Text Size

The Rumble Room

Strikeforce: Miami

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Strikeforce: Miami

Unread postby XUDawg » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:20 pm

Finally the fight I've been waiting for since the Dream/Strikeforce marriage was announced. Nick Diaz vs. Marius Zaromskis for the vacant WW championship. Diaz is one of my two favorite fighters in the world. And he has my favorite attitude. Namely, fight anybody at any weight on any notice. If you have Showtime, watch this fight.

Also a sideshow matchup of Herschel Walker vs. whatever can they put in there for him to crush. I don't know about debuting a 47 year old man. But the guy is still in peak physical condition. So we'll see.
XUDawg

Favorite Player: Nick Diaz
Least Favorite Player: Ben Roethlisberger

Re: Strikeforce: Miami

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Walker has only been training mma for a short period, and he's 47. Not too sure anyone should be considered a can going against him. I'm pretty interested in seeing how his fight goes down.

Pumped to see Riggs/Hieron as well as the Diaz fight.
Should be a good event.

Unread postby Doc » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:50 am

Caught the end of Herschel's fight. Wow that dude is still cut at 47. Sick.

The Cyborg/Koenen(sp?) fight was the best woman's fight I've ever seen. Not that I've seen many, but the action in the fight really wowed me. Cyborg is tough. I wouldn't fight her. She would kick my ass.
Doc

Favorite Player: Matthew Dellavedova
Least Favorite Player: Chris Bosh

Unread postby XUDawg » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:29 am

My boy went to town on the Dream champ. Funny how Dream got embarassed tonight with Manhoef's flash KO and Zaromskis's beating.

But Nick definitely sounded unNick in his post-fight interview. Like he decided to go corporate overnight. He did break out some paranoia about Nate's fight against Maynard. (Which I agree with, even though I know there are some Maynard manlovers around here.)

At any rate, Nick made my night again. Maybe he moves up and beats up on Lawler for a second time so that his homey Shields doesn't have to.
XUDawg

Favorite Player: Nick Diaz
Least Favorite Player: Ben Roethlisberger

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:22 am

Maynard manlovers? You're the one of here blowing Diaz every chance you get.
Gray's fight was close as hell, could have easily gone either way but there was no clear cut winner. The judges gave it to Gray. Diaz loses.
Maynard is a personal friend of mine so you can bet your ass i'll be pulling for him.

Decent card altogether. Some of the top guys are going to run out of legit fighters to compete against at some point. I wouldn't mind a few of these guys going back to the UFC.

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Doc wrote:Caught the end of Herschel's fight. Wow that dude is still cut at 47. Sick.

Apparently, Jose Canseco would like a shot at Herschel Walker, not a smart move:

http://bases.nbcsports.com/2010/02/if-c ... m.html.php
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Return to The Rumble Room