Text Size

No Holds Barred

2011 Federal Budget

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: 2011 Federal Budget

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:01 am

Orenthal wrote:JB agree 100% that spending what you take in is far better then allowing debt to pile up at an alarming rate. I believe even better then that is to make such an equalibrium point as low as possible to prevent overwhelming government intervention.

On this one JB I think you are totally wrong.
Cutting spending during a serious recession is an old tctic perfected by herbert Hoover.

You corrected me sometime ago on one of my historical missteps. I admitted it, and on this one would expect the same. Hoover was not a cutter, he blazed the trail for FDR, and was the polar opposite of Coolidge. Coolidge hated Hoover, but blah blah heere is an article on the subject...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122576077569495545.html

Also read in much more detail about the exact time period in the book, The Forgotten Man, but the author of that was already attacked when I brought it up in the book thread... I suppose the WSJ opinion piece may be attacked too, even though the author is from Bidness Week.

Who is your new avitar, OJ ?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Lee Van Cleef, an accountant like me who decided on a better profession...

He was "The Bad", in the movie The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:09 pm

Orenthal wrote:Lee Van Cleef, an accountant like me who decided on a better profession...

Ahhhhh....

Bad ass.

See, we don't alway have to head butt.

:cheers:
jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:44 pm

JB wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Lee Van Cleef, an accountant like me who decided on a better profession...

Ahhhhh....

Bad ass.

See, we don't alway have to head butt.

:cheers:

JB we agree on more then we don't, just how many times can you post "+..." without being a tool... Only the disagreements get play, like negative news at 6pm!

Lee thanked his parents for the beedy eyes that landed him so many villain roles. Also killer in "For a Few Dollars More". Of course the films were by Sergio Leone which means they were epic! :thumb up: :thumb up: :thumb up: :cheers:
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:43 am

FUDU wrote:
JB wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
I've paid double % SS for 35 yrs....and now I'm supposed to just give it all up to some ignorant touchy-feely politician/community organizer, cuz some indignant, self righteous Ostrich thinks its fashionable?

Are you high broham? Obama is fixing to take yer socal security?

You got the parties' agandas mixed up.

Or not. Medicare part D shows both parties will break the treasury and world macro-economy to throw out another entitlement.

Really JB, at the end of the day what is the difference on the label we give the money we pay up to the government, it all means the same in the end, less money in our pockets. Whether it be federal income tax, or SS, we don't get our money's worth regardless. SS shouldn't be counted on as being there for a sole income down the road by anyone, but the bottom line is we are over taxed, period.

Both parties want our money, make no mistake about it.

This this this a thousand fucking times this....

...and lets place the blame for a bankrupt SS System where it belongs. In the hands of 40 yrs of Democratic controlled congresses that passed the legislation to raid it...for the "common good" I suspect :bunny:
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby jb » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:17 pm

FUDU wrote:
JB wrote:
I've paid double % SS for 35 yrs....and now I'm supposed to just give it all up to some ignorant touchy-feely politician/community organizer, cuz some indignant, self righteous Ostrich thinks its fashionable?

Are you high broham? Obama is fixing to take yer socal security?

You got the parties' agandas mixed up.

Or not. Medicare part D shows both parties will break the treasury and world macro-economy to throw out another entitlement.

Really JB, at the end of the day what is the difference on the label we give the money we pay up to the government, it all means the same in the end, less money in our pockets. Whether it be federal income tax, or SS, we don't get our money's worth regardless. SS shouldn't be counted on as being there for a sole income down the road by anyone, but the bottom line is we are over taxed, period.

Both parties want our money, make no mistake about it.

This this this a thousand fucking times this....

...and lets place the blame for a bankrupt SS System where it belongs.

Tooo many old greedy bayboos
jb

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred