Text Size

The Rumble Room

Sunday: UFC on VS. (It's free)

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Sunday: UFC on VS. (It's free)

Unread postby XUDawg » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:11 pm

After the conclusion of the round of 32 Sunday night, tune into VS. to watch a very undermarketed and exciting MMA card, featuring two great bouts in Jon "Bones" Jones v. Brandon Vera and Junior Dos Santos v. Gabriel Gonzaga.

Jones is an athletic freak, tossing in spinning backfists and kicks into a wrestling-focused repertoire that includes suplexes you won't see from anyone else in MMA. His flashy striking might be more for his and the audience's own entertainment than to win fights, as his wrestling is his bread and butter and is next generation superb. And Brandon Vera is a Muay Thai machine that will blow the legs out of anybody willing to stand in front of him. Then he will knock the face off of the unfortunate legless opponent. This has all the potential for a GREAT FIGHT.

Gabriel Gonzaga is a hariy, scary, gorrilaesque MFer with outstanding jiu-jitsu for a heavyweight and sneaky dangerous striking. (He Koed Cro Cop, the Godfather of the head kick, with a head kick. JDS is a young, fearless dude who is running through everyone with his grenades for hands.

The rest of the card is great too, but I don't have the time to hype it. If you're not into MMA, tune in anyway, and I swear you will be long before the last fight of the night ends.
XUDawg

Favorite Player: Nick Diaz
Least Favorite Player: Ben Roethlisberger

Re: Sunday: UFC on VS. (It's free)

Unread postby Doc » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:57 pm

Bones Jones...that boy is dangerous.

Dos Santos looked good as well, and heavyweight got crowded quick. Looking forward to Carwin and Mir next weekend, and for some reason I like Dan Hardy as well. But I'm not sure anyone can beat GSP...he's like a freaking cyborg.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby XUDawg » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:12 pm

Jones was impressive. He basically made Vera submit due to strikes. I'm pretty sure he broke his orbital. Those elbows are dangerous. He would have beaten Hammill last fight had he not gotten too aggressive with his elbows and gone 12-6 on him. (Stupid rule) Hammill was already beaten, and the 12-6 elbows gave him an excuse to quit and get a BS win. But I digress. I hope they keep moving Jones up in competition. He is awesome.

JDS was an animal.

The other two fights were very disappointing. Irwin basically tried to pull a Hammill and earn a DQ due to an eye poke when he basically got caught with a huge, legal left hook to the orbital. Sakarra was surprisingly crisp.

I cannot wait for Saturday. Great card. I agree with your assessment about Hardy. If he can keep the fight standing (unlikely) his length will give GSP problems.
XUDawg

Favorite Player: Nick Diaz
Least Favorite Player: Ben Roethlisberger

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:04 am

Dos Santos did look very good. I just wonder how he would hold up against a full size heavyweight. Dos Santos was about 235 lbs for the fight so there is potential for him to be 30 lbs lighter than his opponent or maybe more if his opponent cut some weight prior to weigh in.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Return to The Rumble Room