints the second it's legalized.


This is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. Why on earth should we tax the shit out of it?

If people want it legal, legalize it and tax it like any other good.

This government needs to stop telling its people what to do based on how much taxes they'll have to pay for it.
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:51 am

Stu wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:There is nothing wrong with smoking pot, at all. It's illegal because of stupid laws passed by stupid people. Legalize it, tax the shit out of it and finance the deficit.

I'd be willing to bet RJ Reynolds and Phillip Morris both have plans already drawn up to start producing joints the second it's legalized.


This is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. Why on earth should we tax the shit out of it?

If people want it legal, legalize it and tax it like any other good.

This government needs to stop telling its people what to do based on how much taxes they'll have to pay for it.


lol.

Because they don't already tax the shit out of cigarettes and alcohol.

"Dumbest thing ever", huh? You ever read the smug garbage you post around this place.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:40 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Stu wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:There is nothing wrong with smoking pot, at all. It's illegal because of stupid laws passed by stupid people. Legalize it, tax the shit out of it and finance the deficit.

I'd be willing to bet RJ Reynolds and Phillip Morris both have plans already drawn up to start producing joints the second it's legalized.


This is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. Why on earth should we tax the shit out of it?

If people want it legal, legalize it and tax it like any other good.

This government needs to stop telling its people what to do based on how much taxes they'll have to pay for it.


lol.

Because they don't already tax the shit out of cigarettes and alcohol.

"Dumbest thing ever", huh? You ever read the smug garbage you post around this place.


Just curious why Stu finds it absurd that someone recommends taxing the shit out of weed while it was just a little while ago he was pissed because they weren't taxing the shit out of gambling. What a dilemma if dispensaries would pay an above market licensing fee.

Stu wrote:And again, why are people ok with the 50 million dollar licensing fee, when other states are giving out licenses for 3-500 million?


viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15331&start=50
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:24 am

Because all he wants is to do is pick a fight. I'd take his argument seriously if the notion that he actually gave a shit how much they taxed pot wasn't so laughable.

All they would have to do is tax it enough so that it undercuts the street prices, which would be easy. You could tax the shit out of it and still destroy street prices. A half ounce of mid-grade marijuana goes for about $75, which is alot of street tax. A big scale operation run by a company like Phillip Morris could probably produce the same quality and quanity for much lower, even after a nice tax was applied.

I smoked just about every day for almost a decade, and if I could go to the 7-11 and buy a 1/8th of highly taxed good quality KB that I liked for $45 instead of $50, i'd buy it everytime.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Stu » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:25 am

Ziner wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Stu wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:There is nothing wrong with smoking pot, at all. It's illegal because of stupid laws passed by stupid people. Legalize it, tax the shit out of it and finance the deficit.

I'd be willing to bet RJ Reynolds and Phillip Morris both have plans already drawn up to start producing joints the second it's legalized.


This is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. Why on earth should we tax the shit out of it?

If people want it legal, legalize it and tax it like any other good.

This government needs to stop telling its people what to do based on how much taxes they'll have to pay for it.


lol.

Because they don't already tax the shit out of cigarettes and alcohol.

"Dumbest thing ever", huh? You ever read the smug garbage you post around this place.


Just curious why Stu finds it absurd that someone recommends taxing the shit out of weed while it was just a little while ago he was pissed because they weren't taxing the shit out of gambling. What a dilemma if dispensaries would pay an above market licensing fee.

Stu wrote:And again, why are people ok with the 50 million dollar licensing fee, when other states are giving out licenses for 3-500 million?


viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15331&start=50





Thank you for quoting that. In the gambling discussion, the state was awarding a monopoly. If a state is going to bend over backwards to award 1 company with a monopoly, then the company should be paying for it via taxes and license fees.

In this scenario, we are actually talking about a free market of a product.

In the ideal scenario I repeatedly posted in the gambling thread that I preferred a free market of casinos in Ohio. In that situation, you wouldnt need the incredibly high licensing fee.

But hey, if you want to smoke pot and pay super high taxes, go you. I'd rather see people pay a fair amount instead though.
Stu
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:15 pm
Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:07 am

They'll legalize it and they'll tax it eventually because they'll have to...just like they'll have to institute a National Sales Tax to pay for all Obama's freebies
and 300,000 or so new government employees...

The problem will be back yard gardeners....like myself who will grow their own, better, 'shit' that won't be taxed. They'll have to figure out a way to charge you for a permit or some other form of money grab

Fuk those leeches and their taxes....I just want to grow my own, not buy it
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:They'll legalize it and they'll tax it eventually because they'll have to...just like they'll have to institute a National Sales Tax to pay for all Obama's freebies
and 300,000 or so new government employees...

The problem will be back yard gardeners....like myself who will grow their own, better, 'shit' that won't be taxed. They'll have to figure out a way to charge you for a permit or some other form of money grab

Fuk those leeches and their taxes....I just want to grow my own, not buy it



You can grow your own tobacco, you just can't sell it with the tax stamp, you can brew your own beer, you just can't sell it without paying the tax and having a liquor license. I doubt they will make you have a permit as long as it's for personal consumption. Which would take the average home grower 3 seconds to get around if they wanted to sell.

I also think that big operations would have no problem producing equal quality to the best stuff around.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Ziner » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:43 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
I also think that big operations would have no problem producing equal quality to the best stuff around.


From what I hear the dispensaries around here have any type you would ever want. From people that know they said it is really good shit. It has undercut any sort of dealers because everyone just gets it from a buddy who has a MM card. Now that I know someone who can get it I might just have to see first hand. Haven't messed with it for a while.
Last edited by Ziner on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: 4-20

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:They'll legalize it and they'll tax it eventually because they'll have to...just like they'll have to institute a National Sales Tax to pay for all Obama's freebies
and 300,000 or so new government employees...


We are all government employees as it is.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13359
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:09 pm

Ziner wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
I also think that big operations would have no problem producing equal quality to the best stuff around.


From what I hear the dispensaries around here have any type you would ever want. From people that know they said it is really good shit. It has undercut any sort of dealers because everyone know just gets it from a buddy who has a MM card. Now that I know someone who can get it I might just have to see first hand. Haven't messed with it for a while.


I got baked(and drunk)on Super Bowl Sunday, I don't really remember alot from that day. And I like to get stoned before OSU games.

The stuff from those MM Shops are top notch, but it's really pricey. A friend e-mailed me a copy of one of the SoCal MM Shop's menus. The names they give pot is becoming absurd. But I remember there being one "strand" called Super Kali Kushberry that was $50 for one fuckin gram. That better make me see flying monkeys for that price.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Ziner » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:37 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Ziner wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
I also think that big operations would have no problem producing equal quality to the best stuff around.


From what I hear the dispensaries around here have any type you would ever want. From people that know they said it is really good shit. It has undercut any sort of dealers because everyone know just gets it from a buddy who has a MM card. Now that I know someone who can get it I might just have to see first hand. Haven't messed with it for a while.


I got baked(and drunk)on Super Bowl Sunday, I don't really remember alot from that day. And I like to get stoned before OSU games.

The stuff from those MM Shops are top notch, but it's really pricey. A friend e-mailed me a copy of one of the SoCal MM Shop's menus. The names they give pot is becoming absurd. But I remember there being one "strand" called Super Kali Kushberry that was $50 for one fuckin gram. That better make me see flying monkeys for that price.


Guy I talked to said $50 an 8th here at the dispensaries on average. I will try to snag a menu sometime and take a look. Isn't tough being in Boulder.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:19 pm

$50 1/8th is standard street prices for KB around here.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:13 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:There is nothing wrong with smoking pot, at all. It's illegal because of stupid laws passed by stupid people. Legalize it, tax the shit out of it and finance the deficit.


They already make money off it from people who get caught with it and have to pay fines.

Honestly, if weed is legalized what are weed dealers going to do for money? Start selling crack?

Eventually we'll have to legalize that because America needs more money. Making money off ruining people's lives. ::doh::

It'll be a never ending circle.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
User avatar
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm
Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Rat_Tail wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:There is nothing wrong with smoking pot, at all. It's illegal because of stupid laws passed by stupid people. Legalize it, tax the shit out of it and finance the deficit.


They already make money off it from people who get caught with it and have to pay fines.

Honestly, if weed is legalized what are weed dealers going to do for money? Start selling crack?

Eventually we'll have to legalize that because America needs more money. Making money off ruining people's lives. ::doh::

It'll be a never ending circle.


:lmfao:

The 'ole "If you legalize pot, you'll have to legalize all other drugs" argument, eh?

Crack will never be legalized because it's a blight on society, pot isn't. Clear difference.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: 4-20

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:46 pm

Rat_Tail wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:There is nothing wrong with smoking pot, at all. It's illegal because of stupid laws passed by stupid people. Legalize it, tax the shit out of it and finance the deficit.


They already make money off it from people who get caught with it and have to pay fines.

Honestly, if weed is legalized what are weed dealers going to do for money? Start selling crack?

Eventually we'll have to legalize that because America needs more money. Making money off ruining people's lives. ::doh::

It'll be a never ending circle.

Right. I'm sure those huge fines they rack up from low level dealers and users more than make up for their stays in the penitentiary and all the wasted cost of enforcement.

FWIW I've read a few stories about how the growers out here who supply for "medical" (which is nonsense, as you just have to find the right doc to give you a prescription, apparently not hard) are going to team up with the anti-drug forces to keep it illegal. They are terrified that if it is legalized, serious companies will get involved and they will be driven out of business.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:53 pm

FWIW I've read a few stories about how the growers out here who supply for "medical" (which is nonsense, as you just have to find the right doc to give you a prescription, apparently not hard)


I have a friend who lives in Richmond California who has a MM "presciption". I asked him how he got it, and he told he went to a "friendly doctor" (one of the MM shops gave him the card of the doctor) gave the doc $250 and he was given the magic card that says he can smoke herb.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:37 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FWIW I've read a few stories about how the growers out here who supply for "medical" (which is nonsense, as you just have to find the right doc to give you a prescription, apparently not hard)


I have a friend who lives in Richmond California who has a MM "presciption". I asked him how he got it, and he told he went to a "friendly doctor" (one of the MM shops gave him the card of the doctor) gave the doc $250 and he was given the magic card that says he can smoke herb.



I have done the research out here. You find one of the doctors that advertise in the "high times" as marijuana friendly and pay $100 to complain of back pain from a previous fall and boom... Medical Marijuana card. I was going to do it just to see how easy it was, but now I know someone with a card. I'd rather just buy it from him.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:42 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FWIW I've read a few stories about how the growers out here who supply for "medical" (which is nonsense, as you just have to find the right doc to give you a prescription, apparently not hard)


I have a friend who lives in Richmond California who has a MM "presciption". I asked him how he got it, and he told he went to a "friendly doctor" (one of the MM shops gave him the card of the doctor) gave the doc $250 and he was given the magic card that says he can smoke herb.


Pot can ruin your life just as easy as alcohol and crack can. Pot definitely messes up your memory and makes you more lazy. If it were up to me it would all be illegal.

I'm not really sure about this but I thought a lot of people who use MM to get high dislike it. I know i've read that it's not the same as what you can buy off the streets and makes you more sick. Is that true?
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
User avatar
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm
Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:24 am

Pot can ruin your life just as easy as alcohol and crack can. Pot definitely messes up your memory and makes you more lazy. If it were up to me it would all be illegal


Instead of throwing out dumb generalizations on pot, you might want to actually take time to think about what you're writing before making a fool of yourself.... Or maybe not. Christ.... This sounds like "Reefer Madness" bullshit propoganda. Pot makes you lazy... Sure if you're a lazy person. I smoked for a decade, earned solid grades in high school and college, and have been employed since I was 14. Eating fast food can ruin your life, having sex without a condom can ruin your life, gambling can ruin your life. Lets make all that illegal too. Let's all be Amish. I'm so thankful it's not up to a ignorant person like you.

I'm not really sure about this but I thought a lot of people who use MM to get high dislike it. I know i've read that it's not the same as what you can buy off the streets and makes you more sick. Is that true?


Just stop. Quit embarrassing yourself. You don't know shit about it so don't speak on it or ask stupid questions. You haven't read jack about anything, you're making shit up.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: 4-20

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:38 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Pot can ruin your life just as easy as alcohol and crack can. Pot definitely messes up your memory and makes you more lazy. If it were up to me it would all be illegal


Instead of throwing out dumb generalizations on pot, you might want to actually take time to think about what you're writing before making a fool of yourself.... Or maybe not. Christ.... This sounds like "Reefer Madness" bullshit propoganda. Pot makes you lazy... Sure if you're a lazy person. I smoked for a decade, earned solid grades in high school and college, and have been employed since I was 14. Eating fast food can ruin your life, having sex without a condom can ruin your life, gambling can ruin your life. Lets make all that illegal too. Let's all be Amish. I'm so thankful it's not up to a ignorant person like you.

I'm not really sure about this but I thought a lot of people who use MM to get high dislike it. I know i've read that it's not the same as what you can buy off the streets and makes you more sick. Is that true?


Just stop. Quit embarrassing yourself. You don't know shit about it so don't speak on it or ask stupid questions. You haven't read jack about anything, you're making shit up.

:salute: Sorry Ratty, but you really embarrassed yourself with that take.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3875
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:38 am

Rat_Tail wrote:Pot can ruin your life just as easy as alcohol and crack can. Pot definitely messes up your memory and makes you more lazy. If it were up to me it would all be illegal.

I'm not really sure about this but I thought a lot of people who use MM to get high dislike it. I know i've read that it's not the same as what you can buy off the streets and makes you more sick. Is that true?


Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: 4-20

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:12 am

RT - I don't want to make fun of you because you do seem like a decent guy. But this is just an really bad take. Your opinion is uninformed. If you know ANYONE whose life was ruined by pot (which I seriously doubt) then I have no doubt that there were a ton of other circumstances that went into what ever horrible fate has befallen them.

Please tell me that you haven't formed this opinion based on propaganda like the stupid crap we had to sit through in elementary school and junior high where there would be an assembly and some poor schmuck would come out with their "story of woah" trying to scare the kids straight.

Things like "cocaine is addictive if you try it once". "Pot makes you lazy." "Pot is a stepping stone drug." "Pot ruins your memery." These things are not based in fact. They are based in assumption. Poor assumption at that.

These things have absolutely no scientific data to back them up. None.

What it comes down to is a moral argument. You don't like pot because of some type of morality you have decided to live up to. Fine. Go ahead. Don't smoke and feel free to discourage it's use to anyone who cares to listen to you. But making it illegal is a completely different thing.

I the only reason to make something illegal is because it insults some groups sense of morality, then it should not be illegal. And you should be able to admit that.

Just because Dr Phil sent some poor kid with idiot parents to rehab because they don't like that he smoked pot is not evidence of "ruined lives."
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:18 am

One thing is for certain. There is not a cause and effect when it comes to marijuana and laziness, being dumb, or eating mass amounts cheetos. Wait, check that last one...

RT people do not become lazy because they smoke.

Oh, and I havent heard of anyone who smokes the MM that dislikes it. Quite the contrary, they love it.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:41 am

Well if getting high is your idea of a good time then more power to you I guess. But weed, alcohol, or any other drugs really have no benefit on you whatsoever so whats the point?
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
User avatar
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm
Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:49 am

Rat_Tail wrote:Well if getting high is your idea of a good time then more power to you I guess. But weed, alcohol, or any other drugs really have no benefit on you whatsoever so whats the point?


have you ever drank or smoked? There is a reason people do it.

btw, there are lots of benefits, if there weren't people wouldnt do it. Not to say there aren't downsides and that you need to be able to do both responsibly, but you sound like someone who hasn't ever touched any of that stuff. If that is your choice, props to you, I have no problem with your choice. However you are only 18. from what I recall. so don't be surprised if your views change.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:53 am

Rat_Tail wrote:Well if getting high is your idea of a good time then more power to you I guess. But weed, alcohol, or any other drugs really have no benefit on you whatsoever so whats the point?


How do you know they don't benefit you? You continue to speak on something you know nothing about.

I drink because it's fun. I smoked pot, took LSD, 'Shrooms, Ecstacy, and Mescaline because it was fun. People should live their lives according to their own rules as long as you're not hurting or stealing from anyone else.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Cease » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:58 am

This thread is really harshing my mellow.
User avatar
Cease
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:47 am
Location: The View
Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Re: 4-20

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:14 pm

Rat_Tail wrote:Well if getting high is your idea of a good time then more power to you I guess. But weed, alcohol, or any other drugs really have no benefit on you whatsoever so whats the point?


This. This exactly RT. You don't like it. You don't see the benefit. Fine. Do or don't do whatever the hell you want.

But, when you start talking about how it should be illegal because you don't see the benefit, then it's a problem. What gives you the right to dictate what other people do with their lives when there is absolutely zero harm done to you? CDT smoking pot has absolutely nothing to do with you.

