Text Size

No Holds Barred

Bob Collins quoted in Dubya Billboard

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Bob Collins quoted in Dubya Billboard

Unread postby dmiles » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Anyone remember this guy from pre-message board days? Anyone besides JB who was the CSML or whatever the heck it was? I picked it up through Usenet and was mostly a reader. gnati was there, not sure I remember who else. Walt was always posting from places around the globe. And there was a Gustaff also. Nancy the librarian, it's all coming back to me. And of course BC from Minnesota Public Radio. Kind of died out when the first Browns site popped up. Was that originally scout, and scout got bigger or did scout go around consolidating the bigger sites?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/02/bush_miss_me_yet_billboard_is.html
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Re: Bob Collins quoted in Dubya Billboard

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:44 pm

dmiles wrote:Anyone remember this guy from pre-message board days? Anyone besides JB who was the CSML or whatever the heck it was? I picked it up through Usenet and was mostly a reader. gnati was there, not sure I remember who else. Walt was always posting from places around the globe. And there was a Gustaff also. Nancy the librarian, it's all coming back to me. And of course BC from Minnesota Public Radio. Kind of died out when the first Browns site popped up. Was that originally scout, and scout got bigger or did scout go around consolidating the bigger sites?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/02/bush_miss_me_yet_billboard_is.html

Snotty Bobby?

READ MY HOLE!

SEE MY HOLE!

One of the original on-line dooshes, sorta like a more annoying baseball version of Bob Fergus.

Buff told me CSML still exists in a post-alt iteration, and some of the same are still there.

There was CSML and then the browns football alt site. Two different sites. Well, not really sites, but alt bars.

CSML lived on, but alt.pfcb died after the invasion of the rat fans that sparked Art Bietz aka barry into getting active and strating Gredwatch once the technology changed. The rest is history.

I wish we could find Chas Withers.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to No Holds Barred