Text Size

No Holds Barred

NBC

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

NBC

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:01 pm

:fu: NBC for making me watch tape-delayed sports in my own fucking time-zone!!!

Now I know the results before I can watch, assholes.

/Seriously, after the Olympics, I'm not watching NBC ever again...I'm that pissed.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: NBC

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:59 pm

ESPN needs to get the games, they are the kings at oversaturation
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:28 am

Nahhh. let's give 'em to Fox. make up negative facts and stories about non-Americans and blame Obama for ruining the USOC when our athletes don't win. Bring back Rush as a sports commentator.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm

I bet more people would watch that...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Orenthal wrote:I bet more people would watch that...

35% of the country that cares about sports. ;-)
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:38 pm

NBC's coverage of sports has been in major decline ever since they lost the major three in NFL, NBA and MLB. Which sounds like an extremely obvious statement to make, when you read it aloud.

It's been a damn shame too, because as a revisionist, their coverage of the NFL both past and present was pretty damn good, and the NBA? ABC/ESPN can't even touch it, sorry, I mean, the Hubie Brown/Tirico crew is great! don't get me wrong, along with Mark Jackson, probably amongst the best the network has, but again, You watch those old intros and games on youtube, and NBC just seemed to make a game seem larger than life. Sort of hard to even come close to how Musburger (with CBS) and Costas/Backbiter Marv used to do things, while you have Van Gundy and Breen yucking it up over how Mo Williams likes a Phil Collins song DURING A PLAYOFF GAME.

The management has really screwed things up though, I mean, didn't they not even have a website until, what..2005 if I'm not mistaken? and shifting your attention towards sports like Tennis, and Golf who only really cater towards a specific higher class audience isn't really helping things. And sticking with Notre Dame instead of say, trying to go after a Big fish in the Big Ten Conference or the SEC/PAC 10/Big XII just proves how out of touch they are.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:09 am

Sorry SSS, but the NBA on NBC couldn't hold a candle to the Assoc. on CBS in the mid to late 80's, once they got past tape delaying games.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby stonepm » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:37 am

Ziner wrote:ESPN needs to get the games, they are the kings at oversaturation

It would be interesting to see how they come up with a way to somehow tie Brett Favre to the Olympics...
Anything is possible in the life of a man if he lives long enough. Even adulthood.--Howell Raines
stonepm

Favorite Player: nobody right now
Least Favorite Player: karma

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:50 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:Sorry SSS, but the NBA on NBC couldn't hold a candle to the Assoc. on CBS in the mid to late 80's, once they got past tape delaying games.

Didn't say that CBS was bad. ;). Again, very hard from me to say from the place that I am in right now, but I mean, they had Musburger doing the freaking finals. How much more awesome could that be? Plus Hubie Brown/Stockton crew calling the Cavs/Bulls games on youtube I saw was very good.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Guest » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:46 pm

These are the highest-rated Olympics ever.

You're watching now and you'll continue watching NBC.

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:10 pm

GodHatesClevelandSports wrote:These are the highest-rated Olympics ever.

You sure? I thought I read they are still expecting to lose 75 million on these games
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:43 am

I wish NBC had more football games. Faith Hill always gets me pumped.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby Stu » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:34 am

Ziner wrote:

You sure? I thought I read they are still expecting to lose 75 million on these games

highest rated olympics means great ratings to pimp their future shows. 75 million is nothing to NBC (assuming that number is accurate).

its just like Fox and CBS saying every year that they lose money carrying the NFL. well they might, but they keep doing it year after year because of the publicity for their other programs.

the exact definition of a loss leader.
Stu

Favorite Player: Eric Wedge
Least Favorite Player: Swerb

Unread postby Lubber » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:00 pm

Ziner wrote:

Just because they are losing money does not mean nobody is watching.

Actually, they will lose closer to $250 million

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/content_display/news/national-broadcast/e3i57da5f249d19e7dc3ca979b2a5dfb6c4
Lubber

Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Unread postby bookelly » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:41 am

Yes I'm watching. I love the Olympics. My point of the thread is that I go to si.com or whatever to see if Z is released, or Shaq is hurt, and I get the results before I get a chance to watch the events. Considering I'm in the same timezone as the games...that is pure bullshit. They should be live. Period.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:37 pm

pre-emptivly cutting from the closing ceremonies to broadcast some lame ass new seinfeld project.

..the hell?

a show the caused Conan to get his show cancelled now won't allow me to watch Rush probably close the ceremony and hold a huge party for the canucks.

I'd be more sympathetic if this was say, a football game or something, but for this lame crap? Just goes to show you how out of touch NBC is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJAn3cTMXW8

Can you say "Heidi Bowl"?

Triple-S

Unread postby waborat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:46 am

Triple-S wrote:pre-emptivly cutting from the closing ceremonies to broadcast some lame ass new seinfeld project.

..the hell?

a show the caused Conan to get his show cancelled now won't allow me to watch Rush probably close the ceremony and hold a huge party for the canucks.

I'd be more sympathetic if this was say, a football game or something, but for this lame crap? Just goes to show you how out of touch NBC is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJAn3cTMXW8

Can you say "Heidi Bowl"?

Not sure what your bitchin' aboot Trips?

NBC showed the ceremony in it's entirety (just an hour later, as usual)...

They knew Seinfeld would keep more viewers than Nickelback, Avril & Alanis...Also, they knew we couldn't stomach, yet another interview with Lindsey winning gold with all of her bruises and then having to fly out immediately to be on the Leno Show...

Not sure where you heard that Rush was even going to be playing in it? They announced the entire band list on Saturday...sorry, hearing "Limelight" was never on the bill
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:42 am

Who is Bob Costas going to talk down to for the next several weeks?

What a condescending prick that jerk-off was wire to wire.

And, this just in, you aren't close to funny, Bobbo.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby waborat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 am

Lead Pipe wrote:Who is Bob Costas going to talk down to for the next several weeks?

What a condescending prick that jerk-off was wire to wire.

And, this just in, you aren't close to funny, Bobbo.

"I threw a Nerf football once"
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 am

waborat wrote:Not sure what your bitchin' aboot Trips?

NBC showed the ceremony in it's entirety (just an hour later, as usual)...

They knew Seinfeld would keep more viewers than Nickelback, Avril & Alanis...Also, they knew we couldn't stomach, yet another interview with Lindsey winning gold with all of her bruises and then having to fly out immediately to be on the Leno Show...

Not sure where you heard that Rush was even going to be playing in it? They announced the entire band list on Saturday...sorry, hearing "Limelight" was never on the bill

Was posted before I realized how terrible the rest of the show thanks in part to some canuck bloggers.

It was on the CBC website as a rumored guest to play at the ceremonies. I thought it would have made perfect sense to end it with them auctually, eh, at least they let us hear Neil Young?

Also, Nickleback is terrible, but I think we all know that.

Triple-S

Return to No Holds Barred