Text Size

No Holds Barred

Black History Month/Day/MLK DAY

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Black History Month/Day/MLK DAY

Unread postby GameTimeAllTheTime » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:43 am

Thoughts?:

Last edited by GameTimeAllTheTime on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If we take Clark with our 2nd round pick as SD suggests, I will tie my penis in a knot." -------- Ziner on drafting Daryll Clark
GameTimeAllTheTime

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: Chublie Weis

Re: Black History Month/Day/MLK DAY

Unread postby pup » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:41 am

Countdown to RatTail applause in 3...2...1....
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby GameTimeAllTheTime » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:17 pm

How about not trolling and think of a legit response. Fuck Rat_Tail this isn't about him or racism. Black History Month itself is stupid b/c it marginalizes black history and segregates it from American History.
"If we take Clark with our 2nd round pick as SD suggests, I will tie my penis in a knot." -------- Ziner on drafting Daryll Clark
GameTimeAllTheTime

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: Chublie Weis

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:40 pm

I agree with Freeman to the point I want to go over and smack Mike Wallace silly. Wallace should have said, "good point," when Morgan cornered him intellectually. Although maybe Wallace being a pretty damn good journalist/interviewer knew exactly what he was doing. It is absurd to think you should isolate one month for what is American History...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:04 pm

Let's not forget that this Game fuck is the same kid who backed Rat Tail vigorously.

TCF: Where A New Racist Exposes Himself Daily!

Can we also have a Presidents Day thread that talks about how Presidents Day marginalizes POTUS'? And Can we please also have a thread on "You Were Are Slave Bitches For Years, You Also Be Stupid, So Eat My Dick You Don't Deserve A Month And You Cannot Play QB!" How about MLK day, is that okay? Christmas also marginalizes that shit out of the Geezes fuck.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:09 pm

Orenthal wrote:I agree with Freeman to the point I want to go over and smack Mike Wallace silly. Wallace should have said, "good point," when Morgan cornered him intellectually. Although maybe Wallace being a pretty damn good journalist/interviewer knew exactly what he was doing. It is absurd to think you should isolate one month for what is American History...

Not true at all.

Black History Month is an appreciation for a people that have had to fight from behind for everything in this country. Freeman's point holds when it comes to things like affirmative action and what not, because today, outside of certain regions, racism is far less of a preventive wall in its own right. That said our society is still feeling the after affects of hundreds of years of persecution and judgment. White flight, urban decay, bad schools, etc.... This is all left over from a time that was beyond horrible and then was replaced w/ a slightly less horrible version of itself. African Americans deserve a month where their history is learned and people celebrated. No, there is no "White History Month" but there was White History Centuries.

The entire reality of Freeman's point will hold true when racism dies, we provide enough opportunities for people to help themselves out of the problems developed by prior social constraints (read: good schools) and it really is a unified America. We are close, but not there yet. Just look at the damned Obama election.

No go get your Klan mask on Game, Donovan McNabb is getting some legit HoF talk.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby pup » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:48 pm

You forgot Easter. Let's get rid of that shit too. Poor bunnies are being marginalized.

St, Patrick's Day? Poor Irish can never get over that hump because of it.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:11 pm

African Americans deserve a month where their history is learned and people celebrated. No, there is no "White History Month" but there was White History Centuries.

Why do they deserve a month to have their history learned above that of other races?

Because they were oppressed? Well shit, the Jews should probably get a month or two also.
You think that makes up for slavery and segregation? You think that's any more than a token gesture by the US Goverment, that no one really gives a shit about?

Just look at the damned Obama election.

The one where a Black man won the office of POTUS?

Racism will never die, no matter how many black history months you have, no matter how much Affirmantive Action you have. Some people will always hate those that are different.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jfiling » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:17 pm

jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:20 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Racism will never die, no matter how many black history months you have, no matter how much Affirmantive Action you have. Some people will always hate those that are different.

Agree. In making a single month, Black History month, by default the rest aren't. It is a complete joke that there has to be a Black History Month. Like that will make up for slavery, or that people today even connect the two unless they are bludgeoned to death by things such as Black History Month.

The end of racism is indifference race. Continue stuff like this and it will never happen. Cleatus will always be racist, just as Buddy from the Triv show will always be racist.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:32 pm

The Jew point I concede, openly.

The fact that there should theoretically not be "Black History Month" I agree w/ as well.

The fact that people who are held back and were repressed because of race have accomplished great things is another matter altogether. I grew up in white town bread basket USA. First Jewish person I met was a girl I banged in college and asked why her nose was so big. My high school had one black kid and I didn't know an Asian till college. This is how our society has structured many many of the communities out there.

Our country has varying degrees of shared understanding. Something like Black History Month at least lets young people in the bread basket, crap hole Mass, the south, etc be exposed to reality. At the same time it stands as a reminder of our current social constraints and the fact that we need to move beyond gov't intervention to solve them and take ownership and responsibility on our own.

Beyond that it gives people that may think there is no way out and/or no way up some semblence of pride and pride can serve as a great motivator. And when it comes to our social constraints motivation and assets are the two biggest things that need to be changed.

In an ideal world Black History Month would serve no purpose, but it does. It will for awhile. It should. Take affirmative action back, don't take force feeding history that most people try and/or want to ignore away.

*at least until the Hispanics take over North America and the Chinese the World <- sarcasm
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:38 pm

^
Makes sense. I don't think the majority of people are that isolated from other races, especially with the continuous explosion of media and connectivity. Maybe it isn't time to be draconian and say it must all be ended today, but I think the gradual move to removing these types of things is at hand.

The nose comment is 100% eye, good to see that isn't an internet phenomenon.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:46 pm

Orenthal wrote:^
Makes sense. I don't think the majority of people are that isolated from other races, especially with the continuous explosion of media and connectivity. Maybe it isn't time to be draconian and say it must all be ended today, but I think the gradual move to removing these types of things is at hand.

The nose comment is 100% eye, good to see that isn't an internet phenomenon.

In my experience, honestly the world isn't that small, but more often the not communities/circles still are. I mean, my social circle is a liberals wet dream, I thrive in diversity and I am glad I learned who in the fuck Harriet Tubman was once upon a February, but this circle doesn't evolve more often than not <- eat those negatives. I honestly hope for the day when fluidity exist and Rat Fuck And GAMEKKKER don't even start threads like this.

This is a stupid horrible thread. What Freeman said was a great hope, IMO. I just don't think we are there yet and I think GAMEKKKER just wanted to collect masses to help burn his next cross.

^ there may be some sarcasm in there
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:11 pm

I just reject the notion that any white American living today should be apologizing for slavery. I don't feel guilty for it, I don't apologize for it. What happened cannot be undone, but I had no hand in it. Slavery didn't start or end in the US.

Something like Black History Month at least lets young people in the bread basket, crap hole Mass, the south, etc be exposed to reality.

But why should that reality be seperated from what the Native Americans went through or the Chinese? You can teach kids about Harriet Tubman and Fredrick Douglas, just do it as part of the regular history classes, no need for a special month to focus on this group or that group.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:43 pm

And if you want to reform US history, be my guest.

I gave the Jew point, I'll also secede the everyone else points. That said, which of those races did the US have a direct role in slaughtering (beyond the Native American's, who at this point we pay off w/ millions of gambling bones)?

Again, in an ideal world it wouldn't need to be a one month education experience, but take a look at a US History course.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:44 pm

I agree in general that it is rather silly to single out one month to celebrate black history, but it is far from some sort of crime. Let's face it this country has a not so distant history in which blacks were treated like animals and treated rather despicably (both including slavery and afterward).

To be honest I am sick of "anything & everything" month. I'm sick of celebrating MLK day, I'm sick of celebrating the day John Lennon died, I'm sick of Columbus Day, you can stick Cinco de Mayo up your ass and basically any day of remembrance (with exception to days celebrating our nation's independence and those that fought for it).

Every freakin year with these days, makes life feel like Groundhog Day.

The months of December, January and February can go to hell as well, we get it with the snow already, 19" in the last 36 hours 6-10 more by Monday AM?). Fuck.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:46 pm

And we shouldn't apologize, but racism and slavery have caused a very real social divide in terms of opportunities and education. A lot of the problem are on the families, etc, etc, I get that. But we are yet to develop a promotional welfare system, a real education system for all people, and equal opportunity. If you will and all. Accomplishing all of those things may be a dream, but until that dream is realized things like "Black History Month" have a place.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:46 pm

CDT nobody is asking you to apologize for slavery by labeling Feb. as black history month.

Nobody is saying you have to "celebrate" it anyway.

FUDU

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I just reject the notion that any white American living today should be apologizing for slavery. I don't feel guilty for it, I don't apologize for it. What happened cannot be undone, but I had no hand in it. Slavery didn't start or end in the US.

My ancestors were over in europe when all this stuff was going down, didn't come over until 1880's when they were poor as hell and had no hand in profiting off of slavery nor owning any slaves at all. I would imagine a good majority of the country has a similiar story.

don't get me wrong, I feel bad slavery occured and how it went against the ideals of the constitution, but don't see how I and a lot of other americans whose ancestors were poor european peasents working on some sort of farm, should be blamed for it.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:03 pm

SS how are you being blamed for it, and who is doing that finger pointing?

FUDU

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:04 pm

FUDU wrote:SS how are you being blamed for it, and who is doing that finger pointing?

eh, just was making a general statement, wasn't really directed at anyone in particular. I should probably shut up and leave this thread before things get nasty.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:10 pm

So, SSS, in 1960 were your ancestors given access to jobs and basic things like, you know, public restrooms?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:13 pm

FUDU wrote:CDT nobody is asking you to apologize for slavery by labeling Feb. as black history month.

Sure they are. It's a goverment endorsed national apology for slavery. If there was no slavery, no Jim Crow, there woulnd't be a Black History Month.

Black history is no more or less important than that of any other race.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:14 pm

::doh::

You're over thinking this thing, looking for something to get peeved about, nothing more.

Now when talk of reparations come about, I'm with you in saying WTF, but otherwise, it's February 27th, couple days and the month is over, you'll be fine.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:CDT nobody is asking you to apologize for slavery by labeling Feb. as black history month.

Sure they are. It's a goverment endorsed national apology for slavery. If there was no slavery, no Jim Crow, there woulnd't be a Black History Month.

Yeah, slavery is the only way blacks have been repressed in tUSoA beyond the standard repression of, say, the Irish.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:22 pm

FUDU wrote:::doh::

You're over thinking this thing, looking for something to get peeved about, nothing more.

Now when talk of reparations come about, I'm with you in saying WTF, but otherwise, it's February 27th, couple days and the month is over, you'll be fine.

I'm not peeved.

Just pointing out the hypocritical nature of giving one race a month to celebrate it's history above that of other races. That's all.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

I'm not peeved.

Just pointing out the hypocritical nature of giving one race a month to celebrate it's history above that of other races. That's all.

Bullshit. You're trying to catch me because it would amuse you to no end.

Homeboy knows exactly what you are doing. Stirring shit and hoping.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:36 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Yeah, slavery is the only way blacks have been repressed in tUSoA beyond the standard repression of, say, the Irish.

I didn't say it was the only way. That's why I included Jim Crow in my statement. Segregation was bad, forcing anyone to live as second class is bad. Ok? The Irish were treated like shit, no doubt, it wasn't nothing compared to what Blacks went through. They should get a Irish History week.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:40 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

I'm not peeved.

Bullshit. You're trying to catch me because it would amuse you to no end.

Homeboy knows exactly what you are doing. Stirring shit and hoping.

You ammuse me all the time e0y (that's not ment to be disrespect, you just make laugh)

I guess having a contrary opinion to that of yours is "stirring and hoping", eh?

Here I am just voicing my opinion and suddenly i'm "peeved" and baiting.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Slavery, Jim Crow, and running racism = one month

30 years of shit = one week

I love math
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:42 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Naw, I don't think you are peeved at all.

I think you laugh as hard as I do at this shit and you are trying to push it and laugh more.

I mean, otherwise you would have countered the four answers I had upthread to you that were ignored.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:42 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Slavery, Jim Crow, and running racism = one month

30 years of shit = one week

I love math

Never claimed I was good at math.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:44 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Naw, I don't think you are peeved at all.

I think you laugh as hard as I do at this shit and you are trying to push it and laugh more.

I mean, otherwise you would have countered the four answers I had upthread to you that were ignored.

Which four? This thread has been moving at a fairly fast pace and i'm posting from my Blackberry.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:50 pm

Feh, when you go home read and respond, not worth my time.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:54 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Feh, when you go home read and respond, not worth my time.

I know your time is valuable.

Be happy your not stuck at the mall following your wife around while she tries to find the perfect birthday gift for her mother.

I suggested a gift card and got kicked in the shin.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Return to No Holds Barred