Text Size

The 19th Hole

Stark County Amateur Golf Association

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Stark County Amateur Golf Association

Unread postby SCAGA » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:49 pm

Just to let you as many as I can know about us here in Ohio. Our association has been around since 1923. And although I've only been tournament director going on my 3rd year, we're continuing to provide amateur golfers with a place to come and compete. We have 3 flights(AA,A and B) from which to compete in. We have no association fees, just tournament fees for each event. We play some of the best golf courses around. This year we have 5 events with our signature event being the Stark County Amateur. It's a 3 day event on July 23-25 played on three championship courses. Ohio Prestwick CC at 7,000 yards, Seven Hills CC at 7,000 yards at The Sanctuary Golf Club at just over 6,800 yards. We had 108 players for this event last year playing from all over Ohio and we even had 3 players from Switzerland join us last year. Our first event is a two man scramble at Zoar Village GC at the end of April. If there is anyone interested in playing tournament golf you can look us up at www.scaga.com and you can find my phone number to reach me there or send us an on-line registration.
SCAGA

Favorite Player: Tiger Woods
Least Favorite Player: Tiger Woods

Return to The 19th Hole