Text Size

No Holds Barred

Teabow ad

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Teabow ad

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:01 am

man, this is why peoplle hate zealot liberals.

I won't ever be involved with anyone who is involved in an abortion, but that's as far as I believe I have a right to take it, and definately not a fellow traveller of conservative Christians nor their agenda that often imposes on my freedoms, but their money is green, and the oposition to this ad is pure desire for censorship.

Don't like it?

Buy your own ad that counters.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby pup » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:31 am

Not sure if everyone knows or cares, but Tebow was born against the recommendation of the medical world. The doctor said mom should abort because of some issue with the pregnancy.

If it is that close to home, and you believe in what you are saying, how does anyone have an issue with this?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12004
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:48 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Let them air it. I'd prefer not to see any bloody fetus' during the Super Bowl (salsa and all), but Tebow aint changin' my opinion on the subject. Maybe she should have done it, maybe tOSU would have another championship if he doesn't play.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6371
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:16 am

People are pissed about it because in 2004, the United Church of Christ tried to run ads about their openness to allowing gays to worship in their church. CBS rejected that ad because it was "advocacy" and said they do not run "advocacy ads". Of course, that was just BS. Hypocritical, but what do you expect? Not sure why people are so up in arms about it, though.

http://www.ucc.org/news/ucc-leaders-balk-at-cbs.html
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Guest » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:49 am

I think Tim Tebow walking around annoying the shit out of people is one of the best arguments you could come up with FOR abortion.

Just sayin.
Guest
 

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:12 am

exiledbuckeye wrote:People are pissed about it because in 2004, the United Church of Christ tried to run ads about their openness to allowing gays to worship in their church. CBS rejected that ad because it was "advocacy" and said they do not run "advocacy ads". Of course, that was just BS. Hypocritical, but what do you expect? Not sure why people are so up in arms about it, though.

http://www.ucc.org/news/ucc-leaders-balk-at-cbs.html


I think it comes down to a business decision, CBS didnt have a problem filling that slot in 2004, they do now. So certainly hypocritical, I did hear something about them claiming they didn't have a policy against them anymore. I have also heard they say they still have ad space open if an opposing group wanted to take out an ad. Its all about making money, they cant be picky now.

Concerning the ad, it is ridiculous to get up in arms about it. Who doesn't agree that less abortions are better? (except Mitch in Tebow's case) Isn't part of Planned Parenthood's mission statement to make abortions safe, legal and rare?
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7051
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:51 am

I find it absolutely hilarious that networks which advocate sex, drug usage, drinking, etc... in both commercials and their shows would be then ridiculed for allowing this kind of advertisement onto television. Double standard. Don't want to see the ad, change the channel.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador
 
Posts: 2915
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:59 pm
Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:25 pm

“An ad that uses sports to divide rather than to unite has no place in the biggest national sports event of the year—an event designed to bring Americans together,” said Jehmu Greene, president of the media center.


What a bunch of BS. This add only "divides" people because it conflicts with the media center's beliefs. This is ridiculous. There's absolutely no reason that they shouldn't air this add. We aren't talking about fetuses and propaganda here (as far as I can tell).

And I am firmly planted in the right to choose group. This add will NOT change my mind. But trying to censor it because you disagree with the message is bullshit.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7684
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby jb » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:36 am

Pup wrote:Not sure if everyone knows or cares, but Tebow was born against the recommendation of the medical world. The doctor said mom should abort because of some issue with the pregnancy.

If it is that close to home, and you believe in what you are saying, how does anyone have an issue with this?



Bayou needs to stay out of this.

:hide:
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby jb » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:37 am

Mitch wrote:I think Tim Tebow walking around annoying the shit out of people is one of the best arguments you could come up with FOR abortion.

Just sayin.



Now THAT'S NHB, agree or disagree.

More a this.


:cheers:
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby jb » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:39 am

Motherscratcher wrote:
“An ad that uses sports to divide rather than to unite has no place in the biggest national sports event of the year—an event designed to bring Americans together,” said Jehmu Greene, president of the media center.


What a bunch of BS. This add only "divides" people because it conflicts with the media center's beliefs. This is ridiculous. There's absolutely no reason that they shouldn't air this add. We aren't talking about fetuses and propaganda here (as far as I can tell).

And I am firmly planted in the right to choose group. This add will NOT change my mind. But trying to censor it because you disagree with the message is bullshit.



Yep.

Voltaire had it right.

Besides, it should be the far right's God given ability to censor.

Zealot Liberals embarras me, and yet they don;t get it.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:25 pm

JB wrote:
Pup wrote:Not sure if everyone knows or cares, but Tebow was born against the recommendation of the medical world. The doctor said mom should abort because of some issue with the pregnancy.

If it is that close to home, and you believe in what you are saying, how does anyone have an issue with this?



Bayou needs to stay out of this.

:hide:



:thud:


Actually, not as much of a Tebow hater as you'd think. I'm trying to stay on his good graces so he lets me through the pearly gates once I take the Disney Monorail over the clouds.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:09 pm

And now this..................................

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... test=faces
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador
 
Posts: 2915
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:59 pm
Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:12 pm

fundamentals wrote:And now this..................................

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... test=faces





Ziner just threw on the Wham cd and perked the fuck up. :dingle:
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:14 pm

fundamentals wrote:And now this..................................

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... test=faces


Their slogan should be "Visit Man Crunch, save us from having more Tebows." WTF kind of name is Man Crunch. Loose Balls Galore is much better.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6371
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:22 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:
fundamentals wrote:And now this..................................

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... test=faces





Ziner just threw on the Wham cd and perked the fuck up. :dingle:



They should air it, much to some people's surprise I actually support gay marriage. I am not hard line conservative on some social issues. Let them be and air their ad.

p.s. but since we are discussing dating sites, this came to me a while back, tell me if this isn't a million dollar idea. If anyone wants to help me make it work we can do it. So I want to start a dating site called STDating.com that would match people of like STD's. That way they don't have to have the awkward conversation of admitting they have a STD and their is no added danger of catching that disease. Thoughts?
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7051
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:00 pm

I believe a site like that already exists Ziner.

http://www.positivesingles.com/

There really isn't any way to explain why I knew it existed that won't get ripped on so... Don't air the gay marriage ad. At least the abortion issue is a somewhat split pro/con. The gay marriage one is just so against public opinion, and I just can't stand small loud groups yelling about their quasi-problems like we should all feel sorry for them. As long as all the government benefits are equal, accept your civil union and please shut the hell up.

CBS has the right to air or not air the commercial regardless of their decision on the abortion ad, or my opinion on the matter...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:08 pm

Orenthal wrote:I believe a site like that already exists Ziner.

http://www.positivesingles.com/

There really isn't any way to explain why I knew it existed that won't get ripped on so... Don't air the gay marriage ad. At least the abortion issue is a somewhat split pro/con. The gay marriage one is just so against public opinion, and I just can't stand small loud groups yelling about their quasi-problems like we should all feel sorry for them. As long as all the government benefits are equal, accept your civil union and please shut the hell up.

CBS has the right to air or not air the commercial regardless of their decision on the abortion ad, or my opinion on the matter...


Damnit, there goes my path to millions.

The ad isnt about gay marriage as far as I know... it is for a gay dating site. I am not sure they have any desire to bring up the issue.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7051
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:52 pm

Ah, in that case I am against gay dating sites, and dating site commercials as a whole. I don't think anyone wants to sit through anymore eHarmony commercials. I know I want to buy more guns when I see that commercial...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:10 pm

What is this "Tim Tebow" you speak of?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:28 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What is this "Tim Tebow" you speak of?


Image
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What is this "Tim Tebow" you speak of?


Image


I think Jesus is the more pro ready QB. Good throwing motion, quikc release. My only question is his hands and feet, I think those are the only holes in his game. He's been know to pull off the odd miracle too.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:32 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Skating Tripods wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What is this "Tim Tebow" you speak of?


Image


I think Jesus is the more pro ready QB. Good throwing motion, quikc release. My only question is his hands and feet, I think those are the only holes in his game. He's been know to pull off the odd miracle too.


From what I heard, his only claim to fame is the Hail Mary. Interestingly, when told the run the option, he always chooses wine.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:44 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Skating Tripods wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What is this "Tim Tebow" you speak of?


Image


I think Jesus is the more pro ready QB. Good throwing motion, quikc release. My only question is his hands and feet, I think those are the only holes in his game. He's been know to pull off the odd miracle too.


From what I heard, his only claim to fame is the Hail Mary. Interestingly, when told the run the option, he always chooses wine.


Well he only lost the one big game to Roman U, and everybody wanted to crucify him, which I thought was pathetic, look at his body of work.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:52 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:My only question is his hands and feet, I think those are the only holes in his game.





::doh::
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby That_Guy™ » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:08 am

Orenthal wrote:Ah, in that case I am against gay dating sites, and dating site commercials as a whole. I don't think anyone wants to sit through anymore eHarmony commercials. I know I want to buy more guns when I see that commercial...

Image
The first rule of Fight Club is: Don't tell Chuck Norris about Fight Club.
User avatar
That_Guy™
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:06 pm
Favorite Player: Leroy Jenkins
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Love this lady. What a classy citizen. Nothing like someone who protects women's rights to slam someone and implying they are lying about a issue they feel is personal and between a woman and doctor.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... i-abortion

She is essentially saying Tebow's mom is lying because abortions are illegal in the philippines and calling her a liar because no doctor there would ever recommend that... except a quick google search takes me to the UN's website with this document

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:CYb ... =firefox-a

Although the Penal Code does not list specific exceptions to the general prohibition on abortion, under the general criminal law principles of necessity as set forth in article 11(4) of the Code, an abortion may be legally performed to save the pregnant woman’s life.


Nothing like lying to smear a lady who wants to reduce the number of unborn babies being killed. Tebow's mom is a slug, good thing we have Gloria Allred on this earth to point out what lying scum she is.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7051
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Ziner wrote: unborn babies being killed.


Here's the beef. Most of them are no more people than the skin cells you lost typing that response. Same DNA, same life span in the open environment.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6371
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:52 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Skating Tripods wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What is this "Tim Tebow" you speak of?


Image


I think Jesus is the more pro ready QB. Good throwing motion, quikc release. My only question is his hands and feet, I think those are the only holes in his game. He's been know to pull off the odd miracle too.


From what I heard, his only claim to fame is the Hail Mary. Interestingly, when told the run the option, he always chooses wine.



When Teabow runs the option, you know he's always going to keep it.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Zé Apelido » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:55 pm

Orenthal wrote:Don't air the gay marriage ad. At least the abortion issue is a somewhat split pro/con. The gay marriage one is just so against public opinion, and I just can't stand small loud groups yelling about their quasi-problems like we should all feel sorry for them.


jesus. vote not split b/c gays are a small group? it's called a minority.

just because the majority believe one thing doesn't make it right. refer to history
Zé Apelido
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:44 pm
Location: Os Anjos
Favorite Player: Manute Bol
Least Favorite Player: Romanowski

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby aoxo1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Separate but equal, right?
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:10 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:Here's the beef. Most of them are no more people than the skin cells you lost typing that response. Same DNA, same life span in the open environment.


Spoken like someone who wasn't aborted.

When a human fetus turns into something other than a human being, let me know.

And here's my beef: women have the power to murder their own offspring, yet men are forced to essentially become slaves to a child they might not have even wanted in the first place.

Give men the right to waive their child-support obligations on demand and I'll have no problem with infanticide.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:54 am

What a woman who is not my wife/girlfriend does with her fetus, is no concern of mine.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:14 am

HermanFontenot wrote:When a human fetus turns into something other than a human being, let me know.



Image

Ask and ye shall receive.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7684
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: CDT's Garage
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:39 am

Dude, you consistently crack me up as much as anyone on this site.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7051
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:06 am

Zé Apelido wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Don't air the gay marriage ad. At least the abortion issue is a somewhat split pro/con. The gay marriage one is just so against public opinion, and I just can't stand small loud groups yelling about their quasi-problems like we should all feel sorry for them.


jesus. vote not split b/c gays are a small group? it's called a minority.

just because the majority believe one thing doesn't make it right. refer to history


...and? Are rights being violated? This is in terms of a private market and only my opinion on such, not government policy.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:19 am

I just can't stand small loud groups yelling


small loud groups yelling


loud groups yelling


yelling


lol. You crack me up.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14421
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Zé Apelido » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:06 am

Orenthal wrote:
Zé Apelido wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Don't air the gay marriage ad. At least the abortion issue is a somewhat split pro/con. The gay marriage one is just so against public opinion, and I just can't stand small loud groups yelling about their quasi-problems like we should all feel sorry for them.


jesus. vote not split b/c gays are a small group? it's called a minority.

just because the majority believe one thing doesn't make it right. refer to history


...and? Are rights being violated? This is in terms of a private market and only my opinion on such, not government policy.




Are rights being violated? Why are you asking. I'm sure gay couples would answer that clearly for you.
Last edited by Zé Apelido on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zé Apelido
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:44 pm
Location: Os Anjos
Favorite Player: Manute Bol
Least Favorite Player: Romanowski

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:46 am

Orenthal wrote:
Zé Apelido wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Don't air the gay marriage ad. At least the abortion issue is a somewhat split pro/con. The gay marriage one is just so against public opinion, and I just can't stand small loud groups yelling about their quasi-problems like we should all feel sorry for them.


jesus. vote not split b/c gays are a small group? it's called a minority.

just because the majority believe one thing doesn't make it right. refer to history


...and? Are rights being violated? This is in terms of a private market and only my opinion on such, not government policy.


There's a little wrinkle in this argument when you consider that CBS is using the public airwaves for free.
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:52 pm

Why does anyone care if gays marry?

Seriously. And I know the Bible has much to do with it, however, there seems to be a number of cats that don't follow the Bible that are still against it.

By the way, I'm from the faction that believes you're born that way. Reason being, the Lead Man can't really explain to you why he started diggin' chicks in the second grade or so. Certainly it wasn't because he was supposed to. Just that the little head began to tell the big one what was up around chicks, not dudes. If it happened the other way around...then what?

So unless someone has an answer to the above, or LP starts pounding the Bible he could give a rat's ass if gays want to marry. And not that he'll ever feel strongly enough to be a "proponent," he just doesn't really care.

Abortion - hell, no matter what side of the fence you're on with that topic, you can see it generating a strong, emotional response. This whole gay marriage topic.....just can't see why straight people care.

None of my business, really.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6505
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:12 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:When a human fetus turns into something other than a human being, let me know.


The moment it can survive on it's own, you let me know. Then you can give it rights. Until then, it's a collection cells, same as any in your body.

You want to beef with late term abortions, I'm fine with that. Before around the 20th week, no dice.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6371
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Zé Apelido wrote:
Orenthal wrote:
Zé Apelido wrote:
Orenthal wrote:Don't air the gay marriage ad. At least the abortion issue is a somewhat split pro/con. The gay marriage one is just so against public opinion, and I just can't stand small loud groups yelling about their quasi-problems like we should all feel sorry for them.


jesus. vote not split b/c gays are a small group? it's called a minority.

just because the majority believe one thing doesn't make it right. refer to history


...and? Are rights being violated? This is in terms of a private market and only my opinion on such, not government policy.




Are rights being violated? Why are you asking. I'm sure gay couples would answer that clearly for you.


Because a gay dating agency's commercial won't be aired, which is what I am limiting my comments to? If that is the case, lmao...

Only exiled seems to really have a point as this is being done on CBS not some cable TV channel. Then again is it really over the air anymore? BTW I could care less about gay marriage/civil unions. As long as they have the same legal rights I could care less what you do in your own home, and whom marry's whom. If CBS decided they didn't want to carry a PETA ad I would feel the same way. The reason CBS will not run the ad is becaue most people would be offended by a gay dating site. Right or wrong is immaterial to the fact they have the right to not air whatever they choose. I only stated that I can't stand the "loud minority" on any side of the aisle or of any sexual orientation, and that CBS probably rejected the ad because it isn't popular.

Totally unrelated but to lazy to go to the right thread... CDT fired my ferst gun the other day at Stonewall. My brothers Glock 19 and his buddies Sig 9mm, pretty fun, soon gonna be a member of whatever group gun owners are part of... Might have even saw dem there as I did see a gentleman helping a few people's...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:21 pm

Lead Pipe wrote:By the way, I'm from the faction that believes you're born that way. Reason being, the Lead Man can't really explain to you why he started diggin' chicks in the second grade or so. Certainly it wasn't because he was supposed to. Just that the little head began to tell the big one what was up around chicks, not dudes. If it happened the other way around...then what?


I only have one point that I would like to throw out there, and let me qualify to those sensitive to the subject that I am am not dug into any position on this topic just want some discussion. If being gay is genetic wouldn't evolution/natural selection have nipped it in the bud, :cheers: early on. Before it even had a chance to become a recessive gene?
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:The moment it can survive on it's own, you let me know.


Drop a two-year old off in the woods and let me know how long it survives on its own.

Again, let men waive their child-support obligations and I'll be down with women murdering their offspring.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What a woman who is not my wife/girlfriend does with her fetus, is no concern of mine.


Here's my beef. How can abortion be ok but if a dude murders a pregnant woman, he gets charged with two counts?

Either it's a life all the time or it's a life none of the time.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What a woman who is not my wife/girlfriend does with her fetus, is no concern of mine.


Here's my beef. How can abortion be ok but if a dude murders a pregnant woman, he gets charged with two counts?

Either it's a life all the time or it's a life none of the time.


Except as far as I'm aware, the states that have those laws (two counts of murder for a pregnant woman) can only make that charge if the fetus is at or beyond the accepted stage of viability. Before that date, they can't make the charge.

Kind of like the abortion laws. You can't have an abortion once the fetus is viable, except for the "health and safety of the mother" exemptions.
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:47 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:
Drop a two-year old off in the woods and let me know how long it survives on its own.



I'd give it 2 or 3 days. Drop a 16 week old fetus in the woods, and well the bugs will get at it before it has time to cool off.

As far as the 2 counts of murder thing for killing a pregnant women, I'd rather see it be an automatic death penalty sentence.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6371
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:54 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:
Skating Tripods wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What a woman who is not my wife/girlfriend does with her fetus, is no concern of mine.


Here's my beef. How can abortion be ok but if a dude murders a pregnant woman, he gets charged with two counts?

Either it's a life all the time or it's a life none of the time.


Except as far as I'm aware, the states that have those laws (two counts of murder for a pregnant woman) can only make that charge if the fetus is at or beyond the accepted stage of viability. Before that date, they can't make the charge.

Kind of like the abortion laws. You can't have an abortion once the fetus is viable, except for the "health and safety of the mother" exemptions.


OK, but who's to say when a baby is viable? As far as I know, nobody has any real concrete idea and most babies are a case-by-case basis when they're 5, 6, 7 months old. Not to mention any number of things that can go wrong when a baby is presumed viable.

Are we supposed to take probable abortions and test these babies to see when they would be viable? That's a bit inhumane.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:58 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
exiledbuckeye wrote:
Skating Tripods wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What a woman who is not my wife/girlfriend does with her fetus, is no concern of mine.


Here's my beef. How can abortion be ok but if a dude murders a pregnant woman, he gets charged with two counts?

Either it's a life all the time or it's a life none of the time.


Except as far as I'm aware, the states that have those laws (two counts of murder for a pregnant woman) can only make that charge if the fetus is at or beyond the accepted stage of viability. Before that date, they can't make the charge.

Kind of like the abortion laws. You can't have an abortion once the fetus is viable, except for the "health and safety of the mother" exemptions.


OK, but who's to say when a baby is viable? As far as I know, nobody has any real concrete idea and most babies are a case-by-case basis when they're 5, 6, 7 months old. Not to mention any number of things that can go wrong when a baby is presumed viable.

Are we supposed to take probable abortions and test these babies to see when they would be viable? That's a bit inhumane.


Are you referring to the legal aspect or the medical aspect? For legal cases, it's based on generally accepted scientific evidence. I assume that medically, it is the same. It's my understanding that there is a pretty clear point where a fetus has ANY chance of survival and where it doesn't, and that is where the line is drawn. (I could be wrong on that)
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Teabow ad

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:09 pm

exiledbuckeye wrote:Are you referring to the legal aspect or the medical aspect? For legal cases, it's based on generally accepted scientific evidence. I assume that medically, it is the same. It's my understanding that there is a pretty clear point where a fetus has ANY chance of survival and where it doesn't, and that is where the line is drawn. (I could be wrong on that)


Both. Scientific evidence, in this case, is not the be-all, end-all of the argument. I know those people are far smarter than me, but it is an extraordinarily unpredictable situation. Nevermind the obvious risk for infection or some sort of other complications, but a baby just simply might not make it due to underdeveloped internal organs. Not all babies follow the same blueprint in development.

Any chance of survival is the deciding line. That's absurd.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Next

Return to No Holds Barred

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest