Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:01 pm

From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, The Rock is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb. Rated PG-13.

Seriously, what happened to this guy? The Rock was suppose to be the next big action star! Arnold even symbolically passed him the torch in "The Rundown" but the guy has just pissed away his action star potential and done nearly all kids movies the past few years. Nevermind the fact that "The Tooth Fairy", Rocks latest, was suppose to be a Schwarzenegger movie back in the 90's and yes, we all know that he did do some family movies too but, only in between awesome action movies. The Rock has seriously dropped the ball. You could agrue some of his action movies were bad but I'd still rather see him do some bad action movies then some bad Disney movies. In only a few short years we went from this...

Image Image Image

to this...
Image Image Image

Seriously? The Tooth Fairy? Hulk Hogans movie career thinks this is a bad idea. Don't get me wrong, I love Disney and enjoy a good family film as much as the next guy but, I just cannot believe that this guy had the oppertunity to basically be the next Arnold and opted to become a walking Disney character instead.
Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Re: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:14 pm

The Rundown wasn't terrible. I'm not saying it's great, but it was entertaining.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby mswerb » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:31 pm

Disney got a hold of him and is probably paying him BIG bucks. Too bad he's getting paid for cheesey movies.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:45 am

What happened to the guy?

Not sure if anything's changed, he's been a consistently horrible actor since day one.

Walking around in your speedo with your eyebrow raised to motion picture acting is a bit of a jump.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby davemanddd » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:21 am

money talks, bs walks. the only thing that seems to be coming out of hollywood these days are chick flicks and kiddie films. big budget blockbuster manly shoot-em ups just don't make as much money like they used to and so hollyweird ain't making 'em so much anymore. sad.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:38 am

If I was offered the jack that this guy was, I'd be the modern day Don Knotts and play the part of The Incredible Mr. Limpet.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby CharacterIV » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:30 pm

Recent Rock highlight: the amnesia episode of Family Guy where they cut to him simulating sex between Peter and Lois by smacking Peter's toy figure against Lois' on a table for a few seconds, then just staring blankly into the camera. Excellent "what the hell am I supposed to do now?" look by the Rock.
Being a Cleveland fan builds character.
CharacterIV

Favorite Player: Hometown Pride
Least Favorite Player: Wiggins Remorse

Unread postby redneckofsc » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:28 pm

He said a couple of years ago he wanted to do more childrens movies, instead of the shoot-em up, bang-em up, profanity laced violent shit.

Also, maybe he did not want to be the next Van Damme/Lundgren/Wesley Snipes/Seagal. All of those guys were big time action stars, now they are nothing more than old ass, overweight, direct-to-dvd had beens.
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Favorite Player: Wil Cordero
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture