Text Size

No Holds Barred

If you send money to Haiti or chile

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

If you send money to Haiti or chile

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:33 pm

You are an idiot.

Instead, go to your local ace or true value and buy anything made in America, whether you need it or not, preferably made in Ohio. A Wooster paintbrush. Mango duck tape. Doesn't matter.

Take care of your own. They will always be corrupt and poor.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: If you send money to Haiti or chile

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:52 pm

You might be correct about Haiti being corrupt or poor. Since I know very little about Chile I did a little googling

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 76,00.html

Chile is the 25th least corrupt and depending on who you believe at worst the 58th in GDP per person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... per_capita

Don't let the facts get in the way of your diatribe.

Chile will be ok, the people of Haiti needed help so I sent money.

I'd venture to guess that only the top 1% in Haiti have it better than anyone in the US. But that is just speculation.

Americans help cause that is what they do. Instead you could be buying American and helping others. Besides if you buy American you would have to believe that the big greedy corporation would pump that money back in to the company to help the little guys, but that is very similar to your voodoo economics you love to rail against so it surely don't work. Top down NEVER works, right?. If you want to help an American just hand them $50 is what you should say. Handouts > Trickle down, otherwise you got lots of explaining to do.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:24 pm

Top down works when it is more than about pto qtr by qtr slab n burn.

Your not good enough to paint me in a corner. Not nearly.

Least corrupt rankings. Lol . You do that bracketilogy? Wipe your nose, then OJ's.
I m more American than colbert.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:29 pm

JB wrote:Top down works when it is more than about pto qtr by qtr slab n burn.

Its hard to respond when I have no idea what you are saying. Lay off the Souldawg routine. It is easier to converse when people can understand what you write.

JB wrote:Your not good enough to paint me in a corner. Not nearly.

Consider yourself cornered, you are either dishonest or full of it. Cant have it both ways bro. The only way out is to admit one of your takes are shit.

JB wrote:Least corrupt rankings. Lol . You do that bracketilogy? Wipe your nose, then OJ's.
I m more American than colbert.

Wow, more Souldawg by the minute, ridiculous analogies galore. It's from Time, you far lefters love that mag. Believe it. Shitty take, just admit it.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:32 pm

How about do both if you can.

You're confusing the shit out of me lately JB, one minute you are your brothers keeper, the next minute you are turning a deaf ear to a call for help.

Some day that shit is going to happen to us in NEO, earthquake, tornado etc, you got months of food stocked up, thousands in cash in the house and gasoline at your finger tips....didn't thinks so.

I like your America first attitude but sit Ubu sit.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Besides forget all of that, what did you do that was so great to deserve to live in this country? Military service? if so thanks. Your take is less stupid now. Me? I was lucky, just ended up here by chance. I sure am glad, but I am not arrogant enough to think that I deserve the life of an American and anyone else so lucky can just eff off. I live in America where I can make myself better, where people can come from nothing. The only way you do it in Haiti is by slitting throats and selling drugs OR somehow coming to America

Keep of my brother, shheesssh.
Last edited by Ziner on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Ziner wrote:and before you start to go in to some ridiculous explanation they are the same thing. I am not going in to it but both situations are shifts in the demand curve each for different reasons, but similar results.

Besides forget all of that, what did you do that was so great to deserve to live in this country? Military service? if so thanks. Your take is less stupid now. Me? I was lucky, just ended up here by chance. I sure am glad, but I am not arrogant enough to think that I deserve the life of an American and anyone else so lucky can just eff off. I live in America where I can make myself better, where people can come from nothing. The only way you do it in Haiti is by slitting throats and selling drugs OR somehow coming to America

This is actually a big sticking point I have when talking about the opportunity this country offers compared to so much of the rest of the world.

Not one person on Earth controls where they are born, we are all in the same boat as far as having initial control over the hand we are dealt.

I know JB agrees with me on that.

Not sure where you were going with that Ziner, but just sayin.

FUDU

Unread postby municipalmutt » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:47 pm

Some day that shit is going to happen to us in NEO, earthquake, tornado etc, you got months of food stocked up, thousands in cash in the house and gasoline at your finger tips....didn't thinks so.

Just as long as the gubmint doesn't ship your yankee asses down here to Florida after the tragedy. We're knee deep in Haitians already. I wonder if our wonderful government will allow special immigration status to the Chileans as well? You know things are pretty bad here when the illegal Mexicans are bitching about being displaced by cheap labor.
municipalmutt

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Hey, remember that old Toyota commercial????

"You asked for it, you got it! Toy-ota!"
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby municipalmutt » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:56 pm

The only way you do it in Haiti is by slitting throats and selling drugs OR somehow coming to America

or going to the other side of the same island.
municipalmutt

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:16 pm

This thread is retarded
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:42 pm

FUDU wrote:
Ziner wrote:and before you start to go in to some ridiculous explanation they are the same thing. I am not going in to it but both situations are shifts in the demand curve each for different reasons, but similar results.

This is actually a big sticking point I have when talking about the opportunity this country offers compared to so much of the rest of the world.

Not one person on Earth controls where they are born, we are all in the same boat as far as having initial control over the hand we are dealt.

I know JB agrees with me on that.

Not sure where you were going with that Ziner, but just sayin.

Pretty much exactly where you went with it. What did I do so special to deserve the great things of this country besides be born here? Its because of this I feel like I have a responsibility if I can to help people who were not born with those same advantages. Americans of all walks of life with all sorts of things stacked against them have made it, you can do that in America with hard work. These people in Haiti, if they bust their ass where are they going to get? Being able to buy food instead of stealing food? A small shitty tin shack instead of a cardboard box in the park?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby municipalmutt » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:26 am

I know that texting "Haiti" on your Iphone will make you feel better and that's really the most important thing with most liberals who are holding so much guilt.

Haiti is completely barren due to deforestation, 70 percent of the people are unemployed, and half cannot read or write. It is the Somalia of the Caribbean with warlords and gangs being the only government in most areas. If you really want to help, go there and plant some trees, adopt some kids, and educate the people. Throwing money at this will not fix the problems there since very little of it will get to those that need it the most.

There is truth in the old saying that if you give a man a fish he can eat for a day but teach him how to fish and he can eat for a lifetime.

I speak from experience, since I am a legal resident of Brazil and Brazil faces similar challenges.
municipalmutt

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:23 am

municipalmutt wrote:I know that texting "Haiti" on your Iphone will make you feel better and that's really the most important thing with most liberals who are holding so much guilt.

Haiti is completely barren due to deforestation, 70 percent of the people are unemployed, and half cannot read or write. It is the Somalia of the Caribbean with warlords and gangs being the only government in most areas. If you really want to help, go there and plant some trees, adopt some kids, and educate the people. Throwing money at this will not fix the problems there since very little of it will get to those that need it the most.

There is truth in the old saying that if you give a man a fish he can eat for a day but teach him how to fish and he can eat for a lifetime.

I speak from experience, since I am a legal resident of Brazil and Brazil faces similar challenges.

W/all due respect, there are organizations in Haiti that have earned people's trust and are applying the donations they get directly to the people in their care. STO's main man belongs to one of those organizations. It happens to be a ministry that was set up on the island well before the earthquake.

I'm not a religious dude, but the shit they did and are doing down there in the wake of the quake is inspiring.

It's like anything else: you need to know where your cash is headed. There are a lot of pits for it to fall. But if you look hard enough you can get it where it does the most amount of good.

And that's not just Haiti. It's here, Haiti, Chile and everywhere else. Texting 'Haiti' i the easy, lazy and probably least efficient way of doing anything. But it's so very American, no?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:33 pm

I think it's pretty funny to have some dumbass tell other people they're idiots for how they spend their own money.

Donate to Wooster yet?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:19 pm

I'd rather have a Purdy, then again they are owned by Sherwin Williams so I guess it is a wash...

Just comin' correct.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Purdy paint brushes last longer than black boxes.

As to the point of the thread and what JB said, pfft. If one is going to have an "I'm my brother's keeper" perspective on life then it is rather asinine to suggest spending $50 at the local hardware store on made in the U.S.A. will have a greater impact than sending $20 to help out the likes of Haitians and Chileans (in the grand scheme of things). That $50 you spend at John Madden's hardware (Ace is the place) will hardly make a dent in that guys life, the $20 for victims of such uncontrollable tragedy goes a long long way.

Not saying one should or shouldn't, depends on your own situation but again this requires context.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:59 am

FUDU wrote:Purdy paint brushes last longer than black boxes.

As to the point of the thread and what JB said, pfft. If one is going to have an "I'm my brother's keeper" perspective on life then it is rather asinine to suggest spending $50 at the local hardware store on made in the U.S.A. will have a greater impact than sending $20 to help out the likes of Haitians and Chileans (in the grand scheme of things). That $50 you spend at John Madden's hardware (Ace is the place) will hardly make a dent in that guys life, the $20 for victims of such uncontrollable tragedy goes a long long way.

Not saying one should or shouldn't, depends on your own situation but again this requires context.

If it gets there.

I'm down with the thought that 'texting Haiti' as someone put above, may be a way to pad the pockets of profiteers before anything gets there.

But if you 'buy direct' through an organization you trust and that you know is using nearly every dime of that money to put toward the cause then whomever's telling me how to spend the money I make can blow me.

Check your own tags, labels, beer cartons, liquor bottles, hookahs, driveways, electronics, games and fruit bowls and tell me how much money you put into foreign hands. Then we can talk. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Yes, buy Purdy. I agree. Lots of them. Buy them and send them to Chile and Haiti. Wonderful idea.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
FUDU wrote:Purdy paint brushes last longer than black boxes.

If it gets there.

I'm down with the thought that 'texting Haiti' as someone put above, may be a way to pad the pockets of profiteers before anything gets there.

But if you 'buy direct' through an organization you trust and that you know is using nearly every dime of that money to put toward the cause then whomever's telling me how to spend the money I make can blow me.

Check your own tags, labels, beer cartons, liquor bottles, hookahs, driveways, electronics, games and fruit bowls and tell me how much money you put into foreign hands. Then we can talk. ;-) ;) :wink:

The point is the hardware store owner profits what $5-10 tops, it allows him to reorder a paint brush or two. The $20 for the earthquake victims keeps them alive for 3 more days or a month. The impact of the money relative to the lives of each example is 180 degrees apart.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:02 pm

FUDU wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:If it gets there.

The point is the hardware store owner profits what $5-10 tops, it allows him to reorder a paint brush or two. The $20 for the earthquake victims keeps them alive for 3 more days or a month. The impact of the money relative to the lives of each example is 180 degrees apart.

We agree Donny. Think JB will be ok if when I need shit from a hardware store I buy American product at the mom & pop hardware store just down the road from Walmart and DIY? And if there's an earthquake in Haiti or anywhere else and I want to send a few bucks through someone I trust rather than downloading a couple more album's worth of music to the iPod is he okay with me doing that too?

New rubber bracelet dea- WWJBD

:nanner: :lmfao:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:11 pm

This would deserves its own thread for a complete discussion but another point is the buying made in U.S.A. v buying made in China stuff gets blown way out of proportion many times (not all the time).

Just b/c something is made in China doesn't mean when you purchase it that you are NOT supporting Americans. Somebody has to unload it off the boat/plane, reload it onto something else, unload it again, reload it again at UPS/FedEx, drive it to the market place, unload it off the truck, put it in the corner, unpack it, count to make sure it is all there (per packing list), make a claim for that which isn't there, stock what it there on the shelves, dispose of the left over cardboard into the proper recycle bin, bail up that cardboard, load it onto the cardboard recycling truck, etc etc etc.

I think you get my point.

FUDU

Unread postby municipalmutt » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:25 pm

FUDU wrote:This would deserves its own thread for a complete discussion but another point is the buying made in U.S.A. v buying made in China stuff gets blown way out of proportion many times (not all the time).

Just b/c something is made in China doesn't mean when you purchase it that you are NOT supporting Americans. Somebody has to unload it off the boat/plane, reload it onto something else, unload it again, reload it again at UPS/FedEx, drive it to the market place, unload it off the truck, put it in the corner, unpack it, count to make sure it is all there (per packing list), make a claim for that which isn't there, stock what it there on the shelves, dispose of the left over cardboard into the proper recycle bin, bail up that cardboard, load it onto the cardboard recycling truck, etc etc etc.

I think you get my point.

So add material handler to chicken and potato chip vendors and that replaces all the engineers, foremen, and factory workers we lost from manufacturing here. Woo fucking hooo.
municipalmutt

Return to No Holds Barred