Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

The Wolf Man

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

The Wolf Man

Unread postby dem425 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:21 pm

Saw it and liked it, contrary to the review in the Newsless Herald.

If you like gothic horror movies with plenty of graphic violence, then this is the one.

No boobs or bad language (generally TWO of my prerequisites).

Benicio Del Toro always plays a good tortured soul......

This movie would have gone over great at the old Lake and Shore shows in Euclid on Saturday afternoon..........

Question: With the likes of TV programs like House, CSI, Bones, etc., are we becoming de-sensitized as a society when it comes to gore and dismemberment?
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Re: The Wolf Man

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:32 pm

Looks like a decent movie.

"are we becoming de-sensitized"....becoming? Dude we are way past that point IMO. Shit just the fact so many people wanted to see the Nick Berg beheading let alone how many people DID see it via the Internet is evidence to that IMO.

I'm sure you have plenty of stories that would reiterate that point from your years on the force, no?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby dem425 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:35 pm

People have slowed down to watch traffic accidents and train wrecks forever. The fact that a mere glimpse of something bloody somehow trips the excitement trigger.

Standing knee deep in gore has absolutely NO relationship to what you see in movies/TV. Not until they perfect "Smell-o-vision". And I wouldn't want (and neither should you) any cop who says he/she is "desensitized". IMO, it means they lost their humanity...........
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:54 pm

I didn't care for it, the could've went more heavy on the story and maybe more "make you jump moments".

Dude we are way past that point IMO. Shit just the fact so many people wanted to see the Nick Berg beheading let alone how many people DID see it via the Internet is evidence to that IMO.

I see what you're saying, but I think people are curious. I've seen what I consider the most awful thing ever on the net, and I was horrified...... but I couldn't turn away, and I don't know why. I wish I would've, but I didn't. I've been watching horror movies since I was a little kid and I don't think that had anything to do with it.

Like Dem said, there's something in the human pysche that triggers interest and excitement in carnage. The Roman population loved Gladiator fights and public executions and there were no horror movies or violent video games around back then.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:27 pm

I would've passed on the movie but my friend wanted to see it.

I didn't really like it. Parts of it were kinda cool but overall the movie was boring. And the wolfman didn't even look that great.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture