Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

28 day wait on all WB movies for Netflix and Redbox

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

28 day wait on all WB movies for Netflix and Redbox

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:49 pm

Apparently Netflix and Redbox have signed a deal with Warner Bros. where they have to wait 28 days to release movies on dvd/blu ray to their consumers. I hadn't heard about the agreement until I looked in my Netflix queue for the release date of Sherlock Holmes and was surprised that it wasn't set for tomorrow (3/30).

From what I've read, WB thinks this will increase their dvd's/blu-ray sales, and in return for this agreement it looks like Netflix might gain access to more streaming movies from Warner Bros.

This apparently happened a little while ago, but I hadn't heard anything. Was just wondering what you guys/girls thought?

Here's a link to an article I found on Google.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/188857- ... ing-piracy
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Re: 28 day wait on all WB movies for Netflix and Redbox

Unread postby waborat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:05 pm

Really doesn't matter to me at all...

I wait the 3 months for 98% of the movies anyways...

I can wait 1 more...

Here's an idea for WB and other studios, how bout charging something like the price of a ticket ($10-12) to buy a movie and not $25-30 and maybe you'll move more units? Everyone knows it doesn't cost that much to burn a flick...Hell, most stores are selling them for haf price after a couple of months of being released...

Hell, Swerb probably wishes they'd wait a year or two so he could catch up ;-) ;) :wink:
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:09 pm

I have over 300 movies in my queueueue (however teh hell you spell it). I'll be OK.

More streaming video sounds good should I ever decide to figure out how to do that.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:I have over 300 movies in my queueueue (however teh hell you spell it). I'll be OK.

More streaming video sounds good should I ever decide to figure out how to do that.

You can stream through your PC, the PS3 and now the Wii. If you have a Wii you go to the Netflix site and request a free disc that will install the capability on your game system.

I just signed up for the free trial and requested the disc to install on the Wii having never used Netflix before. Watched a few episodes of 'Dexter' on the computer. Had never seen it, people love it and now I have to figure out when to fit in the rest of the 40 or so episodes because I'm hooked.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby waborat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:37 pm

Peeker643 wrote:I just signed up for the free trial and requested the disc to install on the Wii having never used Netflix before. Watched a few episodes of 'Dexter' on the computer. Had never seen it, people love it and now I have to figure out when to fit in the rest of the 40 or so episodes because I'm hooked.

SPOILER ALERT: Dexter kills people :lmfao:
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:38 pm

waborat wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:I just signed up for the free trial and requested the disc to install on the Wii having never used Netflix before. Watched a few episodes of 'Dexter' on the computer. Had never seen it, people love it and now I have to figure out when to fit in the rest of the 40 or so episodes because I'm hooked.

Christ. That's like telling people what happens at the end of a Lifetime movie about the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby That_Guy™ » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:07 am

SkatingTripods wrote:
waborat wrote:

Christ. That's like telling people what happens at the end of a Lifetime movie about the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.

Or that Ricky Martin is gay..
The first rule of Fight Club is: Don't tell Chuck Norris about Fight Club.
That_Guy™

Favorite Player: Leroy Jenkins
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby municipalmutt » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:10 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Motherscratcher wrote:I have over 300 movies in my queueueue (however teh hell you spell it). I'll be OK.

You can stream through your PC, the PS3 and now the Wii. If you have a Wii you go to the Netflix site and request a free disc that will install the capability on your game system.

I just signed up for the free trial and requested the disc to install on the Wii having never used Netflix before. Watched a few episodes of 'Dexter' on the computer. Had never seen it, people love it and now I have to figure out when to fit in the rest of the 40 or so episodes because I'm hooked.

Also the Xbox 360 if you want to pay the fifty buck annual gold membership fee for xbox live. Ahem. Fuck you Bill Gates.
municipalmutt

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture