Text Size

No Holds Barred

Earthquake in Haiti

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Earthquake in Haiti

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Reports now that they believe anywhere from 100,000 to 500,000 dead from the 7.0 'quake:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34829978/ns ... arthquake/
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: Earthquake in Haiti

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:12 pm

If the high end of those estimates are true then that's over 5% of their population dead or missing.

What a devastating tragedy
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Chris Perez

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:11 pm

Unbelievable. Just hard to fathom.

I hate asking people for anything, never ask people for anything with this site. But if anyone out there has any money to put towards a great cause, no matter how small the amount, please consider the following.

Jim Liberatore, the President of Sportstime Ohio, has been doing charity work for a ministry in Haiti by the name of Christianville for several years. The area is ravaged by poverty and natural disasters. And is two miles from the eipcenter of this horrifying earthquake. Much of the community is rubble. What's left is being used as med clinics for the injured.

If you have the ways and means to make a donation to help provide relief, please get a hold of me via PM or at richswerb@gmail.com and I can get you the information.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Unbelievable. I'm sitting here trying to imagine that sort of devastation and loss of life here and I just can't do it justice. Makes me cry to think about it. I don't have a lot of money. I'm barely making enough to keep my family going but God I am alive and healthy. I have a roof over my head and my family is safe. Really makes you think about the stuff we can so easily take for granted. I'm just so grateful for every day I get. Anyways, Im giving what I can. Everyone else should too.
Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:14 pm

Haiti is already one of the poorest countries on earth. Now they get hit by this. Their only major hospital collapsed, all the Doctors without Borders clinics collapsed. Port Au Prince looks like it got hit by a nuclear bomb.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Haiti is already one of the poorest countries on earth. Now they get hit by this. Their only major hospital collapsed, all the Doctors without Borders clinics collapsed. Port Au Prince looks like it got hit by a nuclear bomb.

The president of Haiti looked ready to cry.

He's lost members of his cabinet, the presidential palace, his own home, etc. He flat-out said the country cannot sustain itself or rebuild.

It's heart-wrenching. Even for someone as heartless as I am.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Haiti is already one of the poorest countries on earth. Now they get hit by this. Their only major hospital collapsed, all the Doctors without Borders clinics collapsed. Port Au Prince looks like it got hit by a nuclear bomb.

The president of Haiti looked ready to cry.

He's lost members of his cabinet, the presidential palace, his own home, etc. He flat-out said the country cannot sustain itself or rebuild.

It's heart-wrenching. Even for someone as heartless as I am.

That's the thing, Haiti has no natural resources to sell, they can't make a dime on tourism, and they've been in out of civil wars for the last 50+ years.

I don't want to turn this into a anti/pro Obama thread, but it's nice to see him pledge a $100 Million dollars to help out.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby aoxo1 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:42 pm

I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:53 pm

What are they going to do with all those corpses? Do they even have space to bury them all? Disease is sure to follow.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby aoxo1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:09 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What are they going to do with all those corpses? Do they even have space to bury them all? Disease is sure to follow.

Yep. Disease, lack of clean water, starvation. The country is in ruins. The port is destroyed. Nearly all roads to the capital are destroyed. All forms of authority are gone. International organizations that were there are gone. How are they going to even get food to the survivors? Just an unfathomable tragedy. It seems like there is something like this every year now.

Eathquakes in China and Turkey. The tsunami. Katrina. The hurricane that hit Indonesia.
aoxo1

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:43 am

Such an awful situation. This is where the US needs to come through again and get that country back on their feet. It'd be nice if the people of Haiti could keep their differences at bay and come together over something like this.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:45 am

This is just going to keep getting worse by the day. That situation AND Marshall law?

Christ.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:53 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What are they going to do with all those corpses? Do they even have space to bury them all? Disease is sure to follow.

They are loading bodies in front end loaders and dumping them into trailers. No pictures, no documentation. Hundreds and hundreds of bodies in a trailer never to be heard from or known again. "People who will have just disappeared."

Others are being put into crypts that aren't full and sealed off. They're crammed with bodies and then sealed. Again, no pictures, names, documentation. Family crypts are now filled with the bodies of people who (in all likelihood) aren't their family.

Secondary infection may end up killing as many that died in the initial tremors, if not more. All because they lack $0.05 anti-biotics, or can't get them in on their one run way that remains available and in chaos.

Getting worse as desperation, hunger and time keep advancing.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:06 am

Be nice if we could pledge 100 Million to fix problems in this country.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:06 am

Peeker643 wrote:

They are loading bodies in front end loaders and dumping them into trailers. No pictures, no documentation. Hundreds and hundreds of bodies in a trailer never to be heard from or known again. "People who will have just disappeared."

Others are being put into crypts that aren't full and sealed off. They're crammed with bodies and then sealed. Again, no pictures, names, documentation. Family crypts are now filled with the bodies of people who (in all likelihood) aren't their family.

Secondary infection may end up killing as many that died in the initial tremors, if not more. All because they lack $0.05 anti-biotics, or can't get them in on their one run way that remains available and in chaos.

All this and yet some people in the media are telling us not to donate money or we should not send aid, we need to worry about the U.S. first and foremost. The people in Haiti didn't have anything before so they're beyond help now.

These are the type of people that should be the first flown down to be on the front lines assisting. They just might change their tune
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:14 am

Pup wrote:Be nice if we could pledge 100 Million to fix problems in this country.

Ha, they tried to fix some of them with 700 Billion dollars and haven't got shit from it (more if you add Bush's failed "stimulus" to be fair). This is probably the best 100 Million the US has spent in a while. Give them what they need and do it asap because that is what the US does. Our problems are nothing compared to what they face.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:16 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

All this and yet some people in the media are telling us not to donate money or we should not send aid, we need to worry about the U.S. first and foremost. The people in Haiti didn't have anything before so they're beyond help now.

These are the type of people that should be the first flown down to be on the front lines assisting. They just might change their tune

I don't wanna politicize the suffering, but every fucking time I get paid there is money that goes toward helping people right here. Every single time. And yet I listen to people talk about how food stamp recipients with kids are selling their swipe cards for 50cents on the dollar so they can buy alchohol or drugs with the cash. Their kids don't eat on the weekends because school programs ain't feeding them on Sat/Sun and some of their folks are abusing the system set up by the govt and contributed to every single day by working people.

Every one of us with jobs does their part here in this country.

Every single check.

If I have a few bucks to ship to the people in Haiti then fuck anybody who tells me I should be looking closer to home first. Those people there have less than zero today and they don't have soup much less kitchens to cook it in. I'm not some bleeding heart always looking to find a sob story to support. I hate those humps.

But this is ridiculous. This is the survival of literally hundreds of thousands of people that depends on others. And it's a place where the money is directly and visibly put to use immediately as opposed to abused and misspent.

Off the old soapbox.

Next.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:47 pm

I've been trying to find out how to volunteer over there and help out in a direct way rather than just donating money.
Most just say to fly over there and find their organisation.
But naturally no flights available.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:41 pm

I don't mean to sound morbid here but how the F did this many people die in an earthquake? Just from building collapses??
Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Many, many thanks to all of you who have PM'd or emailed me asking how you can help.

Shoot me an email to richswerb@gmail.com and I will get you the information. Even if it's $10 or $20. Every penny counts, and you can rest assured that your dollars will be going directly to people there on the ground in Haiti, and making an immediate difference.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:34 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
Larvell Blanks wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:

I don't wanna politicize the suffering, but every fucking time I get paid there is money that goes toward helping people right here. Every single time. And yet I listen to people talk about how food stamp recipients with kids are selling their swipe cards for 50cents on the dollar so they can buy alchohol or drugs with the cash. Their kids don't eat on the weekends because school programs ain't feeding them on Sat/Sun and some of their folks are abusing the system set up by the govt and contributed to every single day by working people.

Every one of us with jobs does their part here in this country.

Every single check.

If I have a few bucks to ship to the people in Haiti then fuck anybody who tells me I should be looking closer to home first. Those people there have less than zero today and they don't have soup much less kitchens to cook it in. I'm not some bleeding heart always looking to find a sob story to support. I hate those humps.

But this is ridiculous. This is the survival of literally hundreds of thousands of people that depends on others. And it's a place where the money is directly and visibly put to use immediately as opposed to abused and misspent.

Off the old soapbox.

Next.

But many of the people who bitch the loudest....don't work.

So they aren't going to grasp your concept.

Again, a horrible situation which I'm afraid is going to keep worsening by the day.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:42 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/201001 ... tico/31539

“We've already donated to Haiti. It’s called the U.S. income tax.” - Rush Limbaugh

What a piece of shit. Here's the newest thing to blame Obama for--helping Haiti!

Great post, Peek.
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Shadow Scars wrote:I don't mean to sound morbid here but how the F did this many people die in an earthquake? Just from building collapses??

In the Caribbean, you build your buildings stiff and strong to resist hurricanes (rebar if your rich enough, and concrete)...exactly the wrong formula for earthquakes (wood - which might as well be paper in a CAT 3).
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:45 pm

Pat Robertson knows who is to blame. Haitians, for making a pact with the devil to be liberated from the French.

Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:22 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Pat Robertson knows who is to blame. Haitians, for making a pact with the devil to be liberated from the French.

Wow. sure are a lot of wankers in the media over there in the States.

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

Gotta love 'Zo

Hope more follow their example

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Huge0126 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:46 pm

I spent 4 months in Haiti when I was in the Army, mostly in Petionville and Croix de Bouquet (sp). Great people living in just terrible conditions. If ever there was a country ill equipped to deal with a natural disaster of this magnitude, it's Haiti. Hopefully, all the aid and people trying to help can get in quickly enough to help.
Huge0126

Unread postby hebner20 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:45 pm

I hear the NFL and Union are donating 1 million. That is better than nothing but just based on the 53 X 32 teams that comes out to about 590 per man. is that all they can do? the top tiers guys should be shelling out high 4 figures or even 5 figures and #53 better be giving at least 2 grand - especially for a disaster like this so close to home. I know they get asked all the time for hand outs but I feel that blowing their horn about 1 millioin is just BS.

A lot of the "Joe six pack's" out there that work for 10 bucks an hour will be giving a couple hundred. In relative terms way more than "Joe NFL" I guess they are too busy shooting themselves in the leg are waving guns in the face of a teammate. Screw pro sports.
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:07 pm

hebner20 wrote:I hear the NFL and Union are donating 1 million. That is better than nothing but just based on the 53 X 32 teams that comes out to about 590 per man. is that all they can do? the top tiers guys should be shelling out high 4 figures or even 5 figures and #53 better be giving at least 2 grand - especially for a disaster like this so close to home. I know they get asked all the time for hand outs but I feel that blowing their horn about 1 millioin is just BS.

A lot of the "Joe six pack's" out there that work for 10 bucks an hour will be giving a couple hundred. In relative terms way more than "Joe NFL" I guess they are too busy shooting themselves in the leg are waving guns in the face of a teammate. Screw pro sports.

Those contributions are just from the organizations themselves. 'Corporate' contributions if you will. Similar to Progressive making a donation but still seeing many Progressive employees donate personally. I know in addition to what the NFL and NFLPA donated the Redskins and many other teams donated separately. Likewise, numerous players have been giving individually, independent of what their employers gave.

I was actually going to put some Twitter posts in here about how the sports world is responding but just didn't have the time to gather them all.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:22 pm

Can't wait to see how this disaster relief money lines somebody's pockets instead of going to the people in need.

I love how the Haitian people live in shit conditions damn near every day and most people don't care. Now, a major disaster wrecks their country and people suddenly give a fuck. Hilarious. And then they all try to compete with each other to prove who is better and more generous by giving money.

I'm not discrediting the situation or the severity of it, just saying.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby jfiling » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:03 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:Can't wait to see how this disaster relief money lines somebody's pockets instead of going to the people in need.

I love how the Haitian people live in shit conditions damn near every day and most people don't care. Now, a major disaster wrecks their country and people suddenly give a fuck. Hilarious. And then they all try to compete with each other to prove who is better and more generous by giving money.

The sad thing is, what you said is both impolitic and correct. For example, it's so nice to see that Janet Napolitano has decided to not kick Haitian illegals out of the country. It would be even better if the U.S. didn't have such a messed-up policy regarding people trying to make a better life for themselves and their families from third-world hellholes like Haiti so they could just move here in the first place. It would be far cheaper just to craft a policy to let them easily legally emigrate here, and the entire history of this country shows that immigrants make it cheaper for us all to live here in the long run.

I've probably taken this too far, and may get some flames. I do think that the U.S. should take a major part in the rebuilding of Haiti, but at the same time I hope we rethink the policies that helped to create the situation there.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:37 pm

"]
Skating Tripods wrote:Can't wait to see how this disaster relief money lines somebody's pockets instead of going to the people in need.

You are absolutely correct. Anyone who donates money, for any cause, needs to find out how the organization they are donating to spends its money. This information is available on the internet. I remember a few years back, when Katrina happened, I looked for this and started using AmeriCares, which spent nearly all the money on relief.

A site I just googled looks like it has this info http://www.charitynavigator.org
We rate charities by evaluating two broad areas of financial health, their organizational efficiency and their organizational capacity. We use a set of financial ratios or performance categories to rate each of these two areas, and we issue an overall rating that combines the charity's performance in both areas. Our ratings show givers how efficiently we believe a charity will use their support today, and to what extent the charities are growing their programs and services over time. We provide these ratings so that givers can make intelligent giving decisions, and so that the philanthropic community can more effectively monitor itself.
aoxo1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:32 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:Wow. sure are a lot of wankers in the media over there in the States.

I don't consider Robertson part of the media, he's just a religious nutjob with a huge pulpit. He raised money for aid in Africa and they found out he used some of the donations on helicopters for his diamond mines. Nice, eh?

So yeah, it's porbably best to make sure money goes to people in need and not to people looking to profit off human misery. Like was said upthread
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:59 am

Nice to see the country of France contribute to the aid effort in Haiti. Really? :guns:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... od-in.html
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:44 am

What if they posted a "Needs List"- water, canned food, band aids, gauze etc and set up a shipping container at an airport or ship port and people could just drop off a case of water or box of band aids. Load it into the container and ship it to Haiti. That way you know where your money went to. Obviously they need money for things, but how many cynical SOBs aren't donating anything because the are worried about lining someone else's pocket? Just a thought.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:40 am

fundamentals wrote:Nice to see the country of France contribute to the aid effort in Haiti. Really? :guns:

France should be leading the way, since Haiti is their former colony.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:50 am

jfiling wrote:
fundamentals wrote:Nice to see the country of France contribute to the aid effort in Haiti. Really? :guns:

France should be leading the way, since Haiti is their former colony.

Circle gets the square. France smells. Me no likey.

fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:56 am

jfiling wrote:

The sad thing is, what you said is both impolitic and correct. For example, it's so nice to see that Janet Napolitano has decided to not kick Haitian illegals out of the country. It would be even better if the U.S. didn't have such a messed-up policy regarding people trying to make a better life for themselves and their families from third-world hellholes like Haiti so they could just move here in the first place. It would be far cheaper just to craft a policy to let them easily legally emigrate here, and the entire history of this country shows that immigrants make it cheaper for us all to live here in the long run.
Hey I want a better life too, why is that your problem?

All I am going to say about it in this thread about a natural disaster tragedy.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:04 pm

What do you expect from the French

I wish i could cut out the 25% of me that is Francais.
They should know there's no oil in Haiti

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:04 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Pat Robertson knows who is to blame. Haitians, for making a pact with the devil to be liberated from the French.

Robertson is hardly part of 'the media'

He's a snakeoil salesman that sells hate and preys on the fears of ignorant people in the name of God

...and Diane Sawyer is an asshole

In any event, only a military can deal with events such as this by filling the skies with helicopters and troops on the ground for law and order and no one does it better than US

Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:06 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:

He's a snakeoil salesman that sells hate and preys on the fears of ignorant people in the name of God

In any event, only a military can deal with events such as this by filling the skies with helicopters and troops on the ground for law and order and no one does it better than US

Yeah well i was lumping that Rush Limbaugh in with him as well

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:07 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:Yeah well i was lumping that Rush Limbaugh in with him as well

I'm sure you've listened to Limbaugh, right? You aren't just regurgitating what the British media tells you about him?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:11 pm

Skating Tripods wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:Yeah well i was lumping that Rush Limbaugh in with him as well

I'm sure you've listened to Limbaugh, right? You aren't just regurgitating what the British media tells you about him?

We've never heard of him

I'm just regurgitating what all you guys say about him

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Unread postby bw » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:33 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:
Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:

Yeah well i was lumping that Rush Limbaugh in with him as well

Robertson is an old-time throwback. "Do this or the Devil will get you." "Obey God's Laws or you'll go to Hell." "Go to Church every Sunday or you're not a good person." blah, blah, blah.

This has only been going on for........ All of human history. We can even see shards of it in the AGW hoax that has been recently exposed -- "Use less gas or the Earth will warm and kill us all. "Turn down your thermostat down or you're a bad person." "Use no more than one square of toilet tissue or you're a selfish turd."

I mean, Danny Glover just blamed the earthquake on AGW, didn't he? Yes, he did.

Trying to frighten people into thinking the way you do is as old as humanity itself. Nothing new to see here.

As far as Limbaugh goes, he was advising people to not donate through the White House. He opined that you might end up on a political mailing list (hmmm, seems plausible) that some of the money would be siphoned off by political activists and/or gobbled up by the bureaucracy. Not sticking up for him, just trying to set his statement correct.

I concur. Even if it was a Republican in office, I'd agree. I don't send crap to the Government other than what I'm forced to send. If I want to contribute to a charity (and I do fairly often) I make certain that the charity is one I approve of. One I trust. And the words 'trust' and 'government' should not be used in the same sentence.
bw

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:38 pm

And bw, after many months off and bannings or timeouts from at least four forums around the internet makes his proud return to posting about politics.

The slippery slope has began, yet again.

Will the old man pop his pulmonary artery over internet poltics this go around?

Will his head explode?

Will tOC find him?

Will he get another timeout, continuing an incredible and unprecedented run of bans/timeouts from internet boards?

Buckle your seat belts boys and girls. Mid term elections are nearing, Obama is still in office, etc, there is finally a reason to read this forum again.... :pop:
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:41 pm

e0y, head over to your polling place and toss in a vote for Brown for me will ya ;-) ;) :wink:
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby bw » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Ziner wrote:e0y, head over to your polling place and toss in a vote for Brown for me will ya ;-) ;) :wink:

I think he's busy snorting blow out of a street walker's belly button.
bw

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:53 pm

bw wrote:
Ziner wrote:e0y, head over to your polling place and toss in a vote for Brown for me will ya ;-) ;) :wink:

I think he's busy snorting blow out of a street walker's belly button.

Good one bw.... :hey:
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:22 pm

bw wrote:I think he's busy snorting blow out of a street walker's belly button.

Is that extra? Everyone trying to make a buck...
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:26 pm

I don't support voting. This country needs a good facist to take over and send a large chunk of the population to containment/salve camps. Until that happens it's pointless to vote.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Next

Return to No Holds Barred