Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:34 pm

Got one of these for my birthday. The thing is sweet. Anyone else got one?

Image
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby jack_tors » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:17 pm

Swerb wrote:Got one of these for my birthday. The thing is sweet. Anyone else got one?

Image


I want one of these so bad as it would make the perfect amount for a small coffee drinker like me. Unfortunately, its not practical as my wife drinks coffee by the friggin gallon.. at all hours of the day/night.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
User avatar
jack_tors
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Reminderville, Oh
Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:00 pm

jack_tors wrote:
Swerb wrote:Got one of these for my birthday. The thing is sweet. Anyone else got one?

Image


I want one of these so bad as it would make the perfect amount for a small coffee drinker like me. Unfortunately, its not practical as my wife drinks coffee by the friggin gallon.. at all hours of the day/night.



Same here. I load up the travel mug with 5 cups every morning and that's my coffee intake for the day. It'd be fine for company, etc but doesn't fit my consumption habits either.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22781
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:14 pm

Got one for my mom for Christmas. She absolutely loves it.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby justmebd » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:20 pm

My wife swears by these things. She got one from our (now former) boss a few years ago and has been hooked on it ever since.
User avatar
justmebd
 
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm
Location: Youngstown, OH
Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:44 pm

Parents have this one, and seem to love it...
Image

I personally can't stand even the smell of coffee, so I have no idea...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
jack_tors wrote:
Swerb wrote:Got one of these for my birthday. The thing is sweet. Anyone else got one?

Image


I want one of these so bad as it would make the perfect amount for a small coffee drinker like me. Unfortunately, its not practical as my wife drinks coffee by the friggin gallon.. at all hours of the day/night.



Same here. I load up the travel mug with 5 cups every morning and that's my coffee intake for the day. It'd be fine for company, etc but doesn't fit my consumption habits either.


How long does it take you to drink 5 cups? If I drink more than 3 before 10 am, my stomach starts to rumble.

I'd like to get a new higer end coffee machine, but I can't justify throwing out my $20 Mr. Coffee that's served me well since college.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby dem425 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Swerb:

My daughter/son-in-law gave my wife one for Christmas. She was going to take it to work, but we have both enjoyed it so much, she chose to leave it at home. I like it for a quick cup in the morning or one at night. Especially when a pot is too much. The variety and flavors are great. We just went to Bed/Bath/Beyond and bought about $30 in teas/hot choclates/coffees. I hear there are cheaper places on the web. Let me know if you find any good deals on "k-pods".

Now the wife wants to get the smaller version for her office and her and co-worker will split it.


Uncle Caffeine
dem425
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:31 pm
Location: Now in Strongsville
Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:
jack_tors wrote:
Swerb wrote:Got one of these for my birthday. The thing is sweet. Anyone else got one?

Image


I want one of these so bad as it would make the perfect amount for a small coffee drinker like me. Unfortunately, its not practical as my wife drinks coffee by the friggin gallon.. at all hours of the day/night.



Same here. I load up the travel mug with 5 cups every morning and that's my coffee intake for the day. It'd be fine for company, etc but doesn't fit my consumption habits either.


How long does it take you to drink 5 cups? If I drink more than 3 before 10 am, my stomach starts to rumble.

I'd like to get a new higer end coffee machine, but I can't justify throwing out my $20 Mr. Coffee that's served me well since college.


Pretty much the 35 minute ride in and the first hour or so at work. But I don't drink anymore the rest of the day and the couple bananas I eat on the way in seem to line the stomach enough to scare off trouble.

No high end coffee maker here either. Just the Mr Coffee. Cleaning it regularly and what you put in is the key. As I get older shitty beer and shitty coffee have gone by the wayside.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22781
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:21 pm

dem425 wrote:Swerb:

My daughter/son-in-law gave my wife one for Christmas. She was going to take it to work, but we have both enjoyed it so much, she chose to leave it at home. I like it for a quick cup in the morning or one at night. Especially when a pot is too much. The variety and flavors are great. We just went to Bed/Bath/Beyond and bought about $30 in teas/hot choclates/coffees. I hear there are cheaper places on the web. Let me know if you find any good deals on "k-pods".

Now the wife wants to get the smaller version for her office and her and co-worker will split it.


Uncle Caffeine

Uncle Java, from what the wife tells me, Bed Bath and Beyond has these perpetual 20% off coupons they send in the mail, or print in the PD. You can get a 36 pack there for $18.99. 20% off, its like $15-$16 for 36. Like 45 cents a cup. And the best deal out there I think.

I love this thing. 30 seconds, you have a fresh brewed, tasty, piping hot cup of Joe. No mess, no cleanup. Had family over Saturday, like 10 people. No need to break out the old standard coffeepot. By the time it woulda took to brew a pot old school, all the coffee drinkers had their handpicked blends brewed up and in hand.

Very, very impressed with this thing.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:35 am

I'm with OJ, coffee is for the birds IMO, never touched the stuff, even once in my life. However I can walk around Bed Bath & Beyond for days. Not sure why but that store seems cool, I know it sounds gay but what can I tell ya, other than maybe I have been using Secret too long.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13358
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:11 am

FUDU wrote:I'm with OJ, coffee is for the birds IMO, never touched the stuff, even once in my life. However I can walk around Bed Bath & Beyond for days. Not sure why but that store seems cool, I know it sounds gay but what can I tell ya, other than maybe I have been using Secret too long.


Wouldn't have admitted the Secret, but I can do several laps around a BBaB, if only because of all the great kitchen stuff and gadget like appliances.

Shit and they have towels, don't forget to bring a towel...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby scott » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:28 pm

Looks like it makes different sized cups, but with a pod, doesn't that mean you end up with a watered down coffee if you choose a larger size?

What is the quality of the coffee? I don't care about flavors, just a decent roast.

My wife and I stopped using the grind-and-brew machine all the time because cleaning it daily wasn't worth it. Got something that still uses standard grounds but can fill 1 or 2 to go mugs. It works well for us.
User avatar
scott
 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby khetti » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:09 pm

We used to have Keurig coffee makers at work for several years, with the whole assortment of gourmet coffee and tea flavors. Many times it was difficult to find just a cup of regular Joe (breakfast blend seemed to be most popular), so I'd have to settle for things like German Chocolate Cake or French Vanilla Hazelnut Caramel Creme or some crap. I think my favorite is probably the Kona, but I actually really liked the spiced chai, too. They have since ended the contract for the Keurig supply, so we've now been relegated to the standard commercial-sized makers with plain-Jane coffee.

I have a Senseo maker that I got for $15, which is comparable to the Keurig, but it sees light action since I became a coffee snob recently and began using a bur grinder and French press.
User avatar
khetti
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:24 pm
Favorite Player: Kip
Least Favorite Player: Big Ben's Fat Face

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby waborat » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:12 am

Still need the Mr Coffee maker for our "bulk" needs in the morning...

Hit up the Keurig a couple of times every night for joe, teas & cocoa...

Nothing is easier or better tasting...

Maybe THE best invention since XMas Ale & internet porn
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:32 am

Just bought a second one for my office at work. Literally installing the thing as we speak.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby dem425 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:03 pm

What a coincidence, Swerb.........

My wife took the Keurig our daughter bought her to work..........She went to Kohls, got a brand new one and we are breaking it in here at home......
dem425
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:31 pm
Location: Now in Strongsville
Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby jb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:43 pm

Man, I would realy like to buy one of these, but I'm concerned I'm locked into closed source coffee. I like diffrent regions so long as they are medium to bold, but I despise all that flavored shit. And mediocre coffee just tastes lke bitter battery acid to me. If it isn't Starbucks or Seattles' Best, I want nothing to do with it anymore at home. I can't get any where the blends and roasting are as consistent and good.

I wish I could get one that wouldn't be software proprietary.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:52 pm

JB wrote:Man, I would realy like to buy one of these, but I'm concerned I'm locked into closed source coffee. I like diffrent regions so long as they are medium to bold, but I despise all that flavored shit. And mediocre coffee just tastes lke bitter battery acid to me. If it isn't Starbucks or Seattles' Best, I want nothing to do with it anymore at home. I can't get any where the blends and roasting are as consistent and good.

I wish I could get one that wouldn't be software proprietary.

JB that was my concern for years. Now that I am on the other side, I can tell you, you won't regret it.

Also, it's only a matter of time before all the big guys still on the sidelines (Starbucks, Seattles Best, Peets, Dunkin Donuts) do one of two things:

1. Get in bed with Keurig
2. Develop their own proprietary one cup machines

One cups are gaining too much market share. Too much money in em. If you aren't smart, and take advantage of the Keurig.com specials, or the Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohls perpetual coupons, you get zocked like 80 cents a cup. By being smart, you can get it to 50 cents a cup.

And even if none of that comes to fruition, there are a bevy of non-flavored choices that are prtty good. The Donut Shop bold blend is like Dunkin Donuts on PEDs. Caribou makes a nice Caribou Blend. Green Mountain has a breakfast blend and a Nantucket (signature medium) blend that are real good. I also like the Gloria Jeans house blend alot.

Botttom line ... the coffee is so fresh, and has that fresh taste. Even if you like Starbucks House Blend a little better than Gloria Jeans House Blend, the freshness factor compensates.

Give yourself to the dark side. It is your destiny.

Image
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 pm

JB wrote: If it isn't Starbucks or Seattles' Best, I want nothing to do with it anymore at home. I can't get any where the blends and roasting are as consistent and good.


Tried this? Good stuff. I like it over Starbucks and Seattle's Best

Image
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
User avatar
mattvan1
 
Posts: 3717
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:58 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
JB wrote: If it isn't Starbucks or Seattles' Best, I want nothing to do with it anymore at home. I can't get any where the blends and roasting are as consistent and good.


Tried this? Good stuff. I like it over Starbucks and Seattle's Best

Image

Love the Major Dickasons Matt. Great blend. Pre Keurig, was switching back and forth between that and Dunkin Donuts (polar opposites) for the last year.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:17 pm

Guess I'm a coffee snob, but spending time in Seattle will do that to you. Only buy beans at Whole Foods or Central Market (Whole Foods competitor down here). Couldn't pay me to drink Starbucks anymore - beans are too bitter and/or burnt.
User avatar
exiledbuckeye
 
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 pm
Location: Michigan
Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:06 am

Swerb wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
JB wrote: If it isn't Starbucks or Seattles' Best, I want nothing to do with it anymore at home. I can't get any where the blends and roasting are as consistent and good.


Tried this? Good stuff. I like it over Starbucks and Seattle's Best

Image

Love the Major Dickasons Matt. Great blend. Pre Keurig, was switching back and forth between that and Dunkin Donuts (polar opposites) for the last year.



I'll keep an open mind, Swerb, and see where the software goes in the next months. I really do like the 1 cup concept and freshmness. I only do thermal caraffe now for that very reason.

Where kind I buy the Dickasons?

I tried whole foods and other Ma & Pa hippee bulk shops, but I can't count on the consistency. Usually the roast is off for my taste. I won't say I have a great pallet compared to anyone or anything, but I value a consistent cup a joe that I think its good. It's one of the reasons I do not trust myself w/ a french press.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby waborat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:34 am

Swerb wrote:One cups are gaining too much market share. Too much money in em. If you aren't smart, and take advantage of the Keurig.com specials, or the Bed Bath & Beyond and Kohls perpetual coupons, you get zocked like 80 cents a cup. By being smart, you can get it to 50 cents a cup.

And even if none of that comes to fruition, there are a bevy of non-flavored choices that are prtty good. The Donut Shop bold blend is like Dunkin Donuts on PEDs. Caribou makes a nice Caribou Blend. Green Mountain has a breakfast blend and a Nantucket (signature medium) blend that are real good. I also like the Gloria Jeans house blend alot.


Couldn't agree with ya more here Swerbie...

Got addicted to this contraption while we were at my Mom's last month...Saw that Kohl's had the platinum edition for $160 and my wife had a 30% off coupon...Paid under $120 for it...

Can pick up boxes of cups for 7 clams @ Kohl's & 8 @ BB&B...

I'll add Newman's Organic Bold & Tully's Kona to your list...

Never liked flavored either, but have found myself enjoying the French Toast & German Chocalate Cake from a sampler that we got
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby waborat » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:34 am

OK, before I go searchin all over the Keurig site, I'm hoping someone can help me...

Got the Platinum edition, but everytime after I make a cup it turns itself off...

I've read the troubleshooting and the part about programming the thing to shut off...

Getting pretty annoying when we need 2 cups and you have to wait for it to warm back up...

What the hell I'm I doing wrong???
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby swerb » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:38 am

waborat wrote:OK, before I go searchin all over the Keurig site, I'm hoping someone can help me...

Got the Platinum edition, but everytime after I make a cup it turns itself off...

I've read the troubleshooting and the part about programming the thing to shut off...

Getting pretty annoying when we need 2 cups and you have to wait for it to warm back up...

What the hell I'm I doing wrong???

That doesn't sound good. No idea Rob. Maybe a bad seed. My two ... been plugged in never turned off since day one with no issues like that.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby waborat » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:40 am

Swerb wrote:
waborat wrote:OK, before I go searchin all over the Keurig site, I'm hoping someone can help me...

Got the Platinum edition, but everytime after I make a cup it turns itself off...

I've read the troubleshooting and the part about programming the thing to shut off...

Getting pretty annoying when we need 2 cups and you have to wait for it to warm back up...

What the hell I'm I doing wrong???

That doesn't sound good. No idea Rob. Maybe a bad seed. My two ... been plugged in never turned off since day one with no issues like that.


Shit, that's what I was afraid of...

Bought it down in Florida @ Kohl's last month...

Guess I'll give Keurig a shout
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby waborat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:46 pm

waborat wrote:
Swerb wrote:
waborat wrote:OK, before I go searchin all over the Keurig site, I'm hoping someone can help me...

Got the Platinum edition, but everytime after I make a cup it turns itself off...

I've read the troubleshooting and the part about programming the thing to shut off...

Getting pretty annoying when we need 2 cups and you have to wait for it to warm back up...

What the hell I'm I doing wrong???

That doesn't sound good. No idea Rob. Maybe a bad seed. My two ... been plugged in never turned off since day one with no issues like that.


Shit, that's what I was afraid of...

Bought it down in Florida @ Kohl's last month...

Guess I'll give Keurig a shout


Give Keurig an A+ for customer service!!!

Just called them about my problem and they're sending me a brand new maker w/ 2 boxes of java and I can keep my old one...

They said that they knew they had a bad batch released after XMas in certain parts of the country...

No questions or hassle :thumb up:
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby khetti » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:13 am

You can actually use a My K-cup reusable filter to DIY it, so you can have your Peet's and drink it, too, one cup at a time.
User avatar
khetti
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:24 pm
Favorite Player: Kip
Least Favorite Player: Big Ben's Fat Face

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:52 pm

khetti wrote:You can actually use a My K-cup reusable filter to DIY it, so you can have your Peet's and drink it, too, one cup at a time.



OK, now we're getting somewhere.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:53 am

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:48 am

Dunken Donuts coffee is somewhere between piss water and pond water on the scale of suck.

Starbucks for life.

The darker and bolder the coffee the better (and I understand home brewing cab be better than Bux), none of the watered down bullshit no caffeine coffee.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby swerb » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:37 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Dunken Donuts coffee is somewhere between piss water and pond water on the scale of suck.

Starbucks for life.

The darker and bolder the coffee the better (and I understand home brewing cab be better than Bux), none of the watered down bullshit no caffeine coffee.

I was horrified when you (or someone) posted the caffeine differences in Dunkin and Starbucks.

I like strong coffees too ... but like the taste of Dunkin. I start the day with it, then leave a little in the bottom and brew strong coffee over it. That second cup, the hybrid Dunkin XL/strong brew ... my favorite cup of the day.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:45 pm

Seriously all off you? Wake up, get one of these


Image,
buy some of this

Image
and get up to times with the rest of the world.

I'm disappointed with your response EY. I figured someone as high-brow and bourgeoisie as yourself would be a bit more cultured than that.

:bunny: :hide:

And if you need 5 cups to get going in the morning, well you might as well just look like this after rolling out of bed

Image
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
User avatar
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch
 
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:35 pm
Location: Mentor
Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:05 pm

Seriously? Mornings and me really don't mix. I don't even drag my ass into the office till 9:30ish most days and have to haul ass from the time I get up (which is late, I promise you that) till I hit my office just to make that.

I'm a night owl, usually up till 2 or 3 AM and in the office till 9-10 fairly often.

So waking up to make real coffee just isn't feasible. I make due with a large cup of Starbucks Bold Blend w/ at least one shot of Espresso, more often than not I go blackeye and get two (at least during the summer when I am getting iced coffee).

I fully understand your point, but it's not in the realm of possibilities for me.

And only Swerb would make a coffee mixture out of Dunkin. Ha.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby swerb » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:00 pm

The last 4-5 oz of the sweet, sugary, watery pussified Dunkin blend mixed with a Keurig bold blast is actually excellent. I know it sounds weird.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
User avatar
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch
 
Posts: 17919
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:00 pm

Tea.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:15 pm

^ PUSSY
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Guilty. Used to chug Monsters till me head starting spinning and I landed at the neurologist. I could never stomach the actual taste of coffee.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:27 pm

^ GIANT PUSSY
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:29 pm

Yup, when I started feeling like I was relapsing into epilepsy, my inner e0 taunted, "one more 60oz you bitch."

Get the kettel going.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:37 pm

e0y2e3 wrote: (at least during the summer when I am getting iced coffee).


e0y2e3 wrote:^ GIANT PUSSY


Starbucks is awful. If I wanted my coffee burned and full of raspberry/ whip cream/ moca shots I'd hangout in Boston with Amy Winehouse.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6522
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Say whatever you want about burned, but Starbucks is factually the strongest chain sold coffee by leaps and bounds (the bolds especially) and drinking that, black, w/ two shots of espresso dumped in it is about as far from rasberry and sweetened as you can get.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:25 pm

Have never tried Dunkin Donuts in my life.

Usually go with whatever the guys in the shop are brewing. If the old timers get their first it'll be chicory, if not just whatever local dark roast they can get their hands on.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
User avatar
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"
 
Posts: 2817
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:47 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:53 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Say whatever you want about burned, but Starbucks is factually the strongest chain sold coffee by leaps and bounds (the bolds especially) and drinking that, black, w/ two shots of espresso dumped in it is about as far from rasberry and sweetened as you can get.



Just reading that gives me the jitters.

Holy fuck.......
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:31 pm

My office was finally completed, so I purchased one of these today. They're expensive as hell, it better be worth it.

Looks awesome.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6522
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:57 pm

I drink more coffee than a fucking junky at an NA meeting. Hell, I drink coffee and then go to bed 30 mins later. I live and die by my Keurig. Instant perfectly brewed coffee everytime. I use one of those self fillable single cup reusable filter things with Starbucks Sumatra, so I get the best of all worlds.

I will never go back to a normal machine.

I cannot recommend that reusable filter enough. It cuts the cost of Keurig ownership by a factor of 3. I buy the big bags of Sumatra and it lasts a couple of weeks.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6445
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:42 pm

Costco has a pretty good deal going on these now. Platinum keurig, 60 K-Cups, plus the re-useable my K-Cup filter, all for $150. I finally caved and got one, so far I love it. Also, when you register the machine you get a buy two boxes of K-Cups, get 2 free with free shipping.

I've heard the reliability on these machines isn't the best, but that Keurig swaps them out if the break without too much hassle.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Keurig One Cup Coffee Maker

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Ive had a couple of small issues with mine, but I am pretty handy so I have been able to resolve them with google and some ingenuity. You can develop air in the pump which causes priming issues, you can develop scale (based on water) and you may have to break it out of the needle. God bless Google, it saves me thousands in various repairs and DIY's every year.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6445
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard


Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest