Text Size

No Holds Barred

Crazy Cop Killing Plot.

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Crazy Cop Killing Plot.

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Authorities say Stone was one of two sons of David Brian Stone, 45, the alleged ringleader of the Christian militia group called Hutaree.

The anti-government militia allegedly plotted to kill law enforcement officers with improvised explosive devices and projectiles before being foiled by FBI raids that started Sunday in three states that netted nine members of an extremist group, federal authorities said today.

Four members of David Stone's family including his wife, Tina Stone, 44, and his two adult sons allegedly conspired with five other members of the fringe Christian militia group to kill a Michigan law enforcement officer and then ambush the officer's colleagues who would have gathered for the funeral, according to court documents.

In June 2009, authorities allege, Stone and his youngest son David Stone Jr. began teaching other Hutaree how to make and use the explosives. They were to have been used against law enforcement officials as they drove in the funeral procession for the first officer they intended to kill as bait.

The first alleged target was not named. Among their plans for the first murder, according to court documents, was to kill the officer at a traffic stop, kill the officer and his or her family at home or make a phony 911 call to lure the officer into a trap.

Based in Lenawee County, Mich., the Hutaree are described by officials as an extremist group. Their Web site says the name means "Christian warrior" and claims it is preparing to defend itself for the impending arrival of the anti-Christ.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/TheLaw/michiga ... d=10228716

Because Jesus wants you to kill cops. These people may be alot of things, but they're sure as hell not Christians.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Crazy Cop Killing Plot.

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:40 pm

Where do I go to gamble that the charges being alleged in the media don't resemble at all the charges that actually get argued in court against these people? I've been to their website (www.hutaree.com) and seen the wacko stuff they believe. Nothing makes me believe that the charges currently being publicized are legit. Killing a cop so they could blow up a funeral? Dubious.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:46 pm

BTW, from the article:
All were indicted by a federal grand jury of seditious conspiracy, attempted use of weapons of mass destruction, teaching the use of explosive materials and possessing a firearm during a crime of violence.

With the possible exception of "teaching the use of explosive materials", how do those allegations fit into the definition of a crime, or, in the case of "possessing a firearm during a crime of violence", even fit with reality? Last time I checked, sedition in the U.S. only applies to military personnel on active duty. "Attempted use of weapons of mass destruction" is so vague as to beggar belief. I hate being an atheist and defending goofballs like this, but I guess we need some actual facts to come out.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:13 pm

The Smith Act (which is bullshit) is still technically a law.

I don't understand the Sedition or WMD charges, but I serioulsy doubt the FBI would go to these legnths if the didn't have an informant, wiretaps, or other serious evidence.

I really want to see how this plays out.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:48 pm

Here's something on the WMD charges: http://www.slate.com/id/2249407/?from=rss
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:58 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:Here's something on the WMD charges: http://www.slate.com/id/2249407/?from=rss

Interesting read. It's a very broad term to say the least. But i'm glad we got these nutjobs off the street before they do hurt someone.

Maybe we should send them to Gitmo? ;-) ;) :wink:
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jb » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:02 pm

jfiling wrote:Where do I go to gamble that the charges being alleged in the media don't resemble at all the charges that actually get argued in court against these people? I've been to their website (http://www.hutaree.com) and seen the wacko stuff they believe. Nothing makes me believe that the charges currently being publicized are legit. Killing a cop so they could blow up a funeral? Dubious.

JD - Didnt get a chance to buzz in, and while I think the facts will show these wingnuts to be who they are, Dennis Green style, somewhere Dreyfuss's last undecomposed cell is fist pumping your take.

You made me think.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Hmm.
A federal judge on Tuesday gutted the government’s case against seven members of a Michigan militia, dismissing the most serious charges in an extraordinary defeat for federal authorities who insisted they had captured homegrown rural extremists poised for war.

U.S. District Judge Victoria Roberts said the members’ expressed hatred of law enforcement didn’t amount to a conspiracy to rebel against the government. The FBI had secretly planted an informant and an FBI agent inside the Hutaree militia starting in 2008 to collect hours of anti-government audio and video that became the cornerstone of the case.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... story.html
jfiling
Old School Writer

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:30 pm

These "Soverign" types are scary ass mother fuckers. It is a very fine line between "yukking" it up and officers dead.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... tizen-kane
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:33 pm

I'm guessing with WMDs involved these guys must have dibs on an oil field somewhere.

Crazy story though.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to No Holds Barred