You don't have to like it but that's OK because nobody gives a shit what you think about it anyway.

So, do you still think it should be illegal? Or are you going to admit that it should be legal and stand by your "...more power to you" statement?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:15 pm

I'd bet 75% of the people on these boards have smoked pot at some point in their lives.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: 4-20

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:18 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'd bet 75% of the people on these boards have smoked pot at some point in their lives.


This board is a vast wasteland of ruined lives and untapped potential.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'd bet 75% of the people on these boards have smoked pot at some point in their lives.



I'd bet 75% are high while on the boards, that sure would explain a lot.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'd bet 75% of the people on these boards have smoked pot at some point in their lives.


This board is a vast wasteland of ruined lives and untapped potential.


You mofos spent too much time at the Flats doing coke off pocket mirrors.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: 4-20

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:31 pm

Rat_Tail wrote:Well if getting high is your idea of a good time then more power to you I guess. But weed, alcohol, or any other drugs really have no benefit on you whatsoever so whats the point?



Pretty sure the point is similar to you cheering for the Cowboys in the playoffs or making videos with blow up dolls, both equally fruitless pursuits.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: 4-20

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:05 pm

Rat_Tail wrote: But weed, alcohol, or any other drugs really have no benefit on you whatsoever so whats the point?


I enjoy them, and in moderation I feel they enhance my quality of life.

Being prejudiced has no benefit either. But that doesn't seem to stop you.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3720
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: 4-20

Unread postby dmiles » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:46 pm

It really comes down the question...what is a life ruined? Is it simply not getting the MBA/law degree and being stuck in a manual labor job when you were otherwise a bright kid?

I am not sure, just asking. I've encountered many potheads through high school/military and beyond, and I don't see any of them as type A overachievers. But, I have to ask does it matter? Might just level them out and make them realize life isn't about trashing all relationships, and time with friends and family to grab the brass ring. Maybe sitting around burning one with friends works out better for them?

It's tough for me I do not smoke, and live right here where I could easily get the card. I have teen boys, and realistically most of their peers I see getting into it, do end up slacking with grades and athletics. Yet every entertaining movie, every sign in society tells them to light up. Deep down, I really don't give a shit, but my role as a parent is not to encourage using pot. If one of them gets caught doing it, oh well, it's not like mom or dad didn't do it. (just not often)

Maybe the perception is for adults it's no biggie, but I hate to see a bright 17 year old with some athletic skills and good grades start not giving a shit. Of course I had weed maybe 5-10 times while in high school, and I kept the grades up and pushed hard in sports, so it's likely my perception is flawed. i.e. we blame the weed for the kids who go lazy, when in fact...the kids really want to go lazy regardless.
On Twitter @DaBashers
User avatar
dmiles
 
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: 4-20

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:19 pm

Rat_Tail wrote:Well if getting high is your idea of a good time then more power to you I guess. But weed, alcohol, or any other drugs really have no benefit on you whatsoever so whats the point?

That wasn't your argument. However, it's nice to see you conceded the point that your argument was spurious by completely changing the subject and trying to claim that anyone is arguing that there is a benefit to doing drugs. Try not being an idiot next time you chime in on something about which you clearly know nothing. Or, just don't say anything.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3875
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:23 pm

jfiling wrote:
Rat_Tail wrote:Well if getting high is your idea of a good time then more power to you I guess. But weed, alcohol, or any other drugs really have no benefit on you whatsoever so whats the point?

That wasn't your argument. However, it's nice to see you conceded the point that your argument was spurious by completely changing the subject and trying to claim that anyone is arguing that there is a benefit to doing drugs. Try not being an idiot next time you chime in on something about which you clearly know nothing. Or, just don't say anything.


To be fair I argued there are benefits. Not benefits like you become smarter or more active, but benefits like they are fun and relaxing. If they werent people wouldn't drink or smoke. I drew my own line, would never go past that, but I know plenty of others who have and they claim it was even better. To each his own.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: 4-20

Unread postby waborat » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:"Pot ruins your memery."



& spelling ;-) ;) :wink:
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:12 pm

I understand what you guys are saying and I have more of a beef with alcohol than weed, but I still don't think either should be legal.

To say it causes no harm isn't really fair either. I really don't wanna go out being killed by a drunk or high driver.

And it's not just about it harming me its also about it harming others. It's not really fair for babies to be born from idiot mothers who decide to drink or smoke during pregnancy.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
User avatar
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm
Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:18 pm

Rat_Tail wrote:I understand what you guys are saying and I have more of a beef with alcohol than weed, but I still don't think either should be legal.

To say it causes no harm isn't really fair either. I really don't wanna go out being killed by a drunk or high driver.

And it's not just about it harming me its also about it harming others. It's not really fair for babies to be born from idiot mothers who decide to drink or smoke during pregnancy.


Its all about responsibility. Same with Gambling, Guns, Driving, etc. All potentially can do bad things, done responsibly they are fine. I just don't agree that you punish everyone by making it illegal because some people can not be responsible.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: 4-20

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:The problem will be back yard gardeners....like myself who will grow their own, better, 'shit' that won't be taxed. They'll have to figure out a way to charge you for a permit or some other form of money grab

Fuk those leeches and their taxes....I just want to grow my own, not buy it


Word.

First thing I can remember agreeing with you about on this board.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: 4-20

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:28 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Rat_Tail wrote: But weed, alcohol, or any other drugs really have no benefit on you whatsoever so whats the point?


I enjoy them, and in moderation I feel they enhance my quality of life.

Being prejudiced has no benefit either. But that doesn't seem to stop you.


I do too.

One of the very gratifying things about being responsible regarding a career and paying bills and such...is that you can in fact enjoy these things in moderation, in your own home, and not endanger yourself or others.

I only wish pain meds were more easily obtained round these parts. I have to bring home a stash every time I come down to Ctown, lol.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:56 pm

Rat_Tail wrote:Well if getting high is your idea of a good time then more power to you I guess. But weed, alcohol, or any other drugs really have no benefit on you whatsoever so whats the point?


Complete utter nonsense

If it weren't for drugs, as well as mental ilnesses, there would be no art for starters.

I mean, just imagine a world without Van Gogh, Dali, Michaelangelo or one in which no one ever heard Majical Mystery Tour while tripping on Blotter acid

I used to do x-ray welding higher than a fucking kite. The kind that had to meet ANSI pipeline codes and I was good at it. I "got into it."

Now I draw with a pencil and change the world a 1/2 acre at a time and I find a little buzz to be especially productive for staring at a blank paper for a 1/2 hr or so to imagine what I want to do and I've been successful at it for 30+ yrs....

So stuff that shitty weak assed take back up your ass, you racist prick
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:00 pm

JCoz wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:The problem will be back yard gardeners....like myself who will grow their own, better, 'shit' that won't be taxed. They'll have to figure out a way to charge you for a permit or some other form of money grab

Fuk those leeches and their taxes....I just want to grow my own, not buy it


Word.

First thing I can remember agreeing with you about on this board.


This too shall pass

Seriously tho, you just haven't figured me out...not that either of us care. It just is what it is.

For instance, I haven't paid enuff attention to you or your posts to have an opinion about you one way or the other
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: 4-20

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:If it weren't for drugs, as well as mental ilnesses, there would be no art for starters.

I mean, just imagine a world without Van Gogh, Dali, Michaelangelo or one in which no one ever heard Majical Mystery Tour while tripping on Blotter acid


So if I want to be creative I should start doing more drugs? I think not.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
User avatar
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm
Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Re: 4-20

Unread postby aoxo1 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:51 pm

If you're against partaking in activities that have no constructive purpose and can ruin lives, why the hell are you on a sports talk message board?
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: 4-20

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:33 pm

waborat wrote:
Motherscratcher wrote:"Pot ruins your memery."



& spelling ;-) ;) :wink:


Excuse me. I meant to say "mammary"
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: 4-20

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Rat_Tail wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:If it weren't for drugs, as well as mental ilnesses, there would be no art for starters.

I mean, just imagine a world without Van Gogh, Dali, Michaelangelo or one in which no one ever heard Majical Mystery Tour while tripping on Blotter acid


So if I want to be creative I should start doing more drugs? I think not.


No, I think we are saying that it shouldn't be up to you what anyone else does. It's none of your fucking business.

As for you doing drugs...It couldn't hurt, dude. You need something.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Next

Return to No Holds Barred

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gbot and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: gbot and 1 guest