Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

The Filthy Critic on Hollywood

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

The Filthy Critic on Hollywood

Unread postby jfiling » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:37 pm

It's supposed to be a review of Planet 51, but instead really tells how a lot of us see Hollywood, and begs the people involved on the artistic side to start caring. I'm sure that it will fall upon deaf ears in the industry.

http://www.bigempire.com/filthy/planet51.html
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: The Filthy Critic on Hollywood

Unread postby dem425 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:55 pm

Good Article, jfiling.............

As I mentioned on another thread, the like/dislikes of movies is so subjective, that it is almost impossible to gauge what the public wants, primarily because they don't know what they want.

The author of the article mentions the old couple spending their dimes and nickles. If they are there for a "Rock" movie, are they there by choice?

We are all critics to some degree or another. I have seen three oscar-nominated movies; Avatar, Hurt Locker, and Inglorious Basterds. They were fair to middlin' movies. All had some positives but lots of negatives. Certainly nothing in my meaningless opinion qualifies them for Oscar contention.

The one great point the author makes is in movie makers understanding that a night out for 2 just to go to a movie is as much as concert tickets were 25 years ago.........So start making something inovative, creative and worth the $20 for a bucket of popcorn and a couple of pops................

:pop:
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Re: The Filthy Critic on Hollywood

Unread postby aoxo1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:48 pm

dem425 wrote:The one great point the author makes is in movie makers understanding that a night out for 2 just to go to a movie is as much as concert tickets were 25 years ago.........So start making something inovative, creative and worth the $20 for a bucket of popcorn and a couple of pops................

:pop:

;-) ;) :wink:
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture