Text Size

No Holds Barred

"You know what really grinds my gears..."

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: "You know what really grinds my gears..."

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:59 pm

Obnoxious people.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:40 am

-The morons who swipe their card a nano-second after they just put the product in my hand.
-The morons who swipe their card 8 million miles an hour.
-The morons who drive slow on the left lane of the highway and WON'T GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:52 am

Mr. I'm too wide to fit in my seat on the plane so I am going to make your ride uncomfortable and make you lean over for a 3 hour flight unless you want to rub shoulders with me.

Seriously, last night I flew back to Ohio. They need to have a test seat, if you can not fit ALL of your body with in the given space of the seats then sorry you need another seat. Instead I had to lean all trip because apparently this guy didnt know the international flying rules. Aisle seat gets outside arm rest, leans out. Window guy leans towards the window and gets one armrest. Middle guy (me, last time I let the wife sit by the window) gets both arm rests. The fact that someone sits down, absorbs both armrests, forced me to sit with an uncomfortable lean for 3 hours while he was perfectly comfortable was about enough to kick his ass. But he was an older gentleman so I didnt say anything, but it doesnt make me any less pissed off.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:48 am

Ziner wrote:Mr. I'm too wide to fit in my seat on the plane so I am going to make your ride uncomfortable and make you lean over for a 3 hour flight unless you want to rub shoulders with me.

Seriously, last night I flew back to Ohio. They need to have a test seat, if you can not fit ALL of your body with in the given space of the seats then sorry you need another seat. Instead I had to lean all trip because apparently this guy didnt know the international flying rules. Aisle seat gets outside arm rest, leans out. Window guy leans towards the window and gets one armrest. Middle guy (me, last time I let the wife sit by the window) gets both arm rests. The fact that someone sits down, absorbs both armrests, forced me to sit with an uncomfortable lean for 3 hours while he was perfectly comfortable was about enough to kick his ass. But he was an older gentleman so I didnt say anything, but it doesnt make me any less pissed off.

I was on a plane this past Monday and a guy gets on who weighs probably 550 lb., no joke, and crams his fat ass into a coach seat behind me. He hung halfway out into the aisle and halfway into the middle seat. It was horrible. He was pouring sweat and mouth-breathing just from the walk down the jetway and his sideways shuffle down the plane's aisle. I felt really bad for the guy next to him, who wasn't tiny but a regular guy on the bigger side. Thank god it was just a short hop flight from Dallas to Austin.
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby Cease » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:53 am

Bill the Butcher wrote:-The morons who drive slow on the left lane of the highway and WON'T GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY.

Amen. I have now resorted to flashing my highbeams when I've been in someones rearview for more than 10 seconds and the lane is open in front of them. RIGHT LANE IS TRAVELING, LEFT LANE IS PASSING.

how about drivers who pull off to the left when pulled over on the highway? SLOW AND RIGHT FOR SIRENS AND LIGHTS, people.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:10 am

exiledbuckeye wrote:
Ziner wrote:Mr. I'm too wide to fit in my seat on the plane so I am going to make your ride uncomfortable and make you lean over for a 3 hour flight unless you want to rub shoulders with me.

I was on a plane this past Monday and a guy gets on who weighs probably 550 lb., no joke, and crams his fat ass into a coach seat behind me. He hung halfway out into the aisle and halfway into the middle seat. It was horrible. He was pouring sweat and mouth-breathing just from the walk down the jetway and his sideways shuffle down the plane's aisle. I felt really bad for the guy next to him, who wasn't tiny but a regular guy on the bigger side. Thank god it was just a short hop flight from Dallas to Austin.

Ugh, thats the worst, I feel like I can never just get a woman to sit next to me, I always end up with some 300+ male that breathes heavily. Perhaps I was harsh earlier, It isnt even the bigger people that bother me, its the fact that not only are you big, he made no attempt to ensure my comfort by leaning towards the aisle or not taking up both arm rests.

Am I wrong here? Middle seat gets both armrests right? Thats how I have always played the game.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby The Score » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:18 am

In a 3 person row, someone is going to get 2 arm rests.

I've always thought that the middle seat was the one that gets the double.
The Score

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:22 am

Ziner wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:

Ugh, thats the worst, I feel like I can never just get a woman to sit next to me, I always end up with some 300+ male that breathes heavily. Perhaps I was harsh earlier, It isnt even the bigger people that bother me, its the fact that not only are you big, he made no attempt to ensure my comfort by leaning towards the aisle or not taking up both arm rests.

Am I wrong here? Middle seat gets both armrests right? Thats how I have always played the game.

Flying in general just brings out the worst in people. All those tools in seats behind you who immediately stand up, nearly kill people getting their carry on crap out of the overhead compartment and then race forward up the aisle to gain approximately 4 spots in line and 8 seconds of time should be beaten within an inch of their lives.

Ditto for all the self-important humps who immediately start frantically making return calls as if the economy of the free world depended solely on them.

Like waiting until you got to the top of the jetway wouldn't be soon enough.

Man, I hate mankind.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Ziner wrote:Ugh, thats the worst, I feel like I can never just get a woman to sit next to me, I always end up with some 300+ male that breathes heavily. Perhaps I was harsh earlier, It isnt even the bigger people that bother me, its the fact that not only are you big, he made no attempt to ensure my comfort by leaning towards the aisle or not taking up both arm rests.

If you are the unlucky bastard stuck in the middle, you should get both armrests. That's how I feel about it, anyway.

You know, plane seats are so small they make us all seem fat. You gotta try to make sure everyone in the row is comfortable. Nothing pisses me off more than a guy crossing his arms, elbows poking me, and then spreading his legs as wide as possible to make sure I have absolutely no space or comfort. We're all uncomfortable, don't make it even worse.

I agree with Peeks too, flying brings out the worst in everybody. Plus, the paid baggage thing now makes everyone bring more carry-ons, which has made flying 100 times worse than it used to be. And every airline I've been on other than Continental boards the plane in ridiculous ways or as a free-for-all, at least Continental boards it from the back of the plane forward, so it's a lot smoother getting yourself and your stuff on board.
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:24 pm

off the top of my head:

1-any fan of a team not from said team's state,city, country, etc. (exception: when fan's home state does not have a team in particular sport; i.e. Ohio with no hockey team).
2-like everyone else, can't stand people camping out in left lane while driving speed limit or below.
3-pricks on their cell phones at the gym. don't know why this bugs me as much as it does but this kills me.
4-fucktards who don't put weights away after using them. in fact the general lack of gym etiquette at my gym may be why i eventually spend time in prison.
5-assholes who can't/won't watch their language when kids are around. listen i swear like a truck driver but i can promise you if your kids are around you won't hear one blue word out of me.
6-people who speed in neighborhoods with tons of kids. again, may lead to serious jail time for me at some point.
7-customer service folks who act like they're doing me a favor taking my money. why doesn't anyone say "thank you" anymore?

that's enough for now...i'm getting pissed.
bucknutz94

Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Unread postby hebner20 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:26 pm

bucknutz94 wrote:off the top of my head:

1-any fan of a team not from said team's state,city, country, etc. (exception: when fan's home state does not have a team in particular sport; i.e. Ohio with no hockey team).
2-like everyone else, can't stand people camping out in left lane while driving speed limit or below.
3-pricks on their cell phones at the gym. don't know why this bugs me as much as it does but this kills me.
4-fucktards who don't put weights away after using them. in fact the general lack of gym etiquette at my gym may be why i eventually spend time in prison.
5-assholes who can't/won't watch their language when kids are around. listen i swear like a truck driver but i can promise you if your kids are around you won't hear one blue word out of me.
6-people who speed in neighborhoods with tons of kids. again, may lead to serious jail time for me at some point.
7-customer service folks who act like they're doing me a favor taking my money. why doesn't anyone say "thank you" anymore?

OK, I will be the board nit picker. Not much of a hockey fan but are the blue jackets THAT bad?
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby hebner20 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:33 pm

Blame yourself for not tactfully asking if he could cut you some slack by giving you some room. Yes, he was oblivious to the situation and you can blame him for that but 1 short conversation could have saved you some grief. What could have been the worst that could have happened - him telling you to F.O.? It's a big, confusing world out there but how about trying to communicate?

I guess that grinds my gears.
hebner20

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:51 pm

hebner20 wrote:

Blame yourself for not tactfully asking if he could cut you some slack by giving you some room. Yes, he was oblivious to the situation and you can blame him for that but 1 short conversation could have saved you some grief. What could have been the worst that could have happened - him telling you to F.O.? It's a big, confusing world out there but how about trying to communicate?

I guess that grinds my gears.

The dude was like 70, I guess I just felt as I would come off as a dick if I told him to back off my arm rest and to quit invading my seat space. The guy is probably a veteran or something, I figured I'd cut him some slack... He was the grandpa type, I figured I could give up comfort for his, but it still, in general pisses me off

Oh and how about this part of flying that grinds gears. As the plane unloads and the people act shocked that it is their turn to actually get up and get out and take a half hour getting down their bag. Grab it and get off the plane.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:42 pm

hebner20 wrote:

OK, I will be the board nit picker. Not much of a hockey fan but are the blue jackets THAT bad?

doh!! well they weren't around in my formative years. by the time the NHL hit Ohio I was tapped out fanatically.
bucknutz94

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:54 pm

The Alltell commercials.

First of all, If I'm buying a cellphone, whom would I trust moreso, a guy who's pretty much a nerd and LIVES electronics and video games, etc can recommend you what he would normally buy, or some frat boy looking douche who probably spends half the time calling up people and saying "Dude"

Also, why the hell are the people who are sold their cell phone plans, get pissed at their salesman. It's not their fault they sold you a defective product, why not take it up with the company itself and get your money back?

The irony now, is the continued use of a nerdy verizon guy (the company that now OWNS VERIZON).
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:06 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:

Hah Hah! These disgusting fat bodies should have their own airline. They could call it Fat Flyers. No seats, they sit on their giant asses eating various types of junkfood. How someone can let themselves go to the point they weigh 500 lbs is beyond me. If you can look down and not see you're feet, you're a fat fuck that needs to try salads.

Here's something that's related that pisses me off, people who sit behind me at sports games or other events. They scoff and sigh about sitting behind a tall person, like it's my fault. I had a guy at and Indians game ask me if I could slouch down so his son could have a better view of the field, this while my knees are already pressed against the seat infront of me. They make stadium seating wider to accomodate the fat piles, but they don't add extra leg room for the tall freaks. A guy like Big Dawg gets adulation for being a giant fat body, while I have to hear people piss and moan about something I have no control over. I've had people complain to the ushers about me, some Redwings fan did that at Nationwide, The usher said "he paid the same price you did, we can't make him be shorter, and we're not going to ask him to move or leave".
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby hebner20 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:35 pm

Bump.

Not aimed at anyone in particular on this site.

The incorrect use of the word then when meaning to use the word than.

example:

incorrect - Player x is better then player y.

correct - Player x is better than player y

Ugh! :gah: :gah: :gah:

Whew, that felt good. Carry on.
hebner20

Unread postby davemanddd » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:15 pm

people who criticize lebron james when he goes 43-13-15 but the cavs still lose. yes, i'm talking to you, avery johnson!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:11 am

Self promotion on message boards, facebook, twitter, etc...

I don't care about your day, life, please stfu and stop trying to get me to join these impersonal social networking sites...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:02 pm

You know, I'm from PA. We have 2 hockey teams I couldn't give a rats ass about and 2 football teams I can't stand.

In the meantime I've been a Browns fan longer than you've been alive and I just have to ask....

What in the F%$! is your point?..... cuz that's about the dumbest thing I've ever read
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:51 pm

A faggy ass thread named after a crappy episode of a crappy TV Show.

That grinds my mfing gears.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Ziner » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:53 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:A faggy ass thread named after a crappy episode of a crappy TV Show.

I figured your answer would be... "everything"
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:54 pm

I will say this, PBT was always good at these type threads, even if half of his items were totally hypocritical observations on his part. Problem was he couldn't leave it at that, all of them ended up like all the rest.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:07 pm

FUDU wrote:I will say this, PBT was always good at these type threads, even if half of his items were totally hypocritical observations on his part. Problem was he couldn't leave it at that, all of them ended up like all the rest.

Dwarf Tossing gets old after awhlie
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
FUDU wrote:I will say this, PBT was always good at these type threads, even if half of his items were totally hypocritical observations on his part. Problem was he couldn't leave it at that, all of them ended up like all the rest.

Dwarf Tossing gets old after awhlie
True, at some point you have to start looking under tables and couches. Fuck it.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby hebner20 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:45 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:A faggy ass thread named after a crappy episode of a crappy TV Show.

Losers who go around pissing on threads for no reason. That grinds my gears.
hebner20

Unread postby That_Guy™ » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:57 pm

People using loose and looser when they mean lose and loser.
The first rule of Fight Club is: Don't tell Chuck Norris about Fight Club.
That_Guy™

Favorite Player: Leroy Jenkins
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:06 pm

You know, I'm from PA. We have 2 hockey teams I couldn't give a rats ass about and 2 football teams I can't stand.

In the meantime I've been a Browns fan longer than you've been alive and I just have to ask....

What in the F%$! is your point?..... cuz that's about the dumbest thing I've ever read

My comment was based on bandwagon fans.

People that root for a team other than their hometown team will NEVER feel as much passion as a person born and raised in that teams locale. NEVER!!! I don't care what you say. I was 9 when Tommy Kramer completed the hail mary to Ahmad Rashad and I cried like a baby. Browns losses leave me depressed for a week. I just doubt people living in Ohio who root for the Cowboys or Steelers can say the same thing. You think Lebron is really that upset when the Cowboys or Yankees lose?

As far as you rooting for the Browns while being from PA, well, I guess you're a masochist. :pb:
Last edited by bucknutz94 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bucknutz94

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:43 pm

bucknutz94 wrote:

It's called being a bandwagon jumper.

People that root for a Cleveland team rather than their hometown team will NEVER feel as much passion as a person born and raised in Northeast Ohio. NEVER!!! I don't care what you say. I was 9 when Tommy Kramer completed the hail mary to Ahmad Rashad and I cried like a baby. Browns losses leave me depressed for a week. I just doubt people living in Ohio who root for the Cowboys or Steelers can say the same thing. You think Lebron is really that upset when the Cowboys or Yankees lose?

As far as you rooting for the Browns while being from PA, well, I guess you're a masochist. :pb:

Congrats, Dumb Ass!

You just passed "Bluthering Fucking Idiot" and are well on your way to "Bluthering Fucking Retard"

...and nobody gives a rats ass about Tommy Fucking Kramer and Bobby Moore

On a scale of Memorable Moments in Sports that ranks about....well, last
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:55 pm

You just proved my point asshole. Wow, too easy. Stick with the Steelers. Browns fans don't need you, you PA reject. :fu:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
bucknutz94

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred