Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Frank Duffy wrote:But, the trade is only ultimately as good as Ferry's judgment. Tawn has to be as good as advertised. He's shown some flashes, but I'm still watching, hoping to be pleasantly surprised.


You're replacing a "starting" PF in Hickson at 7.4 ppg / 4.4 rpg with Jamison who's averaging 20 ppg /8.8 rpg. Ferry has already won that. Despite his poor first game w/ this team, Jamison is still ave 13/7. Plus he's going to give you 30+ minutes off the bench to JJ's >20 and give you experience at the tail end of games. Jamison has found his place with this team and is working well w/LBJ. Look how well the teams spacing is w/ AJ out there. I don't see the need to HOPE on being surprised.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:27 pm

^^^ Agreed. 3 or 4 times I saw Twan just slip through screens and move off the ball to open spots around the hoop for easy jumpers and a layup yesterday. High basketball IQ. Trade is already a slam dunk.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:32 pm

No doubt, Larvell. That's undeniable, and I really don't mean to be a downer here, but the ultimate goal is a title this year.

The question isn't whether Tawn is better than JJ, it's whether he's good enough to put them over the top. Can he score important baskets in the 4th quarter vs. Gasol and Odom, or Perkins and Garnett, or Howard and Bass? And can he shut down those guys.

In short, he's better than JJ, but is he truly a difference maker, not just "another piece" on a championship team? When we played the Wiz, Arenas scared me in the crunch, Tawn played well, but didn't seem to carry them to wins. We've come close the last few years, but I still think we need one more real quality guy, not just another piece. I hope he's the one.
Frank Duffy
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:47 am
Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Hargrove

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:50 pm

I feel Jamison's presence on the floor makes the team better. He spreads the defense as they won't be able to double up on Shaq down low or LBJ. The other team will be forced to account for Jamison at all times. He'll have open looks/easy layups when defenses collapse on Shaq/LBJ. While JJ benefited from this w/ dunks/layins, Jamison can set up on the wings and hit the 15ft+ jumper that JJ would NEVER take w/o looking like he just got the hot potato.

While not a great defender, he does have enough experience and b-ball IQ that he'll know where he needs to be defensively after a few more full practices. He won't get lost as much as JJ and rely on his athleticism to make up for his brain lapse.

Back OT
looks like it may come down to the wire.
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/02/23/i...s=iref:nbahpt2
Big Z on verge of buying freedom, but it'll cost a lot
By David Aldridge, TNT analyst
Posted Feb 23 2010 5:51PM

While everyone expects the Washington Wizards to complete a buyout of center Zydrunas Ilgauskas in the next 48 hours, allowing him to re-sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers in time to be eligible for their postseason roster, Ilgauskas will likely have to leave more on the table in exchange for his freedom than he had hoped.

A league source indicated Tuesday that the Wizards want savings far in excess of the approximately $590,000 "trade kicker" Ilgauskas is due after being traded last week from Cleveland to Washington as part of a three-team deal that sent Antawn Jamison to the Cavaliers. While no specific dollar amounts have been disclosed, the source indicated Washington was going to be firm in holding out for the most money possible -- likely $1 million or more -- from Ilgauskas.

The Wizards no longer are under the pressure of having to work out a buyout with Ilgauskas in order to get under the $69.9 million luxury tax threshhold. Washington got under by trading forward Dominic McGuire to Sacramento last Thursday for a second-round pick.

By contrast, Ilgauskas is under the gun to get something done by next Monday, March 1. Players that are on a team's roster on March 1 are not eligible to be on any other team's postseason roster, meaning if Ilgauskas is still a Wizard he would not be able to play for Cleveland in the playoffs, although he could re-sign with the Cavs for the rest of the regular season. Once Ilgauskas is a free agent he can sign with any team and be eligible for the playoffs.

Ilgauskas's agent, Herb Rudoy, said via text Tuesday that the two sides were "still working" on the buyout.

"Z has not made a decision, but I expect him to do so by the weekend," Rudoy said in the text. Asked if he would speak with other teams besides Cleveland if the Wizards and/or the league gave him permission, Rudoy texted, "Yes I can and I will."

A handful of contending teams, including Dallas, Denver and Atlanta, have interest in the 34-year-old Ilgauskas, and each would be willing to pay him the pro-rated amount on the $1.306 million minimum for a veteran with 10 or more years' experience. (With approximately one-fourth of the regular season remaining, that would work out to roughly $326,500 for the rest of the regular season.)

A league source says the Mavericks have made inquiries about Ilgauskas' availability. But most around the NBA expect that Ilgauskas will return to the team that drafted him in the first round in 1997 and has stuck by him through a series of injuries to, and surgeries on, his feet.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:53 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
JCoz wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:I laugh because this "Twitter" report from the LA Times reporter, based on un named sources, caught so much life. The guy didn't even mention it in Mondays LA Times, yet other outlets take it and run w/ it without verifying that it was true. Windhorst even said (Sun night/Mon morn) that if the NBA even remotely thought that there was a deal in place, this trade would have been voided, just like the Stackhouse debacle when he opened his yap.

Everything I saw on other sports outlets cited the reporters "tweet" as the source of this information. Did anyone consider calling the NBA offices to confirm that this was indeed accurate rather than announce it on the radio as definite?

Lazy reporting


This is a great example of how fast rumors can spread and how many outlets will run with it.

The radio reports I was refering to were on ESPN radio (in washington DC), and gave no credit to the source of the report.

My point was that it was crazy for Peek to be penciling in this report and how it spread as Cleveland Fan Paranioa because this was being reported by ESPN radio all over the country. It wasn't cleveland paranioa it was a major mistep by the LA times and many, many other news outlets that were reporting it as factual NBA news.



And yet if everyone would have actually stopped and given an iota of thought to it instead of just running with the report, nobody, such as yourself, would have been panicking. Whose more foolish; the fool or the fool that follows him?


This whole thing must be a HUGE case of things not coming through clearly on message boards.

First off rebel, try reading my posts. I am not panicing, I am criticising Peek for laying into anyone who read follow ups refuting the "rumor" that was reported on the radio all day.

That's not panicing about Z coming back, in fact it's an entirely different topic.

I rode in to work as per usual, I hear the normal sports scores and news, included was that snipet about the league having evidence that there was a prearranged deal so they will block Z from returning to the Cavs.

So apparently I'm ignorant for not immediately knowing that it was a false report, because I should have KNOWN that there was no way possible for something to have been found saying we arranged Z coming back?

Right.......Yah Peek, how fucking ignorant.

This is a first for me: Peek, take off your TCE glasses for a minute and pretend that this had nothing to do with Cleveland, or Z. Then maybe, just maybe you'll start to comprehend what I'm telling you. There was no reason to doubt, at that minute, that ESPN was falsely reporting on the issue. You must be one paranoid motherfucker if your immediate thought is to refute anything you hear on the 20 minute sports update. Lots of conspiracy and lies going on there, let me tell you what...... :bunny:

Off the top of my head I can't think of another instance where I heard a report in that manner (not prefaced by "rumored" and part of the 20 min sports update) and which was later found to be a complete and total 100% fabrication. Don't get me wrong, lots of stuff reported ends up not being true, but those reports are presented in another fashion entirely. Key words in those reports are Allegedly or Rumored.

My first thought was that I wondered how they screwed it up....it's funny to me how people keep mentioning Stackhouse...he was a moron and let it slip in an interview before the trade, making it easy for the NBA to have proof and block the trade. Why ANYONE would relate that and this scenario is beyond me, because if Stackhouse had shut the fuck up, no one would have been the wiser.

I read people stating that if the league had evidence it would have blocked the trade to begin with.........right......as if evidence, IF it is going to appear or be discovered, always does so at the same time....which apparently is always BEFORE NBA trades.

Peek, you've got your head in your ass on this one. Clearly the rumor was both bogus AND fasley reported as news.

Like it would have been that out of this world? Everyone in the world assumed he would be back in 30, it really isn't that inconcievable that someone slipped or that the Cavs had in fact prearranged the deal. It's perfectly realistic actually. If there was one more thing you could have taken away from the Stackhouse mess it was that teams obviously have had pre arranged deals in the past.

I would expect that less than .5% of people who heard that report nationwide doubted that it was a real news story.
Last edited by JCoz on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby daddywags » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:01 pm

Gradysmanldy wrote:^^^ Agreed. 3 or 4 times I saw Twan just slip through screens and move off the ball to open spots around the hoop for easy jumpers and a layup yesterday. High basketball IQ. Trade is already a slam dunk.


Yeah, I think LeBron and Jamison are going to love playing together. Last night on one play LeBron went into the middle of the lane and turned; with two guys coming toward him it was going to be an ugly shot at best but Jamison slipped behind his man and LeBron got him the ball for a layup. Tough pass, tough catch, but two guys who both know how to play the game. As for difference-makers, I think when the dust settles it will help to have Jamison on the floor (probably along with Mo) when LBJ gets his 6-8 minutes rest. If/when Z comes back, add him to that mix and we might actually be able to score points effectively with LeBron on the bench (for short stretches). When the playoffs roll around, I think the biggest difference this year from last is going to be Shaq.
daddywags
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:22 pm

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:11 pm

JCoz wrote:
My first thought was that I wondered how they screwed it up....it's funny to me how people keep mentioning Stackhouse...he was a moron and let it slip in an interview before the trade, making it easy for the NBA to have proof and block the trade. Why ANYONE would relate that and this scenario is beyond me, because if Stackhouse had shut the fuck up, no one would have been the wiser.


People have been refrerencing the Stackhouse situation because it was that scenario that Windhorst cited when he was dismissing the LA Times rumor.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
JCoz wrote:
My first thought was that I wondered how they screwed it up....it's funny to me how people keep mentioning Stackhouse...he was a moron and let it slip in an interview before the trade, making it easy for the NBA to have proof and block the trade. Why ANYONE would relate that and this scenario is beyond me, because if Stackhouse had shut the fuck up, no one would have been the wiser.


People have been refrerencing the Stackhouse situation because it was that scenario that Windhorst cited when he was dismissing the LA Times rumor.


When I say people that would include Windy. Just because it comes from him doesn't make thr assumption that evidence always arrives before NBA trades any more reasonable.

The Stackhouse situation is what it is. Stackhouse leaked information that nixed the trade. He happened to do so before the trade was final. If he had done so after the trade was final then maybe there would be something to compare with.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:34 pm

^^
I'm not saying that Windhorst was absolutely correct on it. I just stated why it has been brought up in regards to the NBA blocking his return to Cleveland rumor.

It is relevant because it was found out an agreement had been put in place for Stackhouse to demand a buyout and return. If the NBA finds out that an agreement was made as part of the Z trade, than the NBA has every right to not allow him back to Cleveland because it was found out they worked out an agreement before hand. They may not be able to void the trade now but they can penalize the Cavaliers for any pre arranged agreement. (not allow Z to return, some fine)

The whole LA Times rumor came to light after Phil and Doc complained about it to the press despite the fact that they've done the same thing in years past. Doc even said as much, joking that yes he did but doesn't like the rule now. I'm sure Phil used the media to question it and put something out there. He's got every right to, to try and give his team whatever advantage they can get. He knows that IF Z returns and IF the Cavs/Lakers meet up in the Finals, he'll have to deal with the Cavs size, which he's not used to.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2566
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:38 pm

JCoz wrote:
I rode in to work as per usual, I hear the normal sports scores and news included was that snipet about the league having evidence that there was a prearranged deal so they will block Z from returning to the Cavs.



Question- Anyone else hear the 'snipet' about the LEAGUE HAVING EVIDENCE that there was a prearranged deal? Or did others hear and read the same thing that was discussed here, that the LA Times was citing UNNAMED SOURCES that stated the league would not allow Z to return to the Cavs?

There's a huge difference JCoz. Huge difference.

The whole basis of this annoyance?

HOLD THAT HOMECOMING. Source says NBA has told other teams it won't let Z go back to Cavs. May be woofing with no rule against it, maybe not

1:22 PM Feb 21st via web
MHeislerLATimes
Mark Heisler


"Source says" followed by a "May be woofing with no rule against it, maybe not."

I'm not getting into more of a pissing contest with you over this and I'm not backing off what I said earlier. Bottom line is there was apparently never anything there and that's what I said. And I think it's ridiculous to get bent about unsubstantiated rumors, especially those that began with an anonymous source citing an anonymous NBA source. And add to that there wasn't a single mention of evidence of anything.

I won't question your assertion that that's what you heard. Not publicly anyway.

'News is news' is what you wrote. I agree.

Rumors ain't news, the report that launched all of this is crap with not a sngle part of it attributable to anyone and yet I'm the one with my head up my ass for calling attention to that fact.

Alrighty then boss. :thumb up:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22625
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:51 pm

Frank Duffy wrote:No doubt, Larvell. That's undeniable, and I really don't mean to be a downer here, but the ultimate goal is a title this year.

The question isn't whether Tawn is better than JJ, it's whether he's good enough to put them over the top. Can he score important baskets in the 4th quarter vs. Gasol and Odom, or Perkins and Garnett, or Howard and Bass? And can he shut down those guys.

In short, he's better than JJ, but is he truly a difference maker, not just "another piece" on a championship team? When we played the Wiz, Arenas scared me in the crunch, Tawn played well, but didn't seem to carry them to wins. We've come close the last few years, but I still think we need one more real quality guy, not just another piece. I hope he's the one.


Um, what? What Cavs-Wizards series were you watching Frank? Jamison played GREAT basketball in the 3 consecutive series against the Cavs. Here's the breakdown:

2005-2006: 19/7/3
2006-2007: 32/10/1
2007-2008: 17/12/1

Granted, '07 was a sweep but he was the only cat who cared to show up that entire series. His scoring was down the other years because of the shot distribution between him, Butler, and Areanas. On the whole, his career playoff line(31 games) is 19/8/2 which ain't bad considering the teams he was on. The fact he is a sidekick on this team lends even more credence that, given his history, he is a HUGE addition in terms of what he brings to our team come playoff time. Don't understand how you can even bring JJ into this discussion given Jamison's track record. Sure, hes getting up there in years but his stats simply are not on the decline at this point in his career. The guy has been Mr. Consistant for the greater part of 9 years not including his injury riddled '04-05 season.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
User avatar
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:35 pm
Location: Mentor
Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:53 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
JCoz wrote:
I rode in to work as per usual, I hear the normal sports scores and news included was that snipet about the league having evidence that there was a prearranged deal so they will block Z from returning to the Cavs.



Question- Anyone else hear the 'snipet' about the LEAGUE HAVING EVIDENCE that there was a prearranged deal? Or did others hear and read the same thing that was discussed here, that the LA Times was citing UNNAMED SOURCES that stated the league would not allow Z to return to the Cavs?

There's a huge difference JCoz. Huge difference.

The whole basis of this annoyance?

HOLD THAT HOMECOMING. Source says NBA has told other teams it won't let Z go back to Cavs. May be woofing with no rule against it, maybe not

1:22 PM Feb 21st via web
MHeislerLATimes
Mark Heisler


"Source says" followed by a "May be woofing with no rule against it, maybe not."

I'm not getting into more of a pissing contest with you over this and I'm not backing off what I said earlier. Bottom line is there was apparently never anything there and that's what I said. And I think it's ridiculous to get bent about unsubstantiated rumors, especially those that began with an anonymous source citing an anonymous NBA source. And add to that there wasn't a single mention of evidence of anything.

I won't question your assertion that that's what you heard. Not publicly anyway.

'News is news' is what you wrote. I agree.

Rumors ain't news, the report that launched all of this is crap with not a sngle part of it attributable to anyone and yet I'm the one with my head up my ass for calling attention to that fact.

Alrighty then boss. :thumb up:


Peeker, I don't know how much fucking clearer I can be. I have typed the snipet already. This is EXACTLY what was reported on ESPN 980 in washington dc three times an hour:

"The NBA has told teams that it will block center Z. Ilgauskas from returning to cleveland based on evidence of a prearraged deal."

That is what I heard about 6 or 7 times while driving.

And therein lies the disconnect between you and I.

Problem solved. You never heard the report I did, you think I was reacting to some tweet. I'd bet you that if you read my posts again under the premise that I heard what I say I heard, it takes on an entirely different light. I now understand your comments.
Last edited by JCoz on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:01 pm

This is actually interesting....I found an article from Washington that has basically the exact wording I heard on the radio all day, yet when they cite the source, its that same stupid tweet, which doesn't say that at all.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/02/ilgauskass-agent-says-there-is.html?wprss=wizardsinsider


Little piece:

Ilgauskas's agent: No prearranged deal with Cleveland
Zydrunas Ilgauskas's agent, Herb Rudoy, is still speaking with Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld in hopes of working out a buyout agreement in the next few days. Ilgauskas won't wear a Wizards No. 17 jersey, but there is speculation that the NBA won't allow Ilgauskas to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers this season, either.

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that the NBA has told teams that the league won't let Ilgauskas go back to Cleveland based on evidence of a prearranged deal. When asked about the suspicions of a wink-and-nod agreement between Ilgauskas and the Cavaliers, Rudoy sent a text message that read, "There is absolutely no truth to it. Ernie and I are still working on a buyout!"


Like I said earlier though, they did not cite the LA times on the radio.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:46 pm

RickNashEquilibrium wrote:
Frank Duffy wrote:No doubt, Larvell. That's undeniable, and I really don't mean to be a downer here, but the ultimate goal is a title this year.

The question isn't whether Tawn is better than JJ, it's whether he's good enough to put them over the top. Can he score important baskets in the 4th quarter vs. Gasol and Odom, or Perkins and Garnett, or Howard and Bass? And can he shut down those guys.

In short, he's better than JJ, but is he truly a difference maker, not just "another piece" on a championship team? When we played the Wiz, Arenas scared me in the crunch, Tawn played well, but didn't seem to carry them to wins. We've come close the last few years, but I still think we need one more real quality guy, not just another piece. I hope he's the one.


Um, what? What Cavs-Wizards series were you watching Frank? Jamison played GREAT basketball in the 3 consecutive series against the Cavs. Here's the breakdown:

2005-2006: 19/7/3
2006-2007: 32/10/1
2007-2008: 17/12/1

Granted, '07 was a sweep but he was the only cat who cared to show up that entire series. His scoring was down the other years because of the shot distribution between him, Butler, and Areanas. On the whole, his career playoff line(31 games) is 19/8/2 which ain't bad considering the teams he was on. The fact he is a sidekick on this team lends even more credence that, given his history, he is a HUGE addition in terms of what he brings to our team come playoff time. Don't understand how you can even bring JJ into this discussion given Jamison's track record. Sure, hes getting up there in years but his stats simply are not on the decline at this point in his career. The guy has been Mr. Consistant for the greater part of 9 years not including his injury riddled '04-05 season.


And just wait till he gets comfortable and gets a "feel" out there for his teammates, especially the King. The best passer in the league finally has a four that can get the ball to the hole and finish. Hell, he's going to lead the league in "chippies"

In the last 5 years, just how many EASY hoops were left of the floor courtesy of Gooden's nose, Andy's poor skills, or Hickson's allergy to anything not dunk. Not to mention Z getting a room service dish 6 feet from the hoop and releasing it at 12 feet.

Jamison can finish at the goal, shhot the jumper and play in the post. He can rebound. At this moment, Hickson can dunk. So he's more than a little better than JJ.

How adding an excellent player, at a position of need, doesn't put you in a MUCH better position to win the trophy....man, you must really not like Ferry for some reason, cause the guy oughta be wearin' a mask.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6552
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:18 pm

As exciting as this JJ versus Jamo debate is, it doesn't come close to SLAM's solution to keep Z in C-town.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/blogs/ ... ll-keep-z/
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby reppination7 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:42 pm


Ilgauskas Buyout Waiting For Signature


Feb 24, 2010 4:56 PM EST

Zydrunas Ilgauskas is just a signature away from receiving a buyout with the Wizards, a source has told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

Indications are that Ilgauskas will receive around $9-$10 million of his $11 million salary.

After Ilgauskas clears waivers, which will take 48 hours, the veteran center will be able to sign with any NBA team other than the Cavaliers.

Cleveland, who traded him to Washington last week, cannot re-sign Ilgauskas until 30 days from the day he was traded.

Sources says that the Celtics, Hawks and Nuggets are interested in signing the center.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... z0gUokRSUP
Image
User avatar
reppination7
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:01 pm
Location: Gibsonburg OH
Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: quite a few people

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:28 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:As exciting as this JJ versus Jamo debate is, it doesn't come close to SLAM's solution to keep Z in C-town.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/blogs/ ... ll-keep-z/


EPIC WIN FTW!
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
User avatar
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:35 pm
Location: Mentor
Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby OSU819903 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:55 pm

reppination7 wrote:
Ilgauskas Buyout Waiting For Signature


Feb 24, 2010 4:56 PM EST

Zydrunas Ilgauskas is just a signature away from receiving a buyout with the Wizards, a source has told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

Indications are that Ilgauskas will receive around $9-$10 million of his $11 million salary.

After Ilgauskas clears waivers, which will take 48 hours, the veteran center will be able to sign with any NBA team other than the Cavaliers.

Cleveland, who traded him to Washington last week, cannot re-sign Ilgauskas until 30 days from the day he was traded.

Sources says that the Celtics, Hawks and Nuggets are interested in signing the center.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... z0gUokRSUP



Can the Cavs sign him but not play him or what. B/C if they have to wait 30 days to sign him how is he going to be eligible for the playoff roster, which I believe has 3-1 has the cutoff date? Excuse me if this is common knowledge I am a bit ignorant on the specifics.
"Forever, tomorrow and a day"
User avatar
OSU819903
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Elyria, OH
Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Chad, the Altel Guy

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:00 pm

He only needs to be off the Washington roster by 3/1.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby OSU819903 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:03 pm

ok I was way off, I thought that anyone who would be included on our playoff roster had to be on there by March 1st.
"Forever, tomorrow and a day"
User avatar
OSU819903
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: Elyria, OH
Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Chad, the Altel Guy

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:25 am

Z is bought out according to, well, everyone.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:36 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Z is bought out according to, well, everyone.(time: 11:25)


PDcavsinsider: Z and the Wizards have agreed to buyout terms, source says. The paperwork is expected to be finished in morning. 4 minutes ago via web (time: 11:31)


Impressive, you digitally scooped Windy.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

of a

Unread postby Frank Duffy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:49 am

RickNashEquilibrium wrote:
Frank Duffy wrote:No doubt, Larvell. That's undeniable, and I really don't mean to be a downer here, but the ultimate goal is a title this year.

The question isn't whether Tawn is better than JJ, it's whether he's good enough to put them over the top. Can he score important baskets in the 4th quarter vs. Gasol and Odom, or Perkins and Garnett, or Howard and Bass? And can he shut down those guys.

In short, he's better than JJ, but is he truly a difference maker, not just "another piece" on a championship team? When we played the Wiz, Arenas scared me in the crunch, Tawn played well, but didn't seem to carry them to wins. We've come close the last few years, but I still think we need one more real quality guy, not just another piece. I hope he's the one.


Jamison played GREAT basketball in the 3 consecutive series against the Cavs. Here's the breakdown:

2005-2006: 19/7/3
2006-2007: 32/10/1
2007-2008: 17/12/1

Granted, '07 was a sweep but he was the only cat who cared to show up that entire series. His scoring was down the other years because of the shot distribution between him, Butler, and Areanas. On the whole, his career playoff line(31 games) is 19/8/2 which ain't bad considering the teams he was on. The fact he is a sidekick on this team lends even more credence that, given his history, he is a HUGE addition in terms of what he brings to our team come playoff time. Don't understand how you can even bring JJ into this discussion given Jamison's track record. Sure, hes getting up there in years but his stats simply are not on the decline at this point in his career. The guy has been Mr. Consistant for the greater part of 9 years not including his injury riddled '04-05 season.




Wow, optimistic Clevelanders! I love it! :nanner:

Just for the record, Rick, I didn't compare him with JJ, that was Larvell making a point. I was comparing AJ to championship-quality side-men like, say, Rodman or Worthy or Dennis Johnson (or R. Allen or R. Lewis or T. Parker) - guys you know you can depend on to do really meaningful stuff in the playoffs. Not getting more guys like that in the first 6 years LB has been here is my gripe with Ferry.

Tawn may have great stats in a 4 game sweep, but can he deliver in the 4th Q. of a game 6. I didn't see that in the 2008 series. But, the points about him having the style we need are strong. Let's see him deliver.
Frank Duffy
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:47 am
Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Hargrove

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:20 am

What are the odds nobody nabs him for 30 days?
Shadow Scars
 
Posts: 364
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:41 pm
Location: Akron, OH
Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:30 am

You'll know by the weekend.

The odds of him returning to the Cavs in my opinion are almost every bit of 98%.

While Dallas and Denver may offer better minutes. I am not sure Z cares at this point.

His family and the loyalty to the Cavs organization will likely be the deciding factor, IMO. (And I know loyalty works both ways but Ferry was incredibly cordial throughout the process and his agent has seemed to make it a point to say Z holds no ill wills.)
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
User avatar
noles1
 
Posts: 2114
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:32 pm
Location: Clarion, PA
Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:02 am

JCoz wrote:This is actually interesting....I found an article from Washington that has basically the exact wording I heard on the radio all day, yet when they cite the source, its that same stupid tweet, which doesn't say that at all.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/02/ilgauskass-agent-says-there-is.html?wprss=wizardsinsider


Little piece:

Ilgauskas's agent: No prearranged deal with Cleveland
Zydrunas Ilgauskas's agent, Herb Rudoy, is still speaking with Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld in hopes of working out a buyout agreement in the next few days. Ilgauskas won't wear a Wizards No. 17 jersey, but there is speculation that the NBA won't allow Ilgauskas to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers this season, either.

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that the NBA has told teams that the league won't let Ilgauskas go back to Cleveland based on evidence of a prearranged deal. When asked about the suspicions of a wink-and-nod agreement between Ilgauskas and the Cavaliers, Rudoy sent a text message that read, "There is absolutely no truth to it. Ernie and I are still working on a buyout!"


Like I said earlier though, they did not cite the LA times on the radio.


I get ya. You were fed bad info from a source you trusted before. I just don't trust any source completely enough to buy in without names and specifics. Especially after last week when 99% of everything was horseshit.

You turned here to see if it was bullshit or not.

Others turned here because they assumed it was and this is the melting puddle. Those are the people that annoy me when they're old enough to know better.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22625
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby waborat » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 am

noles1 wrote:You'll know by the weekend.

The odds of him returning to the Cavs in my opinion are almost every bit of 98%.

While Dallas and Denver may offer better minutes. I am not sure Z cares at this point.

His family and the loyalty to the Cavs organization will likely be the deciding factor, IMO. (And I know loyalty works both ways but Ferry was incredibly cordial throughout the process and his agent has seemed to make it a point to say Z holds no ill wills.)


Couldn't agree more...

I'll go up to 99%...

Between his wife having 2 offices here and the newly adopted kids, I just can't see him going anywhere else...

Kind of guy who didn't even give much thought to the dollars being offered by the Wizards and just told his agent to get it done asap
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby dpdad » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:16 am

So if it's 30 days from the trade date, Z could be back as soon as March 21st. Take a couple of weeks on the beach, and come back to a huge welcome from the fans. Works for me.
dpdad
 
Posts: 781
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:42 am
Location: Independence, Ohio

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:01 pm

I put this up before, but the upgrade erased it, and I have no idea of if it was answered. Is this tampering?

"There hasn't been a day go by that I haven't heard from Mark (Warkentien, the Nuggets' vice president of basketball operations)," Herb Rudoy, Ilgauskas' agent, said Wednesday. "He had a great relationship with 'Z' (back in Cleveland). Mark has been very aggressive to convince me to convince 'Z.' "

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_14466403

Edit: This story was posted before Z was bought out, thus, still under contract with the Wizards.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:51 pm

PDcavsinsider: WKNR 850 AM's Michael Reghi, who I will join in minutes, is reporting that Z has decided to re-sign with the Cavs.

And all the nostalgic nitwits rejoice!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Quickly, someone put a video together and set it to the "Welcome back Cotter" song!
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:08 pm

I just wanted to vent about the idiocy of the media re: all the complaining about the "loophole" and how it is unfair to all of the other teams.

Why, exactly, is it more unfair than if Denver or Dallas were able to sign Ilgauskas, basically acquiring him for nothing as well? If there is a problem of fairness with Ilgauskas going back to Cleveland, there is a problem of with ANY free agent or bought out player going to one specific contender. It was JUST as unfair when the Cavs were able to acquire Joe Smith for nothing last year. After all, they got to add a valuable player to their roster for nothing.

If the NBA wants to "fix" this, they need to disallow a guy like Z from playing on ANY playoff roster.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:12 pm

OH SHIT, HOLD THE PRESSES REG MAY BE FULL OF SHIT!!!!!

WojYahooNBA: Herb Rudoy, Zydrunas Ilgaulskas agent, on report of commitment to Cavs: "He and I talked 10 minutes ago and he is not close yet."


WojYahooNBA: Nevertheless, this is what it is with Big Z. Telling the Cavs he's returning is mere semantics. We all know he's returning.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:38 pm

Wojo is an asshole who is desperate that the Cavs not resign Z. IN case anyone wasn't aware.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:26 pm

jfiling wrote:Wojo is an asshole who is desperate that the Cavs not resign Z. IN case anyone wasn't aware.



What are you talking about?

Honestly I don't understand.

Woj has had whack LBJ takes in the past (like two years ago) but he has become a 100% better reporter this year and you are one of the few that still runs around w/ your ass tightened before he wrote mean things before.

His Z piece that I linked in this thread was the best written by anyone in the national press, period.

And I am sure Z's agent never said that and Woj is lying here, not just doing his due diligence as a journalist and checking on a story.

I mean Reghi is a 100% qualified guy to be breaking stories. Happens all the time.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:17 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
jfiling wrote:Wojo is an asshole who is desperate that the Cavs not resign Z. IN case anyone wasn't aware.



What are you talking about?

Honestly I don't understand.

Woj has had whack LBJ takes in the past (like two years ago) but he has become a 100% better reporter this year and you are one of the few that still runs around w/ your ass tightened before he wrote mean things before.

His Z piece that I linked in this thread was the best written by anyone in the national press, period.

And I am sure Z's agent never said that and Woj is lying here, not just doing his due diligence as a journalist and checking on a story.

I mean Reghi is a 100% qualified guy to be breaking stories. Happens all the time.

I think I meant to post a link backing that up. Might have been this one:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

This is the backdrop of the Ilgauskas story. The Cavs traded him with a first-round draft pick to Washington for Antawn Jamison(notes) at the trade deadline, and rest assured: They never, ever doubted for a moment they were losing him. Almost no one believes Cleveland would’ve made that trade had it truly believed Ilgauskas was gone for good.

Does it mean this was a prearranged deal?

Or just an assumption?

Whatever. It is what it is. Z is coming back to the Cavs, and there isn’t a soul in the NBA who believes differently.

Guy is stirring up trouble.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:19 pm

No, as has been written here repeatedly, he is stating what is most probably the truth. In the same article he talks about how 90% of the deals in the NBA are set up in some way illegally. I posted that link here originally and it was the best piece on the entire ordeal.

He says everyone does what they do in the NBA to get deal done.

That is the truth.

He even says cites the public tampering toward LBJ done by the other franchises that no one in the national media has the balls to mention.

But yeah, he is just praying Z doesn't go back to C-town.

Geezes.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby Cease » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Would be a nice second beat if Brown doesn't play #11 in his first game back in front of the home crowd.
User avatar
Cease
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:47 am
Location: The View
Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:56 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:No, as has been written here repeatedly, he is stating what is most probably the truth. In the same article he talks about how 90% of the deals in the NBA are set up in some way illegally. I posted that link here originally and it was the best piece on the entire ordeal.

He says everyone does what they do in the NBA to get deal done.

That is the truth.

He even says cites the public tampering toward LBJ done by the other franchises that no one in the national media has the balls to mention.

But yeah, he is just praying Z doesn't go back to C-town.

Geezes.

Got it. I just hope you keep your knowledge of the probable truth regarding the Cavs secret arrangement with Z away from David Stern.

And yes, I'm kidding. I overstated my case regarding Wojo. Doesn't mean I don't think Danny Ferry hasn't done everything possible to keep this whole trade/resign situation aboveboard. Ferry knows what happened with the Joe Smith deal, and I doubt he'd do anything to get caught in a similar dilemma. I still think Wojo is flinging shit with no basis in fact for his allegations.

Does it go on all the time? Yes. Does he have any proof that it's happening with Z? No, but that won't stop him from saying it.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3874
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby fairvis » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:27 pm

Looks to be all but official... Z back on Mar 22.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4954271
User avatar
fairvis
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:06 am

Yep.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4967018

This and Cribbs getting his deal done might be the two biggest shockers of the year. ;-) ;) :wink:

CLEVELAND -- Zydrunas Ilgauskas has forgiven the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Feeling betrayed after he was traded last month, Ilgauskas wants to return to the only NBA team he has played for to help it win a championship.

Ilgauskas, the towering center known to Cleveland fans simply as "Z," told his agent Herb Rudoy to begin negotiations with the Cavs on March 22 -- the first day he can sign.

"The NBA rules do not allow any contract discussions until that date," Rudoy said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. "It is Zydrunas' desire to return to the Cavaliers if a suitable contract can be agreed upon."

It's likely the Cavs will accept him back with open arms. General manager Danny Ferry agonized over the decision to trade Ilgauskas, a former teammate, close friend and the franchise's leader in rebounds and games played, to Washington as part of the deal for forward Antawn Jamison.

Now, Ferry has a chance to make everything right.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22625
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:10 am

And negotiations will take all of six seconds as we will offer him the 1.1MM we have to offer and he'll sign on the dotted line.

Our max money to offer was much less than all the other contenders that wanted him, btw.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby Toxicadam » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:15 am

I wonder if this deal will end up causing the NBA to change the rules. Especially if the Cavs go on to win a championship.
User avatar
Toxicadam
 
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:53 am

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:20 am

Toxicadam wrote:I wonder if this deal will end up causing the NBA to change the rules. Especially if the Cavs go on to win a championship.


Yeah, the Cavs will win a title because of Z and that will set Stern out to change the rules, because we cannot have C-town winning anything.

Fuckhead.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:21 am

Woot!! :nanner: :dingle: :cheers:

Great news!!!

/now we can totally fuck with Bynum/Gasol. Bang 'em with Shaq, then watch them try cover the high pick and roll with Z - with Jamison down underneath waiting for easy buckets. Woot!!!11!1ty.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
User avatar
bookelly
Happy Easter!!
 
Posts: 3434
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:49 am

As Peeker alluded to earlier, this is not news.

You would have to be an utter imbecile to think this was in doubt for two seconds.

Waste of bandwith.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6552
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby waborat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:02 am

Lead Pipe wrote:As Peeker alluded to earlier, this is not news.

You would have to be an utter imbecile to think this was in doubt for two seconds.

Waste of bandwith.


First hint was when the #11 jerseys never went on the discount rack next to the JSmith's & Wally's
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:30 pm

So who gets cut to resign Z? There are 15 guys already on the roster. Is this the end of the Darnell Jackson era? Or will it be Danny Green?
User avatar
CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07!
 
Posts: 1927
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 12:39 pm
Location: Brooklyn
Favorite Player: Troy Smith
Least Favorite Player: Braylon/Hughes/Pryor

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:47 pm

I think its likely the end of the Darnell Jackson era....Green has shown usefulness in limited bursts, and could be a future bench guy. Darnell just isn't going to see the court this year.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
User avatar
Gradysmanldy
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:58 pm
Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Re: Zydrunas Buyout Watch

Unread postby CharacterIV » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:50 pm

CAVSTRIBEBROWNSin07! wrote:So who gets cut to resign Z? There are 15 guys already on the roster. Is this the end of the Darnell Jackson era? Or will it be Danny Green?


Bassy Telfair? Between Green and Jackson, I'd prefer to see D-Block go, much as I like his hustle. The 4 is just too crowded these days. Jamison, Andy, Hickson, Powe, and even LeBron's minutes in the small-ball lineup all are ahead of poor Darnell on the depth chart. Can we send him to the D-League?
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
User avatar
CharacterIV
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:18 am
Location: Portland
Favorite Player: Indignation
Least Favorite Player: "Brands"

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Who is online

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests