Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Cavs talking with Phoenix about Amare?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Cavs talking with Phoenix about Amare?

Unread postby papacass » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:45 pm

DiminishingSkills wrote:
Hi Oktane wrote:Teams wouldn't have the cap room to clear if they hadn't made poor investments to begin with.

Agree to a point, in a general "sleep in the bed you made" sense. But it's not good for the game to have, say, Washington in the tank for six years because they stupidly (which was true in real time, and has become only more so as time has progressed) gave Arenas $102 kabillion. The punishment really doesn't fit the crime. I'm not sure the pendulum needs to (or will) swing all the way to NFL-style year-to-year contracts, but there has to be a way for teams to recover when circumstances make a seemingly good deal turn terrible. (And there's some incentive for the players to get on board with that approach, as the money Agent Zero steals from the Wiz is money that can't be paid to other, more deserving players -- particularly true if the league moves towards a hard cap.)

The NBA did institute the Allan Houston amnesty rule a while back, where I believe a team could void a large contract on a one-time basis. You don't hear anything about that rule anymore.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:
DiminishingSkills wrote:I truly hope that the next CBA gets us closer to having trades that are done purely for basketball reasons, rather than clearing cap room or getting under whatever financial ceiling. As a Cavs fan, I love that they have an owner who is willing to spend, and who is willing to bend teams over backwards to get Mo/Shaq/possibly Amare or Antawn. As a basketball fan, those deals kind of suck. Making trades for financial reasons is not a new phenomenon in sports -- if it were, then Babe Ruth would have played his career in Boston -- but it seems more overt now than ever.

Teams wouldn't have the cap room to clear if they hadn't made poor investments to begin with.

Surely you're not implying Antoine Walker, Raef LaFrentz, Theo Ratliff, Keith Van Horn, and Kwame Brown aren't the quintessential building blocks of an NBA franchise?
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Papa Cass wrote:
DiminishingSkills wrote:
Hi Oktane wrote:Teams wouldn't have the cap room to clear if they hadn't made poor investments to begin with.

Agree to a point, in a general "sleep in the bed you made" sense. But it's not good for the game to have, say, Washington in the tank for six years because they stupidly (which was true in real time, and has become only more so as time has progressed) gave Arenas $102 kabillion. The punishment really doesn't fit the crime. I'm not sure the pendulum needs to (or will) swing all the way to NFL-style year-to-year contracts, but there has to be a way for teams to recover when circumstances make a seemingly good deal turn terrible. (And there's some incentive for the players to get on board with that approach, as the money Agent Zero steals from the Wiz is money that can't be paid to other, more deserving players -- particularly true if the league moves towards a hard cap.)

The NBA did institute the Allan Houston amnesty rule a while back, where I believe a team could void a large contract on a one-time basis. You don't hear anything about that rule anymore.

The team still has to pay the entirety of the contract, even if the player signs with another team (so the player gets paid the entirety of two contracts), and the contract still counts for purposes of determining cap standing (so you can't get under the cap by using this one time exemption). They just don't have to pay the luxury tax on that player's contract. So it doesn't free up any cap money, and they only save the money they are paying in tax on the contract.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby diminishingskills » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:54 pm

Papa Cass wrote:The NBA did institute the Allan Houston amnesty rule a while back, where I believe a team could void a large contract on a one-time basis. You don't hear anything about that rule anymore.

That's because the amnesty had to be exercised that season, IIRC. Either you had a contract you wanted to get rid of or you didn't. It wasn't something that a team could pocket and then use a year or two down the line.

ETA: What aoxo said too.

BTW, a piece of trivia I've always liked: the Knicks did not use the Allan Houston rule on Allan Houston.
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Favorite Player: Those who try
Least Favorite Player: Those who don't

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:55 pm

DiminishingSkills wrote:

I tend to agree wth any post that can pply the word "kabillion" to logic.

The cap has many exceptions, perhaps it ought to be more forgiving of injuries for a designated player. Would have helped us when America's favorite NASCAR announcer was snake bit.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:57 pm

DiminishingSkills wrote:
Papa Cass wrote:The NBA did institute the Allan Houston amnesty rule a while back, where I believe a team could void a large contract on a one-time basis. You don't hear anything about that rule anymore.

That's because the amnesty had to be exercised that season, IIRC. Either you had a contract you wanted to get rid of or you didn't. It wasn't something that a team could pocket and then use a year or two down the line.

ETA: What aoxo said too.

BTW, a piece of trivia I've always liked: the Knicks did not use the Allan Houston rule on Allan Houston.

I actually thought that too, but from what I saw in my quick search there was nothing about it. The closest was something that said "by October 1" but didn't have a year.
aoxo1

Unread postby Cleveland Transplant » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Per Twitter
sportsguy33

That's horrible. Ernie Grunfeld needs to be stopped. RT @chadfordinsider: Most likely Cavs-Wiz deal (Z, Moon, No. 1) for (Jamison, James)
Cleveland Transplant

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Ugh, Simmons should be better than to re-tweet from Ford. He could have gotten that word from a half dozen other spots by now.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Simmons and Ford are tight, there is where he gets 90% of his insane trade ideas.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Makes a painful dichotomy....I really enjoy reading Simmons pieces, very likable writing style....but some of the ideas he concocts make my teeth hurt.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Well he is not necessarily wrong but it is just that we are reaping the benefits.

This is what would have happened with the Gasol situation had it played out, only there would have been better offers publicly. Funny how this is playing out yet basically there are no viable alternatives out there. That Miami deal is a pile of crap and they are using 4 guys to try and make it work.

I'm not sure what to make of this or who we end up with. I was leaning toward Jamo as of yesterday but after last night and the Amare comments and word out there now, I am inclined to think it is Amare.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:41 pm

How do we know Phoenix is the one leaking anything?

Maybe it is Danny?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby diminishingskills » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Pup wrote:How do we know Phoenix is the one leaking anything?

Maybe it is Danny?

Latest rumor has PHX sending Amare to the Cavs for Anderson Varejao. And then the Cavs will turn around and trade for Antawn Jamison, also for Anderson Varejao, just to make sure he gets the hell out of town.

Now if we saw THAT rumor, we'd know the source for sure. ;)
If it flies, floats, or fornicates, always rent it -- it's cheaper in the long run.
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:50 pm

DiminishingSkills wrote:

Maybe it is Danny?

Latest rumor has PHX sending Amare to the Cavs for Anderson Varejao. And then the Cavs will turn around and trade for Antawn Jamison, also for Anderson Varejao, just to make sure he gets the hell out of town.

Now if we saw THAT rumor, we'd know the source for sure. ;)

I read the first sentance and took it seriously.

I hnate you Hnat.

Not today broham. Not today. ;-)

Too antsy.
jb

Unread postby papacass » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:26 pm

Maybe it is Danny?

Media types are sniffing around both sides, and Woj apparently has some in-the-know sources with the league office, but given that there is a ton of information swirling about both the Cavs and the Heat chasing Amare, you'd have to think that most of the scuttlebutt is coming from the hierarchy of the Suns.
papacass

Unread postby scott » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:26 pm

Sounds like nothing happens until tomorrow. PDX giving Miami some time to try to sweeten a deal, and Amar'e to Cleve holding up the house of cards until that is settled.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:37 pm

scott wrote:Sounds like nothing happens until tomorrow. PDX giving Miami some time to try to sweeten a deal, and Amar'e to Cleve holding up the house of cards until that is settled.

I don't blame PHX at all. This is exactly what they should do. Hold out for the best deal. bedtime prayers include one that ehrone hates Mihammi. ;-)

More adrenaline tomorrow.
Last edited by jb on Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby diminishingskills » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:42 pm

JB wrote:I read the first sentance and took it seriously.

I hnate you Hnat.

Not today broham. Not today. ;-)

Too antsy.

Yup, that's a personal foul today. Remind me at the next draft party/ballgame/whateva, and I'll get you the first round of adult beverages. (As long as it's cheap domestic swill, as I have a Dolanesque tolerance for spending. ;))
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Unread postby Cease » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:54 pm

Too antsy.

This is such an insane week to be a Cavs fan, I can't help but be antsy. I'm just hoping Danny makes the right move and has an incredibly keen sense for total player value. Each scenario is a big house of cards, negotiated at length, with a huge MAYBE attached. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the Cavs offices on days like this. What a beautiful buzz.

The State of the TCF is strong. Great thread (& along with the other trade thread). This is the only spot on the web I even care to check for updates. The good turns in the road end up here anyway, usually within 10 minutes.

FTR, I prefer Amare to Jamo, but feel that Kerr is helping Danny lay bait to bring down the price for Jamo. If the Wiz call our bluff, Kerr might jump in and deal anyway- depending on what else he sees but is likely to stand pat if we get Jamo.

So many ways this could go, might be getting to be time to sit stop guessing, just to sit back and watch.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby scott » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Cease wrote:FTR, I prefer Amare to Jamo

I take either with no complaints. A 20 PPG scorer is a pretty nice consolation prize.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:18 pm

scott wrote:

I take either with no complaints. A 20 PPG scorer is a pretty nice consolation prize.

jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:29 pm

I may be through w/ you for good Hnat. Your buying JB a beer for that? After you tried to bait me into the full out LBJ debate earlier and only offered me more insults for declining hijacking the Amare trade thread?

I'm very close to filing for divorce.

Geezes, did someone steal your favorite rocker or something? Old man bitter, that's what I think.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:30 pm

Cease wrote:
Too antsy.

This is such an insane week to be a Cavs fan, I can't help but be antsy. I'm just hoping Danny makes the right move and has an incredibly keen sense for total player value. Each scenario is a big house of cards, negotiated at length, with a huge MAYBE attached. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the Cavs offices on days like this. What a beautiful buzz.

The State of the TCF is strong. Great thread (& along with the other trade thread). This is the only spot on the web I even care to check for updates. The good turns in the road end up here anyway, usually within 10 minutes.

FTR, I prefer Amare to Jamo, but feel that Kerr is helping Danny lay bait to bring down the price for Jamo. If the Wiz call our bluff, Kerr might jump in and deal anyway- depending on what else he sees but is likely to stand pat if we get Jamo.

So many ways this could go, might be getting to be time to sit stop guessing, just to sit back and watch.

Insane is right. JB spelled "antsy" correctly! Must be the stress. ;-) ;) :wink:
"At least the Scots didn't have to tune in with the rest of the country and watch their women get plowed by Longshanks and his men."
~Commodore Perry on the difference between baseball's flawed economics : Indians :: prima nocta : Scots
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby papacass » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:36 pm

scott wrote:

Do you realize how freaking awesome this is just on principle? EITHER Antawn or Amare? But it looks like about a 90 percent chance that we're going to get one or the other? The gift horse can have wooden dentures for all I care. I ain't looking.

And whoever gets added will be coming to an already-stacked team. This is the kind of high living that is usually reserved for Yankees and Red Sox fans. Thank you, Dan Gilbert, for being willing to spend, and thank you LBJ for generating the revenue that allows him to spend ... and making sure he and TBO use it to better the team.

(Yeah, I'm being a total homer. Sorry. I'm going to live in the moment because these opportunities are rare.)
papacass

Unread postby dmiles » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:39 pm

I have failed in my attempt to get off of Monster/Rock-Star and failed in my attempt to avoid RCF. I held out until the last 10 minutes.

W&G is teasing again with "Gilbert personally involved", "Phoenix deal looking like it will get done" type stuff. Still nothing new to see. Here was the 1:33 PST, post (about 7 min. ago)

I have to preface this with a strong statement that nothing is official yet ...BUT, just got another call in and it seems that with Dan Gilbert's late input in talks with Phoenix ..we may very well have a commitment coming from Phoenix on an agreement in principle on a deal.

Something positive may be happening in regards to the Amare trade and him coming to Cleveland.. We're getting some very positive indications is what I was just told ... so hold tight.

Don't have a timeline or what the specifics might be at all. Just a phone call from the same guy I talked to about ten minutes ago and he said that we got some very strong indications that Phoenix is leaning with us.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Papa Cass wrote:
scott wrote:

Do you realize how freaking awesome this is just on principle? EITHER Antawn or Amare? But it looks like about a 90 percent chance that we're going to get one or the other? The gift horse can have wooden dentures for all I care. I ain't looking.

And whoever gets added will be coming to an already-stacked team. This is the kind of high living that is usually reserved for Yankees and Red Sox fans. Thank you, Dan Gilbert, for being willing to spend, and thank you LBJ for generating the revenue that allows him to spend ... and making sure he and TBO use it to better the team.

(Yeah, I'm being a total homer. Sorry. I'm going to live in the moment because these opportunities are rare.)

This is what makes something like the following so, so sweet.
That's horrible. Ernie Grunfeld needs to be stopped. RT @chadfordinsider: Most likely Cavs-Wiz deal (Z, Moon, No. 1) for (Jamison, James)
http://twitter.com/sportsguy33/status/9244079079

Yeah, Bill is pretending to care about the fans of the teams dumping salary. But those fans are better off in the long term. He is really just pissed because it hurts Beantown.

Someone ought to let him know that he doesn't know what it's really like to compete against teams that do this until Boston loses a guy like V-mart, CC, or Lee in a salary dump.
aoxo1

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:44 pm

[quote="dmiles"]I have to preface this with a strong statement that nothing is official yet ...BUT, just got another call in and it seems that with Dan Gilbert's late input in talks with Phoenix ..we may very well have a commitment coming from Phoenix on an agreement in principle on a deal.

[quote]

I wonder what that would mean exactly, if true.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:46 pm

dmiles wrote:I have failed in my attempt to get off of Monster/Rock-Star and failed in my attempt to avoid RCF. I held out until the last 10 minutes.

W&G is teasing again with "Gilbert personally involved", "Phoenix deal looking like it will get done" type stuff. Still nothing new to see. Here was the 1:33 PST, post (about 7 min. ago)

I have to preface this with a strong statement that nothing is official yet ...BUT, just got another call in and it seems that with Dan Gilbert's late input in talks with Phoenix ..we may very well have a commitment coming from Phoenix on an agreement in principle on a deal.

Something positive may be happening in regards to the Amare trade and him coming to Cleveland.. We're getting some very positive indications is what I was just told ... so hold tight.

Don't have a timeline or what the specifics might be at all. Just a phone call from the same guy I talked to about ten minutes ago and he said that we got some very strong indications that Phoenix is leaning with us.

That Meddling Little Prick! Who does he think he is, getting personally involved. :-)

[youtube]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8925610190810632151#[/youtube]
jb

Unread postby diminishingskills » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:47 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I may be through w/ you for good Hnat. Your buying JB a beer for that? After you tried to bait me into the full out LBJ debate earlier and only offered me more insults for declining hijacking the Amare trade thread? I'm very close to filing for divorce.

Geezes, did someone steal your favorite rocker or something? Old man bitter, that's what I think.

FFS, did your Playstation freeze just as your Bron/Wade/Sasha Vujacic/Chris Quinn/Adonal Foyle team was about to hoist the trophy? You're even more pissed off than usual today, and you usually wake up more pissed off than Simon Cowell in a room full of old dudes singing "pants on the ground".

But we can't get divorced, because we're obviously not married. If we were, we'd be fighting much more often. ;)
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:52 pm

FTR: there is nothing homerish about enjoying this Cass.

And Hnat, where is my damned GBS?
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:53 pm

PDcavsinsider

There are some indications out there that the Suns are getting close to giving Cavs an answer on Amar'e. As in very soon.

OH MY ACHING BLUE BALLS
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:54 pm

Btw, Ey, That was a metaphor. My balls aren't really blue, it's just that the trade talks are like dry humping.
Gradysmanldy

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:56 pm

I'm thinking Amare's gonna be a Cavalier very, very soon. Gut feeling.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby diminishingskills » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Windy says we're at shit-or-get-off-the-pot time re: Amare.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... d_cav.html

My favorite part of the article? Amare's agent is named "Happy".
diminishingskills
TCF Alumni President

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:45 pm

DiminishingSkills wrote:Windy says we're at shit-or-get-off-the-pot time re: Amare.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf ... d_cav.html

My favorite part of the article? Amare's agent is named "Happy".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0vA3Fgbl6c

I see the booster from Blue Chips finally got a new job.

"There goes Happy heading for the cash machine, gonna buy himself a Middle-Linebacker, that guy got the best player money can buy!"
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:47 pm

Simmons whining again

These dump trades = exactly why the NBA is going under. Any tanking team should discount last 2 mths of season tix by half.

HAHA Strange, didnt see a similar worry when the BoSox's got Victor in a salary dump.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:48 pm

Ziner wrote:Simmons whining again

These dump trades = exactly why the NBA is going under. Any tanking team should discount last 2 mths of season tix by half.

HAHA Strange, didnt see a similar worry when the BoSox's got Victor in a salary dump.

Weren't the Indians giving tickets away at the end of th eyear?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:55 pm

Feh.

WojYahooNBA: The Suns have told Amar'e Stoudemire that he is playing tonight against the Dallas Mavericks, suggesting no imminent trade, sources tell Y!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:55 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:

Dunno, but he didnt seem to care about the MLB when it went down.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:00 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
Papa Cass wrote:
scott wrote:

This is what makes something like the following so, so sweet.
http://twitter.com/sportsguy33/status/9244079079

Yeah, Bill is pretending to care about the fans of the teams dumping salary. But those fans are better off in the long term. He is really just pissed because it hurts Beantown.

Someone ought to let him know that he doesn't know what it's really like to compete against teams that do this until Boston loses a guy like V-mart, CC, or Lee in a salary dump.

Ziner wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:

Dunno, but he didnt seem to care about the MLB when it went down.

Have you ever had an original thought?
:hide:
aoxo1

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:04 pm

aoxo1 wrote:Have you ever had an original thought?
:hide:

Forgive me, had a dentist appt wasn't following for a while.

I almost quoted the whole thing just to ruin e0y's day
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:10 pm

If old man Hnat cannot keep me down you don't have a prayer Ziner.

Although thanks to this damned board and trade rumors it will be damn interesting to see when I leave the office. Stupid work.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Doc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:27 pm

The more I thought about it today, the more JJ to PHX made sense. If you bring in Jamo and relegate JJ to the bench, I think that's the worst case scenario. I don't think JJ develops as well not being on the first team with LeBron, and I think that ruins his trade value as well.

I like JJ, but I don't see him getting better on the 2nd team. The reason he's starting is to be out there with the guys who take all the pressure off of him. He's a guy I think they almost need to move now. I think I prefer Jamo's "fit" here better than Amar'e, but I think you have to make Kerr make that deal. STAT is the best use of our resources.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby noles1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:35 pm

Windy's latest twitter...

Washington Post reports the Cavs have traded for Antawn Jamison
6 minutes ago from web

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Doc » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:40 pm

noles1 wrote:Windy's latest twitter...

Washington Post reports the Cavs have traded for Antawn Jamison
6 minutes ago from web

http://twitter.com/PDcavsinsider

Wait, what? Initially, I'm not sure how to react. Waiting for more sources, I guess. My night's f'ed. I'll be seeing more of you tonight, TCF basketball forum...
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby ajunior148 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:20 pm

WojYahooNBA:

Miami planning to meet with Amar'e Stoudemire after midnight EST in L.A., sources say. Houston and Cleveland expected to reach out soon too. 1 minute ago via web
ajunior148

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:21 pm

Yeah, someone should start a rumors thread and then split out when rumors become actual actions.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby ajunior148 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:24 pm

Agreed. This will get crazy.
ajunior148

Unread postby Loo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:09 am

Toxicadam wrote:Just like the Shaq trade last year, this deal won't get done because of our reluctance to trade Hickson.

Now that LeBron and his value to the franchise (in the books, not on the court) is at stake, Hickson is gone if the deal is possible.
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo

Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:56 am

Amar'e stays in Phoenix he's just checking what's out there before making it official
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Chris Perez

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA